A Story On A Roman Galley Ship

Go to CruxDreams.com

william23

Magistrate
The Black Eagle

The cart shook violently as it made its way along the rough terrain and heading to the harbour. This was a transportation cart and carried souls destined for the Roman galley's. Men and women of all nationality were shackled half naked to the sides of the cart. For over two days they had travelled with very little water and almost no food. Livia and Mila, two slaves barely in their early twenties, huddled together to comfort each other. Their only clothing was a small cloth tied around their loins, their breasts were on view to all and bounced and flopped over the uneven road. "Where are we going"? Livia sobbed, "We go to the galley" a gruff voice replied. "You will row for Rome or die in the process, one thing for sure is that you will suffer much pain and torment all the time that you live". Both Livia and Mila sobbed when they heard this. The gruff voice continued, "I hear that you two are special and have been selected to row for the Black Eagle, you should consider this a great honour although I have heard they treat their slaves badly". "What do you mean" stammered Mila. "Well" replied the voice, "for those that do not obey I understand he crucifies them from the mast just before he goes into battle". Both Mila and Livia were crying uncontrolably and Mila began to wretch.

Suddenly the cart came to a grinding halt. "Right you scum, out!" The door of the cart was flung open and its bedraggled content fell onto the wooden floor of the harbour. The two girls clung to each other as they shuffled along with their chained feet. Then they caught site of the galley, it was huge with tall black sails emblazoned with the Eagle of Rome. As they moved nearer they could see movement on the side of the ship. A slave hung naked, nailed to the hull of the ship through his wrists and ankles, his semi erect penis swung to and fro as the boat gently bobbed in the dock. He was still alive although his skin was scorched badly by the sun. The group struggled up the gang plank as the chains around their ankles almost caused them to fall. A swift crack of the whip kept them moving until they were all on the main deck. The two girls looked terrified and beheld the terrible sight that was all around them.

The thud of heavy boots raised their eyes and standing in front of them was Goab. He was a brute of a man dressed in a short sleeved tunic and leather breeches held by a black leather belt. From the belt hung a heavy hammer and a leather pounch that chinked as he walked. All knew that this pounch contained the spikes to crucify any disobedient slave. “Now pay attention you pieces of shit”, he bellowed, “I do not tollerate any misbehaviour or laziness, you will row for as long as I say you row. The whip will be your master and teacher and believe me we use it well. Any slave who disobeys will be lashed naked to the mast for a whole day with no food or water. If you disobey again then we crucify you to the mast with nails, so row well and live, now get them onboard and settled on their benches...Move it!”

The group moved below decks, the sight they saw made them shrink in terror. There were row upon row of sweating bodies all naked apart from the strip of cloth to hide their genitals. Livia and Mila were hustled over to a rowing bench each, on opposite sides to each other. Mila flinched as she was forced down onto her bench, her small soft arse rubbing on the coarse wood of the bench. As soon as they had her seated her wrists were manacled to the oar. The charge officer bent down and slipped her petite foot onto the block and that too was chained down. Mila's eyes were glazed over as this was going on, all the time gazing at her sister who was enduring the same treatment. Mila looked at the woman chained to the oar next to her. “How long have you been here?” she whimpered. The woman, who must have been in her late forties, stared back at the young girl. “I have been chained to this oar for the last three winters” she replied, “I hope you die quickly so that you do not have to suffer as much as I have.” The woman groaned and looked down at the floor. Mila's eyes followed and she could not believe what she saw. The womans left foot was nailed to the block, through a wooden washer to stop it pulling free. The blood had dried and blackend as she had been nailed some time ago. “Why did they do this, what had you done to deserve this?” enquired Mila. “I refused to row faster and kicked the charge man. He said that for that I did not deserve to be chained and he pounded the spike into my foot to keep me in place.” She laid her head on the oar and wept. Mila knew her life would be hell from now on, would she be able to survive with her sister? Only time would tell.

