Alice Kiss - Crux Legend

Go to CruxDreams.com
GoatJr - End of Day (Part 4)

GoatJr's latest Alice manip is entitled, 'Fire and Water', and indeed these elements dominate the scene. The background shows an ancient, fortified village on a hilltop, surrounded by snow-clad mountains. Alice hangs crucified in the middle distance, in an empty field outside the village. The blazing fire at the base of her tall cross puts the picture in the slightly unusual genre of BATS/Crux manips, and carries all the attendant problems of a bright, low elevation light source. The composition exploits a continuum of diagonal themes and jagged edges - in the mountains, in the rooftops, in the V-shape of Alice's raised arms, and in the smoke and steam - all contributing to the sense of visual tension.

My original comment on the picture reads, 'She prayed for the rain and the heavens opened...' GoatJr's semi-transparent rain layer succeeds in producing a cold and wet atmosphere, and these are precisely the conditions needed to suppress the heat of the fire, which still burns extensively with brilliant white flames at the base. But rather than smoke drifting in the wind, I think we are seeing clouds of steam condensing as the rain assaults the flames. The sense of desperate tension here is brilliant. The conflict between fire and water is reflected in Alice's pose, straining with her head thrown back to inhale fresh air, and perhaps a mouthful of rainwater. The cooling effect is demonstrated by a cloud of her breath, condensing beyond her left arm. The heat has already seared her lower legs and knees to redness.

We are looking down, from the rising ground to witness this spectacular event unfolding. The only other participants are the four executioners, mounted on horses on the left, one of them still holding the flaming torch, which provides a visual highlight to balance the flames below. They are uncertain if their task is done, and their presence contributes to the tension - will the fire prevail, or will the rain? If they leave, will the villagers reappear and rescue Alice? We have no way of knowing how the human element will respond.

The picture succeeds in presenting contrasts and tension. The scene is as dark as the atmosphere it evokes, and against this, the flames burn with a brilliant intensity. If the figure of Alice could be uplit by the flames, it would be sensational and utterly convincing. But such treatment presents significant challenges in reversing the original lighting of the figure. And Alice is a small component in the scene - a fact which emphasises her isolation. If the fire is extinguished, she may suffer a much more prolonged agony on the cross before death intervenes.

And so, GoatJr has again produced a picture, charged with atmosphere, in which he has paid close attention to small details. There are no explanations for the detached observer, but it remains provocative - inviting us to experience the tension and demanding a response. I think 'Fire and Water' will be a hard act to follow, but I look forward to seeing whatever GoatJr chooses to show us in the future. :)
I like the use of the Lord of the Rings rip in the first pic!

I like the use of the Lord of the Rings rip in the first pic!
Thanks for making the connection, Gibbs.
I am not very familiar with 'Lord of the Rings' on the big screen - is this a scene from one of the movies?

Thanks for making the connection, Gibbs.
I am not very familiar with 'Lord of the Rings' on the big screen - is this a scene from one of the movies?
Yes, from the movie "The Two Towers"
DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME WATCHING IT!!!!
Sorry Tree, I have to disagree, but you are fully entitled to your opinion.

Sketches by Scorpio

Jimsac's interactive story thread, 'Sketches by Scorpio', showcases his artwork, which is presented as a series of pencil sketches, depicting the ever-declining misfortunes of Gabriella Sivilla - http://www.cruxforums.com/xf/threads/sketches-by-scorpio.7151/

This illustrated story is currently being developed with written contributions by CF members, notably Gabriella Sivilla, in the starring role, who spends much of her decreasing time hanging on the cross. The illustrations by Jimsac (aka Scorpio, and Scorpianus on DeviantArt - https://www.deviantart.com/scorpianus/ ) are produced partly in response to members' contributions, and serve as a catalyst to the inspiration for succeeding contributions.

As an illustrated story, it is remarkable not only for the creative imagination of the various writers, but for being illustrated using traditional, hand-crafted drawings in pencil on paper, which provide a consistent style throughout the sequence of the action being depicted. It became evident early in the story, that Jimsac was inspired by photographic sources, which have enabled him to produce some very convincing crux scenes. Some of his drawings seem to suggest the influence of Makar's pictures from the 'Crux Forest' session. For example, these two, from late April and early May 2019, might possibly be inspired by Alice? -

makar-cf-sivillacrocefissa04_scorpio.jpgmakar-cf-sivillacrocefissa05_scorpio.jpg

Ultimately, direct identifications with Alice are only conclusive in Jimsac's most recent work. Nevertheless, over the last six months, the Makar sources have frequently been recognisable in the finished drawings, and it seemed to be only a matter of time before Alice appeared as a recognisable element in the artwork. This has certainly occurred in the case of four drawings to date. Three of them are so closely related to the sources that direct comparisons can be made. The fourth is a slightly modified pose -

makar-cf-sivillacrocefissa06_scorpio.jpgmakar-cf-sivillacrocefissa07_scorpio.jpgmakar-cf-sivillacrocefissa011_scorpio.jpgmakar-cf-sivillacrocefissa012_scorpio.jpg

