Alice Kiss - Crux Legend

Go to CruxDreams.com
At the moment I'm putting a lot of time in my more "natural" photoshopping. In fact the background of "Spring 2" is a result of one of those exercises. And I'm trying to turn Alice into a little vampire, but find that technically rather difficult. What I'm posting now is just a work in progres.Alice painted 04.jpgSpring 2.jpgLIttle demon 3 WIP.jpg

At the moment I'm putting a lot of time in my more "natural" photoshopping. In fact the background of "Spring 2" is a result of one of those exercises. And I'm trying to turn Alice into a little vampire, but find that technically rather difficult. What I'm posting now is just a work in progres.View attachment 593002View attachment 593003View attachment 593004

Love the drawing of the 1st one and the vampire is looking good. Keep up the good work Heliogabalus

I have to say that 'Alicia' is much more evocative a name than the simple 'Alice', and 'Ondine' does nothing for me.
No doubt her real (or at any rate 'model') name is Алиса, Alisa ('aleesa').

Ondine - 'Little Wave' - for ballet freaks is a piece choreographed by Sir Frederick Ashton
to (rather discordant) music by Hanz Werner Henze, mainly a showcase for the great Fonteyn and Nureyev
(in this YouTube clip danced very well by a pair of convincing F & N lookalikes)

(But no connection with Alice that I can see :confused: )

No doubt her real (or at any rate 'model') name is Алиса, Alisa ('aleesa').
:) Quite so...

m15 Tatler alisa 2a.jpg

Ondine - 'Little Wave'
Thanks for the interpretation, Eul.
It is a highly appropriate name in view of her Crimean coastal series for Femjoy, exemplified by this picture from, 'Low Tide' by Valery Anzilov -

FemJoy-Ondine-Low-Tide-by-Valery-Anzilov-2012-02-01-3.jpg

15 June is the Feast Day of St. Alice, the patron saint of the blind and paralyzed.

St. Alice of Schaerbeek (c. 1220–1250) was a Cistercian laysister at La Cambre Abbey in Brussels. At the age of 20 she contracted leprosy, eventually suffering from blindness and paralysis. She died in 1250, at the age of 30. Devotion to Alice as a saint was approved in 1907 by Pope Pius X -
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alice_of_Schaerbeek

Alice of Schaerbeek was neither a martyr nor a stigmatic. Nevertheless, her Feast Day gets a celebration here in the style we associate with a crux star named Alice.

ivdaea_capta_25_by_bobnearled-dceer6b.jpg

The figure of Alice is derived from a screen shot from Femjoy's 'Cliff Hanger' video. The arms have been re-positioned, and new hands and a left foot have been added. The source is a low resolution image which has been enlarged. Consequently all other components in the manipulation, including the background, are presented in soft focus, in harmony with the subject. Perhaps the sepia version works best, giving the impression of a blurry old photograph.

It was an interesting experiment, with an unusual pose, although I prefer working in much higher resolution.

Ivdaea Capta 25 Cliff Hanger source.jpgIvdaea Capta 25 GS.jpgIvdaea Capta 25 sepia-7-15g110.jpgIvdaea Capta 25.jpg

15 June is the Feast Day of St. Alice, the patron saint of the blind and paralyzed.

St. Alice of Schaerbeek (c. 1220–1250) was a Cistercian laysister at La Cambre Abbey in Brussels. At the age of 20 she contracted leprosy, eventually suffering from blindness and paralysis. She died in 1250, at the age of 30. Devotion to Alice as a saint was approved in 1907 by Pope Pius X -

Alice of Schaerbeek was neither a martyr nor a stigmatic. Nevertheless, her Feast Day gets a celebration here in the style we associate with a crux star named Alice.

The figure of Alice is derived from a screen shot from Femjoy's 'Cliff Hanger' video. The arms have been re-positioned, and new hands and a left foot have been added. The source is a low resolution image which has been enlarged. Consequently all other components in the manipulation, including the background, are presented in soft focus, in harmony with the subject. Perhaps the sepia version works best, giving the impression of a blurry old photograph.

It was an interesting experiment, with an unusual pose, although I prefer working in much higher resolution.

View attachment 595507View attachment 595508View attachment 595509View attachment 595510
A new Alice manip by Bob!