To be continued

The Black Eagle

The cart shook violently as it made its way along the rough terrain and heading to the harbour. This was a transportation cart and carried souls destined for the Roman galley's. Men and women of all nationality were shackled half naked to the sides of the cart. For over two days they had travelled with very little water and almost no food. Livia and Mila, two slaves barely in their early twenties, huddled together to comfort each other. Their only clothing was a small cloth tied around their loins, their breasts were on view to all and bounced and flopped over the uneven road. "Where are we going"? Livia sobbed, "We go to the galley" a gruff voice replied. "You will row for Rome or die in the process, one thing for sure is that you will suffer much pain and torment all the time that you live". Both Livia and Mila sobbed when they heard this. The gruff voice continued, "I hear that you two are special and have been selected to row for the Black Eagle, you should consider this a great honour although I have heard they treat their slaves badly". "What do you mean" stammered Mila. "Well" replied the voice, "for those that do not obey I understand he crucifies them from the mast just before he goes into battle". Both Mila and Livia were crying uncontrolably and Mila began to wretch.

Suddenly the cart came to a grinding halt. "Right you scum, out!" The door of the cart was flung open and its bedraggled content fell onto the wooden floor of the harbour. The two girls clung to each other as they shuffled along with their chained feet. Then they caught site of the galley, it was huge with tall black sails emblazoned with the Eagle of Rome. As they moved nearer they could see movement on the side of the ship. A slave hung naked, nailed to the hull of the ship through his wrists and ankles, his semi erect penis swung to and fro as the boat gently bobbed in the dock. He was still alive although his skin was scorched badly by the sun. The group struggled up the gang plank as the chains around their ankles almost caused them to fall. A swift crack of the whip kept them moving until they were all on the main deck. The two girls looked terrified and beheld the terrible sight that was all around them.

The thud of heavy boots raised their eyes and standing in front of them was Goab. He was a brute of a man dressed in a short sleeved tunic and leather breeches held by a black leather belt. From the belt hung a heavy hammer and a leather pounch that chinked as he walked. All knew that this pounch contained the spikes to crucify any disobedient slave. “Now pay attention you pieces of shit”, he bellowed, “I do not tollerate any misbehaviour or laziness, you will row for as long as I say you row. The whip will be your master and teacher and believe me we use it well. Any slave who disobeys will be lashed naked to the mast for a whole day with no food or water. If you disobey again then we crucify you to the mast with nails, so row well and live, now get them onboard and settled on their benches...Move it!”

The group moved below decks, the sight they saw made them shrink in terror. There were row upon row of sweating bodies all naked apart from the strip of cloth to hide their genitals. Livia and Mila were hustled over to a rowing bench each, on opposite sides to each other. Mila flinched as she was forced down onto her bench, her small soft arse rubbing on the coarse wood of the bench. As soon as they had her seated her wrists were manacled to the oar. The charge officer bent down and slipped her petite foot onto the block and that too was chained down. Mila's eyes were glazed over as this was going on, all the time gazing at her sister who was enduring the same treatment. Mila looked at the woman chained to the oar next to her. “How long have you been here?” she whimpered. The woman, who must have been in her late forties, stared back at the young girl. “I have been chained to this oar for the last three winters” she replied, “I hope you die quickly so that you do not have to suffer as much as I have.” The woman groaned and looked down at the floor. Mila's eyes followed and she could not believe what she saw. The womans left foot was nailed to the block, through a wooden washer to stop it pulling free. The blood had dried and blackend as she had been nailed some time ago. “Why did they do this, what had you done to deserve this?” enquired Mila. “I refused to row faster and kicked the charge man. He said that for that I did not deserve to be chained and he pounded the spike into my foot to keep me in place.” She laid her head on the oar and wept. Mila knew her life would be hell from now on, would she be able to survive with her sister? Only time would tell.

To be continued
Good start! waiting for more. And sorry, my "likes", I give she you later.

Sorry to appear dumb but can someone take me through how I can add another chapter to this story without opening a new thread, I am a complete technophobe so be gentle with me!

