A Real Archer In Training

Go to CruxDreams.com
At the Cruxton Abbey there is regularly a test of archery skills. A young servant is bound standing before a cross with her feet staked almost a meter apart...
book106- temp jpeg.jpg
The rules are simple. Each archer takes turns firing arrows at the servant. The arrows must hit between the shoulders, below the neck, and above the legs and a shot to the heart is disqualification. Here we see on his second shot the gentleman with the orange feathered arrows is out of bounds hitting above the servant entirely...
book106a- temp jpeg.jpg
This brings much laughter and good-humored ridicule from his friends.
book106b- temp jpeg.jpg
After two rounds the archer with the average closest arrows to her heart (without hitting it) is the winner. In this case the gentleman shooting the blue tailed arrows, a wealthy Dutch slave trader, wins handily!
book106e- temp.jpg
All the others must surrender a slave or servant to be hanged in the abbey's garden and purchase a replacement from the winner.
abbey 110.jpg
It is all good sport (unless you are the slaves or servants) and no animals were harmed in the contest. And since one of the arrows pierce the woman's lung there was no need to expedite her demise with a kill shot and she is allowed to die slowly while the gentleman enjoy an afternoon cocktail...

At the Cruxton Abbey there is regularly a test of archery skills. A young servant is bound standing before a cross with her feet staked almost a meter apart...
View attachment 300381
The rules are simple. Each archer takes turns firing arrows at the servant. The arrows must hit between the shoulders, below the neck, and above the legs and a shot to the heart is disqualification. Here we see on his second shot the gentleman with the orange feathered arrows is out of bounds hitting above the servant entirely...
View attachment 300383
This brings much laughter and good-humored ridicule from his friends.
View attachment 300384
After two rounds the archer with the average closest arrows to her heart (without hitting it) is the winner. In this case the gentleman shooting the blue tailed arrows, a wealthy Dutch slave trader, wins handily!
View attachment 300385
All the others must surrender a slave or servant to be hanged in the abbey's garden and purchase a replacement from the winner.
View attachment 300386
It is all good sport (unless you are the slaves or servants) and no animals were harmed in the contest. And since one of the arrows pierce the woman's lung there was no need to expedite her demise with a kill shot and she is allowed to die slowly while the gentleman enjoy an afternoon cocktail...

How very sporting! :confused:

Indeed, it's in the true English sporting tradition -
after all, the slavegirl population has to be controlled,
otherwise inferior-quality sluts will drive out premier class slaves,
and the value of gentlemen's property will plummet -
so why not get some healthy sport from culling them,
and training for the next war with the French? :p

Indeed, it's in the true English sporting tradition -
after all, the slavegirl population has to be controlled,
otherwise inferior-quality sluts will drive out premier class slaves,
and the value of gentlemen's property will plummet -
so why not get some healthy sport from culling them,
and training for the next war with the French? :p
Barb, get back to work...
coffee shop 011.jpg
...lazy civet slave bard

Tree

View attachment 300453
...lazy civet slave bard

Tree

Is there some sort of job-swap going on?
That looks like my nice little pad in the Coffee-Shop cellar.
They've even given me a mat to sit on,
and let me spit-and-polish my chains till they shine.
Happy slave-days! :)

arro_by_zapoved-d835jg4.jpg

View attachment 300453
...lazy civet slave bard

Tree
Well, often you just hang around...
b & t.jpg
Is there some sort of job-swap going on?
That looks like my nice little pad in the Coffee-Shop cellar.
They've even given me a mat to sit on,
and let me spit-and-polish my chains till they shine.
Happy slave-days! :)
Tree was sober when he posted... It won't happen again...

Tree

Back
Top Bottom