And done to his usual immaculate standard, too! :clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

One reason why she was almost lost in obscurity was the various versions of her name - Aleydis, Adelhild, Adelaide.... Another St Adelaide was daughter of the King of Burgundy, married at about 17 to Lothair II of Italy, but he died and she was 'treated with great brutality' by Berengarius of Ivrea. She was rescued by the Emperor Otto the Great, who married her, but he died and again she had a rough time. Still, she ended up as Empress Regent, and died peacefully in 999. There's a Blessed Alice Rich in the calendar, sister of St Edmund RIch who was archbishop of Canterbury, she was prioress of Catesby, but even less of a martyr.

And done to his usual immaculate standard, too! :clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:
Thanks, Wragg. Some of the stretches in 'Cliff Hanger' suggest a prescience by Alice of her Cruxdreams session a month later.
If the contract was already booked, she must surely have been thinking about it.

The feedback on this one has been very positive, despite the blurry quality, so eventually I may try some more experiments based on the video. :)

One reason why she was almost lost in obscurity was the various versions of her name - Aleydis, Adelhild, Adelaide.... Another St Adelaide was daughter of the King of Burgundy, married at about 17 to Lothair II of Italy, but he died and she was 'treated with great brutality' by Berengarius of Ivrea. She was rescued by the Emperor Otto the Great, who married her, but he died and again she had a rough time. Still, she ended up as Empress Regent, and died peacefully in 999. There's a Blessed Alice Rich in the calendar, sister of St Edmund RIch who was archbishop of Canterbury, she was prioress of Catesby, but even less of a martyr.
Thanks for the info, Eul. Like our Alice, the saint has a number of different names. :)

'Alice and Koshka in the Crux Forest'
20 June 2007 - Eleventh Anniversary

making_movies_in_the_crux_forest_by_bobnearled-dcevkkp.jpg

Today marks eleven years since the afternoon of 20 June 2007, when Alice fulfilled the only BDSM contract of her modelling career. It was the day that crux fans discovered Alice, since Makar submitted the first picture from the session on DeviantArt later that same day.

Most of Makar's DeviantArt pictures were submitted several months, or even years, after the sessions which produced them, and it was unusual for him to publish something the same day. He must have been rather excited to release a photograph so quickly. The monochrome picture, 'Contemplation of Crucifixion' (#1) is a teaser in every way, and it is a moment stolen in time.

There is a second version of the picture, taken within seconds of the first (#2 - Koshka has moved, but Alice remains transfixed.) I believe it is the only Crux scene in which both Alice and Koshka appear together. The other scenes in which both models appear together are pre- and post-crucifixion. As far as I am aware, Makar's picture is also unique in being the only published, candid image of Alice, fully clothed. It is also one of the very few, which despite the clothing, shows Alice's dorsal tattoo, which is almost always deleted by photographers from other studios.

Altogether an honest, behind-the-scenes image, this is a teaser in every way. It tells us that, at 2.29 pm on 20 June 2007, Cruxdreams were shooting an outdoor session with two models. Koshka is out of focus, on the cross in the distance, and Alice is seen from behind, unaware of the camera. Thus the identities of both models are effectively concealed. It would be some little time before the world would see Femjoy's latest discovery as she had never been seen before.

All the pictures of Alice in Makar's DevianArt gallery are monochrome versions, either in black and white, or sepia, of which he was very fond. Another behind-the-scenes view from the 'Crux Forest' is provided by the black and white, 'Making Movies 2' (#3) in which ImageMaker's video camera is visible in the right background. This was published by Makar three years later, on 25 May 2010, although the camera data reveals that it was taken at 12.51 pm on 20 June 2007.

This is a hurriedly recorded moment, in which the two girls walk through the forest, each carrying a patibulum, roughly hewn from a tree branch. There is no time for a carefully composed picture. The angle is slightly out of vertical alignment, and Alice is cut off at the knees. Rather less than half of Koshka's body (and none of her face) appears on the left side of the picture. Alice's face is a study in concentration, as she picks her way carefully through the undergrowth on shackled feet (which we cannot see.)

In Wragg's thread, 'Carrying the Cross', I lamented that I had never seen a colour version of this picture, and so I colourised it through 20 visible layers in Photoshop, to satisfy my curiosity (#4.) I am pleased to say that the results were well received, and I began to wonder how it would have looked if Makar had been able to compose his picture as a full length portrait.