Just scroll to the bottom of the page and start typing in the writing box (or pasting in if you have words in a Word document) or use "upload file" if you have pics. When you are done, hit "post reply"

Last edited:
Sorry to appear dumb but can someone take me through how I can add another chapter to this story without opening a new thread, I am a complete technophobe so be gentle with me!
Fear not... You are in good (???) company like me
Just scroll to the bottom of the page and start typing in the writing box (or pasting in if you have Words on a Word document) or use "upload file" if you have pics. When you are done, hit "post reply"
And thanks to Barb. Though I could have explained this you will find you are good hands with her... until I accidently execute her... it happens sometimes... a lot!!!

Where are you from (a country is good enough) and find an avatar and sex...

Tree

tree god.jpg

...I thought that was cordial... You'll get used to us and welcome to the show!!!

The Eagle departs

It was early afternoon when The Black Eagle was eased away from the dockside to begin her journey to seek out foreign invaders off Romes shores. The slow rythmic beat from the task master set the pace for the rowers which was further enhanced by the rapid crack of the overseers whip.The crew was mainly men of mixed race and a few unfortunate women which were mainly taken along to service the crew. When not being raped they were put to work on the oars, with the rest of the scum, and were shown little or no mercy. In fact the gyrating breasts saw more attention from the tail of the whips than the backs of the slaves. The stench of sweat, vomit and soiling hung in the air and stuck in the throats of all that toiled in the intense heat. Mila and Livia panted as they tried to concentrate on the stroke so as not to clatter their oars. If this happened the overseer would apply the whip to the tender parts of their bodies. Sweat stung their eyes but there was no chance to wipe it away and so they squinted and blinked to try and relieve the discomfort. Mila looked over to her sister, “Livia, I can't carry on, I have no strength left, I must rest.” “Mila you must keep going, concentrate and focus or both you and your rowing partner will suffer very badly.” The woman next to her nodded, “better you listen to your sister or we will both be punished,” she responded. Mila took a deep breath and pulled with all her might and pushed with her legs her face red and etched with pain.

In the depths of the ship there is no sense of time as the only light came from where the heavy oars protruded from the wooden hull. The thump, thump of the task masters hammer continued to drive them on in their relentless toil. Then the command to rest oars was given and the slaves slumped forward on the oars gasping for air. The overseer walked down the centre passing out a ladle of water to each rower. There was no point in driving the slaves to death and so there would be regular breaks in order for them to take on water. Livia and Mila gulped their water down and wiped the stinging sweat from their eyes. They could hear a rustle of chains and hysterical screaming behind them. “No please, no, I was rowing hard, please don't do this too me Noooo!!” A male slave was dragged passed the girls his back flayed open by the whip. His bare feet left a trail of blood down the center as he was hauled along. The hatch was opened and the slave was passed up to the waiting hands. He was still howling his head off as he was dragged from view. The task master unshackled the slaves and they were all led out into the bright sunshine in single file. Once on deck they were made to sit on the well oiled deck. The captain of the ship stood proud in front of them with the brute Goab by his side. Goab held four ugly black spikes in his hand which he chinked from time to time as he looked at the terrified slave. “Lower the beam” came the order, and two slaves released the ropes which lowered a well weathered piece of lumber. It landed with a thud on the deck when, at the same time, the screaming slave was manhandled and forced down onto the bloodstained beam. Goab worked quickly and expertly as someone who enjoyed their work. With the help of two slaves they fastened the screaming mans arms with stout rope to the beam. “This is the second time this piece of shit has given me trouble, let this be a lesson to all you new scum as to how we deal with disobedient slaves.....Nail him up!” “Aaaargh no, no, don't do this, spare me or kill me quick, plea....” His sentence was cut abruptly short as the hammer fell heavily on the spike head driving the point through the flesh and bones of the wrist. Three more blows and the job on the first wrist was complete. Goab worked on and soon had the other wrist pinned in the same expert way. The slave was now babbling incoherently and banging his head on the deck in order to try and knock himself out and relieve himself of the torment but worse was yet to come. “Haul him up” came the order, and two slaves pulled on the ropes that were attached to the ends of the beam.
Madiosi 2017-054-galley ship_paint.jpg
The slave groaned as his feet left the deck and he felt the full weight of his week and feeble body hanging by his wrists. As he was raised up into position his small piece of cloth covering his genitals was whipped away. His flacid penis was now on full view and would make a small target for any passing ocean bird in the area. After the initial thrashing about had died down Goab approached to finish the crucifixion by nailing the feet. He held one nail in his teeth and the hammer and nail in hands. With the help of two helpers the foot was pressed against the mast with the toes pointing down to the deck. The spike was placed at the heel and smashed cleanly through with one stroke, three more fixed it firm. More hysterical screams echoed around as the other heel was similarly fixed and the naked man was now on full view to all. Livia and Mila stared, with eyes bulging, at what they had just witnessed. “Right show's over, back down to your places and prepare to raise oars” came the command. The slaves were herded back and the thump, thump from the pacing drum began and once again the anguish of the rowing began.

