Ammelie De Jonquieres: Induction

Go to CruxDreams.com
Great story concept of preparing the condemned physically, in order to lenghten the agony on the cross as much as possible. Another view on a today application of the sentence.:clapping:

Empathy? Yes I do! The way she is stuck in the procedures of the justice system. The way the outcome of the appeal procedure is predicted. I smell a rat.
Smell a rat? My dear count, not only has she had a meticulously fair trial but the law provides for two separate appeal processes to examine every aspect of that trial and the sentence precisely so that it will be plain for all to see that the final decision is fair and entirely governed by EU law, that there is no rat to be smelt. Or do you imply that somehow Jonquières should be let off when other, lesser mortals would not be? There must be one law for all, aristocrat or plebeian, plutocrat or pauper. And, as someone said, in the great EU justice must not only be done but must be seen to be believed.

Smell a rat? My dear count, not only has she had a meticulously fair trial but the law provides for two separate appeal processes to examine every aspect of that trial and the sentence precisely so that it will be plain for all to see that the final decision is fair and entirely governed by EU law, that there is no rat to be smelt. Or do you imply that somehow Jonquières should be let off when other, lesser mortals would not be? There must be one law for all, aristocrat or plebeian, plutocrat or pauper. And, as someone said, in the great EU justice must not only be done but must be seen to be believed.
I am implying that, when it is said in advance that the chances for a succesful appeal are small, there could be a hidden structural corruption, that courts, and people protect each other within the organisation. A succesful appeal could turn out into a blame for the Supreme court, and for its judges and their careers, things some would prefer to avoid.

And you are right, there should be no different laws for the rich and the poor. But in the first chapters, it was mentioned somewhere that Jonquières had got into trouble because she had 'lost support'.
She could be an easy scapegoat, a showcase, justice would like to show up, in order to demonstrate its alleged efficiency and hide its structural corruption.

Induction: Progress

Dear Congressman,

I have the honour to inform you that at a meeting of the CQ staff on Monday evening the following resolution was passed unanimously:

“Being aware of his tireless support for our work and his aim to incorporate effective punitive procedures into the penal system of his own great country, we as a quorate assembly of the Crux Qualified officers of the Main Punitive Facility for Women of the EU Ministry of Justice, Frankfort, elect Congressman Pescara an honorary CQ officer and direct that his name should be added in that capacity to the roll of CQ members and, as a mark of his CQ status, he be awarded a CQ rod as presented to each officer on graduation.”

I enclose the rod we have therefore had made for you. Rods vary slightly in length, being personalised for each officer. Yours measures 39.6 cm, a Biblical cubit from the tip of the finger to the crook of the elbow, a length we calculated from photographs taken during your visit.

The core is composed of a 3mm rod of high-tensile steel with a 1cm tungsten tip, enclosed in a 3mm plastic coating to give a diameter of 9mm.

Since tungsten has a density almost twice that of lead, the tip has considerable impact even when merely flicked against the skin with a quick wrist action. When a full-blooded stroke is given its weight, coupled with the flexibility of the rod, holds the tip back momentarily at the start of the stroke. High-speed photographs show that the rod bends almost into a semi-circle before the elasticity of the rod whips the tip forward at increasing velocity, achieving maximum speed at the moment of impact. It is thus a highly versatile instrument, able to be used continually for encouragement when necessary without causing long-term injury or desensitization, or to accurately deliver a sound thrashing, all with great economy of effort on the part of the officer using it.

The handle, 12 cm in length, is of plaited leather and the ball at the end of the grip is engraved with your initials, as with the rod presented to each CQ officer on graduation.

I believe you observed Corporal Graner using her rod to encourage Jonquières with light wrist-flick “stingers” during her first stint on the treadmill, so you will know how effective it is. It was also used more strongly by Lt Arbiter and Sgt Hallows to put an end to her nonsense on the first Governor’s Report and you will have seen the change in her behaviour that resulted. It is a pity you did not see her backside when she had her shower that evening; you would never look at a sunset in the same way again.

The Governor sends his respects and asks me to give you a brief account of Jonquières’ history to date. You have probably heard that the Court of Appeal rejected her plea for a mistrial. That was to be expected as the presiding judge was the Chief Justice herself who is a meticulous jurist, in association with two of the most experienced judges of the Supreme Court.

