Angela And The Savages

Go to CruxDreams.com
We could finish in thinking that CruxForums is made for "midinettes" ... ( romantic girls dreaming about the charming Prince ...:D) ... :devil:
Listen, babe, you didn't get yourself down from that cross all by yourself. It took a whole team of crack RAF pilots plus some Americans.

Charming Prince? i should be so lucky
i would get Mr Tree

You could do worse, I suppose. Not sure how, but I guess it's possible.

XIX The end for Angela

Isata started to try to twist her body, back and forth, several times until her momentum had her facing Angela, then reaching forwards with her legs, got them wrapped round Angela’s backside, lifting in the process. This allowed Angela to take a deep breath, whisper “Thank you” and give Isata a kiss. In this helpless and dependant state, Angela felt a calm come over her for the first time since lighting that fire in his lordship’s bedroom.

“I’m……….I’m so helpless………..and I………….hurt………….so much…………yet………..this………..you……….holding me………….it’s so…………..so………….my fate………” gasped Angela, not knowing or caring whether Isata had the strength to listen and understand her ramblings.

With Isata taking most of their combined weight, they hung until the field hands had finished for the day. Now she was sideways on to them, several saw the scar on Isata’s cheek, and dropped to their knees, wailing in the strange tongues, despite the overseers yelling at them to speak English and raining down stinging whip-lashes. Master Orson got the overseers to clear the slaves from the gateway and get them fed. With the help of a ladder, he cut the two girls down. They slumped to the dirt exhausted.

Isata stared at him impassively from the ground, but he was even more impressed by her presence than before. She slowly rose to a sitting position, but Angela didn’t move and her breathing was very noisy. Master Orson gestured to Isata to help Angela get up. “You help her…..help!……..understand?”

“I understand perfectly, MASTER,” retorted Isata.

“Oh, I’m a…I’m sorry, I………..uh……..didn’t know you spoke our tongue,” Master Owen found himself saying.

__________________________________________________________________________________

Recovered somewhat with rest and food, Angela was feeding the chickens, watched by Lucy who thought even that job was being done wrongly. “You’ve to go away,” snapped Lucy, “I can’t have you round me, both you and Isata. I saw how she helped you at the gate, we can’t separate you now, there’s a bond there, you’re like one of her tribe. I won’t let Orson send her to a brothel, not a sowie. And the field slaves would rather die than disobey her, they’d never take orders from us again. I’ve told Master Orson to get rid of you both. It’ll be for the best. Throw that corn more thinly, give them all a chance!”

Angela had no concept of how she would cope if they were sent away. All her life, but especially since joining His Lordship’s staff, she had been told what to do. Although she loved Isata, what use would a slave be to her?

Orson walked up to the chicken house smiling, his right hand behind his back. “I wondered how the door was opened, when I saw it wasn’t damaged, yet the key was in my breeches the whole time. Are these yours?” holding the crafted chicken bones out to Angela. And since a good girl was taught never to lie, she admitted they were. Orson sat himself down in the sun, and got Lucy, Isata and Angela to sit down with him. Lucy looked with surprise but admiration at Orson; never before had he sat on a par with any slave except her. Together they patiently prised Angela’s story from her, the blacksmith’s shop, her skill with the small parts, her love of locks. She even admitted managing to get the shackles off in York gaol, which Orson thought hilarious, getting one over on His Honour Judge Oscar.

“I’ve no wish to have you to breed white children” he explained, much to Lucy’s relief, “and Oliver, Second Earl of Elmet, has prospered well enough in the past from my efforts. We’re living in a new country, breaking its ties to the colonial past, and I’m fully committed to it. I’ll no longer take orders from the old country, and I’m not happy with the whole idea of slavery to run the plantation. There’s no way that slavery will last for ever, some states don’t allow it now.

“Owen will have you dead by now, for the written record, so Angela Wright no longer exists.” Angela was suddenly rather sad at that news. “Make up a name for yourself and stick to it, there are plenty of people around with nothing to prove their names. Same goes for Isata, too strange a name, use something simple.

“What none of my brothers know is I’ve been investing quietly in various businesses in this new country, instead of sending all the profit to Elmet as Oliver thinks I do. One of them makes metal fittings. I’ll send both of you there. Isata will be fine, the state is called Pennsylvania, and it’s one of the states where slavery is being phased out. The journey will be long and arduous, I’ll give you money and letters of introduction, that will say you’re my niece and her servant.”

Lucy wrapped her arms round Orson, so glad that the two girls would get the chance of a new life, but hundreds of miles from her. Angela did the same round Isata, and gave a long moan of pleasure when Isata’s arms held her even tighter.

