Go to CruxDreams.com
It’s a blistering hot summer day. I can feel the heat of the steel as I grip the bars of the cramped dog cage tightly. The plaza is crowded. It’s lunchtime and people are eating as they peer down at me, watching as I try to pry the steel bars of my cage apart with my tiny fingers.

I’m guessing it’s nearing noon as the plaza is filling up with office workers hurrying across the square to one of the many food shops on the perimeter. Most simply pass by and say nothing, but others stop to watch. My cage is separated from the crowd by a rope line composed of twine taped to the top of a set of orange cones. The string and cones form a paltry makeshift barrier, but it is a mighty rampart I am desperate to cross.

My cage is tiny. I bump against the walls of the kennel as I pull at the padlock holding the latch shut, whimpering with frustration. The sun is beating down and like the bars of my cage the lock is getting hotter. I am grateful that the floor of my tiny kennel is covered with straw. I am kneeling, but the straw offers my knees and toes some amount of relief.

I will not waste time telling you about my elite education or my family fortune. I am 30 and quite wealthy--financially independent--unlike the rest of our group, which is comprised mostly of idealistic students from the local city college. I am not a local. I actually live nearly 100 miles to North in a condo that overlooks the water. But today my wealth and fancy education do not matter. Today I am an animal. Today I am ANIMAL X.

ANIMAL X began when a group of animal rights activists saved calf destined for slaughter. To raise public awareness it was decided that members of the group would take the animal’s place and dub themselves Animal X. The group stages public events where the group members are manhandled and branded like livestock with a large X to highlight the suffering animals endure in capivity. If it’s not right to prod, tie, beat, or brand humans, why is it right to do it to animals? It is a powerful argument, but the cold indifference of the crowd makes me wonder if the ANIIMAL X protest doesn’t reveal something far darker about human nature.

I discovered ANIMAL X almost a year ago during a search for human branding stories on the web. I don’t share the group’s obsession with their cause, but I was irresistibly drawn to ANIMAL X. I am not an animal rights activist--far from it. I enjoy a nice steak every now and then, a fact that would horrify my new comrades. And I would never give up my leather Louboutins or my Coach handbags. But I have powerful fantasies of enslavement and public humiliation and have often daydreamed about what it might be like to be treated like an animal. From the first time I saw one of the videos of their public protests, I knew I had to join ANIMAL X.

The crowd is a bit larger than organizers expected, about 300 people. It's mostly male, and I know the men are watching me. Most of the other “animals” being branded today are guys, but I’m a girl in a dog cage, wearing a bikini. And I am striking to look at too--no conceit on my part, just a matter of fact. My face, covered in freckles, is framed by shoulder length red hair. And my skin is very fair--almost porcelain white. At 5’10” and 120 pounds I am so slender that everyone can see my ribs as I hyperventilate in my kennel. But I am no stick. My bust and backside fill out my skimpy bikini; this ANIMAL X has enough meat on her bones to make her very interesting to those of the opposite sex.

The frat boys are certainly entertained. There are about a dozen of them. And several are wearing identical Greek letters on their shirts branding them as idiots from the same asylum.

"Branding". I shudder as the word invades my consciousness.

“Are they really going to brand her?”

“That’s what they say.”

"Why would she agree to that?”

“Don’t know, not very bright, is she?"

"I wouldn't buy her for her brains."

“I bet she chickens out.”

"Hope the pet store fixes her before they sell her, ‘cause I'd knock that little bitch up good."

Their conversation infuriates me, but my time is running out so I turn my attention to the lock.

To make things more interesting, Sam, my handler, made a deal with me. If I can get out of my cage and get to the other side of the rope I’ll be free. No further mistreatment, no branding. The rope line is only a few feet away...

When she suggested it to me, I laughed. I thought it was a game. It doesn’t feel like a game now. I realize that the promise is part of the process they use to turn me into an animal: frightened, scared, and desperate to escape. I understand the psychology, but that doesn’t make it any less powerful.

I desperately pick at the lock.

Since I'm female "livestock", female handlers will process me. Sam is in charge and Tanya will assist. Sam is a bit older than the others, a street cop who joined the force after two tours of Afghanistan with the Marines. Lean and muscular, she threw me over her shoulder like a sack of potatoes during practice.

Sam's tough, take-charge demeanor makes her ideal as a handler, but her earnestness in making sure I understood EXACTLY what I was agreeing to made me wonder if she was really tough enough to go through with it. I even teased her that it was too bad she wasn't Army, "since everyone knows the Army is way tougher than the Marines."

Sam laughed. "Don't worry your pretty little head about it, sweet pea. On game day you're going to be just another little piggy and I'm going to bring your ass to market. I'm warning you: I will hurt you. Hurting you is the point."

That morning when we had tested the equipment I had again goaded her about “being soft” and “a cupcake.” She smiled and said the group had discussed “my attitude” and had prepared “a special treat” for me and Tom, after the branding.

“What is it?” I asked.

“Something special, sweet pea. Something VERY special.”

“Bring it on,” I said, smiling back.

I watch as they open the cage door next to me and drag out Steve, or, should I say, ANIMAL X. Steve is strong, and resists, but they use the cattle prod on him, giving him a good jolt right in the ass. I shudder at the electrical crackle and his dreadful, piercing screen. The cattle prod does it’s job, stunning Steve and leaving him weak enough for his four male handlers, all wearing ski masks, to tie his hands and feet.

I watched grimly as they roughly drag him across the stone plaza by his feet to be branded.

Realizing I am next, I redouble my efforts to escape. I try to lift the latch. It goes up a bit, but the lock holds it in place. I try to shake it loose, but it is double welded--too strong for me.

I shake the bars in frustration. My cage door is being held shut by a tiny luggage lock, the sort of thing I might use on one of my Gucci travel bags. It’s metal, but it is worn and scratched, and some of the paint has chipped away. I know they have used this lock before at other protests, and I wonder how many other ANIMAL X's have tugged and pulled at it trying to gain their freedom.

I can't pull it apart. In desperation I put it in my mouth, irrationally hoping I might bite it off.

"Looks like she's found a new chew toy," one of the frat boys calls out.

“Don’t like the taste, little doggy? I’ll give you something better to suck on.”

"Yeah. Woof, woof! Suck on this!"

I see him grab his crotch. His buddies burst out laughing. Their laughter burns in my ears. I can't believe this is happening.

There are two policemen in the plaza, both friends of Sam's. They are not there to help me. They are there to make sure that my branding goes off without a hitch. I am on my knees so they look tall and intimidating; indeed, from my perspective in the cramped cage, everyone looks enormous. In their blue uniforms with their badges and guns, the officers look very official and lend an aura of legitimacy to the proceedings. But they stand aloof in their sunglasses, oblivious to my plight.

ANIMAL X brandings are designed to highlight our cold indifference to the treatment of animals. When violence against animals is protected by the sanction of law it becomes socially acceptable. Fair enough.

However I think the ANIMAL X brandings reveal something far more sinister. In a few minutes I’m going to be dragged out into the public square, where I will be gagged, tied, and branded in front of a crowd of “good” people. A couple of cops, some orange cones, and some cheap twine will be all it takes to make my branding entirely acceptable.

There is something about a mob, a diffusion of responsibility that makes the unthinkable perfectly acceptable. One person on their own might help me; as part of a crowd, that same person will do nothing to stop my suffering, no matter how great it might be.

You could argue that it is merely theater, but that doesn't explain the bulges in the male trousers, the look of smug satisfaction in the older female eyes, or the laughter of the frat buys as they gulp their beer and crack jokes as I desperately try to pick the lock open.

It is hot and I am sweating. A few yards away there is an open barrel the group put out so that people have something to dump their trash in. The garbage draws flies, and they soon find me. I feel them crawling on my back, legs and bottom, but my cage is too small for me to get my hands up and brush them away. I am disgusted, and resort to shaking like a dog to get them off. The flies soon return. I am helpless to prevent it. I resign myself to their presence and try to ignore them, letting them crawl all over me as they lick the salty sweat from my skin.

Thrashing around while sweating in the blazing sun is exhausting me. I am dehydrated. I can see people enjoying icy cold drinks and I envy them. A small metal bowl of tepid water is attached to the cage, but there are flies on the rim so I don’t drink. I’m also afraid I might pee myself when I’m branded if I drink anything. It happens, or so I’m told.

But I am so thirsty I decide to take a small drink anyway. I try to detach the bowl from the bars so I can use my hands to drink, but the bowl is bolted in place. Sam used a power drill and the screws are far to tight to loosen with my fingers. If I want to drink, I’ll have to stick my face in the bowl and drink it like a dog.

Giving in to my humiliation, I shake my long red hair to brush the flies away and put my face in the bowl. It is stainless steel, and the water is warm, but I drink it anyway.

“Suck it up, bitch,” one of the frat boys yells.

“Yeah. IF you don’t like that, I’ll give you something better to drink!”

Ignoring the college students I glance over my shoulder. Sam and Tonya and the other handlers are busy branding Steve. The rope line is only a few feet away.

My frustration is palpable. I could buy 100 of these cheap little locks with the proceeds from one of the bottles in my wine cellar. It seems preposterous that a crappy little two-inch loop lock can render me helpless, but try as I might, I can’t bend, pull, or chew myself free.

I taste tiny flecks of gold paint in my mouth. I realize now why the lock is scratched.

Across the plaza I hear a horrific, terrifying scream as Steve is branded. It is muffled, as they put a bit in his mouth to keep him from biting off his tongue.

They process Steve quickly. I am next.

I look around on the ground. Perhaps someone has dropped a paperclip or a bobby pin I can use to pick the lock. Perhaps I can find a toothpick, a safety pin, or something that might turn a tumbler. Maybe one of the drunken assholes have dropped the pop top of their beer, and I can chew it apart and…

I gasp as Sam and Tonya's scuffed black work boots appear in front of my cage.

It’s too late. It’s time.

The handlers are dressed in black and wearing black gloves, and black ski masks that cover everything but their eyes. It dehumanizes them, makes them more frightening, and robs them of their individual identity. Like the butchers and executioners of the world, they are faceless cogs, part of an elaborate machine devoted to processing, exploiting, and torturing the innocent.

Sam kneels in front of my cage. I don't look at her eyes. The key transfixes me. It’s tiny, less than an inch long, but I know it’s my salvation. She holds it up in front of me, taunting me with its closeness.

Without even thinking I push my fingers through the bars, trying to reach it. Sam pulls the key just beyond my reach.

So fixated am I by my attempts to reach the precious key I forget that the key display is actually a signal. As per our arrangement, I look down and locate the tiny buzzer hidden in the straw of my kennel cage. The buzzer is an essential safeguard. It is small, but if I squeeze it three times in rapid succession the buzzing will signal Sam and the others to stop. My safe word was FREEDOM, but if I’m gagged or too weak to speak I can use the buzzer. The buzzer will save me.