The Appeal Against Sentence will begin in ten days time. Jonquières’ defence will no doubt argue that the crime of murder does not of itself usually incur the extreme penalty, nor does money laundering or administrative corruption. However Chief Justice Banner’s detailed considerations in her “Reasons for Sentence” seem to me irrefutable. In particular, her discussion of the relationship between the scale of money laundering and the appropriate sentence will, I believe, be both a definitive precedent and an essential text for law students for many years to come. As you can find the text on line, I will not take up your time by quoting it here.

The hiding Jonquières got from Hallows and Arbiter had a most salutary effect, and Madame was much less mouthy the next morning. As you know, we allow prisoners a certain degree of leeway on the first day or two of their sentence, but I decided that we should take advantage of this temporary change in her attitude and put the pressure on. I therefore instructed the staff to tolerate no more of the kind of insolence you witnessed when she was being dressed for the Governor’s Report.

But old habits die hard, and even a harsh regime cannot entirely eradicate the old Adam. A few days later Madame unleashed a furious tirade against the block corporal, for which the Governor prescribed 18 strokes of the prison cane, which certainly got through to her and we saw a great improvement. But, if you will believe it, two weeks later she actually attempted to assault the warder on duty. I say attempted because we CQ officers are well trained, as Jonquières swiftly found out. For that she got three dozen, administered in two sessions with a four-day interval between. We have not had much lip from her since.

Instead, however, she had a fit of the sulks, as many prisoners at this stage do. While at work and exercise she was careful to do just enough to avoid serious punishment – she particularly hates the PADS – she did not try to stretch herself to the limit. The Prison Psychiatrist refers to this as depression, but we have another word for it.

At Corporal Graner’s request, we decided to use a stim suit while she was on the treadmill. This is a rudimentary bra and pants set equipped with electrodes and computer-controlled. If the computer senses that she is not making the maximum effort it will stimulate her, at first with mild warning shocks and then with increasing intensity. After a couple of sessions with this, Corporal Graner reported that her “depression” was thoroughly cured.

Jonquières told the Prison Psychiatrist that she had never seen a crucifixion. She was voluble in her disgust for what she called common scum, “vulgar voyeurs”, rabble, who watch executions on screen in bars or at private Crux parties.

You will probably have heard that Patterson got the nails ten days ago. I had Jonquières watch the first two hours, strapped in a chair at a window overlooking the yard. It was all the more unpleasant for her as she vomited when the nails went in, and had to sit like that for some time. I had her watch for an hour a day over the next four days.

I also put her on the disposal team and, once the cross had been lowered, assigned her to extract one of the wrist nails. This requires considerable effort, and the fulcrum we use to give leverage often cracks the bones. She also had to help carry the body to the disposal chute.

The effect on Jonquières has been dramatic. All this week she has hardly stopped shaking. At night she spends a lot of her time on her knees, although I gather she had never prayed before.

I hope we shall have the pleasure of seeing you soon. As an honorary CQ officer you are, of course, entitled to come as and when you wish and to visit and observe every aspect of our operations.

Respectfully yours,

Greta Kellinger, Chief Executions Officer.

TBC

andy, you have devised some unexpected scenarios for a judicial crucifixion, I salute your imagination.
Thank you. I must say I am enjoying the chance to observe FemMain and learn more about the procedures and other aspects of the penal system, matters which are not normally disclosed in such detail to the public. I confess I would much rather be an observer or officer than one sentenced to be punished there.

Induction: CQ Training Film No 23

“In an earlier training film for the CQ course, you saw how nails were ground into shape. Today you will watch a prisoner finishing a set of nails and making them ready for use.

“Here we have a nail that has been ground into shape. It is 16 cm from point to head, and as you can see it tapers smoothly from the point to a width of 1.2 cm where it meets the head. This is a common size, but the precise specification is decided by the Penal Medicine Department, chiefly on the basis of X-ray photography of the felon’s wrists and feet.

“It has a square cross-section and you will notice that the corners are very smooth and sharply defined. So as it is hammered in, each blow will put greater pressure on the bones but it will not snag at the nerves as it drives home. The finishing process is intended to correct that.

“This is a fully finished nail, the same as the one we’ve just looked at but after it has been treated. Notice the notches that have been hammered into each corner at 1-cm intervals. The metal has not yet been hardened and the impact has pushed up a ridge of metal to the side of the notch. In fact the cutting tool does not fall vertically but at an angle of 45° towards the head of the nail, forcing the metal up at an angle, with the crest pointing away from the nail head. The close-up shows the effect very clearly.