A woman working with metal? That caused some consternation among the men, so the Manager gave her a small shed and some stock, told her to keep out of the way. She took a while fiddling with unfamiliar tools and metal that was a bit different, but eventually made locks that were very good. ‘Ida’ had always been a good trader, taught to bargain by her mother, and had no trouble selling them. She was also good with the money, and the bookkeeping. The Manager saw the product was profitable, so moved them into a larger workshop, and put some of the men to help. ‘Ann’ struggled to get the men to work to her standards, but once Ida intervened, the whole operation ran smoothly, one glance from her quelled any dispute. The business prospered with Ann’s new designs, and Ann did less hands-on work, but every lock that left the workshop had to pass her ‘chicken-bone test’. Since Orson had told his manager to give them a share of the profits, the girls moved together into a new house, complete with large yard and basement.

_________________________________________________________________________________

“I can manage a little longer I think” groaned Ann, the strain on her arms and shoulders relieved a little as she pushed up against the beautifully made shackles round her ankles.

“You’re doing much better than last time,” replied Ida, “a couple more lashes, I think, then I’ll give you your reward.”

“Make it five, please, my lady.”

So in a rather nice house on the edge of a town known for its metalworkers, a respectable lady who had a connection to a manufactory and her black servant lived an unremarkable life, with a cross in their basement.

On that cross was fastened ironwork of the finest quality, secured with unpickable locks, onto which a good Yorkshire lass submitted herself to erotic punishments given by her imposing goddess, but none of the punishments were savage.

The End

I was pondering Angela in a quiet moment at work today (in the lunch queue, honest, guv!)

I was considering how much I'd enjoyed it! :)

I then I thought, "Wragg, you idiot, you never told OS that you enjoyed it! :doh:"

(I didn't actually slap myself on the forehead in the lunch queue, except mentally ;))

So here I am, Old Slave, better late than never - That was a hugely enjoyable tale! :)

girls dreaming about the charming Prince
hmmmm but it was an imposing Goddess and not just a run-of-the-mill prince ;)
The title of the last chapter suggested something darker for a moment but our Angela has come very far from modest beginnings and made much if not the best of her talents! Sometimes transportation to the colonies opened up new opportunities I guess ;)

Thank you windar, Ted, Tree, Wragg, malins and anyone else my demented dementia brain has forgotten, for the words of encouragment.

Germ of an idea in my head for a dystopian view involving sacrifice and crux. Let's get Christmas over first, family get's annoyed when I lock myself away, instead of 'enjoying' the party with them.

Thank you windar, Ted, Tree, Wragg, malins and anyone else my demented dementia brain has forgotten, for the words of encouragment.

Germ of an idea in my head for a dystopian view involving sacrifice and crux. Let's get Christmas over first, family get's annoyed when I lock myself away, instead of 'enjoying' the party with them.

I've got an answer to dementia mate ..... You call it a nice friendly, cuddly and accurate 'Oldtimers Disease' and most people think .... Poor old bugger, but we know better ....

Well, even if I wasn't understanding some expressions, I think that I was suffisciently understanding to appreciate this story ...
... and never I told that I was not appreciating ...;)

Continue, OS, you've a great talent !:clapping::clapping::clapping:

If anyone struggles with the dialogue, I’ll happily provide a plain English translation.

Well, even if I wasn't understanding some expressions,

I did offer! The offer is still open if anyone wants to go back and ask.

I wanted to emphasise the importance of slave-powered plantations to the wealth of the English aristocracy, their scant regard for the harsh justice system, the fact transportation was used for such 'crimes' as organising a trade union. The sexual preferences of some nobility are well known. I thought someone might comment on 'Polly', a humiliating name for a eunuch, but a person understanding that his lot in life could be much worse. That despite racial prejudice and even laws, Orson and Lucy were a couple, but some of the old African tradition was inside Lucy and some of the field-slaves. That women can influence a man even when he doesn't realise it. That love can blossom when and with whom you least expect it. That women have skills and power, just waiting to be uncovered. That something deep inside us leads us to be dominant and/or submissive.

All wrapped up in rape, fellatio, bondage, flogging, sodomy, near drowning, cunnilingus, suspension and crucifixion.

Did I miss anything?

I'm exhausted!

I wanted to emphasise the importance of slave-powered plantations to the wealth of the English aristocracy, their scant regard for the harsh justice system, the fact transportation was used for such 'crimes' as organising a trade union. The sexual preferences of some nobility are well known. I thought someone might comment on 'Polly', a humiliating name for a eunuch, but a person understanding that his lot in life could be much worse. That despite racial prejudice and even laws, Orson and Lucy were a couple, but some of the old African tradition was inside Lucy and some of the field-slaves. That women can influence a man even when he doesn't realise it. That love can blossom when and with whom you least expect it. That women have skills and power, just waiting to be uncovered. That something deep inside us leads us to be dominant and/or submissive.

All wrapped up in rape, fellatio, bondage, flogging, sodomy, near drowning, cunnilingus, suspension and crucifixion.

Did I miss anything?

I'm exhausted!

I fear provoking another discussion of slavery here, especially with "Mine Misery" about to start, but you are certainly correct about the importance of slavery to the wealth of not just English aristocracy but French and American (including that of Northern, non-slave states). The money to expand slavery into the Western states as the US grew came from banks in London and New York even up to the time of the Civil War.