Jimsac's style of draughtsmanship displays not only a high degree of technical competence, but more importantly, a high level of expressive drama. It imparts a sense of desperation to the main character, which is entirely effective for scenes illustrating the story of a particularly violent crucifixion, in which the condemned is subjected to ever-increasing levels of abuse. Nails and a crown of thorns have been applied to the figure, and additionally she displays some vicious wounds, rendered in dark, slashing pencil strokes. The consistency between the images is commendable, even if the foot nails have inadvertently disappeared from the second example shown above.

The pictures include captions in Latin and foreground motifs, usually a threatening spear or clawed trident, to indicate the next impending torment. The last two scenes (above) incorporate a sponge soaked in a mixture so foul that it almost defies description. The third example here is noteworthy for presenting the viewer with a 'first' in the inclusion of a male sexual organ in a picture of Alice. The explicit obscenity of this scene effectively bars it from DeviantArt, although it illustrates a significant development in the story.

The only previous drawing based on Alice, was Steve Cordero's coloured image of 'Didi on The Cross', which has been reviewed earlier in this thread - http://www.cruxforums.com/xf/threads/alice-kiss-crux-legend.6168/post-321653
'Didi' is also a story illustration, in which Alice represents a leading character rather than herself -

21sc3 Steve Cordero Didi on The Cross.jpg
21sc4 Alice-Didi.jpg

Significantly, Steve Cordero's drawing was created largely by a computer graphic process, using a Wacom tablet, although the stylus was manipulated by hand. Consequently, Jimsac is to be congratulated on producing the first published drawings of Alice which I have seen, produced purely as traditional art, using pencil and paper. Nice work, Scorpio! :D

Sketches by Scorpio

Jimsac's interactive story thread, 'Sketches by Scorpio', showcases his artwork, which is presented as a series of pencil sketches, depicting the ever-declining misfortunes of Gabriella Sivilla - http://www.cruxforums.com/xf/threads/sketches-by-scorpio.7151/

This illustrated story is currently being developed with written contributions by CF members, notably Gabriella Sivilla, in the starring role, who spends much of her decreasing time hanging on the cross. The illustrations by Jimsac (aka Scorpio, and Scorpianus on DeviantArt - https://www.deviantart.com/scorpianus/ ) are produced partly in response to members' contributions, and serve as a catalyst to the inspiration for succeeding contributions.

As an illustrated story, it is remarkable not only for the creative imagination of the various writers, but for being illustrated using traditional, hand-crafted drawings in pencil on paper, which provide a consistent style throughout the sequence of the action being depicted. It became evident early in the story, that Jimsac was inspired by photographic sources, which have enabled him to produce some very convincing crux scenes. Some of his drawings seem to suggest the influence of Makar's pictures from the 'Crux Forest' session. For example, these two, from late April and early May 2019, might possibly be inspired by Alice? -

Ultimately, direct identifications with Alice are only conclusive in Jimsac's most recent work. Nevertheless, over the last six months, the Makar sources have frequently been recognisable in the finished drawings, and it seemed to be only a matter of time before Alice appeared as a recognisable element in the artwork. This has certainly occurred in the case of four drawings to date. Three of them are so closely related to the sources that direct comparisons can be made. The fourth is a slightly modified pose -

Jimsac's style of draughtsmanship displays not only a high degree of technical competence, but more importantly, a high level of expressive drama. It imparts a sense of desperation to the main character, which is entirely effective for scenes illustrating the story of a particularly violent crucifixion, in which the condemned is subjected to ever-increasing levels of abuse. Nails and a crown of thorns have been applied to the figure, and additionally she displays some vicious wounds, rendered in dark, slashing pencil strokes. The consistency between the images is commendable, even if the foot nails have inadvertently disappeared from the second example shown above.

The pictures include captions in Latin and foreground motifs, usually a threatening spear or clawed trident, to indicate the next impending torment. The last two scenes (above) incorporate a sponge soaked in a mixture so foul that it almost defies description. The third example here is noteworthy for presenting the viewer with a 'first' in the inclusion of a male sexual organ in a picture of Alice. The explicit obscenity of this scene effectively bars it from DeviantArt, although it illustrates a significant development in the story.

