Are we back and runing ok.

Go to CruxDreams.com
I had this site go down for a couple of days around christmas (some sort of line-numbered database error list came up). I guessed it was another one of those unannounced updates gone wrong (just like the O2 mobile network last month) but it would be so great if the planned updates were announced ahead of time so that we were given the heads up, rather than being left to think that the Great Crash had happened all over again :)

Well, the break in transmission wasn't planned, I think the XenForo upgrade should have gone through smoothly, without most of us even noticing,
but it hit some unforeseen incompatibility with our database. We're working on a wholly separate route where members can get news and keep in touch if/when CF vanishes from their screens - watch this space!

The videos are still not playing.
And after a few clicks there's a bad request 400 message popping up (see screenshots)Screenshot_20190103-143015_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20190103-143428_Chrome.jpg
But it's cool to have at least the photo preview back. :)

Last edited:
Not that there is a particular problem, but there seems to have been some technical changes since yesterday. The avatars are now circular, and most of all, the 'likes' system has changed. Did I miss something?:confused:
I like the new likes,it's like the Facebook likes system,likely to be used often. lol.

As well as the fun new 'reactions' and some cosmetic changes, note the little 'online' mannikin on avatars
that shows who's online (unless they've unchecked 'show online status' in their Personal Preferences),
and also the new Bookmarks facility - the little icon at top right of each post before the number,
click your name on top bar to find your bookmarks listed when you've got some.

As well as the fun new 'reactions' and some cosmetic changes, note the little 'online' mannikin on avatars
that shows who's online (unless they've unchecked 'show online status' in their Personal Preferences),
and also the new Bookmarks facility - the little icon at top right of each post before the number,
click your name on top bar to find your bookmarks listed when you've got some.
The bookmarks facility is excellent.

There is some 'glitch' left after the last upgrade.

When in 'default' style (black background), our logo (Archimboldo's mastheads) is visible, regardless whether I am logged in or not.

When in 'light theme', I get this :

CF2.jpg

The logo is not shown (upper left corner). It does not influence the performance of the site by any means, I just wanted to report it.

Back
Top Bottom