Orson and Lucy were much like Thomas Jefferson and Sally Hemmings, who lived together as man and wife after his legal wife Martha died. Ms Hemmings was the toast of Paris society during the time he was the US Ambassador to France

I missed the bit about making new lives in the former colony by breaking ties, even blood ones, and predicting the end of slavery.

Oh, it's not necessary for me, at least ...;)

That women can influence a man even when he doesn't realise it. That love can blossom when and with whom you least expect it. That women have skills and power, just waiting to be uncovered. That something deep inside us leads us to be dominant and/or submissive.

I'm not able to influence a man because this is not my way , but I think so ! Generally, women can have a great power (numerous examples can be found in History) but the question is why were they not often in front of the scene ?
Dominant or submissive is the key of the respons : generally, women were educated to be submissives and it could explain the fact ...
I've too much often heard this expression : men are the strong sex and women the frail'one ...
In our times, we can see some variations but it's yet very modest ...

That was a fine story with some very unexpected twists. Well done, Old Slave. I enjoyed it very much.
When I saw the title of the last chapter I feared the worst for Angela but to my surprise it was a happy end.
It's the first time I read a story in which the slaves are given their freedom.

Oh, it's not necessary for me, at least ...;)

I'm not able to influence a man because this is not my way , but I think so ! Generally, women can have a great power (numerous examples can be found in History) but the question is why were they not often in front of the scene ?
Dominant or submissive is the key of the respons : generally, women were educated to be submissives and it could explain the fact ...
I've too much often heard this expression : men are the strong sex and women the frail'one ...
In our times, we can see some variations but it's yet very modest ...
I don't believe that stuff about the "frail" women or the "weaker sex". Women have better endurance and higher pain thresholds generally speaking. So much of women depending on men seems to be part of whatever society they live in. There were a few notable examples of women in the forefront of history - Elizabeth I, Eleanor of Aquitaine, Catherine the Great. What one often finds is stories of women who step into the forefront getting put back "in their place". I doubt Jeanne d'Arc would have been burned as a heretic if she had been Jacques d'Arc. :D

It's the first time I read a story in which the slaves are given their freedom.

My understanding is that in the northern states by about 1800 slaves were becoming 'indentured servants' with an end-date to their indenture, and children born to slaves were not automatically slaves themselves. I know it was set 50 years later, but 12 Years a Slave gave an idea of how a black family could live.

In my story I envisage Orson being peeved with his brothers for suggesting that Angela would be no more than a brood mare for an heir. He probably guessed the back-story of the alleged theft. So he had no intention of keeping Angela and would have found her a position anyway. Isata happened to be in the right place at the right time (helped by the ruse to get Oswald out the way by faking a hurricane) and by her unselfish act of saving Angela's life from the suspension, they made a natural pairing. Isata's life could have been short and brutal if sold to the brothel.

Glad you liked it, and I thought a bit of 'loving crucifixion and whipping' would appeal to some of our members who keep hinting at their own games.

Women have better endurance and higher pain thresholds generally speaking.

I thought so too, but there was a recent BBC Horizon programme comparing men's and women's brains where they did an experiment putting hands in very cold water, measuring perceived pain and endurance. Women scored the pain higher, and lasted a shorter time. No serious conclusion, because of the question :"Are men expected by society to be more stoic to pain?" So Nature vs. Nurture was still unresolved.

Experimental design: Rent the Hill of 100 Crosses, 50 men and 50 women, ropes should do it, substantial cash prize for the ten longest-lasting. Would that give an answer?

My understanding is that in the northern states by about 1800 slaves were becoming 'indentured servants' with an end-date to their indenture, and children born to slaves were not automatically slaves themselves. I know it was set 50 years later, but 12 Years a Slave gave an idea of how a black family could live.

In my story I envisage Orson being peeved with his brothers for suggesting that Angela would be no more than a brood mare for an heir. He probably guessed the back-story of the alleged theft. So he had no intention of keeping Angela and would have found her a position anyway. Isata happened to be in the right place at the right time (helped by the ruse to get Oswald out the way by faking a hurricane) and by her unselfish act of saving Angela's life from the suspension, they made a natural pairing. Isata's life could have been short and brutal if sold to the brothel.

Glad you liked it, and I thought a bit of 'loving crucifixion and whipping' would appeal to some of our members who keep hinting at their own games.

Quite correct OS. Even in the South, many more enlightened slave holders set their slaves free at various points, often in their wills. George Washington did that, for example.

But I think Repertor may have meant the first time reading such a story on CF, where such behavior violates deeply held beliefs.;)

I don't believe that stuff about the "frail" women or the "weaker sex".

I didn't say that ... only that geberally, girls were learned in this way !

All what I see in my life is in this way , alas !

And even here (CF) , why the main part of women is submitted in their fantasy, searching to be tortured or crucified !
Is not it that , somewhere, they are feeling herselves like "inferior" ?

Back
Top Bottom