The only previous drawing based on Alice, was Steve Cordero's coloured image of 'Didi on The Cross', which has been reviewed earlier in this thread - http://www.cruxforums.com/xf/threads/alice-kiss-crux-legend.6168/post-321653
'Didi' is also a story illustration, in which Alice represents a leading character rather than herself -

Significantly, Steve Cordero's drawing was created largely by a computer graphic process, using a Wacom tablet, although the stylus was manipulated by hand. Consequently, Jimsac is to be congratulated on producing the first published drawings of Alice which I have seen, produced purely as traditional art, using pencil and paper. Nice work, Scorpio! :D
Okay. Now I need to review your review.....but I have to say that your elegant analysis of my work made my day. Watch this space.....

The third example here is noteworthy for presenting the viewer with a 'first' in the inclusion of a male sexual organ in a picture of Alice.
Okay. Now I need to review your review.....but I have to say that your elegant analysis of my work made my day. Watch this space.....
Thanks for your kind response, Jimsac. Sorry, but I fear I have already found an error in my review! :eek:

I believe the first inclusion of a male sexual organ in a picture of Alice was in fact by Wragg, just over a year ago, in 'Alice Barabbas' -
http://www.cruxforums.com/xf/threads/alice-barabbas.6763/post-379879

Here is just one example of several 'Alice Barabbas' scenes which qualify :D

Thanks for your kind response, Jimsac. Sorry, but I fear I have already found an error in my review! :eek:

I believe the first inclusion of a male sexual organ in a picture of Alice was in fact by Wragg, just over a year ago, in 'Alice Barabbas' -
http://www.cruxforums.com/xf/threads/alice-barabbas.6763/post-379879

Here is just one example of several 'Alice Barabbas' scenes which qualify :D

You could have got away with that, Bob... Jimsac was demonstrating slightly more 'interest' from the chaps than I was! :D

You could have got away with that, Bob... Jimsac was demonstrating slightly more 'interest' from the chaps than I was! :D
Yes, indeed, quite plausibly, although I am having second thoughts about this whole issue now. :confused:

In your previous story, 'For the Love of Alicia', Madi was actually the first to show a male sexual organ, in action, in a picture of Alice - seventeen months ago, on 13 January 2018... :rolleyes: - http://www.cruxforums.com/xf/threads/for-the-love-of-alicia.6535/post-359097

ftloa Madiosi-2018-046-Alicia2.jpg

@bobinder hit on some important points in his review of @GabriellaSivilla ’s ongoing torture in the Sketches by Scorpio thread.
He’s right in saying that Alice Kiss has been a major inspiration for my crucified Queen sketches. This model was a boon to anyone who’s interested in the anatomy of the stretched and contorted body. In addition, her facial expressions if agony are pure bliss.
Having said that, I have to say that Ramon’s Roman movie and Red Feline’s Amy Hesketh have also been a major source of inspiration to me. As has been my fetish for Jesus of Nazareth by Zeffirelli
This thread could not have gone long as it has without the fertile and candid imagination of @GabriellaSivilla . I have honestly lost track of how many sketches I’ve done since December.
And the feedback (ideas, encouragement) have helped too. Thank you everyone!

@bobinder hit on some important points in his review of @GabriellaSivilla ’s ongoing torture in the Sketches by Scorpio thread.
He’s right in saying that Alice Kiss has been a major inspiration for my crucified Queen sketches. This model was a boon to anyone who’s interested in the anatomy of the stretched and contorted body. In addition, her facial expressions if agony are pure bliss.
Thanks, Jim.
And to illustrate your point, let's compare your latest sketch in that series with the 'Crux Forest' source which inspired it.
'... the anatomy of the stretched and contorted body. In addition, her facial expressions of agony are pure bliss.'
Yes, it's another fine interpretation! :)
makar-cf-sivillacrocefissa013_scorpio.jpg

Thanks, Jim.
And to illustrate your point, let's compare your latest sketch in that series with the 'Crux Forest' source which inspired it.
'... the anatomy of the stretched and contorted body. In addition, her facial expressions of agony are pure bliss.'
Yes, it's another fine interpretation! :)
Is there an Alice Kiss photo if which you are NOT aware, bobinder? LOL

Is there an Alice Kiss photo if which you are NOT aware, bobinder? LOL
If there is, it's one that none of the rest of us have seen either, so the point is somewhat academic. :D
Well, I think Cypher and Jolly have just answered your question, Jim...

there is :) my old manip posted to theDarkdpot long ago. Only a few people saw this, probably..

another one. not so funny manip. i'm a "dentistphobia"
Thank you for your contributions, Cypher - and you are correct - I have not seen either of these before.
They are very powerful, convincingly blended images, using sources by Rylsky and Alexander Lobanov, respectively.
More reviews pending... :D

Alice and Koshka in the Crux Forest

20 June 2007 - Twelfth Anniversary
Contemplation of Crucifixion 2.jpg
contemplation_of_crucifixion_2_by_bobnearled_dd9s99a-fullview.jpg
The twelfth anniversary of the filming of 'Alice and Koshka in the Crux Forest' provides us with an appropriate opportunity for contemplation. The timeless pictures, taken a dozen years ago, continue to yield sources for fresh crux manipulations by numerous artists, including most recently, Jollyrei, MahaShiva and GoatJr. Additionally, in the last few months, we have also seen 3D figures, inspired by Alice, from L'bogo and jucundus, as well as an impressive series of pencil sketches by jimsac. And recent manips by Damian, Melissa, Messaline, Cypher and others further endorse the popularity of Alice's glamour sessions as sources for both crux and non-crux themes.

