Alice Kiss - Crux Legend

Go to CruxDreams.com
Sketches by Scorpio

Jimsac's interactive story thread, 'Sketches by Scorpio', showcases his artwork, which is presented as a series of pencil sketches, depicting the ever-declining misfortunes of Gabriella Sivilla - http://www.cruxforums.com/xf/threads/sketches-by-scorpio.7151/

This illustrated story is currently being developed with written contributions by CF members, notably Gabriella Sivilla, in the starring role, who spends much of her decreasing time hanging on the cross. The illustrations by Jimsac (aka Scorpio, and Scorpianus on DeviantArt - https://www.deviantart.com/scorpianus/ ) are produced partly in response to members' contributions, and serve as a catalyst to the inspiration for succeeding contributions.

As an illustrated story, it is remarkable not only for the creative imagination of the various writers, but for being illustrated using traditional, hand-crafted drawings in pencil on paper, which provide a consistent style throughout the sequence of the action being depicted. It became evident early in the story, that Jimsac was inspired by photographic sources, which have enabled him to produce some very convincing crux scenes. Some of his drawings seem to suggest the influence of Makar's pictures from the 'Crux Forest' session. For example, these two, from late April and early May 2019, might possibly be inspired by Alice? -

makar-cf-sivillacrocefissa04_scorpio.jpg makar-cf-sivillacrocefissa05_scorpio.jpg

Ultimately, direct identifications with Alice are only conclusive in Jimsac's most recent work. Nevertheless, over the last six months, the Makar sources have frequently been recognisable in the finished drawings, and it seemed to be only a matter of time before Alice appeared as a recognisable element in the artwork. This has certainly occurred in the case of four drawings to date. Three of them are so closely related to the sources that direct comparisons can be made. The fourth is a slightly modified pose -

makar-cf-sivillacrocefissa06_scorpio.jpg makar-cf-sivillacrocefissa07_scorpio.jpg makar-cf-sivillacrocefissa011_scorpio.jpg makar-cf-sivillacrocefissa012_scorpio.jpg

Jimsac's style of draughtsmanship displays not only a high degree of technical competence, but more importantly, a high level of expressive drama. It imparts a sense of desperation to the main character, which is entirely effective for scenes illustrating the story of a particularly violent crucifixion, in which the condemned is subjected to ever-increasing levels of abuse. Nails and a crown of thorns have been applied to the figure, and additionally she displays some vicious wounds, rendered in dark, slashing pencil strokes. The consistency between the images is commendable, even if the foot nails have inadvertently disappeared from the second example shown above.

The pictures include captions in Latin and foreground motifs, usually a threatening spear or clawed trident, to indicate the next impending torment. The last two scenes (above) incorporate a sponge soaked in a mixture so foul that it almost defies description. The third example here is noteworthy for presenting the viewer with a 'first' in the inclusion of a male sexual organ in a picture of Alice. The explicit obscenity of this scene effectively bars it from DeviantArt, although it illustrates a significant development in the story.

The only previous drawing based on Alice, was Steve Cordero's coloured image of 'Didi on The Cross', which has been reviewed earlier in this thread - http://www.cruxforums.com/xf/threads/alice-kiss-crux-legend.6168/post-321653
'Didi' is also a story illustration, in which Alice represents a leading character rather than herself -

21sc3 Steve Cordero Didi on The Cross.jpg
21sc4 Alice-Didi.jpg

Significantly, Steve Cordero's drawing was created largely by a computer graphic process, using a Wacom tablet, although the stylus was manipulated by hand. Consequently, Jimsac is to be congratulated on producing the first published drawings of Alice which I have seen, produced purely as traditional art, using pencil and paper. Nice work, Scorpio! :D

jimsac

Governor
Sketches by Scorpio

Jimsac's interactive story thread, 'Sketches by Scorpio', showcases his artwork, which is presented as a series of pencil sketches, depicting the ever-declining misfortunes of Gabriella Sivilla - http://www.cruxforums.com/xf/threads/sketches-by-scorpio.7151/

This illustrated story is currently being developed with written contributions by CF members, notably Gabriella Sivilla, in the starring role, who spends much of her decreasing time hanging on the cross. The illustrations by Jimsac (aka Scorpio, and Scorpianus on DeviantArt - https://www.deviantart.com/scorpianus/ ) are produced partly in response to members' contributions, and serve as a catalyst to the inspiration for succeeding contributions.

As an illustrated story, it is remarkable not only for the creative imagination of the various writers, but for being illustrated using traditional, hand-crafted drawings in pencil on paper, which provide a consistent style throughout the sequence of the action being depicted. It became evident early in the story, that Jimsac was inspired by photographic sources, which have enabled him to produce some very convincing crux scenes. Some of his drawings seem to suggest the influence of Makar's pictures from the 'Crux Forest' session. For example, these two, from late April and early May 2019, might possibly be inspired by Alice? -

Ultimately, direct identifications with Alice are only conclusive in Jimsac's most recent work. Nevertheless, over the last six months, the Makar sources have frequently been recognisable in the finished drawings, and it seemed to be only a matter of time before Alice appeared as a recognisable element in the artwork. This has certainly occurred in the case of four drawings to date. Three of them are so closely related to the sources that direct comparisons can be made. The fourth is a slightly modified pose -

Jimsac's style of draughtsmanship displays not only a high degree of technical competence, but more importantly, a high level of expressive drama. It imparts a sense of desperation to the main character, which is entirely effective for scenes illustrating the story of a particularly violent crucifixion, in which the condemned is subjected to ever-increasing levels of abuse. Nails and a crown of thorns have been applied to the figure, and additionally she displays some vicious wounds, rendered in dark, slashing pencil strokes. The consistency between the images is commendable, even if the foot nails have inadvertently disappeared from the second example shown above.

