Alice, Daughter of Barabbas

Go to CruxDreams.com
Ah, well, you see, it's like this. I have a very peculiar sense of morality. Crucifixion does something to me, but rape dives me the heeby jeebies. :confused:

But I knew that Alice had a zero percent chance of avoiding rape, so I kind of hinted that she was raped while awaiting trial before Pilate:

Some new manips in amongst this next lot, including one where I borrowed heavily from Bobinder:

A man of culture I see

She looked down at the Romans still milling about below her.

AG061.jpg

“Please? Get me … down? If you only knew… how much it…. hurts! Please?”

Even after all they’d done to her, the centurion had zero compassion.

“Of course it fucking hurts. It’s supposed to hurt. You knew the consequences when you attacked my soldier! We’re not getting you down, nails are permanent.” He was struck by a thought. He bent down and picked up her tunic, still laying where he’d dropped it when he stripped her. “Doesn’t look much, but it’ll fetch a few coins in the market. You won’t need it again.”

AG062.jpg

His words added psychological agony to the already unbearable physical agony. This world of humiliation and torment was all she had. Nothing to look forward to except death.

“You’ve got a … sword! At least … kill me … now! Haven’t I suffered …. enough?”

He grinned up at her. “Tell you what. I’ll come and see you at sunrise the day after tomorrow. If you’re still alive then, I might be merciful and break your legs.”

“Fuck… you!” groaned Alice. The centurion’s grin grew wider.

AG063.jpg

Nothing to look forward to except death. She pleaded with God for her death, but God also seemed not to care about Alice Barabbas.

The dreadful day wore on. Hour ground into relentless hour.

AG064.jpg

The tortures of the cross did not abate. Crucifixion focusses the forces of nature onto the victim in an almost ingenious multiplication of suffering. The force of gravity drags the body down against the nails, the unnatural position held so ruthlessly for hour after hour turns muscles and sinews into screaming knots of agony that vie to outdo the nails themselves for sheer torment.

And then, there is the sun. The scorching, Mediterranean sun climbed higher into the sky, its rays beating mercilessly down upon the exposed body cruelly stretched out below it.

AG065.jpg

She looked down at the Romans still milling about below her.

View attachment 620183

“Please? Get me … down? If you only knew… how much it…. hurts! Please?”

Even after all they’d done to her, the centurion had zero compassion.

“Of course it fucking hurts. It’s supposed to hurt. You knew the consequences when you attacked my soldier! We’re not getting you down, nails are permanent.” He was struck by a thought. He bent down and picked up her tunic, still laying where he’d dropped it when he stripped her. “Doesn’t look much, but it’ll fetch a few coins in the market. You won’t need it again.”

View attachment 620184

His words added psychological agony to the already unbearable physical agony. This world of humiliation and torment was all she had. Nothing to look forward to except death.

“You’ve got a … sword! At least … kill me … now! Haven’t I suffered …. enough?”

He grinned up at her. “Tell you what. I’ll come and see you at sunrise the day after tomorrow. If you’re still alive then, I might be merciful and break your legs.”

“Fuck… you!” groaned Alice. The centurion’s grin grew wider.

View attachment 620185

Nothing to look forward to except death. She pleaded with God for her death, but God also seemed not to care about Alice Barabbas.

The dreadful day wore on. Hour ground into relentless hour.

View attachment 620186

The tortures of the cross did not abate. Crucifixion focusses the forces of nature onto the victim in an almost ingenious multiplication of suffering. The force of gravity drags the body down against the nails, the unnatural position held so ruthlessly for hour after hour turns muscles and sinews into screaming knots of agony that vie to outdo the nails themselves for sheer torment.

And then, there is the sun. The scorching, Mediterranean sun climbed higher into the sky, its rays beating mercilessly down upon the exposed body cruelly stretched out below it.

View attachment 620187
This is an obscene chapter!!! Has Tree ever gone so... um... never mind!!!