“On two of the corners, the notching begins 5 cm from the point and continues to 1 cm below the head. On the other two corners it begins at 4.5 cm and finishes at 0.5 cm below the head. So this nail is now finished and all it needs is the hardening process and it will be ready for use.

“Incidentally, we will be discussing the importance of aligning the nail correctly for maximum effect. Ideally the nail should be aligned so that when the criminal is “down”, hanging with her arms at full stretch, the corners rather than the flat face of the nail are pressing against the nerves. But we will leave that for a later session.

“The finishing process produces a much more effective grip on the nerves when the felon is being nailed than the artificial rusting process used until a few years ago, and readings from the CMDS system have consistently shown a major increase in punitive effect from their use. It has also made possible an additional stage in the felon’s induction. She can now be compelled to finish herself the nails that will be used to crucify her. You will be able to discuss the effects of this kind of, shall we say, “occupational therapy” at a seminar with a member of the Penal Psychology Department. But I think as you watch a felon finishing her nails, it will be obvious how much this process “drives it home” to her.

“Let us now have a look at the machine used in the finishing process. As you can see, the nail is held in this slot below the device, with one corner pointing vertically up towards it. Notice that it is still smooth and unridged. Normally the machine will not operate unless the guard is in place, but we have overridden the safety system so you can see how the device works. We will first let it run in slow motion, so you can observe what happens. As you see, the chisel is coming down at a 45° angle and we will stop it just above the nail. Notice that the chisel is quite blunt; we want the impact to deform the metal and force it up, not to cut into it. Notice also the weight of the sleeve that supports it.

“We will now replace the guard around the tray, and run the machine at full force.”

The screen shows the heavy bulk of the machine, with a mesh safety guard around the tray which is set a foot below the rammer. The lecturer, sitting at the table, takes hold of a large lever and pulls it towards her. With a loud slam the piston drives down and into the nail. The lecturer takes hold of another lever and with some difficulty works it back and forth; the piston rises millimetre by millimetre as she does so.

“As you can see, it takes some effort to pull the piston back up into place for the next cut. Of course we could have it raised electronically or even automatically, but this brings it home to the felon just what she is working on.

“Now let’s release the guard and have a look at the result. If the camera will just zoom in please, you can see the notch and the way the soft metal juts up where the chisel has deformed it. The next step is to adjust the position of the nail for the next stroke. If I pull the lever here, you see how the tray jerks forward exactly 1 cm. And if I pull the lever again … like so … nothing happens. The felon cannot jump the tray forwards more than the required amount, either accidentally or deliberately in the hope of making a smoother nail. Notice too that nothing happens if I pull the lever that releases the sleeve for another stroke. The guard has to be in place before the machine will work, so there is no way the felon can try to kill herself by putting an artery in danger so as to escape justice.

“So we replace the guard, pull the lever and BANG. Now let’s lever it up again … it gets to be a tedious exercise after two or three repetitions, and as you see it is a slow process. It takes about an hour to notch all four corners of a nail and the felon will only make one nail a day.”

The instructor removes the safety guard, takes the nail from the tray and holds it in close-up so its two notches stand out clearly. Casually she tosses it into a waste bin.

“In a little while you will be able to watch a felon finishing a nail. By way of background, she was sentenced ten weeks ago and, though you wouldn’t think it to look at her now, she was once quite a power in the business world. This film was taken three days ago when she was finishing her third nail. Her expression as she takes the nail and turns it after finishing the second corner is interesting. You will see she is crying and her face is shaking, but she just can’t resist placing the point against her wrist and looking, trying to envisage what will happen. As a matter of fact, I’ve never yet seen a Hurf who could resist that action. It seems to have a terrible fascination for them. That is one of the things you might like to discuss later with the Penal Psychologist.”

The screen dissolves and then brings up a close-up of Ammélie de Jonquières sitting at the machine, sobbing and shaking as she works the lever to bring the piston up for another stroke.

TBC

Ohhh, you....you.....you......sadist genius.

What next? Making her own cross? "Sand it down by hand. Remove the spinters. Then roughen it up with an adze."

Last edited:
That is fiendish. As if the use of nails was not bad enough as is, that hard sharp metal piercing her poor soft flesh, bone and sinew grating against unyielding iron. No, they are constructed in such a way as to impart the maximum agony and discomfort. Added to which is the mental and emotional anguish of working to craft them. To live with them, in her hands, in her dreams and thoughts, and nightmares.
Fiendish!