The pictures include captions in Latin and foreground motifs, usually a threatening spear or clawed trident, to indicate the next impending torment. The last two scenes (above) incorporate a sponge soaked in a mixture so foul that it almost defies description. The third example here is noteworthy for presenting the viewer with a 'first' in the inclusion of a male sexual organ in a picture of Alice. The explicit obscenity of this scene effectively bars it from DeviantArt, although it illustrates a significant development in the story.

The only previous drawing based on Alice, was Steve Cordero's coloured image of 'Didi on The Cross', which has been reviewed earlier in this thread - http://www.cruxforums.com/xf/threads/alice-kiss-crux-legend.6168/post-321653
'Didi' is also a story illustration, in which Alice represents a leading character rather than herself -

Significantly, Steve Cordero's drawing was created largely by a computer graphic process, using a Wacom tablet, although the stylus was manipulated by hand. Consequently, Jimsac is to be congratulated on producing the first published drawings of Alice which I have seen, produced purely as traditional art, using pencil and paper. Nice work, Scorpio! :D
Okay. Now I need to review your review.....but I have to say that your elegant analysis of my work made my day. Watch this space.....

The third example here is noteworthy for presenting the viewer with a 'first' in the inclusion of a male sexual organ in a picture of Alice.
Okay. Now I need to review your review.....but I have to say that your elegant analysis of my work made my day. Watch this space.....
Thanks for your kind response, Jimsac. Sorry, but I fear I have already found an error in my review! :eek:

I believe the first inclusion of a male sexual organ in a picture of Alice was in fact by Wragg, just over a year ago, in 'Alice Barabbas' -
http://www.cruxforums.com/xf/threads/alice-barabbas.6763/post-379879

Here is just one example of several 'Alice Barabbas' scenes which qualify :D

Wragg

Chronicler of Crux
Staff member
Thanks for your kind response, Jimsac. Sorry, but I fear I have already found an error in my review! :eek:

I believe the first inclusion of a male sexual organ in a picture of Alice was in fact by Wragg, just over a year ago, in 'Alice Barabbas' -
http://www.cruxforums.com/xf/threads/alice-barabbas.6763/post-379879

Here is just one example of several 'Alice Barabbas' scenes which qualify :D

You could have got away with that, Bob... Jimsac was demonstrating slightly more 'interest' from the chaps than I was! :D

You could have got away with that, Bob... Jimsac was demonstrating slightly more 'interest' from the chaps than I was! :D
Yes, indeed, quite plausibly, although I am having second thoughts about this whole issue now. :confused:

In your previous story, 'For the Love of Alicia', Madi was actually the first to show a male sexual organ, in action, in a picture of Alice - seventeen months ago, on 13 January 2018... :rolleyes: - http://www.cruxforums.com/xf/threads/for-the-love-of-alicia.6535/post-359097

ftloa Madiosi-2018-046-Alicia2.jpg

Wragg

Chronicler of Crux
Staff member

jimsac

Governor
@bobinder hit on some important points in his review of @GabriellaSivilla ’s ongoing torture in the Sketches by Scorpio thread.
He’s right in saying that Alice Kiss has been a major inspiration for my crucified Queen sketches. This model was a boon to anyone who’s interested in the anatomy of the stretched and contorted body. In addition, her facial expressions if agony are pure bliss.
Having said that, I have to say that Ramon’s Roman movie and Red Feline’s Amy Hesketh have also been a major source of inspiration to me. As has been my fetish for Jesus of Nazareth by Zeffirelli
This thread could not have gone long as it has without the fertile and candid imagination of @GabriellaSivilla . I have honestly lost track of how many sketches I’ve done since December.
And the feedback (ideas, encouragement) have helped too. Thank you everyone!

@bobinder hit on some important points in his review of @GabriellaSivilla ’s ongoing torture in the Sketches by Scorpio thread.
He’s right in saying that Alice Kiss has been a major inspiration for my crucified Queen sketches. This model was a boon to anyone who’s interested in the anatomy of the stretched and contorted body. In addition, her facial expressions if agony are pure bliss.
Thanks, Jim.
And to illustrate your point, let's compare your latest sketch in that series with the 'Crux Forest' source which inspired it.
'... the anatomy of the stretched and contorted body. In addition, her facial expressions of agony are pure bliss.'
Yes, it's another fine interpretation! :)
makar-cf-sivillacrocefissa013_scorpio.jpg

Thanks, Jim.
And to illustrate your point, let's compare your latest sketch in that series with the 'Crux Forest' source which inspired it.
'... the anatomy of the stretched and contorted body. In addition, her facial expressions of agony are pure bliss.'
Yes, it's another fine interpretation! :)
Is there an Alice Kiss photo if which you are NOT aware, bobinder? LOL

Is there an Alice Kiss photo if which you are NOT aware, bobinder? LOL
If there is, it's one that none of the rest of us have seen either, so the point is somewhat academic. :D
Well, I think Cypher and Jolly have just answered your question, Jim...

there is :) my old manip posted to theDarkdpot long ago. Only a few people saw this, probably..

another one. not so funny manip. i'm a "dentistphobia"
Thank you for your contributions, Cypher - and you are correct - I have not seen either of these before.
They are very powerful, convincingly blended images, using sources by Rylsky and Alexander Lobanov, respectively.
More reviews pending... :D

Top Bottom