A question for those who have been crucified in real life

Go to CruxDreams.com
In some pictures (real & art) of crucifixion, the victim is leaning out from the cross quite a bit, and they are not standing on a flat surface. It's left me wondering, have any of you felt any fear of falling? Regardless of how well your intellect may know that you are secured at the wrists/hands, does your subconscious feel like you might slip out and smash face-first into the ground? If any of you have acrophobia, has it ever been triggered by your crucifixion, even if you weren't very far off the ground?

In some pictures (real & art) of crucifixion, the victim is leaning out from the cross quite a bit, and they are not standing on a flat surface. It's left me wondering, have any of you felt any fear of falling? Regardless of how well your intellect may know that you are secured at the wrists/hands, does your subconscious feel like you might slip out and smash face-first into the ground? If any of you have acrophobia, has it ever been triggered by your crucifixion, even if you weren't very far off the ground?

Because of being mounted on the cornu and the reliability of the method of wrist and ankle restraints, there is no danger of falling when i am crucified. i feel quite secure when i hang upon the cross.

Self-cruxing by standing on a small horizontal crossbar or on a small sloping support was how I did it for a long time & it was OK, but when I worked out a means to actually hang from ropes around my wrists and ankles the whole experience was drastically altered, it was a very disorientating feeling, a bit like floating except that the gravity of my weight made the rope bindings hurt like hell - but that was part of it. It was just really strange not to have my weight supported by any of the usual parts of my body. It was rather terrifying as well.

I guess that the leaning forward or not thing depends on how upright the cross is & gravity makes one fall away from it or not. Personally I prefer the cross leaning slightly back because I can see all the way down my body.

Be careful on kneel pain if you got tied up in dancing position, like kneel bent..if not doing regular lower body sketching ...it caused stressful on kneels..just with my lit bit of experience RP even i still on the ground with only my toes and my feet around 70 degree to back post wall.

Be careful on kneel pain if you got tied up in dancing position, like kneel bent..if not doing regular lower body sketching ...it caused stressful on kneels..just with my lit bit of experience RP even i still on the ground with only my toes and my feet around 70 degree to back post wall.

A decent level of fitness is pretty important if you don't want to do yourself an injury!

My take on this question. I did have a set up once which gave something like this experience, the cross started in a slightly reclined position, a few degrees off upright. It was tethered by rope, so once mounted I could shift my weight and it would swing forward to be upright or even slightly angled the other way. This was a very interesting experience, giving some sense of the cross being raised, and a real sense of hanging. It didn't trigger real fear, but it did trigger a kind of startled, uncertain reaction the first time, it was quite a novel experience. I was barely off the ground so there wasn't really a sense of height.

I usually have my wrists bound by leather restraints,short-hooked to the Crossbeam,whilst gripping the ropes wound around the beam.
At the same time,sitting upon a mock-Cornu,
(or,rather,a Butt-plug ) positioned at an angle, part way up the Upright.
Hence am able to,(briefly)hang,by my wrists, with my feet unsupported.
But there IS a Footrest available,to stand upon, should the need arise.

Last edited:
I've only tried self-crucifixion poses a few times. I had limited success with the traditional spread arms position, although it was difficult to hold for more than a couple minutes (which seemed like hours!).

But these two positions: no way! I tried both, and couldn't rest even half my weight for more than a second or two.

Has anyone tried either one of these and been able to sustain them for any length of time? I call the first the shoulder hook position because the arms are opened wide and then hooked over the patibulum near the shoulders. The second I call the elbow hook because the arms are raised straight up and then hooked over the patibulum at the elbows. In both positions, the hands are then secured behind the stipes.
Ouch.

The model is Kristin.

shoulder hook1.jpgshoulder hook2.jpgshoulder hook3.jpgshoulder hook4.jpg

elbow hook1.jpgelbow hook2.jpgelbow hook3.jpgelbow hook4.jpgelbow hook5.jpgelbow hook6.jpg

it's like anything else. at first it feels like you're leaning forward and about to fall all the time, but you eventually adjust.

it's like riding a roller coaster twice. the first time is scary, the second time you already know you're not going to be injured, so the fear subsides. the first minute or two feels like falling, then after that you get used to the idea that you're secure.

I've only tried self-crucifixion poses a few times. I had limited success with the traditional spread arms position, although it was difficult to hold for more than a couple minutes (which seemed like hours!).

But these two positions: no way! I tried both, and couldn't rest even half my weight for more than a second or two.

Has anyone tried either one of these and been able to sustain them for any length of time? I call the first the shoulder hook position because the arms are opened wide and then hooked over the patibulum near the shoulders. The second I call the elbow hook because the arms are raised straight up and then hooked over the patibulum at the elbows. In both positions, the hands are then secured behind the stipes.
Ouch.

The model is Kristin.

View attachment 893366View attachment 893367View attachment 893368View attachment 893369

View attachment 893370View attachment 893371View attachment 893372View attachment 893373View attachment 893374View attachment 893375
GORGEOUS !!!!!!

If you're attached firmly to the cross there shouldn't be any fear of falling. I never used a cornu, so I was always free to move about, and hanging out away from the cross was one of those moves. I didn't always use a foot rest to stand on. Most of the time my feet were attached to the stipes, pointing down.

Back
Top Bottom