Any Reason I Can't Open Any Youtube???

Go to CruxDreams.com

thehangingtree

Proconsul
Staff member
I can't open any YouTube videos from Saturday or Sunday... Anyone else?

Check whether you are using...

DP ... You take this one I had one to many whites tonight!
:doh:

PS.

Windows 7 might be your problem!

Upgrade for god sake!!!

:D

I'm not... never had problems before yesterday...

I am not experiencing a problem though Stabby mentioned she was as well so it is not just you and I am trying to work out if the difference might be they are limiting unregistered users for some reason.

I (again) can't access the ones Siss has posted on Odds & Ends,
but 'old' YouTube links (like the Coffee Grinding clip) work okay for me still.
I'm not registered with YouTube (to the best of my knowledge :rolleyes:)
Has anyone else posted a YouTube video in the past couple of days?
If anyone has or knows of one, please supply a link here
(whether you can view it yourself or not)

I (again) can't access the ones Siss has posted on Odds & Ends,
but 'old' YouTube links (like the Coffee Grinding clip) work okay for me still.
I'm not registered with YouTube (to the best of my knowledge :rolleyes:)
Has anyone else posted a YouTube video in the past couple of days?
If anyone has or knows of one, please supply a link here
(whether you can view it yourself or not)
Try this one. I posted it a few days ago on the "Now this just isn't funny" thread.
http://www.cruxforums.com/xf/threads/now-this-just-isnt-funny.1891/page-65#post-267966

It can't be coypright as I viewed it in the UK on Firefox....if it is Chrome that is the problem then Google is boning itself again :doh:

I refrain from boner quotes ............................. but

Whatever! :p

Just a minor suggestions.

Download CCleaner and use it ( the free version)!

Also Malwarebites.

Both have free versions and are safe.

Also do a defrag at least every couple of months.

And if you are still using IE ... Tree use Firefox!

Hope some of this helps.

;)

I can't open any YouTube videos from Saturday or Sunday... Anyone else?
Give me the links to the videos that are not working please and I'll check them out from this end. Also what browser are you using? (Firefox is by far the best)

Are all Youtube videos not working, or just some of them?

Are you registered with Youtube? If you are, try it without being signed in (Might be tricky if you use Chrome though as Google account all the time so they can spy on yout internet usage :( (Firefox doesn't do this)

I'm not registered with Youtube (or even Google - I don't even have a Google account for my Android phone - I just get my apps by using a third-party APK download service that pulls them from the PlayStore on my PC and then I side-load them to the phone over wifi...)

It's unlikely that malware would cause a Youtube problem (possible, but unlikely) but as the very lovely Siss points out, running a Malwarebytes scan should fix any issues there (It's always worth running the scan in Safe Mode as some viruses can prevent it working properly in normal mode)
https://www.malwarebytes.com/mwb-download/thankyou/

When you're installing Malwarebutes, be sure to uncheck the box that says "Enable free trial.." as this will run continuously in the background, totally crippling your system performance unless you have a top of the range Core i7 with 16Gb RAM. You don't need the premium version anyway - The free version is perfectly adequate, but you'll need to manually update and scan (once a week should be enough)

Alternatively, you could try using a real OS instead of that horrible toy thing that Micro$oft are pushing LOL :D

Seriously though, this problem is most likely a temporary ISP glitch, but if it's still persisting then I'll be happy to check out the videos in question to see if they work from this end (If they do, it's most likely an issue with your internet service rather than a problem on your computer).

Give me the links to the videos that are not working please and I'll check them out from this end. Also what browser are you using? (Firefox is by far the best)

Are all Youtube videos not working, or just some of them?

Are you registered with Youtube? If you are, try it without being signed in (Might be tricky if you use Chrome though as Google account all the time so they can spy on yout internet usage :( (Firefox doesn't do this)

I'm not registered with Youtube (or even Google - I don't even have a Google account for my Android phone - I just get my apps by using a third-party APK download service that pulls them from the PlayStore on my PC and then I side-load them to the phone over wifi...)

It's unlikely that malware would cause a Youtube problem (possible, but unlikely) but as the very lovely Siss points out, running a Malwarebytes scan should fix any issues there (It's always worth running the scan in Safe Mode as some viruses can prevent it working properly in normal mode)
https://www.malwarebytes.com/mwb-download/thankyou/

When you're installing Malwarebutes, be sure to uncheck the box that says "Enable free trial.." as this will run continuously in the background, totally crippling your system performance unless you have a top of the range Core i7 with 16Gb RAM. You don't need the premium version anyway - The free version is perfectly adequate, but you'll need to manually update and scan (once a week should be enough)

Alternatively, you could try using a real OS instead of that horrible toy thing that Micro$oft are pushing LOL :D

Seriously though, this problem is most likely a temporary ISP glitch, but if it's still persisting then I'll be happy to check out the videos in question to see if they work from this end (If they do, it's most likely an issue with your internet service rather than a problem on your computer).
Any videos posted on crux forms the past two days I just get a black box and the 'Y' of YouTube in the lower right corner. If I look up a video on line (Windows 7, Google- not chromed) I get YouTube without a problem...

So the question remains...

Which browser are you using?

Not Chrome got that!

???

Google regular... again it's only at CF I cannot open YouTube videos...
Well I used Chrome briefly for a time and always had a problem opening YouTube on CF with it. Google and Chrome are cousins????

Just load Firefox and try opening the same file.
If it doesn't work or you hate it, you can always delete it. :)

Back
Top Bottom