3D Models Software

Go to CruxDreams.com

Senatore33

Executioner
What applications do you use for creating crucified naked bodies?

I've read about Poses. Is it easy to manage, for a complete beginer? Is it everything included in the program (different characters, clothing...) or we need to look for resources in other places?

Poser is a commercial available packet
Daz studio is free. the company mainly focuses on selling resources.
Both are differen versions of the same thing
resources are available else where but both come with some basic stuff.

It is easy to begin, but quite intensive learning curve to make stuff really work
Poses can be soo tricky, making props/morphs yourself is hard.
making and using nonstandard textures can be even trickier.
It will take up lots of time to get good, but its totally worth it IMHO.

it will be easier if you have experince with other 3 D programs before

I use Daz Studio for my works BTW

Last edited:
Poser is a commercial available packet
Daz studio is free. the company mainly focuses on selling resources.
Both are differen versions of the same thing
resources are available else where but both come with some basic stuff.

It is easy to begin, but quite intensive learning curve to make stuff really work
Poses can be soo tricky, making props/morphs yourself is hard.
making and using nonstandard textures can be even trickier.
It will take up lots of time to get good, but its totally worth it IMHO.

it will be easier if you have experince with other 3 D programs before

I use Daz Studio for my works BTW
Does Daz Studio includes naked female characters, or should I buy them separatedly? Are genitals censored?

Maybe someone has any example.

Poser / DAZ are rendering software. Basically a "canvas".
You buy a cross, you buy a female body, you buy hair, you even buy skin, nails, grass, rocks etc.
Then you arrange things in Poser / DAZ, to build a scene.
You pose the body (imagine a puppet where you can control every joint to get the pose you want) into a more or less natural pose. At least you needn't care about anatomy beyond the bending of joints, as it all comes with the body.
Then you need to light the scene (placing a sun, reflected light, additional lamps to get the results you want, potentially a HDRI light source for best results)
Last step is positioning your virtual camera.
And finally the main task comes: Rendering. Poser / Daz calculate the picture by basically calculating for every pixel the ray of light, reflections from the virtual 3D scene to the virtual camera etc.
It takes a decent graphic card if you don't want to wait for ages until the image is finished.

So yes, you buy everything (where the price can be zero, for some stuff, but basically it costs money).

Of course you can build your own stuff, simple things like a cross or more complex tings up to the human figure, but that's not done in Poser / Daz but other software like Maya or Blender (free).

Last edited:
Basic characters including nudes are included.
male genitalia are not included, female ones are just textures on the models.
For male genitals and more detailed female ones can be bought or found as free downloads.
The commercial ones are better then the free ones.

Agree with Fantasmo on his post.
Money helps building a nice collection but there are lots of sites that let you donload loads of stuff for free.

From left to right the basic free female models
Genesis 8 model-> Genesis 2 model-> Genesis 3 model
no textures on the genitals it seems.
on the two outer ones that hair is included for free
the middle model's hair I'm not to sure about could be also same hair as the others.

attached pic render for about 8 minutes with an old Nvidia graphics card
Baseg8fg2fg3f.jpg

time to setup this basic scene was about 10 minutes.
complex scenes may take multiple hours to pose, without even finding the perfect lighting etc

attached pic render for about 8 minutes with an old Nvidia graphics card
What is WAY more graphics power than almost any laptop has and more than most modern PC on-board graphic cards have to offer. It doesnt take a GTX1080, but it should be more than an average office PC has to offer, meaning: Nvidia card added, ideally a "GTX".

What program are you using?

it comes with several models, and at their site there are more models for sale.
I mostly use the female genesis 2 model which was included for free with it.

there are seperate character packs with different textrures and morphs for sale at lots of sites.
Or for free.

or buy one of the more advanced genetalia packs male/female with more option in the crotch area for female models and wearable morphing penises for males

free stuff can be found on for example:

google and you find plenty more.
Beware there are also malicious sites who claim to let you download stuff in exe format.
Sometimes with viruses or other shit inside.