Gotta agree with Tree. :confused::D
So often the hanging around on the cross chapters are dull - not much action or drama, and the anticipation and anxiety over suffering are now just a grim reality. The last two chapters of this story, by contrast, are interesting and fresh. You've got some plausible and interesting interactions going to build our ultimate feelings of tragedy. Very well done. :popcorn::clapping:

[QUOTE="Wragg, post: 403126, member: 6338]
View attachment 620187[/QUOTE]

Very nicely done manip, Wragg. I shall steal it for The Agony Component. Gracias beaucoup. ;)

By early afternoon, the crowd had thinned, but there were still plenty of spectators. Alice had been crucified for about five hours, and by now she could barely remember life as a normal human. Her agonised existence spiked to wood high above the rest of humanity filled her every conscious thought, and had driven memories from her mind. She could not even remember why she was here, just that she was here.

“Hello Alice.”

For a moment Alice could not locate the source of the voice. She looked to her left and her right, but the chicken rustlers were, like her, suffering in silent misery.

“Alice, I’m here, in front of you.”

AG066.jpg
She focussed on a lone figure standing in the long grass at the top of the slope. Dimly she recalled that there had been life before the cross, and he had been part of it. He was….

Her father.

“Dad!” It was a croak, her mouth was parched. “What…are you…doing…. here?”

“I’ve been here for hours, but the centurion has only just allowed me up here for a few moments.”

Alice struggled with the thought. Had that bastard centurion actually allowed her an iota of consideration?

“How’s…. Mum?”

“Her sister is with her. Deborah. Your mother hasn’t stopped crying since you were arrested. We haven’t told her that you’ve been….” His voice tailed off.

“Tell her…. I love her…. and… I’m sorry.”

“You have nothing to be sorry about, Alice. These,” he waved his hand “Roman bastards, they have plenty they should be sorry about. Look at you! How could they do this to…” his voice broke “my lovely daughter?”

The real world came back to her.

“Ruth… she’ll be…. wondering?”
“Don’t worry about her. We sent her a message. She’s down there in the crowd, watching. She says she’s very sorry about what’s happened.”

AG067.jpg

Ruth, her boss, looking up at her naked, suffering body. Her father, too. The shame of it. The nudity was all part of the pain.

“Dad?”

“What?”

“I’m…. thirsty.”

Joseph addressed the centurion. “Can’t one of your goons give my daughter a drink?”

The centurion considered, then he nodded to one of the soldiers, who sighed deeply, and then took a ladder and leaned it against Alice’s cross with a bump.

“Owwww!” Alice shuddered with the pain.

AG068.jpg
He soaked a sponge in the bloody water they’d used to wash their hands after the crucifixions. He took it up to Alice who sucked deeply from it, and then he wrung it out over her head.

“Thanks,” said Alice. It wasn’t much, but it had very slightly improved her life. And she was grateful for anything.

The soldier grunted, and took the ladder away. As Joseph watched, Alice struggled up onto her nailed heels for a moment or two, to relieve her upper body, her agonised cries as she did so cutting through him like a knife. As he watched her, Joseph’s mind with filled with memories, regrets, and cold fury towards the Romans. With both Alice and Elizabeth gone, he would have nobody left. He resolved to kill as many Romans as he could, and if he finished up on a cross himself, so be it. He would kill for Alice, and maybe die like Alice.

“Dad?” Alice, hanging from her wrists again, broke into his thoughts.

“What, Alice?”

“It really hurts, Dad.”

AG069.jpg

Whenever she’d been hurt up to now, her father had made her feel better. Now he could do nothing. He looked up at his daughter, suspended high above him.

AG070.jpg

“I’m sorry, Alice….”

“No…. I mean, don’t blame the… Romans. I don’t want you… crucified… for my sake!”

He gawped at her. She’d read his mind.

“Forget me…… go back to….Mum…. love her to…. death. Find someone else…. Be happy!”

“I’ll never forget you, Alice.”

“Time to go! You’ve made your farewells!” The centurion brought visiting time to an abrupt end.

Joseph stepped forward, and gently kissed her foot. “Goodbye, Alice. I love you.”

“Love you…. too, Dad!”

Last edited:
Nobody said being a dad was easy. :doh:?
This is hard, and I'm all tense now, and I can't stop reading. I think you bowled a six with this one (as I think the expression goes).

