Alice Kiss - Crux Legend

Go to CruxDreams.com
'Captured' by Arkady Sviatchennik

Arkady Sviatchennik's latest picture, submitted to his DeviantArt gallery yesterday, is entitled 'Captured' (#1.)
https://kamerijk.deviantart.com/art/Captured-717849368

For this, his fourteenth manipulation, he has provided the following explanatory text:-

'A slave raiding boat has been roaming the coast around Temit for a couple of days. After mooring near a deserted beach, the pirates set off to explore the surrounding area. It didn't take them too long to spot two young girls collecting firewood near a village, some two hours away north. Although one of them did try to resist, the girls were easily captured, then stripped and briskly marched to the boat. When they have collected enough booty the raiders will set sail to some slave trading port where they will quickly exchange their loot for gold.'

This is a highly attractive composition, with consistent sunlight and expressive details such as the tormented form of the tree, and the dhow just beyond the surf, which contributes to the background story. Eulalia has responded to the details, with an early comment on the two recently enslaved subjects:-

'Good facial expressions on both girls, arousing imagination - what's happened? What's going to happen to them? A picture full of hints and possibilities, dominated by the sinister storm-broken tree.'

The central figure of Alice derives from Femjoy's 'Droplets on my Skin' (#2) which forms part of her Crimean coastal sessions by Valery Anzilov. In the original, Alice has just crawled out of the sea, looking remarkably sirenesque. Arkady has reduced the shiny, wet look and added scratches and bruises to reflect her recent struggle with her captors (one of whom is now sporting bandages!) It appears as though she has just been untied from the bindings on the branch above her head.

When I commented, 'I do not recognise Alice's companion, although both girls have similar features and might be taken for sisters?' Arkady replied, 'the idea that they might be sisters hadn't occurred to me, but is very interesting indeed. It would make their predicament even worse, making each of the two girls afraid both for herself and for her sibling ...

Actually, would you believe that Alice's companion is (partly) Alice herself, who'd been sitting (or should I say squatting) forgotten somewhere on my hard drive for quite a bit of time, her crossed wrists seeming to beg for some kind of rope. Can't remember where I found the original photo though. For this picture I lent her a new head (plus a few scratches), more befitting to the dire circumstances. Neither do I remember where that head came from. An indispensable young woman.'

Whilst neither of us could identify the face of the foreground girl, I succeeded in identifying Alexey Bessarab's 'Emerald World' (Amour Angels) as the source of the Alice body image (#3, #4) In fact I had previously used the hair and shoulders from the same picture in 'Ecce Femina 1' (#5.) Not only that, but I had stolen a march on Arkady by using the same 'Droplets' picture for the face in 'Ivdaea Capta 13' (#6.) There is something curiously satisfying about seeing my choices endorsed by other artists!

Commenting to Arkady, Maha Shiva referred to Alice's popularity in DeviantArt manipulations, saying, 'Poor Alice can never catch a break wherever she goes--your page, my page, or Bob's page.' This prompted Arkady's response about her mysterious, enduring appeal, 'Alice is always ready to serve. There's that something about her, but I haven't quite determined what it is yet.' But, as Shiva says, 'We don't need to know what it is; we just know that we like it.'

Elsewhere, Arkady noted that 'Alice is an inexhaustible fountain of inspiration', and he has also described the attraction of photo manipulation as an artistic medium:-

'I'm an amateur illustrator (and observer) of the life of slave girls, especially those living in imaginary civilisations (say around the Persian Gulf) many centuries ago. I started years ago by idly drawing nude girls in pencil on paper, then found that the web offered a wealth of nude models I could tap on and launch into a new existence, so I'm now dabbling in photo manipulation. I use The Gimp, which has answered my needs reasonably well so far.

I'm not into "serious" BDSM, extreme violence or gore. But of course a slave girl has to be restrained or punished occasionally, or she wouldn't be a proper slave girl. I started posting some of my "oeuvres" on Deviantart only recently, and am grateful for the kind reception they have received so far.'

k2-1 kamerijk captured_by_kamerijk-dbve048 200pc.jpg k2-2 Droplets 015.jpg k2-3 Emerald World.jpg k2-4.jpg k2-5 Ecce Femina 1.jpg k2-6 Ivdaea Capta 13b.jpg

Indeed I was looking at #1 only yesterday on DevArt.
I thought - and still think - both girls are Alice.
The one in front with downcast eyes and anxious lips surely couldn't be any other,
it would be nice to find where that view of her came from.

Last edited:
The one in front with downcast eyes and anxious lips surely couldn't be any other,
Quite so, Eul. I tend to agree that both girls look like Alice , which is why I commented that 'both girls have similar features and might be taken for sisters?'

So far I have not been able to identify the source of the face for the foreground girl, but if I do, you can be sure of reading an update in this thread. Or perhaps somebody else will recognise the source and enlighten us?

No exact match yet, Eul.

I would be cautious about making a positive identification without an exact match, and this is a challenging angle from which to identify a person's face. Sadly, Arkady no longer has his original source. :(

This is the closest I can find so far.

Considering how much manipulation is involved, you may well be correct - she does look like Alice. ;)

k2-7.jpg

It's pretty close, but the girl on the left has different eyebrows, it seems, and perhaps something around the mouth is slightly different. A very close match though.
Yes, it is not identical, so it is not conclusive.

But we are looking at a face which Arkady has pasted onto the original Alexey Bessarab image, and it presents a completely different aspect from the original face. I sometimes change facial expressions in manips by digital painting. Arkady has modified the hair by digital overpainting, and might have resorted to some further distortion and repainting to make the new face fit convincingly?

I hope he will be able to shed some light on the matter eventually.

It seems, the artist replaced the faces and changed a bit the hair.
Not exaactly identityly but very similar.
Yes, Madi - Arkady has digitally repainted the hair to blend in the new face, but he tells me he did not alter this face very much. He does not remember where he found the source and he no longer has the original picture. I have just received the following reply from Arkady about my Met Art source suggestions -

'I don't remember ever lifting one of those pics from the web and using it. Which doesn't conclude the investigation, as the face could still be Alice's from another source.

Thank you for your interest in Alice and her adventures in slavery land.' :)

Both free samples found:
Thanks Madi. The first two posts are 'Baci' and the last two are 'Setan'. Both series feature Alice with Freya A, and these two models made a third duo series for Met Art, entitled, 'DH' (perhaps somebody can explain that title?) All three series were photographed by Rylsky.

Arkady does not recognise the source image for his manip in these series, alas. :(

Last edited:
Thanks Madi. The first two posts are 'Baci' and the last two are 'Setan'. Both series feature Alice with Freya A, and these two models made a third duo series for Met Art, entitled, 'DH' (perhaps somebody can explain that title?) All three series were photographed by Rylsky.

Arkady does not recognise the source image for his manip in these series, alas. :(

Some things want or sould keeping her mystery.
But the researcher in us...

It's pretty close, but the girl on the left has different eyebrows, it seems, and perhaps something around the mouth is slightly different. A very close match though.
Allowing for all the clever work, I'd say the girl on the left is younger, by at least two or three years.
Her lips are a little less mature than in the second pic - cheekbone too, still a slightly adolescent face -
the eyebrows look pretty similar to me, allowing for a bit of cosmetic tweaking.

It seems, the artist replaced the faces and changed a bit the hair.
Not exaactly identityly but very similar.
View attachment 547777

Isn't that Freya you're comparing her with?
I think the other girl's Alice, the one above in the right-hand pic -
again, I'm judging by the shape of her nose.

Back
Top Bottom