To be continued

Last edited by a moderator:
The Eagle departs

It was early afternoon when The Black Eagle was eased away from the dockside to begin her journey to seek out foreign invaders off Romes shores. The slow rythmic beat from the task master set the pace for the rowers which was further enhanced by the rapid crack of the overseers whip.The crew was mainly men of mixed race and a few unfortunate women which were mainly taken along to service the crew. When not being raped they were put to work on the oars, with the rest of the scum, and were shown little or no mercy. In fact the gyrating breasts saw more attention from the tail of the whips than the backs of the slaves. The stench of sweat, vomit and soiling hung in the air and stuck in the throats of all that toiled in the intense heat. Mila and Livia panted as they tried to concentrate on the stroke so as not to clatter their oars. If this happened the overseer would apply the whip to the tender parts of their bodies. Sweat stung their eyes but there was no chance to wipe it away and so they squinted and blinked to try and relieve the discomfort. Mila looked over to her sister, “Livia, I can't carry on, I have no strength left, I must rest.” “Mila you must keep going, concentrate and focus or both you and your rowing partner will suffer very badly.” The woman next to her nodded, “better you listen to your sister or we will both be punished,” she responded. Mila took a deep breath and pulled with all her might and pushed with her legs her face red and etched with pain.

In the depths of the ship there is no sense of time as the only light came from where the heavy oars protruded from the wooden hull. The thump, thump of the task masters hammer continued to drive them on in their relentless toil. Then the command to rest oars was given and the slaves slumped forward on the oars gasping for air. The overseer walked down the centre passing out a ladle of water to each rower. There was no point in driving the slaves to death and so there would be regular breaks in order for them to take on water. Livia and Mila gulped their water down and wiped the stinging sweat from their eyes. They could hear a rustle of chains and hysterical screaming behind them. “No please, no, I was rowing hard, please don't do this too me Noooo!!” A male slave was dragged passed the girls his back flayed open by the whip. His bare feet left a trail of blood down the center as he was hauled along. The hatch was opened and the slave was passed up to the waiting hands. He was still howling his head off as he was dragged from view. The task master unshackled the slaves and they were all led out into the bright sunshine in single file. Once on deck they were made to sit on the well oiled deck. The captain of the ship stood proud in front of them with the brute Goab by his side. Goab held four ugly black spikes in his hand which he chinked from time to time as he looked at the terrified slave. “Lower the beam” came the order, and two slaves released the ropes which lowered a well weathered piece of lumber. It landed with a thud on the deck when, at the same time, the screaming slave was manhandled and forced down onto the bloodstained beam. Goab worked quickly and expertly as someone who enjoyed their work. With the help of two slaves they fastened the screaming mans arms with stout rope to the beam. “This is the second time this piece of shit has given me trouble, let this be a lesson to all you new scum as to how we deal with disobedient slaves.....Nail him up!” “Aaaargh no, no, don't do this, spare me or kill me quick, plea....” His sentence was cut abruptly short as the hammer fell heavily on the spike head driving the point through the flesh and bones of the wrist. Three more blows and the job on the first wrist was complete. Goab worked on and soon had the other wrist pinned in the same expert way. The slave was now babbling incoherently and banging his head on the deck in order to try and knock himself out and relieve himself of the torment but worse was yet to come. “Haul him up” came the order, and two slaves pulled on the ropes that were attached to the ends of the beam. The slave groaned as his feet left the deck and he felt the full weight of his week and feeble body hanging by his wrists. As he was raised up into position his small piece of cloth covering his genitals was whipped away. His flacid penis was now on full view and would make a small target for any passing ocean bird in the area. After the initial thrashing about had died down Goab approached to finish the crucifixion by nailing the feet. He held one nail in his teeth and the hammer and nail in hands. With the help of two helpers the foot was pressed against the mast with the toes pointing down to the deck. The spike was placed at the heel and smashed cleanly through with one stroke, three more fixed it firm. More hysterical screams echoed around as the other heel was similarly fixed and the naked man was now on full view to all. Livia and Mila stared, with eyes bulging, at what they had just witnessed. “Right show's over, back down to your places and prepare to raise oars” came the command. The slaves were herded back and the thump, thump from the pacing drum began and once again the anguish of the rowing began.