I AM ON MY WAY. IF EVERYONE CAN BE A BIT PATIENT, TRAFFIC ON THIS ROMAN ROAD IS BRUTAL. MADAM, IF YOUR SLAVE COULD JUST MOVE YOUR LITTER OUT OF THE CENTER OF THE ROAD INTO ONE LANE OR THE OTHER...

The sun began to drop towards the western horizon, and its
merciless heat began to wane.

AG071.jpg

The sun put on a glorious display as it set in front of Alice.

AG072.jpg

Alice watched it disappear below the horizon. She knew now that it would be her last sunset.

Darkness fell over the three crosses.

AG073.jpg

"Guys! Don't....die yet! Don't leave me....... alone!"

Terrified of dying alone, every few minutes she called to them,
but after an hour or so of darkness, there was no response from
either of them.

AG074.jpg

"Please! Let....this...end! Let.....me....die!"

As the night wore on, the temperature fell, and gradually, her prayer was answered. Her head fell forward but even then it was several hours before
the last of her strength drained away. The first streaks of dawn were in the eastern sky before her little gasps of breath ceased, and she was still.

AG075.jpg

“Alice!”

A voice, from before the cross. A long time before the cross.

A voice she loved.

He was there, waiting below her cross.

“NATHAN!!!!”

Three years of pain, three years of sorrow, and twenty hours of utter agony were loaded into those two syllables.

“Come to me, you silly girl. You don’t need to stay up there now!”

She pushed herself away from the cross, and this time the nails didn’t hold her. She dropped down to the ground as lightly as gossamer silk.

AG076.jpg

In a moment she was in his arms. All the pain, all the injustice, all the humiliation burst from her in wracking sobs, as he held her close to him.

“It’s over, Alice. Now we can be together for always.”

“Oh, Nathan… it was awful!”

“I know!” He had scars on his wrists, as she did.

“I begged for death!”

“And he came. See!”

Standing beneath the crosses, was a cloaked figure. Alice gave a gasp of fear.

“Don’t mind him. He looks severe, but he’s quite jolly, really. He tells me that you’ve saved millions of lives today!”

"What?"

"The Nazarene. Millions would have died in his name, if he had occupied your cross!"

"I don't understand...."

"He will now die forgotten. The courage you showed on your cross will be remembered for centuries."

The cloaked figure spoke.

“You will understand, soon enough, my child. Now come on, you two. You have all eternity for canoodling. Come with me back to the city. We have a special place for those who have endured the cross.”

Alice looked at the city. It was glowing with light, and from it came music and laughter.

She and Nathan followed the angel to their new home.

And there wasn’t a Roman in sight.

THE END

View attachment 621085

View attachment 621086

Alice watched it disappear below the horizon. She knew now that it would be her last sunset.

View attachment 621081

either of them.

View attachment 621082

As the night wore on, the temperature fell, and gradually, her prayer was answered. Her head fell forward but even then it was several hours before
the last of her strength drained away. The first streaks of dawn were in the eastern sky before her little gasps of breath ceased, and she was still.

View attachment 621083

“Alice!”

A voice she loved.

“NATHAN!!!!”

Three years of pain, three years of sorrow, and twenty hours of utter agony were loaded into those two syllables.

She pushed herself away from the cross, and this time the nails didn’t hold her. She dropped down to the ground as lightly as gossamer silk.

View attachment 621084

In a moment she was in his arms. All the pain, all the injustice, all the humiliation burst from her in wracking sobs, as he held her close to him.

“I begged for death!”

“And he came. See!”

“Don’t mind him. He looks severe, but he’s quite jolly, really. He tells me that you’ve saved millions of lives today!”

"What?"

"The Nazarene. Millions would have died in his name, if he had occupied your cross!"

"I don't understand...."

"He will now die forgotten. The courage you showed on your cross will be remembered for centuries."

“You will understand, soon enough, my child. Now come on, you two. You have all eternity for canoodling. Come with me back to the city. We have a special place for those who have endured the cross.”

Alice looked at the city. It was glowing with light, and from it came music and laughter.

THE END
Wragg goes soft...

No, really a very good story!!!

Tree

View attachment 621085

View attachment 621086

View attachment 621081

either of them.

View attachment 621082

View attachment 621083

“Alice!”

A voice she loved.

“NATHAN!!!!”

View attachment 621084

“I begged for death!”