The range of Alice-inspired artwork has expanded to the point at which it is no longer unusual to see her fully clothed. She appeared in First Century, Judean garb in 'Alice Barabbas' by Wragg, and several scenes from 'Barbarossanova' and elsewhere show her in contemporary dress. Ironically, the only authentic, published image of Alice fully clothed, of which I am aware, is by the very photographer who recorded her nude crux performance. Makar's 'behind the scenes' views from the 'Crux Forest' show Alice in a rear view, as she observes Koshka performing a stint on the cross. These are entitled, 'Contemplation' and 'Contemplation of Crucifixion', respectively -

14-29 Contemplation IMG_7681_C 30 Dec 2009 200pc.jpgmmz contemplation_of_crucifixion_by_makar013 200pc.jpg

I have previously commented that these pictures also present a rare view of Alice's dorsal tattoo, which was frequently deleted from her modelling pictures. Rarely do we see a candid picture of Alice, relaxing unselfconsciously, between sessions, smoking a cigarette, apparently unaware of the camera. But of course, she was aware of the fact that Makar was taking pictures, behind her, whilst Koshka was performing as the crux girl in the distance. The two pictures are seconds apart - Koshka has moved, but Alice remains transfixed.

In many ways, this is a defining moment in the middle of the session, since these are the images which indicate a willing participation on the part of the actresses. This moment is timed at 2.29 pm on Wednesday 20 June 2007. The 'Crux Forest' session was filmed over a period of three hours, starting at about 12.40 pm, to produce just over an hour and a half of video, as well as the accompanying photo series. Alice was on the cross at 2.22 pm, and then she took the break recorded in the 'Contemplation' pictures. She was back on the cross by 2.37 pm, and allowing for the time taken for dismounting and remounting, her break was probably no more than twelve minutes long.

We can see that her clothing is conducive to a quick change - just a pair of over-long jeans with large turn-ups, a T-shirt and a pair of flip-flops on her feet. She probably wore nothing underneath, but these few items were sufficient in case of an emergency, such as the approach of woodland hikers or dog-walkers. Koshka would also have had quick-change clothing, and the cross ropes were obviously arranged to facilitate pulling the hands and feet out quickly, if the need arose to jump down in a hurry. Only Imagemaker can say whether or not this actually occurred!

Having revised my opinion of Alice's awareness of Makar taking her picture, I decided to develop the theme for this year's anniversary manipulation, to show her turning to face the camera. This makes for an unusual Alice manip. Now she is quite recognisable, in a crux manip, but fully clothed and not crucified. All the components were sourced from Makar's 'Crux Forest' pictures, which allowed me to expand the vista to widescreen aspect. Changing the angle of alignment of Alice's upper body produces the necessary turning movement in her shoulders, so that the inserted head blends into a natural position. The join is largely disguised by her hair. Colourising the original black and white photograph was achieved by selective colour adjustments using multiple layers in Photoshop. The finished picture contains fifty-six visible layers and is entitled, 'Contemplation of Crucifixion 2'.

Contemplation of Crucifixion 1 GS.jpgContemplation of Crucifixion 2 GS.jpgContemplation of Crucifixion 2.jpgContemplation-Makar-Bobinder-cf1.jpg

The portrait of Alice is sourced from the photograph taken by Makar, just after the end of the session, at 3.47 pm. It looks almost like an afterthought, and it has a natural, snapshot quality. We can imagine him calling to her, so that she looks up, tired after an unusual afternoon's work of physical exertion. There are dark rings below her eyes. Apart from the green tint, which affects all Cruxdreams photos taken in the forest (and is a nightmare for manipulators) the only hint of colour is the pink lipstick, which she wore throughout the session.

This portrait is used as Alice's identifying thumbnail in the Models List on the Cruxdreams website. My Photoshop enlargement has smoothed out the pixellation and provided warmer colouring, reducing the darkness below the eyes and the contrast of the lipstick. Alice is no longer acting or posing here, and her enigmatic expression seems to suit my version of the 'Contemplation' picture. I think she looks pleased with her performance, relieved that the session is over, and she doesn't really want any more pictures taken. She has worked hard, and she was wonderful, but she would never do anything like this again.

cruxdreamsmodels-contemplation-cf-eng1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom