Alice, Daughter of Barabbas

Go to CruxDreams.com
This image, clearly, was inspired by a classic image by Rotrex:

summer.jpg

Trouble was, the original Maker image wasn't very sunny.... :(

22c7 cx_Alice_39_profile_c.jpg

I spent quite a while, um, heating her up, but Bob the Maestro (who has forgotten more about light and colour than I'll ever know) has improved her rather more:

Alice Golgotha 052 bbb.jpg

Thanks Bob!

Nice nail work, Wragg.

Again, the Alice shoot has been a rich source of crux templates for over a decade, but few manip artists have replaced the ropes with nails as God and Pontius Pilate intended.

Thanks a bunch. :D

Attachments

• 724A401F-0B94-4F88-9FF4-F5B3DAD367DA.jpeg
    724A401F-0B94-4F88-9FF4-F5B3DAD367DA.jpeg
    49.6 KB · Views: 462
  • A46F666B-FDE8-4886-B43B-79904F2CDF16.jpeg
    A46F666B-FDE8-4886-B43B-79904F2CDF16.jpeg
    172.8 KB · Views: 475
I spent quite a while, um, heating her up, but Bob the Maestro (who has forgotten more about light and colour than I'll ever know) has improved her rather more:
Thanks Wragg, but the concept and the nailing are all yours! :)

The sun began to drop towards the western horizon, and its merciless heat began to wane.

But if Alice had hoped that the evening would bring relief from her suffering, she was sorely mistaken.

Alice Golgotha 053.jpg

Myriads of bloodthirsty mosquitos took to the wing, and Alice was powerless to do the slightest thing to stop them. Her arms twitched against the restraining nails as her unconscious instinct to beat them away was resisted by unfeeling steel.

Shaking her head

Alice Golgotha 054.jpg

achieved nothing, except more pain.

Exhausted, Alice surrendered to the mosquitos as she previously had to the Romans.

The sun began to drop towards the western horizon, and its merciless heat began to wane.

But if Alice had hoped that the evening would bring relief from her suffering, she was sorely mistaken.

View attachment 586133

Myriads of bloodthirsty mosquitos took to the wing, and Alice was powerless to do the slightest thing to stop them. Her arms twitched against the restraining nails as her unconscious instinct to beat them away was resisted by unfeeling steel.

Shaking her head

View attachment 586136

Exhausted, Alice surrendered to the mosquitos as she previously had to the Romans.
You are as merciless as the archbishop!!!

Shaking her head

Such torment and frustration, expressed so effectively with images now approaching stop frame animation!

I believe congratulations are in order for this bold, dynamic approach -

You have just scored a first in showing Alice assailed by airborne insects! :eek: :D

Some nice descriptive prose here too ;)

The sun put on a glorious display as it set in front of Alice.

Alice Golgotha 055.jpg

Alice watched it disappear below the horizon. Her last sunset. Darkness fell over the three crosses.

Alice Golgotha 056.jpg

"Guys! Don't....die yet! Don't leave me....... alone!"

Terrified of dying alone, every few minutes she called to them, but after an hour or so of darkness, there was no response from either of them.

Alice Golgotha 057.jpg

"Please! Let....this...end! Let.....me....die!"

As the night wore on, the temperature fell, and gradually, her prayer was answered.

Alice Golgotha 058.jpg

Her head fell forward but even then it was several hours before the last of her strength drained away. The first streaks of dawn were in the eastern sky before her little gasps of breath ceased, and she was still.

"You have done well, my child. Your torment is over."

Alice Golgotha 059.jpg

The voice was kind. She clung to him, pleased to find herself able to move again.

"What kept you? I was...up there...for an eternity!"

"You are a strong woman. I could not come sooner!"

"I....begged....for....you!" She sobbed in his arms.

"You cannot know how many lives you have saved today."

"What?"

"The Nazarene. Millions would have died in his name, if he had occupied your cross!"

"I don't understand...."

"He will now die forgotten. The courage you showed on your cross will be remembered for centuries."

She still failed to understand a word that he said. Nevertheless, she trusted him, and she was content to allow him to lead her towards the light.

THE END

View attachment 586591

Alice watched it disappear below the horizon. Her last sunset. Darkness fell over the three crosses.

View attachment 586593

Terrified of dying alone, every few minutes she called to them, but after an hour or so of darkness, there was no response from either of them.

View attachment 586609

As the night wore on, the temperature fell, and gradually, her prayer was answered.

View attachment 586610

Her head fell forward but even then it was several hours before the last of her strength drained away. The first streaks of dawn were in the eastern sky before her little gasps of breath ceased, and she was still.

View attachment 586611

The voice was kind. She clung to him, pleased to find herself able to move again.

"What?"

"The Nazarene. Millions would have died in his name, if he had occupied your cross!"

"I don't understand...."

"He will now die forgotten. The courage you showed on your cross will be remembered for centuries."

She still failed to understand a word that he said. Nevertheless, she trusted him, and she was content to allow him to lead her towards the light.

THE END
Alice a saint... even a martyr??? What a perverse mind could relate a story of such epic events?!?!?!

Tree will drink and ponder this...

View attachment 586591

View attachment 586593

View attachment 586609

View attachment 586610

View attachment 586611

"What?"

"I don't understand...."

THE END
Beautiful ending and a nice twist! :) Millions of lives saved.... Thank's for this amazing series!

View attachment 586591

View attachment 586593

View attachment 586609

View attachment 586610

View attachment 586611

"What?"

"I don't understand...."

THE END

Out. Of. The. Park.

Well damn done, Wragg. Thanks. :clapping:

View attachment 586591

View attachment 586593

View attachment 586609

View attachment 586610

View attachment 586611

"What?"

"I don't understand...."

THE END

Love the ending Wragg. It creates a new way for one to think about the use of crucifixion.

Her arms twitched against the restraining nails as her unconscious instinct to beat them away was resisted by unfeeling steel.

Shaking her head

This just gets worse and worse. :(
Excellent device, the mosquitoes, for really bringing out the helplessness and vulnerability.

OH, ER, ABOUT THAT...UM... :oops: BETTER LATE THAN NEVER, EH? IF YOU DON'T MIND THE PUN. :rolleyes::cool:

The courage you showed on your cross will be remembered for centuries."

Excellent alternative reality, and we certainly will never forget our beautiful Alice! :)
A real tour de force, Wragg!!
:clapping::clapping::clapping::beer:

THERE'S TEA AND SOME NICE JAM CAKES, WHEN WE GET TO THAT LIGHT, ALTHOUGH AFTER WHAT YOU'VE BEEN THROUGH, PERHAPS A LARGE BRANDY WOULD BE BETTER. (AND MAYBE A NICE HOT BATH). YOU KNOW, YOU'RE MUCH MORE LOVELY THAN THAT CHAP FROM NAZARETH. EVER BEEN THERE? NO? WELL, YOU DIDN'T MISS ANYTHING...

Back
Top Bottom