To be continued
Goab and his klinking black nails are pretty scary ... nice touch with that line :confused:

Last edited:
The Long Night

The night was long and very hot, below deck the slaves toiled in their chains and pulled on their oars to avoid the sting of the whip on their raw backs. Livia and Mila were almost in a trance, pulling back and forth on the rough oars keeping in time with the beat of the stroke. The image of the crucified slave was still raw in their minds and seemed to give them added strength to pull harder. Mila was crying gently, “be brave my sister” said Livia, trying to comfort her younger sibling. “Think of good things” she said, “think of all the times we played together as children”. “Quiet!”yelled the overseer and a quick lash of the whip to Livia's back made her yelp. “Leave my sister alone” screamed Mila. “Oh we have a feisty one here do we? Maybe she needs a lesson or two” responded the overseer. “Fetch Goab” he cried. Mila's eyes welled up and she began to shake in fear of what she had done. Goab strode down the middle of the deck his heavy boots announcing his arrival. “Why have you summoned me at this time of the night?” he bellowed. “This slave has shown that she has some fight in her, we need to teach her a lesson in manners. You may have her for the night but she must be returned to the oar by daylight, is that clear?” Goab's face lit up, usually the slaves they get to fuck are not as pretty as this one. He quickly bent down and unfastened her ankle from the block and unchained her wrists from the oar. Then in one swift movement he flung her over his should, giving a quick slap on her well rounded arse, and disappeared up though the hatch. Mila's screams could be heard all night as she was abused over and over again. The order to rest oars was given and all the slaves were told to rest for the next few hours. There was a fair wind and all that could be heard was the flapping of the sails and the gentle lapping of the waves against the wooden hull. From time to time there was a feeble moan from the crucified slave but these were becoming weaker by the hour.

Dawn broke and some meagre bits of bread and water were distributed by the overseer. Livia looked sadly at her sisters empty bench and tears ran down her cheeks as she blamed herself for the punishment that had been inflicted so harshly. At that moment the hatch was opened and Mila was dragged along and back to her bench. Her dainty ankle was fixed to the block and her wrists chained to the oar. Livia looked at her beaten body which was covered in bite marks, scratches and bruises. Blood and semen ran down the inside of her thighs and her left eye was swollen and nearly closed. A splash could be heard as the dead crucified slave was thrown overboard for shark food. Goab stuck his head through the hatch “Right my little beauties there is now space on my mast for anyone who wishes to give us trouble, any takers? No ? Well row well and live. Overseer the order is given to strike oars.”

Excellent story so far. It's harrowing and exciting. You depict the horror of being a galley slave very well. Goab is a nicely dreadful character, as well. I give him a :mad::mad::mad:, for the moment. We'll wait to see what the official score is from Wragg. :devil:

...the womans left foot was nailed to the block, through a wooden washer to stop it pulling free. The blood had dried and blackend as she had been nailed some time ago. “Why did they do this, what had you done to deserve this?” enquired Mila. “I refused to row faster and kicked the charge man. He said that for that I did not deserve to be chained and he pounded the spike into my foot to keep me in place.” She laid her head on the oar and wept. Mila knew her life would be hell from now on, would she be able to survive with her sister? Only time would tell.
I suspect the woman will die of tetanus shortly. Not much better than crucifixion. What happens if she gets sick? Throw her to the sharks, I suppose. :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Looking forward to more. :clapping:

Back
Top Bottom