I pickup the buzzer and conceal it in my palm, nodding to Sam. She nods back, and unlocks my cage. Tensing myself, I get ready…

The instant she lifts the latch I push forward with all my strength. The rope line is five feet away, and I try to throw my body across it in an end zone dive. A hand, a foot, a finger… I put all my energy into getting any part of me over the line.

I don't make it. I don’t even come close. I feel the prick of the sharp prongs as Tanya pushes the cattle prod into my defenseless rump. It hurts, but I discover what pain means when she presses the button.

It is indescribable. Everything goes white as my mind clouds and my muscles spasm then go limp. Every inch of me is writhing in pain.

The cattle prod does its work. Stunned and disabled, four men lift me up and over my cage like a rag doll. Sam and Tonya hold my feet.

Unlike Steve they do not drag me across the cement they carry me. This might seem merciful, but it is not. Each animal’s demonstration is scripted after a careful discussion with his or her handler. I had repeatedly urged Sam not to hold back, to give me the works, daring her to do her worst even as I openly challenged her ability to do so. It was Sam who suggested that I be hogtied.

They don’t set me down; they simply let me drop three feet to the pavement. I land hard on all fours, scuffing my palms and knees on the unforgiving surface. Before I can react, someone stomps on my back shoving my face onto the pavement and collapsing me flat on the ground. The sun is blazing and the concrete feels like a hot griddle on my bare skin. They yank my hands behind my back and tie them tightly with coarse rope. My ankles are next. The knots are much tighter than they were in rehearsal. Tight is good. Things can get messy if an animal gets free during its branding.

Sam assured me that I would not get free, and Sam always keeps her word. I wince as the coarse, twisted rope digs into my wrists and ankles. The 3-strand manila rope they use is the strongest natural fiber rope on the market and is a favorite on farms because of its resistance to heat, sunlight, and stretching.

Sam learned to tie knots in the Marines. She works quick and fast. Although I know what is coming, I still feel a surge of panic as she slips the noose around my neck and pulls the knot tight. Sam threads the loose end of the noose under the rope around my wrists and ankles before doubling it back in a large loop which she cinches tight, forcing my feet skyward.

I let out a tortured scream as she puts her foot on my back and gives the rope a mercilessly hard yank jerking my head back and my feet and calves clear off the ground. The pain is so sharp that for an instant I fear she has snapped my neck. She was much more gentle in rehearsal. Is it the adrenaline of the performance or something darker driving her cruelty?

Sam tightens the noose around my throat. I feel like I’m falling through a trap door. After much gurgling and rocking back-and-forth I discover I can breathe if I lift my shoulders and knees off the ground and balance all of my weight on my breasts and belly.

Sam kneels down beside me. Is she going to loosen my knots, or adjust the rope around my neck to allow me to breath easier? No, she’s there to tag me.

Tanya grabs my ear, using it like a luggage handle to lift my head up to her knee. The pain is sharp and intense. For a moment I think my ear is going to come off. But the pain is washed away by a surge of fear as I feel the cold metal of the hole punch close against my ear lobe.

Sam had shown me the tool during rehearsal. It looked innocuous enough, an old, worn, metal belt punch, small enough to carry in your pocket, with an adjustable head for different sized holes.

"It will punch through a leather belt, so your ear shouldn't be a problem," Sam explained casually. "Leather's leather, after all, and it's not like your hide is any thicker than any other cow.”

My hide. The trainers always used animal terms when talking to or about "the livestock": my breasts were my udders, or teats, my bottom was my rump and my hands and feet were my front and rear hooves. It was supposed to make us identify with the animals. I certainly identified with them now.

Leather may be leather, but it is still a small hand tool she’s using. I can feel Sam summoning all her strength to squeeze the handles together, trying to push the dull metal punch through my ear.

The group prefers old, worn tools, similar to what one might find in a country rancher’s toolshed. The belt punch Sam was using didn’t have the easy-grip plastic handles of the new models. It had bare metal grips and was made long before plastic became popular. The punch was dull and rounded after years of use.

I now pay the price for Sam’s desire for authenticity.

I scream like a banshee as the punch penetrates partway through my ear lobe and then simply stops. Sam squares off and shifts her weight. She squeezes harder... Again... Again… I cry in anguish as each time the dull metal punch digs incrementally deeper. Adjusting her grip one more time, she finally gets enough leverage to finish the job. I sob as she lets go of my head and my face slams down onto the hot cement.

Wasting no time, Sam quickly threads the yellow plastic garbage bag tie first through the gigantic plastic X animal tag and then through the bloody hole in my ear. She works fast. She has other animals to process and a schedule to keep.

But the hole in my ear does not allow the main body of the tie to pass easily. Sam simply puts the sole of her boot on my head and yanks the plastic tie through my ear. Brute strength is her solution for pulling the yellow tie through a hole punched too small. The pain is excruciating as each tooth of the plastic tie is forced to twist and fold and cut on its way through. Soon the slack is gone and the tie is holding the enormous and humiliating animal tag tightly to my ear.

The tag has a day-glow pink frame and identifies me as a female. My X identification number is printed on both sides in bold two-inch HIGH IMPACT black font against a white background. I am hogtied, and the plastic tag flops comically against the left side of my face as I struggle to keep my shoulders off the ground and my feet high enough in the air to allow me to breathe. But it doesn’t matter. The print is large enough so everyone in the plaza can see that I’m ANIMAL X.

ANIMAL X PART 2

The coarse rope around my throat forces me to hold my chin up high and look up into the faces of the crowd. Unable to wipe away my tears, I struggle to focus clearly. A college student chats on his cell; an older professional woman checks her messages. A teenager uses her compact to check her makeup as her friend tells her about the new eyeliner she just bought. A middle-age woman opens her shopping bag to show her friend her new shoes.

I continue to rock back and forth in an effort to breathe easier unintentionally creating a new humiliation, this one self-inflicted. The rocking motion causes my bikini top to ride up on my chest. The fabric slides over the bottom swell of my breasts and catches briefly on my nipples, stiff from the stimulation of the moment; but eventually--inevitably--it slips over them and I am exposed.

I am helpless to rectify my dilemma. I try to lie still to minimize what people can see. I hope my handlers readjust my top before anyone notices. But there is little chance of that; I know my bare female breasts will not escape the eagle eyes of the horny frat rats.

“Hey look!,” shouts the first frat boy to notice, “her tits are out!”

In an instant, the rest of the frat boys see them too.

“Nice, but you can hardly see them...”

“Not bad, I’d let her eat crackers in my bed!”

“Hey, roll over and give us a good look!”

Hearing the shouts, everyone’s attention is fully on me now; eyes are straining to see my bared flesh. I struggle to keep myself covered. Despite all the humiliation I’ve suffered so far, I blush and my face turns crimson.

“Hey, shouldn’t we do something to cover her up?” Tonya asks Sam.

Sam looks up to one of the uniformed male officers, who like the other men in the crowd is smiling as he ogles my breasts.

“Naw, she’s OK. Our permit says the “animals” have to wear clothes--she’s still wearing her bottom isn’t she?”

Tonya shrugs but says nothing. I can’t believe they’re going to leave me exposed like this. I am embarased, humiliated… But it is a delicious thrill. The throbbing pain in my ear dulls for a moment.

I hear the chatter of the frat boys and traffic in the distance. And I make out bits of stray conversation drifting across the plaza. I listen closely, straining to make sense of it all. A street musician plays guitar nearby. With my chin only a few inches off the pavement I don’t see him, but I hear him singing, taking advantage of the crowd we’ve drawn to make a few dollars.

I rock my head back to relieve the strain on my throat. Above a sea of faces I glimpse the colorful umbrella of a hot dog vendor’s pushcart and a billboard that competes with the top of the ice cream truck parked a few yards away. From the sound of it, both are doing brisk business. Through tear stained eyes I see blurry figures eating hot dogs and sipping drinks while watching me struggle to breathe; some of the figures in the very front are holding balloons and ice cream cones.

The plaza is humming now, busy with both passersby and those stopping to enjoy a look as I struggle against the ropes, choking and gurgling in my noose, slowly rocking back-and-forth. The atmosphere is festive, the air filled with laughter and music.

No one tries to help me. Why should they? It would be as silly as trying to save one of the hot dogs. The meat in the buns is no different than the meat cooking on hot cement. ANIMAL X simply hasn't been processed yet.

I hear the clipper before I see it. It takes an instant for the sound to register, but when I realize what is about to happen I cry out in anguish.

"No, please! Don’t take my hair! Not my hair! Nooo!"

Tonya does the honors. Dumpy, and more than a bit overweight I know has been looking forward to this. It is only appropriate, for the shearing had been her idea. When we first met she had repeatedly complimented me on my "incredible red hair!" When she asked me what shampoo and conditioner I used, I laughed and told her I didn’t think it would make a difference for her because her hair was too stringy.

I wasn't trying to be cruel, but I figured if I goaded her and Sam a bit they'd be tougher on me during my processing. My strategy worked all too well; at our very next meeting Tonya showed a video of a ANIMAL X getting her hair sheared off at an event in Iowa and suggested that it would be "totally awesome" if she could do that to me.

Shearing took some consideration. The event was a two-hour drive from my house, no one I know would be there, and I hadn't told any of the people I knew about my involvement with ANIMAL X. I would be able to hide the brand under my clothes, but a shaved head would be difficult to explain.

As luck would have it, I was scheduled to participate in a fundraiser for a cancer clinic. A number of participants shaved their heads to show solidarity with the patients. I now had an excuse.

Sam suggested that Tanya simply cut my hair short with scissors; but, citing the video of the girl in Iowa, Tonya insisted that the visual impact would be far more powerful if I were shaved completely bald.

"I can sell her hair and donate the money back to the group," Tonya said, her voice betraying her excitement. "It’ll be great publicity and could spread to the other groups. Ranchers make money shearing sheep and selling their wool don’t they? This is no different than that."

I decided to let my group decide if I should have my hair cut and how much should come off. After a short discussion they voted overwhelmingly to shear me bald. Sam put Tonya in touch with a Marine barber to teach her how to use the electric clippers she'd use for my "sheep shearing". The Marine trained her well.

Wasting no time, Tonya places the buzzing clippers directly on my widow's peak. I inhale sharply as she presses down hard and slowly draws her hand back, cutting a wide swath directly down the center of my head, from the top of my face down to the nape of my neck. My beautiful red hair falls down in clumps on the pavement.

"I should have brought a hand vac," she chuckles, brushing the hair off my head to reveal a nubby swath down the middle of my scalp.

I try to pull away as I feel her press the clipper against my forehead for the second pass, but the rope holds ANIMAL X's head firmly in place.

In front of me a coed in pretty yellow dress watches as the clipper makes it's second pass through my luxurious red hair.

"Do you think they're going to shave her bald?" she asked her friend.

"Looks that way," she said, taking a sip from her water bottle.

"That's too bad. She has really pretty hair."

"Not anymore."

My eyes blur with tears as Tanya positions the clippers for the third pass.

"Please," I whimpered. "Don't. Please don't. I'll pay you. I'll pay you anything you want!" I meant every word.

Tanya's voice is calm and dispassionate as she drags the clipper slowly across my head. "Animals don’t have money, ANIMAL X. Don’t worry, though, you’ll pay me. I’m going to sell this," she said, finishing the stroke and dangling a huge strand of my freshly separated hair in front of my horrified eyes.

Five long solid passes leave my head as bald as a new Marine recruit. I weep quietly as Tanya quickly finishes up the sides, trimming around my ears singing:

Pretty girl won’t look so fair
When I cut off all her hair
Pretty girl won’t look so tall
Bald as a billiard ball.

As Tanya sings, Sam gathers my hair off the pavement and stuffs it into a clear plastic bag, which bears the barcode of the wig factory it’s been sold to.

"Get it all," says Tonya, interrupting her song. She pushes my X tag out of the way so she can clean around my ear. "We're going to make some money off those pretty red locks." Then she continues singing.

She shears me bald, right down to the nub. She even takes my eyebrows. I sob. What else can I do? The ropes on my wrist and ankles make struggling an absurdity; the rope around my neck keeps my head locked ramrod straight in front of me.

One of my masked comrades holds up the bag containing my hair, explaining to the crowd that it has been sold for $75 and would be used to make a wig. The crowd seems confused by this. Some of them whisper to each other; others, apparently thinking this was how the group normally raises money, politely applaud.

I sob, "No... No... No..." feebly protesting the cruel sheering of my hair. Soon even the luxury of speech will be denied me.

I am a tear-stained mess. My head is shorn bald. My shoulders and arms are sore from the hogtie, and my breasts are raw from rubbing on the cement. And the worst is yet to come.

I see Brittany pick up the black leather bit that will be used to keep me from biting off my tongue during my branding. Instinctively I close my mouth and clench my jaw shut. It’s gross. I don’t want it in my mouth. Thick and well chewed, with numerous deep bite marks, it’s soaked with Steve’s saliva and that of the other animals that have gone before me. I know the group has used this particular leather bit for years; as far as they are concerned the more used and "farm-like" a tool is, the better.

I had declined to put it in my mouth during practice and I certainly don't want it in my mouth now. Tonya doesn’t care.

"Open wide and bite," Tanya says flatly, obviously relishing her position of power as she holds the disgusting black leather chew toy in front of my face. It smells like puke. I clench my jaw tighter.

I feel a line of fire explode across my right bottom cheek. As I scream, Tonya jams the bit into my mouth, shoving it in deep and forcing it back against my molars.

Two more lines of fire explode across the soles of my bare feet. I scream lustily, allowing Tonya to jam the gag even deeper into my mouth.

Tonya pulls hard on the leather strap, forcing my lips back and exposing my gums. She pulls the strap tight-as-a-tick and buckles it behind my head, freezing my face into an exaggerated, comical rictus.

"It's hard to feel sorry for it with that big stupid grin on her face," the girl in the yellow dress comments, before casually taking a picture of me with her cellphone.

"Yeah," her friend replies. "Sort of like a horse."

“I don’t know. With that big tag and bald head, she looks more like a sow to me.”

A pig. A horse. My handlers have done their work well.

Like the belt punch, the leather bit is very, very old, and actually tastes worse than it smells. Disgusted as I am, the pressure in my mouth forces me to bite and chew into the worn leather simply to relieve the strain. The chewing and my own saliva quickly liquefies the dried spittle of everyone who had chewed the gag before me, creating an accumulated foulness that makes me want to wretch.

"It's okay, ANIMAL X," Sam says, soothing me like an animal as she patted my shorn head. "It needs to be tight so you don't injure yourself. And don't worry about drooling; horses and dogs do it too when they’re bitted. There's no shame in it."

Sam's compassion rings hollow when I spot the dressage whip in her hand and realize it is the little toy she used to rain fire across my still flaming bottom, and the soles of my helplessly exposed feet.

Seeing the fury in my eyes as I look at the whip and then at her, Sam chuckles. "I warned you not to resist," she says, patting my bald head.

Whether intended or not, Sam's admonition that I shouldn't be ashamed makes my shame cut that much deeper. I pant hard, rocking back and forth as I try to relieve the strain on my throat and ankles; slobber and drool is leaking out of my mouth and stringing down to the pavement in a long, endless dribble. What I sight I must be.

The flies return. They enjoy my drool, and soon crawl to the source.

"Look, she’s slobbering just like our dog Napoleon," I hear a squeaky, disembodied voice say. "I'm glad none of that is getting on our rug."

Despite my horror at being spoken of as if I were a drooling house pet, the innocence of the observation nearly made me laugh. My mirth is short lived, though, as I hear a horrible, sickly, mechanical WHOOSH followed by an endless, evil hiss.

I look up to see Victor, our group’s tall, muscular "blacksmith", using a hand held propane torch to heat up the X branding iron. The branding head is big, almost the length of my hand; from my position on the pavement it looks gigantic!

The torch produces a large blue flame on the outside, and a darker, more intense flame inside. I stare at it and tremble involuntarily.

"Better get ready, sweet pea," Sam says, kneeling down next to me and whispering in my ear. "It won't be long now."

Sam opens my hand and presses something into my palm before closing my fingers around it. I am in shock, so stunned by my ordeal that it takes me several seconds to realize what I am holding in my palm. It’s the tiny buzzer that I am to use in stead of my safe word when I’m gagged, to signal that I want to be released.

The safe word! In truth I had forgot my safe word, or to be more accurate, I am so totally submerged in the horror of what is happening to me that the concept of a safe word has vacated my mind.

Lying on the hot cement, tied and gagged, my thoughts swirl. When did I become ANIMAL X? Was it when they dragged me from the cage? When I was whipped? When Sam clipped the humiliating animal tag to my ear? Perhaps, on some level, I was always ANIMAL X, and today was merely the consummation of my inevitable destiny.

Regardless of when, the transformation has clearly happened. The concept of using my safe word has become inconceivable, in a very literal sense; my brain can no longer process it. Pigs and cows do not have safe words. Why should ANIMAL X?

But now I have the buzzer in my hand, which means escape is possible. In an instant my mind appraises the situation. The bit in my mouth tastes like shit; drool is running down my chin; I am rocking back and forth on my belly and bare breasts to keep from choking; I have been shaved bald, whipped and a huge pink animal tag is dangling from my ear.

None of that matters. What does matter, what matters more than anything else in the world right now, is the specter of Victor towering over me like a mythical Titan, methodically playing the flame of the torch back-and-forth across the branding iron that will soon mark my bottom, forever.

He’s standing close to me. With my face only inches off the ground his 6'4 inch frame makes him look like a giant. Victor doesn't look at me, his eyes are on the branding iron. I can't take my eyes off him.

“So which cheek should we brand?” Tonya asks, squatting down behind me to squeeze my rump through my sweat soaked bikini.

“I don’t know,” Sam replied. “Did she express a preference?

“No, she wasn't specific. I mean, it’s not like a cow or a horse can decide if they're branded on the left or right side."

“Good point,” Sam replied. "I whipped her on the left cheek. Let's brand the right." And so it is decided.

I should explain. ANIMAL X’s are usually branded on their shoulders like Steve, or on their chests. A few brave souls are branded on their bellies. I didn’t want that. I like bare midriff shirts that show off my flat little tummy and strapless dresses that show off my bare shoulders and cleavage. I don’t want to be marked in a place anyone would normally see.

My directions were specific. I told Sam I wanted a “butt brand.”

Sam had explained a butt brand would hurt more, and I wouldn’t be able to sit for a "quite a while." I laughed and told her I could take anything she could dish out.

I felt very brave when I told the group I wanted a butt brand. I even got a round of applause. But watching Victor heating the branding iron, I don’t feel very brave at all.

“Why do you want a butt brand?” one girl in my group asked after the meeting. “It’s so... humiliating.”

She is right, of course. It IS humiliating, and unspeakably degrading. Being branded on my rump will be the ultimate confirmation that I am nothing more than an animal. That is part of the allure.

What will the branding feel like? As I roast on the hot cement, rocking back-and-forth to breathe, I recall the first person accounts.

"Indescribable"

"Agonizing"

"Hell. No, Hellfire."

“Butt brands are the worse. The WORST!”

The warnings were dire. Recalling them offered only discouragement. Fortunately I have an out. The buzzer will release me from the unspeakable pain that Victor is preparing for me. Escape is literally in the palm of my hand.

Once I make the decision, I squeeze the buzzer hard three times, squeezing the sides like I had been taught.

Nothing.

Then I do it again.

Nothing.

I am shocked. The buzzers NEVER fail. We always use fresh batteries. Sam and I used it in a dozen practice sessions, and it always worked flawlessly. We even tested this particular buzzer before we set out this morning.

The buzzers always work, and my buzzer would work too... if I hadn't taken the battery out. The battery! In the blur of my pain and humiliation I forgot; I hid the battery in the straw matting of my cage.

Why did I do that? I was afraid I was going to chicken out at the last moment. I thought the buzzer wouldn't even matter, because if I were going to back out I would have done it during the ear clipping or the head shaving, when I could still talk. True enough. I could have called out the safe word if the psychology of the situation had not totally overwhelmed me. If I did make it all the way through, I didn't want to lose my nerve at the last second and lose my once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to get an animal brand.

So I took the battery out of the buzzer and hid it in the straw of my cage. I thought it wouldn't matter. No one would ever know.

No one knows now.

No one even looks at me as I squeeze my fist tightly, trying to get the battery to magically reappear though the sheer force of will. Fear and desperation is now consuming me.

Tonya stands just to my left, her black work boots inches from my nose. She doesn’t know, even if she did, I’m not sure she would help me.

Victor, completely oblivious to my plight, focuses on heating the branding iron.

Sam stands some distance away, chatting with one of her police buddies. I have to get her attention. I wiggle forward an inch, no easy task with the noose jerking tight against my throat. Sam does not notice.

I repeat the gesture, nearly choking myself in the process. As fate would have it, Tonya sees me.

"Can't wait to be branded, can you? Don't worry. We'll do a great job. See? The flame is blue, and the branding iron is starting to turn red. We'll get it nice and hot, so it makes a really clean burn."

Tonya's sing-song teasing causes Sam to look in our direction. Sensing something might be wrong, she walks over and looks down at me with cold, professional indifference.

I have her attention. I make the only movement I can and toss the buzzer out of my hand. It clatters across the pavement. I try to explain that the buzzer isn't working, and shake my head vigorously.

Tonya is amused and jokes that my protests are clearly due to my eagerness to "get on with it, already."

Sam seems less sure. She picks up the buzzer and looks at it.

"Test it!" I yell into my gag. "Press it!" My protests are a gurgle.

Sam looks at me, rocking back and forth in my bondage, and then at the buzzer. Kneeling down, she puts it back in my hand.

Shouting into my gag, again I throw it away.

"Leave it," Tonya says. "Can't you see she doesn't want it?"

Sam looks at me, shrugs, and returns to her conversation. Tonya picks up the buzzer and drops it in her pocket--sealing my fate--and chases after Sam.

ANIMAL X PART 2

The coarse rope around my throat forces me to hold my chin up high and look up into the faces of the crowd. Unable to wipe away my tears, I struggle to focus clearly. A college student chats on his cell; an older professional woman checks her messages. A teenager uses her compact to check her makeup as her friend tells her about the new eyeliner she just bought. A middle-age woman opens her shopping bag to show her friend her new shoes.

I continue to rock back and forth in an effort to breathe easier unintentionally creating a new humiliation, this one self-inflicted. The rocking motion causes my bikini top to ride up on my chest. The fabric slides over the bottom swell of my breasts and catches briefly on my nipples, stiff from the stimulation of the moment; but eventually--inevitably--it slips over them and I am exposed.

I am helpless to rectify my dilemma. I try to lie still to minimize what people can see. I hope my handlers readjust my top before anyone notices. But there is little chance of that; I know my bare female breasts will not escape the eagle eyes of the horny frat rats.

“Hey look!,” shouts the first frat boy to notice, “her tits are out!”

In an instant, the rest of the frat boys see them too.

“Nice, but you can hardly see them...”

“Not bad, I’d let her eat crackers in my bed!”

“Hey, roll over and give us a good look!”

Hearing the shouts, everyone’s attention is fully on me now; eyes are straining to see my bared flesh. I struggle to keep myself covered. Despite all the humiliation I’ve suffered so far, I blush and my face turns crimson.

“Hey, shouldn’t we do something to cover her up?” Tonya asks Sam.

Sam looks up to one of the uniformed male officers, who like the other men in the crowd is smiling as he ogles my breasts.

“Naw, she’s OK. Our permit says the “animals” have to wear clothes--she’s still wearing her bottom isn’t she?”

Tonya shrugs but says nothing. I can’t believe they’re going to leave me exposed like this. I am embarased, humiliated… But it is a delicious thrill. The throbbing pain in my ear dulls for a moment.

I hear the chatter of the frat boys and traffic in the distance. And I make out bits of stray conversation drifting across the plaza. I listen closely, straining to make sense of it all. A street musician plays guitar nearby. With my chin only a few inches off the pavement I don’t see him, but I hear him singing, taking advantage of the crowd we’ve drawn to make a few dollars.

I rock my head back to relieve the strain on my throat. Above a sea of faces I glimpse the colorful umbrella of a hot dog vendor’s pushcart and a billboard that competes with the top of the ice cream truck parked a few yards away. From the sound of it, both are doing brisk business. Through tear stained eyes I see blurry figures eating hot dogs and sipping drinks while watching me struggle to breathe; some of the figures in the very front are holding balloons and ice cream cones.

The plaza is humming now, busy with both passersby and those stopping to enjoy a look as I struggle against the ropes, choking and gurgling in my noose, slowly rocking back-and-forth. The atmosphere is festive, the air filled with laughter and music.

No one tries to help me. Why should they? It would be as silly as trying to save one of the hot dogs. The meat in the buns is no different than the meat cooking on hot cement. ANIMAL X simply hasn't been processed yet.

I hear the clipper before I see it. It takes an instant for the sound to register, but when I realize what is about to happen I cry out in anguish.

"No, please! Don’t take my hair! Not my hair! Nooo!"

Tonya does the honors. Dumpy, and more than a bit overweight I know has been looking forward to this. It is only appropriate, for the shearing had been her idea. When we first met she had repeatedly complimented me on my "incredible red hair!" When she asked me what shampoo and conditioner I used, I laughed and told her I didn’t think it would make a difference for her because her hair was too stringy.

I wasn't trying to be cruel, but I figured if I goaded her and Sam a bit they'd be tougher on me during my processing. My strategy worked all too well; at our very next meeting Tonya showed a video of a ANIMAL X getting her hair sheared off at an event in Iowa and suggested that it would be "totally awesome" if she could do that to me.

Shearing took some consideration. The event was a two-hour drive from my house, no one I know would be there, and I hadn't told any of the people I knew about my involvement with ANIMAL X. I would be able to hide the brand under my clothes, but a shaved head would be difficult to explain.

As luck would have it, I was scheduled to participate in a fundraiser for a cancer clinic. A number of participants shaved their heads to show solidarity with the patients. I now had an excuse.

Sam suggested that Tanya simply cut my hair short with scissors; but, citing the video of the girl in Iowa, Tonya insisted that the visual impact would be far more powerful if I were shaved completely bald.

"I can sell her hair and donate the money back to the group," Tonya said, her voice betraying her excitement. "It’ll be great publicity and could spread to the other groups. Ranchers make money shearing sheep and selling their wool don’t they? This is no different than that."

I decided to let my group decide if I should have my hair cut and how much should come off. After a short discussion they voted overwhelmingly to shear me bald. Sam put Tonya in touch with a Marine barber to teach her how to use the electric clippers she'd use for my "sheep shearing". The Marine trained her well.

Wasting no time, Tonya places the buzzing clippers directly on my widow's peak. I inhale sharply as she presses down hard and slowly draws her hand back, cutting a wide swath directly down the center of my head, from the top of my face down to the nape of my neck. My beautiful red hair falls down in clumps on the pavement.

"I should have brought a hand vac," she chuckles, brushing the hair off my head to reveal a nubby swath down the middle of my scalp.

I try to pull away as I feel her press the clipper against my forehead for the second pass, but the rope holds ANIMAL X's head firmly in place.

In front of me a coed in pretty yellow dress watches as the clipper makes it's second pass through my luxurious red hair.

"Do you think they're going to shave her bald?" she asked her friend.

"Looks that way," she said, taking a sip from her water bottle.

"That's too bad. She has really pretty hair."

"Not anymore."

My eyes blur with tears as Tanya positions the clippers for the third pass.

"Please," I whimpered. "Don't. Please don't. I'll pay you. I'll pay you anything you want!" I meant every word.

Tanya's voice is calm and dispassionate as she drags the clipper slowly across my head. "Animals don’t have money, ANIMAL X. Don’t worry, though, you’ll pay me. I’m going to sell this," she said, finishing the stroke and dangling a huge strand of my freshly separated hair in front of my horrified eyes.

Five long solid passes leave my head as bald as a new Marine recruit. I weep quietly as Tanya quickly finishes up the sides, trimming around my ears singing:

Pretty girl won’t look so fair
When I cut off all her hair
Pretty girl won’t look so tall
Bald as a billiard ball.

As Tanya sings, Sam gathers my hair off the pavement and stuffs it into a clear plastic bag, which bears the barcode of the wig factory it’s been sold to.

"Get it all," says Tonya, interrupting her song. She pushes my X tag out of the way so she can clean around my ear. "We're going to make some money off those pretty red locks." Then she continues singing.

She shears me bald, right down to the nub. She even takes my eyebrows. I sob. What else can I do? The ropes on my wrist and ankles make struggling an absurdity; the rope around my neck keeps my head locked ramrod straight in front of me.

One of my masked comrades holds up the bag containing my hair, explaining to the crowd that it has been sold for $75 and would be used to make a wig. The crowd seems confused by this. Some of them whisper to each other; others, apparently thinking this was how the group normally raises money, politely applaud.

I sob, "No... No... No..." feebly protesting the cruel sheering of my hair. Soon even the luxury of speech will be denied me.

I am a tear-stained mess. My head is shorn bald. My shoulders and arms are sore from the hogtie, and my breasts are raw from rubbing on the cement. And the worst is yet to come.

I see Brittany pick up the black leather bit that will be used to keep me from biting off my tongue during my branding. Instinctively I close my mouth and clench my jaw shut. It’s gross. I don’t want it in my mouth. Thick and well chewed, with numerous deep bite marks, it’s soaked with Steve’s saliva and that of the other animals that have gone before me. I know the group has used this particular leather bit for years; as far as they are concerned the more used and "farm-like" a tool is, the better.

I had declined to put it in my mouth during practice and I certainly don't want it in my mouth now. Tonya doesn’t care.

"Open wide and bite," Tanya says flatly, obviously relishing her position of power as she holds the disgusting black leather chew toy in front of my face. It smells like puke. I clench my jaw tighter.

I feel a line of fire explode across my right bottom cheek. As I scream, Tonya jams the bit into my mouth, shoving it in deep and forcing it back against my molars.

Two more lines of fire explode across the soles of my bare feet. I scream lustily, allowing Tonya to jam the gag even deeper into my mouth.

Tonya pulls hard on the leather strap, forcing my lips back and exposing my gums. She pulls the strap tight-as-a-tick and buckles it behind my head, freezing my face into an exaggerated, comical rictus.

"It's hard to feel sorry for it with that big stupid grin on her face," the girl in the yellow dress comments, before casually taking a picture of me with her cellphone.

"Yeah," her friend replies. "Sort of like a horse."

“I don’t know. With that big tag and bald head, she looks more like a sow to me.”

A pig. A horse. My handlers have done their work well.

Like the belt punch, the leather bit is very, very old, and actually tastes worse than it smells. Disgusted as I am, the pressure in my mouth forces me to bite and chew into the worn leather simply to relieve the strain. The chewing and my own saliva quickly liquefies the dried spittle of everyone who had chewed the gag before me, creating an accumulated foulness that makes me want to wretch.

"It's okay, ANIMAL X," Sam says, soothing me like an animal as she patted my shorn head. "It needs to be tight so you don't injure yourself. And don't worry about drooling; horses and dogs do it too when they’re bitted. There's no shame in it."

Sam's compassion rings hollow when I spot the dressage whip in her hand and realize it is the little toy she used to rain fire across my still flaming bottom, and the soles of my helplessly exposed feet.

Seeing the fury in my eyes as I look at the whip and then at her, Sam chuckles. "I warned you not to resist," she says, patting my bald head.

Whether intended or not, Sam's admonition that I shouldn't be ashamed makes my shame cut that much deeper. I pant hard, rocking back and forth as I try to relieve the strain on my throat and ankles; slobber and drool is leaking out of my mouth and stringing down to the pavement in a long, endless dribble. What I sight I must be.

The flies return. They enjoy my drool, and soon crawl to the source.

"Look, she’s slobbering just like our dog Napoleon," I hear a squeaky, disembodied voice say. "I'm glad none of that is getting on our rug."

Despite my horror at being spoken of as if I were a drooling house pet, the innocence of the observation nearly made me laugh. My mirth is short lived, though, as I hear a horrible, sickly, mechanical WHOOSH followed by an endless, evil hiss.

I look up to see Victor, our group’s tall, muscular "blacksmith", using a hand held propane torch to heat up the X branding iron. The branding head is big, almost the length of my hand; from my position on the pavement it looks gigantic!

The torch produces a large blue flame on the outside, and a darker, more intense flame inside. I stare at it and tremble involuntarily.

"Better get ready, sweet pea," Sam says, kneeling down next to me and whispering in my ear. "It won't be long now."

Sam opens my hand and presses something into my palm before closing my fingers around it. I am in shock, so stunned by my ordeal that it takes me several seconds to realize what I am holding in my palm. It’s the tiny buzzer that I am to use in stead of my safe word when I’m gagged, to signal that I want to be released.

The safe word! In truth I had forgot my safe word, or to be more accurate, I am so totally submerged in the horror of what is happening to me that the concept of a safe word has vacated my mind.

Lying on the hot cement, tied and gagged, my thoughts swirl. When did I become ANIMAL X? Was it when they dragged me from the cage? When I was whipped? When Sam clipped the humiliating animal tag to my ear? Perhaps, on some level, I was always ANIMAL X, and today was merely the consummation of my inevitable destiny.

Regardless of when, the transformation has clearly happened. The concept of using my safe word has become inconceivable, in a very literal sense; my brain can no longer process it. Pigs and cows do not have safe words. Why should ANIMAL X?

But now I have the buzzer in my hand, which means escape is possible. In an instant my mind appraises the situation. The bit in my mouth tastes like shit; drool is running down my chin; I am rocking back and forth on my belly and bare breasts to keep from choking; I have been shaved bald, whipped and a huge pink animal tag is dangling from my ear.

None of that matters. What does matter, what matters more than anything else in the world right now, is the specter of Victor towering over me like a mythical Titan, methodically playing the flame of the torch back-and-forth across the branding iron that will soon mark my bottom, forever.

He’s standing close to me. With my face only inches off the ground his 6'4 inch frame makes him look like a giant. Victor doesn't look at me, his eyes are on the branding iron. I can't take my eyes off him.

“So which cheek should we brand?” Tonya asks, squatting down behind me to squeeze my rump through my sweat soaked bikini.

“I don’t know,” Sam replied. “Did she express a preference?

“No, she wasn't specific. I mean, it’s not like a cow or a horse can decide if they're branded on the left or right side."

“Good point,” Sam replied. "I whipped her on the left cheek. Let's brand the right." And so it is decided.

I should explain. ANIMAL X’s are usually branded on their shoulders like Steve, or on their chests. A few brave souls are branded on their bellies. I didn’t want that. I like bare midriff shirts that show off my flat little tummy and strapless dresses that show off my bare shoulders and cleavage. I don’t want to be marked in a place anyone would normally see.

My directions were specific. I told Sam I wanted a “butt brand.”

Sam had explained a butt brand would hurt more, and I wouldn’t be able to sit for a "quite a while." I laughed and told her I could take anything she could dish out.

I felt very brave when I told the group I wanted a butt brand. I even got a round of applause. But watching Victor heating the branding iron, I don’t feel very brave at all.

“Why do you want a butt brand?” one girl in my group asked after the meeting. “It’s so... humiliating.”

She is right, of course. It IS humiliating, and unspeakably degrading. Being branded on my rump will be the ultimate confirmation that I am nothing more than an animal. That is part of the allure.

What will the branding feel like? As I roast on the hot cement, rocking back-and-forth to breathe, I recall the first person accounts.

"Indescribable"

"Agonizing"

"Hell. No, Hellfire."

“Butt brands are the worse. The WORST!”

The warnings were dire. Recalling them offered only discouragement. Fortunately I have an out. The buzzer will release me from the unspeakable pain that Victor is preparing for me. Escape is literally in the palm of my hand.

Once I make the decision, I squeeze the buzzer hard three times, squeezing the sides like I had been taught.

Nothing.

Then I do it again.

Nothing.

I am shocked. The buzzers NEVER fail. We always use fresh batteries. Sam and I used it in a dozen practice sessions, and it always worked flawlessly. We even tested this particular buzzer before we set out this morning.

The buzzers always work, and my buzzer would work too... if I hadn't taken the battery out. The battery! In the blur of my pain and humiliation I forgot; I hid the battery in the straw matting of my cage.

Why did I do that? I was afraid I was going to chicken out at the last moment. I thought the buzzer wouldn't even matter, because if I were going to back out I would have done it during the ear clipping or the head shaving, when I could still talk. True enough. I could have called out the safe word if the psychology of the situation had not totally overwhelmed me. If I did make it all the way through, I didn't want to lose my nerve at the last second and lose my once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to get an animal brand.

So I took the battery out of the buzzer and hid it in the straw of my cage. I thought it wouldn't matter. No one would ever know.

No one knows now.

No one even looks at me as I squeeze my fist tightly, trying to get the battery to magically reappear though the sheer force of will. Fear and desperation is now consuming me.

Tonya stands just to my left, her black work boots inches from my nose. She doesn’t know, even if she did, I’m not sure she would help me.

Victor, completely oblivious to my plight, focuses on heating the branding iron.

Sam stands some distance away, chatting with one of her police buddies. I have to get her attention. I wiggle forward an inch, no easy task with the noose jerking tight against my throat. Sam does not notice.

I repeat the gesture, nearly choking myself in the process. As fate would have it, Tonya sees me.

"Can't wait to be branded, can you? Don't worry. We'll do a great job. See? The flame is blue, and the branding iron is starting to turn red. We'll get it nice and hot, so it makes a really clean burn."

Tonya's sing-song teasing causes Sam to look in our direction. Sensing something might be wrong, she walks over and looks down at me with cold, professional indifference.

I have her attention. I make the only movement I can and toss the buzzer out of my hand. It clatters across the pavement. I try to explain that the buzzer isn't working, and shake my head vigorously.

Tonya is amused and jokes that my protests are clearly due to my eagerness to "get on with it, already."

Sam seems less sure. She picks up the buzzer and looks at it.

"Test it!" I yell into my gag. "Press it!" My protests are a gurgle.

Sam looks at me, rocking back and forth in my bondage, and then at the buzzer. Kneeling down, she puts it back in my hand.

Shouting into my gag, again I throw it away.

"Leave it," Tonya says. "Can't you see she doesn't want it?"

Sam looks at me, shrugs, and returns to her conversation. Tonya picks up the buzzer and drops it in her pocket--sealing my fate--and chases after Sam.

ANIMAL X PART 3

I watch as she asks Sam for something. Sam looks at me, then shakes her head. Tonya persists. I can't hear what she is saying; the plaza is noisy with the buzz of music and chatter as people eat their lunch. I know they are talking about me and I desperately want to hear what they are saying.

It doesn't matter, of course. They are talking ABOUT me, yes, the way one might talk about a lamp or a table. It isn't like I have any reason to know what they are saying. I have no voice in any decision making. I am ANIMAL X.

I hear a couple of groans of dissappointment and a "Damn!" Craning my neck to the sound I look up. The blue flame is gone and Victor is tapping the propane bottle that fuels the torch.

"We're out of gas," he says. "Is there more in the truck?"

"No, that was the last can," one of the handlers responds. "Sorry. I thought we had enough."

"So is that it for today?"

"Bummer!” I think. I am saved.

But my relief is short lived. Tonya, ever helpful, chimes in cheerfully. "No prob! There's a drug store a block over and I'm sure they sell refills. If not, there's a sporting goods store on Madison. I'll be back in a jiff!" She runs off, eager to complete her task, moving as fast as her fat legs can carry her.

I have never hated anyone so much in my life!

I curse my luck. We are in the city's shopping district and there is either a drug store, a sporting goods store or one of those idiot outdoors stores on every block, which always puzzles me--how much camping can you do in the city? Still, maybe all of them will be out of propane. Maybe there has been some sort of bizarre regional shortage, or an explosion at the factory, or the delivery trucks have all stalled. It isn't much to cling to, but it could happen. There is some hope.

A part of me is relieved. The delay buys me at least a few more minutes before I face the inevitable. But I stress out thinking of what will happen when Tonya returns. I have no escape path left. There is zero chance that I will get the buzzer again--it doesn’t work anyway--and the gag makes it impossible for me to call out my safe word.

My eyes scan the crowd looking for Tonya, hoping against hope to see her return empty handed. There are more people in the square now; my branding is clearly the big event. A few wander away but more new faces quickly replace them.

I don’t see Tonya but I continue to scan the sea of people, looking for someone, anyone who might intervene. I see several ANIMAL X team members recording the action from multiple angles for the “official” record--no help there. I see others taking pictures of me with their camera phones for their own personal record--they’re paying attention, but they want to see a spectacle. Most that I see are simply talking with their friends or eating their lunch--my hope is with them.

To my surprise, though, no one will make eye contact with me. When someone does see me looking at them, they quickly turn away. How dare they! They stare at my shaven head and my body--half-naked and hogtied. They watch me drooling and rocking back and forth on bruised, exposed breasts. They visually drink in my humiliation. But they refuse to look me in the eye (that would be rude).

My eyes finally come to rest on an older man. He doesn’t turn away. Instead, he looks directly at me and I am the one to turn away. I quickly look down, but not before seeing his face clearly. His eyes are blue-gray like mine. He stands directly opposite from me on the other side of the twine rope line. For some reason, I dare not look up at him again, so I study his shoes. They’re oxblood red alligator leather loafers; subtley embossed on the center of the tongue is an alligator crawling out from under the silver buckle--Italian no doubt, very stylish, and very, very expensive. Despite my predicament, I smile, pleased to find a fellow conoiseur of fine footwear.

I scrunch my toes. My footwear at the moment is not so fine. I am barefoot, of course, with the soles of my feet pointing skyward. They still sting from the whipping I received for being a disobedient little ANIMAL X. I want to tell him I too have fancy shoes, but how can I? How is he to believe me even if I could tell him? Looking at me, any similarity in social-economic status would be impossible to believe, the contrast between his elegant foot ware and my whipped bare feet could not be greater.

I watch closely as he carefully takes a small tripod and lens out of his Gucci briefcase--which I notice has the initials RG in gold script embossed above the latch. I crane my neck to watch as he carefully screws the zoom lens onto his cellphone. He sets the tiny tripod down on the pavement, about a foot in front of the twine barrier, so the lens is pointing at my face.

Taking a monogrammed handkerchief out of his pocket he spreads it on the ground, then carefully kneels on the handkerchief so as not to dirty his chinos on the pavement. Despite the heat he doesn’t seem to be perspiring. Perched on one knee he looks confident, crisp and elegant, like he’s posing for the cover of GQ, or FORTUNE magazine.

One of the officers sees “Mr. RG” ducking under the twine to setup the camera inside the perimeter. He does not interfere. After all, “Mr. RG” is clearly a man of importance.

Staring at the image on the cellphone screen he uses one hand to hold the tripod steady as he turns the focus ring on the camera lens. He smiles as he achieves the perfect tight shot of my panicked eyes and drooling, forced smile.

He attaches another cable to the camera, and hooks that cable to a large tablet notebook he pulls from the inner pocket of his briefcase. He stands up, stares down at my image on the tablet and smiles, clearly satisfied with his work.

There are no skyboxes in the plaza but he has the next best thing. Given the size of the lens, I guess that the image is large enough to cover most of the screen on his tablet. The businessman--“Mr. RG”--in the chinos and alligator loafers is going record an extreme close up of my face as I am branded!

I try to get his attention. I wink at him, no easy feat with my mouth spread open wide by the bit. I wink again. He chuckles at the image, but does not look up from his screen.

Desperate to establish some form of human communication with him I flare my nostrils twice in quick succession. Again, he smiles. Still looking at the screen, he grabs his right earlobe and gives it a gentle yank.

I stare directly into the camera lens, pleading for mercy with my beautiful blue-grey eyes. Even though I'm only a few yards away, he continues to stare at the screen. He doesn’t bother to look up at me.

Again, he grabs his right earlobe and gives it three gentle yanks. I am puzzled.

He looks at the screen, baffled. We are both baffled together. Suddenly realizing his right is my left, he smiles and reaches to his LEFT ear, and waves his finger back and forth, underneath his earlobe.

Finally I understand. My left ear has the enormous X tag dangling from it. It must look almost life size on his screen.

Sensing what he wants I shake my head from side-to-side. My tag flops against my face. It makes a little swatting sound, like papers being dropped on a desk.

Mr. RG smiles.

Waiting a few seconds, he snaps his fingers twice in rapid succession. Again, I shake my bald head, flapping my ear tag at his command. He seems pleased.

Mr. RG shows the screen to the man and woman standing next to him. Again, he snaps his fingers twice at me in a commanding way, then points at my image on the screen. Knowing what is expected of me I shake my head and waggle my X tag for my audience’s amusement.

The girl behind him comes over to look. Soon there's a crowd gathered around his screen, chuckling as they watch me obediently shake my tag at the snap of his fingers.

A few people briefly glance up at me as if to verify the image is real. But again, no one makes eye contact with me, except through the screen. Everyone laughs as they watch me shake my animal tag, delighted that the bald little piggy waiting for her branding has been taught a trick.

I am astonished by the crowd's indifference, and the powerful psychology of officially sanctioned cruelly. With no sense of empathy or shame whatsoever, a respectable looking businessman is planning to capture my facial expression at the exact moment a branding iron burns a humiliating identification number permanently into my rump. He isn't ashamed of this. In fact, he shows others what he is doing. To a person they congratulate him for his cleverness.

I hear an evil hiss as the propane torch fires up again. I crane my head to see Victor once again playing the flame over the head of the branding iron.

Sam walks over and watches from behind as Victor methodically heats the brand. Her arms are folded and she is tapping her foot. The Marine in her wants to put us back on schedule, and she is clearly irritated at the delay.

"How much longer?" Sam asks impatiently. “I’m getting hungry.”

I can scarcely believe it. Hungry? HUNGRY? I’m about to be butt branded, and she’s hungry?

"About two minutes," Victor says. "It's already glowing dull red, the iron didn't lose much heat."

I watch, watch, watch as the branding iron gets hotter, hotter, hotter. The wait is agonizing; two minutes seems like forever. But I do not want it to end, for when it does, the heated iron will be put to use--on my rear end.

Looking to my left I see Tonya talking to Sam again. It looks like they are arguing about something. I cannot hear them. Finally, Sam shrugs, turns, and walks away.

Tonya walks toward me, stopping only when her black boots are an inch from my nose.

"Good news, ANIMAL X," Tonya says. "Because I did such a good job with your shearing and got the fresh bottle of propane, Sam has agreed to let me brand you. Won't that be nice?"

I shudder. It won't be nice at all.

“Another minute,” says Victor.

To say my feelings are mixed would be the understatement of all time. Waiting is the most horrific torture I have ever endured, but now that the wait is nearly over I wish that I could wait some more.

In a final, desperate attempt to free myself I jerk at the ropes around my wrists and ankles. They hold fast, but my struggles jerk my head back painfully and I whimper as a fresh flood of tears escapes my eyes and runs down my cheeks. In front of me, Mr. RG moves closer to his screen for a better look. I see a faint smile play across his lips as he watches my contorted face strain and cry and drool. I stare back into his lens, pleading for mercy.

He smiles and taps his ear, signaling me to shake my tag. I glare back at him.

His smile fades as he taps his ear again. I don't move. Fuck him.

I feel nauseous as I picture the fur coats in my closet and the leather bags on my bureau, the steaks and chicken I have eaten, my large shoe collection and my leather belts. Animals have suffered for me; now it is my turn. As punishment for my crimes I am taking ANIMAL X's place. Like an animal I have been sheared, whipped, stripped, tagged, and hogtied. In a few seconds I will be butt branded. The justice of my sentence does not make it easier.

I am surrounded by 300 people but I am not one of them. ANIMAL X is an animal. I have never felt so alone in my life.

“Ready,” says Victor.

With the precision and grace of a Marine, Sam walks quickly across the plaza and takes the branding iron out of Victor’s hand. She looks down at the red hot number, turning it in her hand so the ANIMAL X is upright.

She turns and peers down at me. From my position on the cement she looks like the epitome of power and authority, and even with her black shirt on I can see the outline of her biceps as she holds the branding iron.

I feel hands on me, hands on my shoulders, hands on my back, hands on my thighs. It wasn't like I could move much to begin with, but now I am completely immobile. They position themselves carefully; after all, they don't want to mob me, and need to leave enough space for the crowd and the members of our team with the video cameras to see.

Looking behind me, or even to my side is no longer an option. I know from rehearsal that Tonya is on my right, and I can feel powerful hands holding my neck and shoulders in place.

The crowd is quiet; the moment of truth is at hand. But it is the tense silence of an audience expectantly waiting for the climax of a show. I look up. In front of me in the plaza, music plays and couples hold hands. And Mr. RG's camera is pointed directly at my face.

With no ceremony whatsoever, Tonya grabs the back of my bikini bottoms and yanks them up, pulling the fabric completely into the crevice between my now fully exposed butt cheeks. I feel another wave of humiliation wash over me as I know that everyone who can see me is now staring at my bare bottom. I might as well be naked.

I jerk a bit, as much as I could jerk, as Tonya uses a large sterile bandage to rub alcohol onto my exposed butt cheek. The alcohol feels cool under the blazing hot sun, but it does not feel good. I know what is coming.

I know Sam, ever the cool professional, is simply doing her job. By contrast, I know Tonya is relishing her power over me, and every tremor of my quivering, helpless flesh is bringing her ever greater satisfaction.

Sam hands Tonya the branding iron. I can feel the searing heat of it over me as Tonya pauses.

“Brand her!”

“Yeah, brand the bitch,” someone else yells out.

“This branding head looks so big. Are we really going to be able to get it to fit on her butt cheek?” Tonya asks.

“Yeah, we measured it,” Sam’s tone is matter-of-fact, as if she were discussing putting a picture in a frame. “Press down hard, so it flattens over the curve.”

The frat boys start to chant now, and soon some of the others in the crowd join in.

“Brand. Her. Ass.”

“Brand. Her. Ass.”

“Brand. Her. Ass.”

“Brand. Her. Ass.”

I can't see anything. More humane that way. Bullshit. My terror is palpable. And I can feel the heat of the branding iron even though it’s not anywhere near my butt. Even several feet away it feels hotter than the sun, hotter than the pavement, hotter than anything I have ever seen, felt, or imagined.

Nonetheless, when the brand touches my bottom, the pain is quite simply indescribable. Waves of pain, emanating from my bottom cascade over me. Every nerve in my body screams with the agony of it. My head jerks back as I bite down into the gag so hard that I’m certain I’m going to bite through it. Despite the gag my scream is high pitched and piercing. The smell of my burning flesh wafts up into my flaring nostrils.

In front of me I see the camera, recording, recording, recording. As the intensity of the pain grows everything fades to white. My muffled scream echoes in my head. I want to pass out, die, or do ANYTHING that would ease the burning in my bottom.

When the iron is finally removed the heat goes away even as the pain rolls over me in waves. I don't sob, or scream, I simply lay there. I feel a hand stroking my bald head.

The gentle stroking stops as a knife quickly saws through the rope holding my throat to my ankles. With the pressure released my face and feet fall in unison onto the cement. My nose hits the cement hard but I do not care. I am free.

I hear Sam's voice in my ear. "You okay, sweet pea?"

I am too weak to speak. I sort of nod, my head never leaving the cement. I say nothing as a dozen hands lift me off the ground.

During rehearsals I had kicked, and screamed, and sobbed as they carried me to the "butcher's window", the display they put the ANIMAL Xs in so the crowd can see their brands. But now I am simply too exhausted to resist, or speak, or move.

My handlers do not dump me on the pavement; they set me down gently a few feet from the rope line. Steve's still bound feet are a few feet in front of my face. He is breathing, but is not doing anything. Like me, he is too exhausted, too dehumanized to even scream.

I lie on my belly, hurting, shamed, exposed, my bikini bottom buried between my butt cheeks, my top riding over my breasts. The crowd moves in quickly, ogling and photographing the fresh brand on my pale ass. Music from the ice cream truck plays in the background as I listen to their casual conversations, too brutalized to respond.

"Wow; that's a big brand! It takes up almost her whole butt cheek."

"Yeah, they really burned her ass good."

"I'd never let anyone do that to me."

"Pretty crazy all right."

"I think it's cool she did something she believes in."

"Do you think it's real?"

"No. It looks fake."

"What's that smell?"

"She pissed herself."

"Gross."

"I probably would’ve shit myself, if they put that thing on my ass."

As my senses gradually return I'm able to look at the feet of the people discussing and photographing my freshly branded ass. Sneakers, work pumps, sandals. My eyes stop to rest on a pair of red Italian alligator leather loafers.

Leather. I'll never hear that word again, or think of it, without shuddering.

I look up. He is photographing me, slowly panning his camera over my body. He photographs my face and I smile up at him. He looks at me through his screen and playfully taps his ear. I smile, and obediently shake my tag.

"Roll over," he says, betraying a slight English accent.

His voice is not rough, or demanding, but commanding. I recognize it instantly as the voice of someone who is used to having their wishes obeyed.

Mustering all my energy, I try to rock off my belly and onto my side. I fail. I try again. The third time's the charm.

There is some laughter; my breasts are now in full view and the front of my bikini is soaked with urine. The outline of my sex is clearly visible.

“Nice tits for such a skinny thing…”

"She doesn't leave much to the imagination…"

"Yeah…looks like her pussy’s as bald as her head."

"Hah, they branded her ass like a cow--but all I see is CAMEL toe!"

They laugh and chatter in front of me as if I’m a dumb animal that can’t understand what they’re saying; a dumb animal that’s just there to be gawked at. I ignore them and look up at HIM. HE is still busy photographing me, possessing me through his camera: my face, my breasts, my belly, my sex--straining through the sopping fabric of my bikini and my long legs still bound back to my wrists. He takes his time, as if drinking in every every curve, every pore, immortalizing my moment of shame. But I’m not angry. He is not mocking me, no, he is celebrating my achievement.

Most of the gear is packed as they cut Steve loose. He is strong and muscular; many of the women in the audience are staring at him, feasting on the beefcake. “Beefcake”. The word is ironic. After they finally cut him loose they have to help him stand; he pulled every muscle in his body when he was branded.

ANIMAL X PART FOUR CONCLUSION

I look at my skin. I am fair, but my skin is now red. Our practices were indoors--I didn’t think of sunscreen. I have literally been cooking on the sidewalk like the freshly branded piece of beef I now am.

I wonder if I will be able to walk at all. I wince as I imagine the soles of my painfully whipped feet on the hot cement. Nonetheless, when it is my turn and the masked figures come for me, I am grateful.

My gratitude is short lived. My handlers bring an old wooden pallet with them; the sort of thing you might use to haul paper products or boxes. Six feet long, the wooden bed is about about a foot off the ground with three wooden sides each about a foot tall. It rides on four black steel wheels and the handlers pull it by means of a long black handle attached to the front.

I look up expectantly, waiting for them to cut the bindings on my hands and feet. They don’t. Instead, Sam lifts my head and Tonya takes my feet and they unceremoniously dump me on the cart. Sam is gentler than Tonya.

They throw a large burlap tarp over me, enveloping me in blackness. The wood slats feel cool and the tarp shields me from the sun. For the first time since the ordeal began, I am not hot. But my wrists ache from the rope, and my skin is smarting from the sunburn. And I’m totally fucking terrified of what’s coming next.

“Something special,” Sam said. “Something very special.” I literally quiver with fear.

I hear the crowd following my cart talking about me, wondering what’s coming next. I don’t share their joyous excitement, mine is nervous dread. I am anxious to the point of panic. What horror lies ahead?

They take me a long way--a block, maybe two? I am jerked around on the pallet several times as they pull the cart up and down curbs. My face bounces against the wooden floor.

I struggle against the rope binding my wrist and ankles. It is hopeless. I bump, bump, bump along the street, counting the curbs, and the potholes and the seams in the sidewalk. I feel each and every one.

We finally slow, and I feel the flooring change as I go over a bump. The air feels cooler and the voices following me are muffled. Am I inside a room? It feels that way. If I am inside, why have I not been released?

The voices of the spectators are muffled, but I can still hear them.

“That’s a good price?”

“Do you think it’s real?”

“We’ll see…”

“Are they really going to chop off her head?”

“Wouldn’t surprise me.”

The last words don’t even process in my head as the burlap is ripped off and powerful hands lift me by my feet. The air is cool, and I try to process the images I see upside down. A checkered floor, a glass display window. The crowd is on the other side. Hanging slabs of meat, and displays of chicken line the window. Finally, my eyes rest on the axe in the butcher block.

“Nooooo!” I scream. Only nothing comes out. I am too exhausted, to terrified to scream. Nothing comes out.

Hands lift me up, my back facing the crowd, and carry me toward the window. I want to struggle, but cannot. They are taking me to the butcher block, and like the dumb, helpless, stupid animal that I am, I do not resist.

My feet go high in the air as they carefully position me, then let me go. I feel myself fall, but only about an inch, as the ropes around my ankles tighten. Hands leave my body. Staring at the wooden floor of the display window I strain to look up, wondering what is holding me.

The rope between my ankles is attached to a large meat hook. There are two large sides of beef to my right, one to my right. ANIMAL X is slab #3.

“Come on, let’s strip her,” Tonya says.

“Really?” one of the other handlers asked, clearly surprised. “Whose idea is this?”

“It was those frat guys,” Tonya said. “They were razzing me about how animals don’t wear bikinis, and ANIMAL X shouldn’t either. I thought it was a good point.”

“Yes,” Sam said, “I checked with my boss. As long as we keep her behind glass so no one can touch her, it’s performance art. Besides, it’s only going to be for an hour, while we have lunch.”

“Where are we eating?”

“The place across the street.”

I tense as Tonya’s meaty little fingers slowly tug at my bikini top, undoing the knot.

“They’ve got great salads.”

“Got any veggie burgers?”

The knot of my bikini top comes loose. Fresh tears run out of my eyes and down my forehead as Tony takes my bikini top away; with it goes any hope of covering my fully bare breasts.

Even as the guys ogle my breasts the small talk continues.

“Yeah, the veggie burgers are good, too. Great seasoning.”

“Not too beefy, is it? I hate it when it tastes too much like beef.”

Slab ANIMAL X swings gently on her hook as Tonya’s piggy fingers greedily untie her bikini bottoms.

“Please, not naked. Don’t leave me naked.”

Tonya allows herself a single laugh as she pulls the bikini bottom from between my butt cheeks and carries it away leaving me naked in the window.

“Do they serve tomato soup there? I don’t want anything with beef or dairy in it, though.”

My ankles ache from the suspension, and I struggle as I dangle on my meat hook. I feel Tonya scratching my unbranded butt cheek. Craning my head I see a red marker in her hand.

She has written something directly on my bottom. I feel a fresh wave of humiliation wash over me. I cannot see what she has written, but the voices through the glass give a clue.

“Prime,” a male voice says. “I’d agree. That is one prime piece of ass.”

“I don’t know. She looks sort of scrawny to me.”

“Yeah, look at those tits. Even with the nipples hard they’re hardly more than a handful.”

My butt is facing the crowd, but I am hanging in the front of a bay window. The crowd can see almost all of me simply by looking in through the sides.

“She’s shaved,” one woman observes. “I mean, not just her head. Her pussy, too.”

“Some guys like that.”

“Makes her easier to butcher, I guess.”

I am very conscious of the large butcher’s cleaver embedded in the well worn block immediately to the left of where I am hanging. Unlike the other slabs of beef I still have my head. For now. I feel so dazed and ashamed and disoriented that I’m honestly not sure how far my “special treat” will go.

I hear a commotion and watch upside down as the handlers drag the pushcart back through the door. Underneath the burlap, I see movement.

They know what they’re doing now and it only takes them a few seconds to hoist Tom up onto his meat hook. A slab of beef separates us; he is ANIMAL X #5.

The women in the crowd whistle and applaud as Tonya cuts off Tom’s speedo. Unlike me, Tom was branded on the shoulder, leaving his hairy, muscular ass unblemished.

Some of the women call out as Tonya rights “Select” on Tom’s bare rump with her big red marker.

“He’s prime! He’s prime!” one woman calls out.

“Shut up,” her friend says. “Can’t you see the sign? Prime is an extra $2 per pound.”

“Yeah. This beefcake’s a bargain.”

“Let’s go,” Sam says. “I’m hungry, and I don’t want leftovers.”

I watch as my black hooded handlers file out, remove their hoods, and walk over to the café across the street. I feel a sense of panic as they leave. They lock the front door to the “butcher shop” and check it. But Tom and I are naked in a store window with only a thin pane of glass to shield us from the large, chattering crowd. I am relieved to see them sit at an outside table, so they can watch as Tom & I dangle in the window.

I am sorry that Tom is there. Except for a few of the more obviously gay ones, the men in the crowd largely ignore him. The women, however, look at both of us. The ones who are alone and don’t have friends to chatter with pretend to read the ANIMAL X promotional materials as they look me up-and-down.

A few of the women look at me with same lust filled eyes as the men. But most of them view me with disgust.

“What a little slut. I can’t believe she let them do that to her.”

“I bet she likes it.”

“How could she? They branded her ass.”

“Some girls get off on that.”

I am one of those girls, at least when the pain isn’t overwhelming me. The hook between my legs keeps my thighs parted, but when I strain, I can squeeze them together and rub my button giving myself a bit of sweet release.

Tom has bigger problems. Some High School girls--who look to be about 18 or 19--are gathered at the side of his window giggling as they appraise his penis. They take pictures, argue about it’s length, and even take a few selfies.

“Look, he’s getting a stiffie!” says one of the girls, cackling with delight.

It’s true. Despite tears of shame in his eyes, Tom is getting an erection. He moans in shame as the laughing crowd discusses his stiffening member.

“Kind of a small willy for such a big man,” says one woman.

“Yeah. I thought it’d be bigger too when it got hard.”

“I think I’d use his tongue rather than his dick.” (Laughter)

“Well, at least we know he’s ready for stud.”

“Hey, maybe they’ll put one of those suction things on his dick and milk him.”

“That’s not how they do it. I think they jam a cattle prod up their ass and make them squirt that way.”

“I’d love to see that.”

“Well, the folks running this are across the street. Maybe we should go talk to them?”

“He’s not circumcised. Maybe they’d do that, too?”

“Yeah, I prefer cut dicks too. Do you’d think they’d do it?”

“You have money to burn, Melody. Give them a $1,000 and I bet they’ll do it. “

“I’ll put up $500!” her friend volunteered.

“Okay, but for $1,000, I want his balls too. I’ll make a leather coin purse out of the sack.”

The women laugh as the tears roll out of Tom’s eyes. Despite the cool air Tom is sweating. I can tell that their conversation is causing him to panic. As they laugh and joke he jerks against the ropes binding his wrists, too exhausted to fight, too terrified not to.

I understand what he is going through. As I hang upside down and naked, the sight of the cleaver and the chopping block a few feet from my helpless neck is totally freaking me out. Dazed and in shock, stripped, beaten and branded, with the blood rushing to our heads, in our minds anything is possible.

During our training sessions we had actually joked about “gelding the males.” Tom, like me, had been promised a surprise. The question was how far the surprise would go.

I have my own problems. Not satisfied with the view from the side of the bay window one of the fraternity bros climbs up on his tall friends shoulders so he can look down between my legs. I blush hotly and try to squeeze my thighs together. But I can only tense myself for so long, and soon he sees all of me.

“She’s wet!” he shouts.

“You’re kidding! Maybe it’s sweat?”

“No, the little slut is soaking. And her cunt’s wide open too!”

“I’m definitely buying that pussy!”

I blush hotly as I swung helplessly in the window. To my eternal shame, I am powerless to stop the asshole looking between my legs from pulling out his cellphone camera and taking close up pictures of my gaping pussy.

My friends “quick lunch” seems like it lasts for days. When they finally come and cut us down, macho Tom is still crying. He cups his balls as they lead him away.

My feet are too badly whipped to walk on them. I had checked myself into the Four Seasons, but I know I'll never make it through the lobby. Sam takes me home in her pickup, a small mercy as it allows me to lay in the truck bed with my ass skyward.

It takes several days for me to be able to walk normally, and even longer for me to be able to sit comfortably. Sam lets me stay at her place until I am able to go home. I am a hero to my group. My video goes viral.

I formally meet the businessman in the alligator shoes--Mr. RG--a few weeks later when he makes a $50,000 donation to my group. He asks me out a few weeks later. Like me, I don’t think he cares much about animal rights--our first date is at his favorite steakhouse. But he is a passionate supporter of ANIMAL X. He loves to fondle my brand when we make love. Sometimes, he strokes my unbranded cheek and says he can hardly wait for our next event.

Neither can I.

ANIMAL X PART FOUR CONCLUSION

I look at my skin. I am fair, but my skin is now red. Our practices were indoors--I didn’t think of sunscreen. I have literally been cooking on the sidewalk like the freshly branded piece of beef I now am.

I wonder if I will be able to walk at all. I wince as I imagine the soles of my painfully whipped feet on the hot cement. Nonetheless, when it is my turn and the masked figures come for me, I am grateful.

My gratitude is short lived. My handlers bring an old wooden pallet with them; the sort of thing you might use to haul paper products or boxes. Six feet long, the wooden bed is about about a foot off the ground with three wooden sides each about a foot tall. It rides on four black steel wheels and the handlers pull it by means of a long black handle attached to the front.

I look up expectantly, waiting for them to cut the bindings on my hands and feet. They don’t. Instead, Sam lifts my head and Tonya takes my feet and they unceremoniously dump me on the cart. Sam is gentler than Tonya.

They throw a large burlap tarp over me, enveloping me in blackness. The wood slats feel cool and the tarp shields me from the sun. For the first time since the ordeal began, I am not hot. But my wrists ache from the rope, and my skin is smarting from the sunburn. And I’m totally fucking terrified of what’s coming next.

“Something special,” Sam said. “Something very special.” I literally quiver with fear.

I hear the crowd following my cart talking about me, wondering what’s coming next. I don’t share their joyous excitement, mine is nervous dread. I am anxious to the point of panic. What horror lies ahead?

They take me a long way--a block, maybe two? I am jerked around on the pallet several times as they pull the cart up and down curbs. My face bounces against the wooden floor.

I struggle against the rope binding my wrist and ankles. It is hopeless. I bump, bump, bump along the street, counting the curbs, and the potholes and the seams in the sidewalk. I feel each and every one.

We finally slow, and I feel the flooring change as I go over a bump. The air feels cooler and the voices following me are muffled. Am I inside a room? It feels that way. If I am inside, why have I not been released?

The voices of the spectators are muffled, but I can still hear them.

“That’s a good price?”

“Do you think it’s real?”

“We’ll see…”

“Are they really going to chop off her head?”

“Wouldn’t surprise me.”

The last words don’t even process in my head as the burlap is ripped off and powerful hands lift me by my feet. The air is cool, and I try to process the images I see upside down. A checkered floor, a glass display window. The crowd is on the other side. Hanging slabs of meat, and displays of chicken line the window. Finally, my eyes rest on the axe in the butcher block.

“Nooooo!” I scream. Only nothing comes out. I am too exhausted, to terrified to scream. Nothing comes out.

Hands lift me up, my back facing the crowd, and carry me toward the window. I want to struggle, but cannot. They are taking me to the butcher block, and like the dumb, helpless, stupid animal that I am, I do not resist.

My feet go high in the air as they carefully position me, then let me go. I feel myself fall, but only about an inch, as the ropes around my ankles tighten. Hands leave my body. Staring at the wooden floor of the display window I strain to look up, wondering what is holding me.

The rope between my ankles is attached to a large meat hook. There are two large sides of beef to my right, one to my right. ANIMAL X is slab #3.

“Come on, let’s strip her,” Tonya says.

“Really?” one of the other handlers asked, clearly surprised. “Whose idea is this?”

“It was those frat guys,” Tonya said. “They were razzing me about how animals don’t wear bikinis, and ANIMAL X shouldn’t either. I thought it was a good point.”

“Yes,” Sam said, “I checked with my boss. As long as we keep her behind glass so no one can touch her, it’s performance art. Besides, it’s only going to be for an hour, while we have lunch.”

“Where are we eating?”

“The place across the street.”

I tense as Tonya’s meaty little fingers slowly tug at my bikini top, undoing the knot.

“They’ve got great salads.”

“Got any veggie burgers?”

The knot of my bikini top comes loose. Fresh tears run out of my eyes and down my forehead as Tony takes my bikini top away; with it goes any hope of covering my fully bare breasts.

Even as the guys ogle my breasts the small talk continues.

“Yeah, the veggie burgers are good, too. Great seasoning.”

“Not too beefy, is it? I hate it when it tastes too much like beef.”

Slab ANIMAL X swings gently on her hook as Tonya’s piggy fingers greedily untie her bikini bottoms.

“Please, not naked. Don’t leave me naked.”

Tonya allows herself a single laugh as she pulls the bikini bottom from between my butt cheeks and carries it away leaving me naked in the window.

“Do they serve tomato soup there? I don’t want anything with beef or dairy in it, though.”

My ankles ache from the suspension, and I struggle as I dangle on my meat hook. I feel Tonya scratching my unbranded butt cheek. Craning my head I see a red marker in her hand.

She has written something directly on my bottom. I feel a fresh wave of humiliation wash over me. I cannot see what she has written, but the voices through the glass give a clue.

“Prime,” a male voice says. “I’d agree. That is one prime piece of ass.”

“I don’t know. She looks sort of scrawny to me.”

“Yeah, look at those tits. Even with the nipples hard they’re hardly more than a handful.”

My butt is facing the crowd, but I am hanging in the front of a bay window. The crowd can see almost all of me simply by looking in through the sides.

“She’s shaved,” one woman observes. “I mean, not just her head. Her pussy, too.”

“Some guys like that.”

“Makes her easier to butcher, I guess.”

I am very conscious of the large butcher’s cleaver embedded in the well worn block immediately to the left of where I am hanging. Unlike the other slabs of beef I still have my head. For now. I feel so dazed and ashamed and disoriented that I’m honestly not sure how far my “special treat” will go.

I hear a commotion and watch upside down as the handlers drag the pushcart back through the door. Underneath the burlap, I see movement.

They know what they’re doing now and it only takes them a few seconds to hoist Tom up onto his meat hook. A slab of beef separates us; he is ANIMAL X #5.

The women in the crowd whistle and applaud as Tonya cuts off Tom’s speedo. Unlike me, Tom was branded on the shoulder, leaving his hairy, muscular ass unblemished.

Some of the women call out as Tonya rights “Select” on Tom’s bare rump with her big red marker.

“He’s prime! He’s prime!” one woman calls out.

“Shut up,” her friend says. “Can’t you see the sign? Prime is an extra $2 per pound.”

“Yeah. This beefcake’s a bargain.”

“Let’s go,” Sam says. “I’m hungry, and I don’t want leftovers.”

I watch as my black hooded handlers file out, remove their hoods, and walk over to the café across the street. I feel a sense of panic as they leave. They lock the front door to the “butcher shop” and check it. But Tom and I are naked in a store window with only a thin pane of glass to shield us from the large, chattering crowd. I am relieved to see them sit at an outside table, so they can watch as Tom & I dangle in the window.

I am sorry that Tom is there. Except for a few of the more obviously gay ones, the men in the crowd largely ignore him. The women, however, look at both of us. The ones who are alone and don’t have friends to chatter with pretend to read the ANIMAL X promotional materials as they look me up-and-down.

A few of the women look at me with same lust filled eyes as the men. But most of them view me with disgust.

“What a little slut. I can’t believe she let them do that to her.”

“I bet she likes it.”

“How could she? They branded her ass.”

“Some girls get off on that.”

I am one of those girls, at least when the pain isn’t overwhelming me. The hook between my legs keeps my thighs parted, but when I strain, I can squeeze them together and rub my button giving myself a bit of sweet release.

Tom has bigger problems. Some High School girls--who look to be about 18 or 19--are gathered at the side of his window giggling as they appraise his penis. They take pictures, argue about it’s length, and even take a few selfies.

“Look, he’s getting a stiffie!” says one of the girls, cackling with delight.

It’s true. Despite tears of shame in his eyes, Tom is getting an erection. He moans in shame as the laughing crowd discusses his stiffening member.

“Kind of a small willy for such a big man,” says one woman.

“Yeah. I thought it’d be bigger too when it got hard.”

“I think I’d use his tongue rather than his dick.” (Laughter)

“Well, at least we know he’s ready for stud.”

“Hey, maybe they’ll put one of those suction things on his dick and milk him.”

“That’s not how they do it. I think they jam a cattle prod up their ass and make them squirt that way.”

“I’d love to see that.”

“Well, the folks running this are across the street. Maybe we should go talk to them?”

“He’s not circumcised. Maybe they’d do that, too?”

“Yeah, I prefer cut dicks too. Do you’d think they’d do it?”

“You have money to burn, Melody. Give them a $1,000 and I bet they’ll do it. “

“I’ll put up $500!” her friend volunteered.

“Okay, but for $1,000, I want his balls too. I’ll make a leather coin purse out of the sack.”

The women laugh as the tears roll out of Tom’s eyes. Despite the cool air Tom is sweating. I can tell that their conversation is causing him to panic. As they laugh and joke he jerks against the ropes binding his wrists, too exhausted to fight, too terrified not to.

I understand what he is going through. As I hang upside down and naked, the sight of the cleaver and the chopping block a few feet from my helpless neck is totally freaking me out. Dazed and in shock, stripped, beaten and branded, with the blood rushing to our heads, in our minds anything is possible.

During our training sessions we had actually joked about “gelding the males.” Tom, like me, had been promised a surprise. The question was how far the surprise would go.

I have my own problems. Not satisfied with the view from the side of the bay window one of the fraternity bros climbs up on his tall friends shoulders so he can look down between my legs. I blush hotly and try to squeeze my thighs together. But I can only tense myself for so long, and soon he sees all of me.

“She’s wet!” he shouts.

“You’re kidding! Maybe it’s sweat?”

“No, the little slut is soaking. And her cunt’s wide open too!”

“I’m definitely buying that pussy!”

I blush hotly as I swung helplessly in the window. To my eternal shame, I am powerless to stop the asshole looking between my legs from pulling out his cellphone camera and taking close up pictures of my gaping pussy.

My friends “quick lunch” seems like it lasts for days. When they finally come and cut us down, macho Tom is still crying. He cups his balls as they lead him away.

My feet are too badly whipped to walk on them. I had checked myself into the Four Seasons, but I know I'll never make it through the lobby. Sam takes me home in her pickup, a small mercy as it allows me to lay in the truck bed with my ass skyward.

It takes several days for me to be able to walk normally, and even longer for me to be able to sit comfortably. Sam lets me stay at her place until I am able to go home. I am a hero to my group. My video goes viral.

I formally meet the businessman in the alligator shoes--Mr. RG--a few weeks later when he makes a $50,000 donation to my group. He asks me out a few weeks later. Like me, I don’t think he cares much about animal rights--our first date is at his favorite steakhouse. But he is a passionate supporter of ANIMAL X. He loves to fondle my brand when we make love. Sometimes, he strokes my unbranded cheek and says he can hardly wait for our next event.

Neither can I.
Excellent story! I really enjoyed it.

Back
Top Bottom