Back in Photoshop, I straightened the image and extended the lower area to produce a square format. I filled in with a further 24 visible layers, plus digital over-painting, blending and colour-balancing. Koshka's half-body and the video camera were deleted, and Alice's legs have been extended down to her feet. The missing foreground was reconstructed using numerous sections of ground cover from authentic 'Crux Forest' pictures.

I needed a lower right leg with the appropriate knee bend, at the correct angle. Having found a suitable, albeit headless, donor, I am unable to identify whose features I have used for the bent leg. The left, straight leg had a couple of false starts before I found an image with suitable orientation. This new, left, lower leg, with its distinctively defined, inner calf muscle, is genuinely Alice from the knee down, courtesy of Femjoy.

At this point in the 'Crux Forest', Alice was actually wearing an iron collar, which is obscured by her hair in this view, and her ankles were shackled and joined by a chain. As I have omitted this detail, my picture is not an accurate record of the session, and is somewhat conjectural. But maybe next time, I will attempt the missing details.

Meanwhile, Makar's signature is preserved (MKR) in the upper right corner, and I have given my colourised manipulation the title, 'Making Movies in the Crux Forest' (#5) in recognition of the original source. And, of course, Makar also loved sepia (#6.)

Alice tattoo contemplation_of_crucifixion_by_makar013 200pc.jpgAlice tattoo contemp IMG_7681_C 30 Dec 2009 200pc.jpgmaking_movies___2_by_makar013 200pc.jpgMaking Movies colourised1-200pc.jpgMaking Movies in the Crux Forest.jpgMaking Movies in the Crux Forest sepia-7-15g110.jpg

Last edited:
Holy shit, Bob. You’re goddam good at this.

I knew your photoshop skills bordered on super powers, but even the photorealism of Alicia Rebellatrix can’t be mistaken for an unretouched, real time photograph. This one can. My eye simply can’t see where you stuck some other girl's legs onto Alice.

Well. Damn. Done.

Attachments

• BA15CC7B-5913-4A14-AD99-680B8B2D035C.jpeg
    BA15CC7B-5913-4A14-AD99-680B8B2D035C.jpeg
    40.4 KB · Views: 291
  • 27671D94-AED1-460E-ABE6-5934EF2E4713.jpeg
    27671D94-AED1-460E-ABE6-5934EF2E4713.jpeg
    306.8 KB · Views: 280

I knew your photoshop skills bordered on super powers, but even the photorealism of Alicia Rebellatrix can’t be mistaken for an unretouched, real time photograph. This one can. My eye simply can’t see where you stuck some other girl's legs onto Alice.

Well. Damn. Done.
Thanks, Apostate. The 'Ivdaea Capta' figure is entirely composed of genuine Alice features.
In my 'Crux Forest' manip, the straight leg came from one of Alice's Femjoy sessions ('Survivor' by Valery Anzilov) although the bent leg is somebody else's.
The joins of both legs are just slightly above the lower edge of Makar's original picture - around the tops of the knee caps. :D

Well. Damn. Done.
Really superb work, Bob! Always happy to see more of your "experiments". Would that I was half as good.
:clapping::clapping::clapping::beer:

'Alice and Koshka in the Crux Forest'
20 June 2007 - Eleventh Anniversary

making_movies_in_the_crux_forest_by_bobnearled-dcevkkp.jpg

Today marks eleven years since the afternoon of 20 June 2007, when Alice fulfilled the only BDSM contract of her modelling career. It was the day that crux fans discovered Alice, since Makar submitted the first picture from the session on DeviantArt later that same day.

Most of Makar's DeviantArt pictures were submitted several months, or even years, after the sessions which produced them, and it was unusual for him to publish something the same day. He must have been rather excited to release a photograph so quickly. The monochrome picture, 'Contemplation of Crucifixion' (#1) is a teaser in every way, and it is a moment stolen in time.

There is a second version of the picture, taken within seconds of the first (#2 - Koshka has moved, but Alice remains transfixed.) I believe it is the only Crux scene in which both Alice and Koshka appear together. The other scenes in which both models appear together are pre- and post-crucifixion. As far as I am aware, Makar's picture is also unique in being the only published, candid image of Alice, fully clothed. It is also one of the very few, which despite the clothing, shows Alice's dorsal tattoo, which is almost always deleted by photographers from other studios.

