• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Alice Kiss - Crux Legend

Go to CruxDreams.com

madiosi

Depictor of Dreams
Staff member
'Making Movies in the Crux Forest - Shackled'

I was not entirely satisfied with my first colour manipulation of Makar's black and white picture, 'Making Movies - 2' (#1.)
And so I developed a further 'shackled' version of my recreation, which reflects Alice's awkward perambulation more accurately (#3, #4.)

This time, it is all genuinely Alice, both lower legs being sourced from her outdoor modelling shoots for Femjoy (her left leg) and Amour Angels (her right leg.)

In the interests of further authenticity, the shackles and chain have now been added to her ankles.
These have been adapted from a Makar photograph from the Crux Forest session, and they are the ones she actually wore in this scene.

Various subtle refinements and colour adjustments have also been included, and I like to think the overall effect is now more convincing.
A comparison with my previous version (#2) reveals the modifications to the picture. :)

View attachment 601730 View attachment 601731 View attachment 601737 View attachment 601738
Sorcerer!

Jollyrei

Angelus Mortis
This time, it is all genuinely Alice, both lower legs being sourced from her outdoor modelling shoots for Femjoy (her left leg) and Amour Angels (her right leg.)

In the interests of further authenticity, the shackles and chain have now been added to her ankles.
These have been adapted from a Makar photograph from the Crux Forest session, and they are the ones she actually wore in this scene.
Our Bob shows himself to be a bit of a purist in sourcing his artistic components. ;) We end up with a manip that has a solid proveniance, secondary only to the beauty of the finished work. Nice work, Bob. :)

I must be getting my eye in, Bob, because I can actually see what you mean.

Mind you, other than the shackles, I might have struggled six months ago!
Our Bob shows himself to be a bit of a purist in sourcing his artistic components. ;) We end up with a manip that has a solid proveniance, secondary only to the beauty of the finished work. Nice work, Bob. :)
Many thanks to my fellow Alice manipulators, and all of the viewers, for appreciating the quest for perfection! :)

The source images for the lower legs are Amour Angels' 'Adorable' (on the left side, providing Alice's right leg) and Femjoy's 'Survivor' (on the right side, providing Alice's left leg.) -

Making Movies in the Crux Forest - Shackled - Sources.jpg

thehangingtree

Proconsul
Staff member
Many thanks to my fellow Alice manipulators, and all of the viewers, for appreciating the quest for perfection! :)

The source images for the lower legs are Amour Angels' 'Adorable' (on the left side, providing Alice's right leg) and Femjoy's 'Survivor' (on the right side, providing Alice's left leg.) -

View attachment 601832
I'll just stay with the center frame...

View attachment 601832
You really did a great job Bob :)

You certainly can't see the joins, and there are no convenient breaks to hide behind!
First match the scale of new components to the original image by trial and error.
Then match the colour balance and contrast.
Use a soft (15 pixel) feather blend for the join, followed by cunning applications of dodge and burn.
Sometimes you get lucky! :D

Wragg

Chronicler of Crux
Staff member
First match the scale of new components to the original image by trial and error.
Use a soft (15 pixel) feather blend for the join, followed by cunning applications of dodge and burn.
Oh, right. Lucky. I see.

I think there might have been just a tiddly bit of skill involved, Bob! ;)

Oh, right. Lucky. I see.

I think there might have been just a tiddly bit of skill involved, Bob! ;)
I tend to insert new backgrounds and hide breaks behind, crosses, Romans, or anything else I can layer over it. I think I used a Moose once. That may not have been a crux manip. ;) :D