Alice, Daughter of Barabbas

Go to CruxDreams.com

Wragg

Chronicler of Crux
Staff member
"Behold the Man!"

Alice Golgotha 001.jpg

Pilate was heartily sick of the Jews and their constant infighting and squabbling. They had brought him this man, Jesus, a Nazarene, but apart from the fact that he was a nutter, Pilate was unable to identify any crime at all, let alone one worthy of death.

He addressed Caiaphas, the Chief Priest, and his henchman,, who apparently was the Chief Sadducee. "Look, gentlemen, I'm sorry, but he's clearly innocent."

"He's guilty!" Caiaphas was livid. Guilty as charged! Even at the level of our law he ought to die! What's this high and mighty Roman law you keep on about?"

A passing crucifixion party gave Pilate an idea. He beckoned them over.

Alice Golgotha 002.jpg

"Look," he said. "I'll tell you what I'll do. I'm supposed to release someone to you at this time of year. I will release either this Jesus of yours, or this...." he gazed at the centurion in quizzical expectation."

Alice Golgotha 003.jpg

"Alice Barabbas, sir!" replied the centurion, promptly. "Rebel Jewess, sir. Murdered one of our soldiers!"

Alice was stunned at this turn of events. She'd killed the soldier in self-defence, not that anyone was interested in her defence. He tried to rape her, she had a knife, she killed him. But in that instant she knew that she was going to be crucified. The prospect terrified her, she bitterly wished she'd let the bastard rape her. She had tried to face her execution bravely, but it was all she could do to stand up, she was so frightened. And now, a chance of a reprieve!

She looked at the stranger with interest. She wondered what he had done.

Alice Golgotha 004.jpg

The priests were dismayed. Behind them, the crowd had heard what was going on, and they seemed evenly split, half bellowing their support for Jesus, half for Alice.

They whispered urgently.

Alice Golgotha 005.jpg

Alice, unconscious of any irony, raised her eyes to Heaven and prayed to God for her life.

The priests talked for ages, while Pilate grew restless. "I do not have all day, gentlemen!"

"Must we choose? Can't you crucify them both?"

"No, I have made my ruling. One of these prisoners will be released immediately.

It was a no-brainer, in the end. Despite his apparent sorrow and concern, the Chief Priest had been looking forward to Alice's crucifixion from the moment he'd heard she'd been arrested.

He nodded towards Alice. "Have it your way," he said. "Crucify her."
Alice Golgotha 006 6% more red.jpg

To be continued.

Last edited:
So we wonder a great deal within these forums how things might have been if Jesus had been a woman. But what if, instead, Barabbas had been a woman? And one who looked like Alice Kiss?

This thread is in response to a request by @Ramengmawiaaa, I'm not the world's greatest photomanipulator, and nor do I pretend to be, But I'm having fun, and I hope you will, too.

Another apology, this thread is not going to appear at a post every day as I do with my pure stories. I'm not as quick as Madi!

So we wonder a great deal within these forums how things might have been if Jesus had been a woman. But what if, instead, Barabbas had been a woman? And one who looked like Alice Kiss?

This thread is in response to a request by @Ramengmawiaaa, I'm not the world's greatest photomanipulator, and nor do I pretend to be, But I'm having fun, and I hope you will, too.

Another apology, this thread is not going to appear at a post every day as I do with my pure stories. I'm not as quick as Madi!
Very interesting thread, and the manips are wonderful.

Interesting and original question ... looking forward to this! :p

4-poster-bed1.pngFunny, I seem to recall that you were always rather quick whenever you tied me to the four-poster? :rolleyes:

my pure stories
Where are your pure stories Wragg? I seem to have missed them :p

I love the way you've brought out the waif-like character of Alice, dressing her in rags and adding a little facial grime.

He nodded towards Alice. "Have it your way," he said. "Crucify her."
Huh. They're not very nice at all. You've got my sympathy meter all revved up to high. Can't Pilate crucify the priests instead? Jesus can go off with Alice somewhere. ;)

That could change the course of history. :D

Where are your pure stories Wragg? I seem to have missed them :p
I'm sure he doesn't mean "pure". Must be an autocorrect thing. ;)

"Alice Barabbas, sir!" replied the centurion, promptly. "Rebel Jewess, sir.
Just three months after the conclusion of your dramatic story, 'For the Love of Alicia', she's back, facing life-threatening peril at the hands of the Romans yet again! And this is precisely the kind of theme with which she is so closely associated, and arguably the primary reason for our admiration. I wonder how she will cope with her ordeal this time?

Congratulations on the launch of this new take on an old story, and also on the accompanying artwork.
These are highly original interpretations of Alice images, and they mark an ambitious debut in the illustrated story genre.
I am looking forward to developments on this thread. :D

Alicia-rigin-break-det200pc.jpg

Back
Top Bottom