"anno Domini - The Bible Continues" Ep. 4 / Review / Pictures

Go to CruxDreams.com
Ave,

sorry for the lack of postings by me in recent time but there were urgent family matters I had to attend to....
Now I am back with this stuff:
"Anno Domini - The Bible Continues" Season 1 Episode 4

I dont know who has followed the series, its now at season 1, episode 11 but regarding our "special interest" there is one episode which may be of interest for our group:
Its episode 4.
In this story a rebel Jewish assassin tries to kill Pontius Pilate, but misses him and kills another Roman officer and escapes. In his rage Pilate orders that every day ten Jews are to be crucified until the assassin is being captured or is going to surrender.
The interesting point here is, that, to make the punishment for the Jew collective even worse, the Romans crucify primary their boys and very young men.
Since the series is "christian family"-friendly there is no nakedness obviously and not too much cruelty shown, but nevertheless there are some interesting scenes. In the first scene some boys are being arrested in some type of school and led directly to crucifixion. Even if I have to admit, that the "acting" of the extras they casted in the making of this episode is really pretty bad, you can see the fear in the face of the first boy who is arrested to get executed. In the next interesting scene you can see hanging him on the cross.
Its the same crucifixion method they used in episode 1 on Jesus - tall crosses with nailing through the palms. The victims were not flogged and did not have to carry their cross or crossbeam. They are directly arrested in the city and led to execution. Another scene shows a second arrest with more young men being led to Golgotha. A Roman soldier blows some type of horn as a signal for the people that the next crucifixion is about to begin.
The third interesting scene shows these young victims, after they have been stripped down to their loinclothes, arriving at the place of crucifixion (which is not being shown, what a pity) with a really cute youth with curly hair being the first. The scene closes with two soldiers throwing the dead body of another young victim onto a heap with other dead corpses.
In the last interesting scene a desparate father watches the crucifixion of his sisters young son.
All scenes are pretty short, not too gruesome and not exactly well played - but in summary its worth checking out since I have never seen crucifixion stuff with such explicit focus on the fact that (in the context of this fictional story, of course) almost every victim here is a boy or a youth.

If you are unsure if its worth getting please check out the pictures I included.

Enjoy.
best regards
Ty. first_victims.jpg boy_on_cross.jpg golgotha_corpses.jpg stripped_youth.jpg arriving_at_golgotha.jpg dead_body.jpg mass_execution.jpg father_and_son.jpg last_youth_on_cross.jpg from_behind.jpg

good start

golgotha_corpses.jpg

Come on everyone, you know the words! Sing it with me now!:D:eek::p

Some things in life are bad
They can really make you mad
Other things just make you swear and curse
When you're chewing on life's gristle
Don't grumble, give a whistle
And this'll help things turn out for the best...
And...

...always look on the bright side
of life...
(Whistle)

Always look on the light side
of life...
(Whistle)

If life seems jolly rotten
There's something you've forgotten
And that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing
When you're feeling in the dumps
Don't be silly chumps
Just purse your lips and whistle
- that's the thing.
And...always look on the bright
side of life...
(Whistle)

Come on.

Always look on the right side
of life...
(Whistle)

For life is quite absurd
And death's the final word
You must always face the curtain
with a bow
Forget about your sin - give the
audience a grin
Enjoy it - it's your last chance
anyhow.

So always look on the bright side
of death...
(Whistle)

a-Just before you draw your terminal breath...
(Whistle)

Life's a piece of shit, when you look at it
Life's a laugh and death's a joke, it's true
You'll see its all a show, keep 'em laughin as you go
Just remember that the last laugh is on you

And...
Always look on the bright side
of life...
(Whistle)

Always look on the right side
of life...

Monty Python, Life of Brian (but of course, who else?!}

Roxie you're awesome!

I haven't watched Life of Brian in ages - now I'm going to have to dig out the DVD and watch it again...

(Later today - an afternoon of interesting and innovative sex just has to come first of course...)

What can I say - I'm not the Messiah - I'm a VERY naughty girl! :D

Back
Top Bottom