Along The Via Nomentana

Go to CruxDreams.com
Fake news.
Some areas like the Keys and Miami Beach have had a complete mandatory evacuation order, but, so far in Hillsborough County they've only ordered evacuation of Zone A (red on the map). My house is on the border of the B and C zones (orange and yellow). My brother, however, lives in a trailer about 10 miles further inland and a couple of hundred yards from the Hillsborough River. He's coming down here with his three cats tomorrow. Think you'd have room for me, my brother, our mom and five or six cats (his three, our two and maybe the feral one that comes inside sometimes. There are other ferals, but I don't think we can get them in)?:)
View attachment 527289
I press my thumbs for the people on the islands and in the states on Irma's way.

Very nice. I think that captures the spirit of the story.

Thank you all. I am truly blown away by all these compliments.
And, at this particular moment, I am preparing to get blown away by Hurricane Irma. I hope I will still be able to get here next week.
View attachment 527283

For God's sake keep safe, Naraku! :eek:

We need you! :eek:

I stopped believing in any of it when I was 15 and still a virgin.
So, I'm probably going to Hell...where I'll be in good company.:devil:

"I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints
The sinners are much more fun...
You know that only the good die young."
Do you really not believe it? Something different shows in the story.
This was a labor of love! I thought the Roman crucifixion theme had become too worn to work with until I read this.
The essence of short story writing is quick character development. You have this in spades!
You have depicted a full community, each member contributing their own part to that community, each member giving it its flavor, from the old man, to the baker, to the two seamstresses to the wife of the unbeliever.
This community then interacts with those outside like Basilius' childhood friend.
All accentuate the tragedy of what is happening. In these words I see tragedy having a great erotic power, shown so well in Basilius' dream.
:clapping:
The ending is supurb! I did not know how you would end it, however the real ending exceeded any expectation I may have had subconsciously.
flower3
Many of us will stay tuned. We all know literature like this can't be cooked in a day. Well done Naraku!
:amen:

Last edited:
Naraku - Very nice work by you with this story! Great concept with the group crucifixions. You can just feel the sadness of the whole thing in your bones. Too bad the victims couldn't have enjoyed the experience as much as I did. I'm just sorry I lost count of the exact number of crucified females although I know there were at least nine of them. Watch out for hurricanes so you can maybe do a story about females on crosses in the middle of a natural disaster, okay?

Back
Top Bottom