I'm only learning this stuff myself, but I'm starting to figure it out (slowly). If you want a female model with great genitals then the Genesis 8 model with the Golden Palace genitals addon is my go-to, but there's nothing much I could find that even comes close for the other genesis models which is a pity because most of the best body morphs seem to be for genesis and genesis 3 - I can't do non-standard body types (BBW, SSBBW, midgets etc) very well with the genesis 8 as Daz Studio seems to be designed for users in California where everybody looks like a 6-foot tall silicone-enriched Barbie doll.

Genesis 3 on the other hand has a great many body shaping morphs available, so that's the one I tend to use for these unusual body types.

You can buy pre-made character models which add a bit of variation (they still all look like Barbie dolls though) but come with realistic skin textures and makeup effects. The only problem with these is that most of them cost money so unless you've been on the internet long enough to know where to find all the stuff for free (well, most of it anyway) then you could end up spending a LOT of money on this stuff. As others have suggested, beware of EXE files on free sites. Important safety tip - Do all your 3D work on a seperate system that doesn't have an internet connection, and back it up regularly (I do mine once a week)

A lot of the commercially available characters are for the old Victoria 4 model (and its variants - V4.2 for example) rather than the newer ones. SOME of the content that comes with these is interchangeable but not all of it. Hair can be a particular problem on the model it wasn't designed for - The Fit To... context menu option will help but it isn't always reliable.

And on the subject of hair - MOST CHARACTERS DO NOT COME WITH HAIR - Something to bear in mind, especially if you're paying for this stuff rather than getting it from torrent or other file sharing networks. Also, the example pictures on some of the sites (I'm looking at you, renderosity.com) show beautifully rendered images (not sure what renderer they use by my results don't even get close to theirs) of the character WITH hair but you don't get the hair in the pack. Worse still in most cases they don't even tell you what hair addon they used in the render :(

But the worst aspect of all when it comes to Daz Studio is the absolutely CHAOTIC file hierachy - it can be VERY frustrating trying to find what you want once you have a lot of addon content installed. Seriously this REALLY needs to be sorted out. It's not all Daz's fault though - much of the trouble comes from the need to make Daz Studio compatible with older Poser content, but it can REALLY mess with your sanity at times!

Like I said, I'm only just learning this stuff, and the learning curve is steep, but if you stick with it, you WILL start to work out WTF is going on :)

When I was first starting this stuff I was looking long and hard for tutorials online, and I've found that there is no better place than Youtube for this. Just search for Daz Studio Tutorial (or Poser Tutorial if you use that) and try to learn the basics first. Me, being me, tried to dive in at the deep end with predictable results :/

I'm only learning this stuff myself, but I'm starting to figure it out (slowly). If you want a female model with great genitals then the Genesis 8 model with the Golden Palace genitals addon is my go-to, but there's nothing much I could find that even comes close for the other genesis models which is a pity because most of the best body morphs seem to be for genesis and genesis 3 - I can't do non-standard body types (BBW, SSBBW, midgets etc) very well with the genesis 8 as Daz Studio seems to be designed for users in California where everybody looks like a 6-foot tall silicone-enriched Barbie doll.

Genesis 3 on the other hand has a great many body shaping morphs available, so that's the one I tend to use for these unusual body types.

You can buy pre-made character models which add a bit of variation (they still all look like Barbie dolls though) but come with realistic skin textures and makeup effects. The only problem with these is that most of them cost money so unless you've been on the internet long enough to know where to find all the stuff for free (well, most of it anyway) then you could end up spending a LOT of money on this stuff. As others have suggested, beware of EXE files on free sites. Important safety tip - Do all your 3D work on a seperate system that doesn't have an internet connection, and back it up regularly (I do mine once a week)

A lot of the commercially available characters are for the old Victoria 4 model (and its variants - V4.2 for example) rather than the newer ones. SOME of the content that comes with these is interchangeable but not all of it. Hair can be a particular problem on the model it wasn't designed for - The Fit To... context menu option will help but it isn't always reliable.

And on the subject of hair - MOST CHARACTERS DO NOT COME WITH HAIR - Something to bear in mind, especially if you're paying for this stuff rather than getting it from torrent or other file sharing networks. Also, the example pictures on some of the sites (I'm looking at you, renderosity.com) show beautifully rendered images (not sure what renderer they use by my results don't even get close to theirs) of the character WITH hair but you don't get the hair in the pack. Worse still in most cases they don't even tell you what hair addon they used in the render :(

But the worst aspect of all when it comes to Daz Studio is the absolutely CHAOTIC file hierachy - it can be VERY frustrating trying to find what you want once you have a lot of addon content installed. Seriously this REALLY needs to be sorted out. It's not all Daz's fault though - much of the trouble comes from the need to make Daz Studio compatible with older Poser content, but it can REALLY mess with your sanity at times!

Like I said, I'm only just learning this stuff, and the learning curve is steep, but if you stick with it, you WILL start to work out WTF is going on :)

I don't know if you can get java libraries or something with pre-defined "objects" that you can stitch together to write your own code to build figures.
(Software is supposed to make things easier. One guy said: "Let me get this straight. This framework is designed so you don't have to recode all kinds of boilerplate. But there's another framework for it that keeps you from having to code all the boilerplate the first framework requires.")
I'm kind of done with all that. I have a pencil and an art eraser, and that will probably keep me going into my dotage or until hormone levels fall to the point I no longer care. I admire your initiative, though. One day maybe you'll just be able to ask Siri or Alexa to do it all for you and display it on a screen (or maybe do one of those 3D holograms like the one of the breaching whale appearing on the gym floor).

Last edited:
What applications do you use for creating crucified naked bodies?

I've read about Poses. Is it easy to manage, for a complete beginer? Is it everything included in the program (different characters, clothing...) or we need to look for resources in other places?
Go with Poser. I've been working with it for nearly 20 years. Daz Studio is ok, but it has limited rendering options and has a much steeper learning curve than Poser. BTW, my avatar was done using Poser Pro 2012.

Daz studio limited in render options?
that's new to me:)
Both Poser and DAZ studio have steep learning curves.

Now If i had unlimited funds I would add Poser to my software on my desktop too.
Poser is less difficult to make animations with (better IK)

Go with Poser. I've been working with it for nearly 20 years. Daz Studio is ok, but it has limited rendering options and has a much steeper learning curve than Poser. BTW, my avatar was done using Poser Pro 2012.
Not sure that Daz is harder to learn than Poser - I tried Poser 4 back in the day and I found it VERY hard to use effectively, so I gave up on this stuff until a few months ago when I started using Daz. I have to say that I find Daz pretty easy to get on with apart from the insanely complicated way the content is "organised". I think Poser Pro might give better renders though. Is it possible to install both on the same system and share the content library, so I could build the scene in Daz and then render it in Poser?

You can have them both on the computer but I think the workflow would be tedious.
exporting in one program then importing it in another is prone to conversion mistakes.
I've used Poser up to 9 and when I load old pz3 files the poses often are garbled.
textures and materials also sometimes get mixed up.

Lighting is the difference between a normal pic and a great pic what ever renderer you use.
The Iray renderenegine in Daz studio has many options.
I don't use the newer poser editions but I reckon they are similar in most areas with their capability.

You can have them both on the computer but I think the workflow would be tedious.
exporting in one program then importing it in another is prone to conversion mistakes.
I've used Poser up to 9 and when I load old pz3 files the poses often are garbled.
textures and materials also sometimes get mixed up.

Lighting is the difference between a normal pic and a great pic what ever renderer you use.
The Iray renderenegine in Daz studio has many options.
I don't use the newer poser editions but I reckon they are similar in most areas with their capability.
OK thanks. I guess I'll stick to Daz3D for now - at least until I start getting good with this and if I feel I'm making good enough progress then perhaps I'll invest in Poser Pro but to be honest I've not used Poser since v4.0 and I guess it's all different now, and to be honest I'm starting to find my way around the Daz UI and I'm getting more comfortable with this now than I ever was with the old Poser.

One question though - In Poser I was able to configure the UI window layout the way I wanted it then save that as the startup default. I still haven't found the option to do that in Daz - is this possible in Daz Studio ? (I'm using v4.10)

Not 100% sure but I think:

In prefernces > startup you can a file at startup.
Save a empty scene with the UI layout you want.

or you might try:
Window>workspace and then save your favorite layout from there

Back
Top Bottom