Altogether an honest, behind-the-scenes image, this is a teaser in every way. It tells us that, at 2.29 pm on 20 June 2007, Cruxdreams were shooting an outdoor session with two models. Koshka is out of focus, on the cross in the distance, and Alice is seen from behind, unaware of the camera. Thus the identities of both models are effectively concealed. It would be some little time before the world would see Femjoy's latest discovery as she had never been seen before.

All the pictures of Alice in Makar's DevianArt gallery are monochrome versions, either in black and white, or sepia, of which he was very fond. Another behind-the-scenes view from the 'Crux Forest' is provided by the black and white, 'Making Movies 2' (#3) in which ImageMaker's video camera is visible in the right background. This was published by Makar three years later, on 25 May 2010, although the camera data reveals that it was taken at 12.51 pm on 20 June 2007.

This is a hurriedly recorded moment, in which the two girls walk through the forest, each carrying a patibulum, roughly hewn from a tree branch. There is no time for a carefully composed picture. The angle is slightly out of vertical alignment, and Alice is cut off at the knees. Rather less than half of Koshka's body (and none of her face) appears on the left side of the picture. Alice's face is a study in concentration, as she picks her way carefully through the undergrowth on shackled feet (which we cannot see.)

In Wragg's thread, 'Carrying the Cross', I lamented that I had never seen a colour version of this picture, and so I colourised it through 20 visible layers in Photoshop, to satisfy my curiosity (#4.) I am pleased to say that the results were well received, and I began to wonder how it would have looked if Makar had been able to compose his picture as a full length portrait.

Back in Photoshop, I straightened the image and extended the lower area to produce a square format. I filled in with a further 24 visible layers, plus digital over-painting, blending and colour-balancing. Koshka's half-body and the video camera were deleted, and Alice's legs have been extended down to her feet. The missing foreground was reconstructed using numerous sections of ground cover from authentic 'Crux Forest' pictures.

I needed a lower right leg with the appropriate knee bend, at the correct angle. Having found a suitable, albeit headless, donor, I am unable to identify whose features I have used for the bent leg. The left, straight leg had a couple of false starts before I found an image with suitable orientation. This new, left, lower leg, with its distinctively defined, inner calf muscle, is genuinely Alice from the knee down, courtesy of Femjoy.

At this point in the 'Crux Forest', Alice was actually wearing an iron collar, which is obscured by her hair in this view, and her ankles were shackled and joined by a chain. As I have omitted this detail, my picture is not an accurate record of the session, and is somewhat conjectural. But maybe next time, I will attempt the missing details.

Meanwhile, Makar's signature is preserved (MKR) in the upper right corner, and I have given my colourised manipulation the title, 'Making Movies in the Crux Forest' (#5) in recognition of the original source. And, of course, Makar also loved sepia (#6.)

View attachment 596600View attachment 596601View attachment 596602View attachment 596603View attachment 596604View attachment 596608
Truly great work Mr. Bob, when I first saw this photo, I thought it was original, only when I read the post I understand it was manip. Wonderful artwork and it's made with heart:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

Thanks very much for your appreciation, Morten.
There are a few small imperfections in the picture, but we'll run with it for now. :)

Bob, could you also run a photo of the scanning electron microscope you use to detect those imperfections? If it’s like mine we can compare notes. :D

Attachments

• 2DC3E778-208C-422E-83D8-13EC78F5FE7C.jpeg
    2DC3E778-208C-422E-83D8-13EC78F5FE7C.jpeg
    86 KB · Views: 214
Just the naked eye, Apostate - I realised I had not quite finished the treatment of the trees in the background. :doh::rolleyes:;):D

Bob sets the bar rather high, Apostate... at least he's told us what's worrying him so I don't spend the next six years trying to figure it out for myself... :doh:

Just the naked eye, Apostate - I realised I had not quite finished the treatment of the trees in the background. :doh::rolleyes:;):D
Good of you, Bob, to notice that we were all focused and concerned about the trees. I mean, poor Wragg was practically beside himself there (and he would much rather have been beside Alice, or indeed at least in some sort of proximity to her instead). :D

Back
Top Bottom