083 modbb enl sgtaertb.jpg The remorseless disciplinary regime of the CQ Officers has taken its toll; instant obedience day after day; constant twitching anticipation of the stick across thin cotton pants; the nightmare disassociation of time.
Even more powerful in reducing Jonquières to compliance, however, is the desperate hope that her Plea for Clemency may be granted and that the Committee will take note of her changed behaviour and attitude.
Soon the Clemency Committee will convene and make their decision.
I am wondering how Jonquières will react when taken to the Governor's office and informed of the verdict.
And would her behaviour change once that uncertainty was removed?
It is quite hard to predict.
What would you expect to happen? I would really be grateful for some discussion about this to help clarify the picture.

Last edited:
What would you expect to happen? I would really be grateful for some discussion about this to help clarify the picture.

If excruciatingly painful death is all she has to look forward to, I would expect non-cooperation, in the hope that punishment might weaken her to shorten the time on the cross. Also a hunger strike to weaken her.

So CQ must devise a punishment regime which will not sap her strength, and forced nutrition if necessary. But at this stage I can't see how that is compatible with forced exercise and strength-building.

So I would delay telling her the Clemency has failed till she is conditioned and fit to crux-standards, then get on with the final stage.

View attachment 512166 The remorseless disciplinary regime of the CQ Officers has taken its toll; instant obedience day after day; constant twitching anticipation of the stick across thin cotton pants; the nightmare disassociation of time.
Even more powerful in reducing Jonquières to compliance, however, is the desperate hope that her Plea for Clemency may be granted and that the Committee will take note of her changed behaviour and attitude.
I am wondering how Jonquières will react when taken to the Governor's office and informed of the verdict.

Clemency?
CLEMENCY??!!!

No, surely we have come too far for that. We want to see this proud woman mount her cross. We need to see it. She has to pay for her crimes, she has to atone for her selfish life. Her body is being made ready, as is her character, her attitude. She will be an ideal cruxee, a pleasure to watch. We must share her journey to the cross, all the way!

Last edited:
View attachment 512166 The remorseless disciplinary regime of the CQ Officers has taken its toll; instant obedience day after day; constant twitching anticipation of the stick across thin cotton pants; the nightmare disassociation of time.

Let's see. And what if a certain American congressman paid Jonquières a private visit? Maybe pretending that he is representing a non-exsiting Human Rights Committee interested in saving her life?
Of course, the Congressman wants something in exchange, and she is guaranteed that no cameras are active during the performance. The Congressman is not only a sadist, but a full spectrum pervert.

“Incidentally, we will be discussing the importance of aligning the nail correctly for maximum effect. Ideally the nail should be aligned so that when the criminal is “down”, hanging with her arms at full stretch, the corners rather than the flat face of the nail are pressing against the nerves. But we will leave that for a later session.

I remember when I wrote The Serpent's Eye I had the carnifex Balbus teaching his new slave about how to align the nails:

“Another trick is to turn the nails so that a flat side is up, so the victim doesn’t have a rough edge sawing into flesh and bone every time she moves. But you have to remember that the chisel point of these spikes has to go across the grain, or you might split the timbers. You have to get the nails in the right spots and you have to turn them right to do a good job."​

Balbus's thinking was different than yours regarding the orientation of the nails, and in that he didn't believe in extra punishment that the public couldn't see and appreciate. Here's what he said about it:

“It’s a public execution,” I said, almost shouting to make myself heard over all the screaming and hammering. “What matters is what the public sees and how long it lasts.” I gestured at the crowd, “These cocksuckers can’t see how much it hurts, and these crowbait on their crosses are already screaming as loud as they can, so how would they know if we made it worse? Anything we do to make the pain worse doesn’t show, it only makes these assholes die sooner.”​

So that's Balbus's opinion, and Balbus is actually me, so that's what I think too about the practice of crucifixion in ancient Rome.

But in your story, having the condemned make her own nails and have her form them with deformations on their edges, knowing what those are for, is particularly cruel psychological punishment. Does the public in general have any access to see any of this preparation for the crucifixion?

Of course, the Congressman wants something in exchange, and she is guaranteed that no cameras are active during the performance. The Congressman is not only a sadist, but a full spectrum pervert.
The Congressman wouldn't be the first conservative (or liberal for that matter) politician to be found to have interesting aspects to his character that rather conflict with his public persona :rolleyes:.

A lot to be said for making such training videos available
for the condemned themselves, their nearest and dearest,
their friends and any who might be tempted to follow their bad example -
just to let them know precisely, yes, precisely, what's coming for them.... :devil:

Back
Top Bottom