“And he came. See!”

"What?"

"I don't understand...."

THE END

What a wonderful romantical ending Wragg :)

Phew! :very_hot:

I think that definitely is it now! I think I need to leave poor Alice alone! :rolleyes:

I think I've done about 80 manips, some of the images in the set were just reposts of movie screenshots, and some manips have been abandoned, and others never saw the light of day.

This one, of Alice getting a drink

AG068.jpg

was by far the most troublesome, and I nearly binned it a dozen times! :facepalm:

There is already an Alice Barabbas in the Archive, so I don't think this second version should be rearchived, unless Madi really wants to, here's a pdf for those that may want it:

Attachments

• Alice Barabbas - The Full Story.pdf
    6 MB · Views: 207

I think that definitely is it now! I think I need to leave poor Alice alone! :rolleyes:

I think I've done about 80 manips, some of the images in the set were just reposts of movie screenshots, and some manips have been abandoned, and others never saw the light of day.

View attachment 621089

was by far the most troublesome, and I nearly binned it a dozen times! :facepalm:

There is already an Alice Barabbas in the Archive, so I don't think this second version should be rearchived, unless Madi really wants to, here's a pdf for those that may want it:

Downloaded and saved. Thank you so much for doing this again buddy. Also, if you don't mind, you should do it again some time. You're really coming along with your own art style and more practice will only make you better.

There's so many options and themes you can explore. Like for example, a story with Yulia (another Makar girl) using manips created with clips from another movie like The Passion of Christ. That's just one example. The possibilities are endless. And you have the talent bro.

THE END
Thanks, Wragg, for all the work you have put into this new version of the story.
The results have certainly repaid your efforts.
And I do like a happy ending. :)

Survivor-fj-portrait-ps200pc.jpg

Thanks, Wragg, for all the work you have put into this new version of the story.
The results have certainly repaid your efforts.
And I do like a happy ending. :)

View attachment 621095
Oh, she does look happy, doesn't she? :)

It's nice to see Alice smiling!

Your kind words made me smile, too! :)

View attachment 621089

Thanks for your efforts ! :)

View attachment 621089

You are still new to this manip business Wragg but you have certainly not backed away from the challenge!
The previous chapter with her father before the cross, always tricky. How to convey such a depth of emotion, of feeling. How would the crucified interact with their loved ones, how helpless does each party feel, unable to stop the inevitable. She asks him not to do the stupid thing, to sacrifice himself in vain. That conflict of emotion - save me! Stay safe!

And a happy post mortem ending. Did my own humble story inspire that, or was it already in your mind? Are we all going soft? :D

Jolly gets a cameo too, and I like that "We have a special place for those who have endured the cross." Those who have passed a very special test. Wonderful.

Downloaded and saved. Thank you so much for doing this again buddy. Also, if you don't mind, you should do it again some time. You're really coming along with your own art style and more practice will only make you better.

There's so many options and themes you can explore. Like for example, a story with Yulia (another Makar girl) using manips created with clips from another movie like The Passion of Christ. That's just one example. The possibilities are endless. And you have the talent bro.
AND ISN'T SAVING LIVES WHAT IT'S REALLY ALL ABOUT?...ER...:confused::doh:
AND I DID NOTICE THE PUN. HO, HO, HO. :rolleyes::D

I LIKE A HAPPY ENDING. :clapping::clapping::clapping:
Thanks for your efforts ! :)
You are still new to this manip business Wragg but you have certainly not backed away from the challenge!
The previous chapter with her father before the cross, always tricky. How to convey such a depth of emotion, of feeling. How would the crucified interact with their loved ones, how helpless does each party feel, unable to stop the inevitable. She asks him not to do the stupid thing, to sacrifice himself in vain. That conflict of emotion - save me! Stay safe!

And a happy post mortem ending. Did my own humble story inspire that, or was it already in your mind? Are we all going soft? :D

Jolly gets a cameo too, and I like that "We have a special place for those who have endured the cross." Those who have passed a very special test. Wonderful.
Thanks all :)

We may well all be going soft... but poor Alice deserved a happy ending, I think!

And if there is a special place in the afterlife for those who have endured the cross, the crux girls here should be OK... :p

Especially Barb! :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom