Art Gallery

Go to CruxDreams.com
In the gallery

tas-x.jpgpublic-nude1.jpg83861-1413283368892.jpg83859-1413283369216.jpg46_1361221434_047_20130218_n.jpg45_1361221431_046_20130218_n.jpg38_1361220958_039_20130218_n.jpg1_1361216870_002_20130218_n.jpg1360870405.jpg

Interesting pic ... wondering what year that might have been ... clues in the clothing fashions? ... and even more interesting, wondering what each person might have been thinking judging by their facial expressions?

I am wondering how many professional models have had a similar experience of turning up to an "art" class where the great majority of attendees are not even pretending to draw anything.

I am wondering how many professional models have had a similar experience of turning up to an "art" class where the great majority of attendees are not even pretending to draw anything.

I keep staring at that pic, hoping to detect where the rodent is, but so far I haven't been able to spot him.

Interesting pic ... wondering what year that might have been ... clues in the clothing fashions? ... and even more interesting, wondering what each person might have been thinking judging by their facial expressions?

Several of them, particularly girls, seem to be looking at the camera rather than the model. (Clue to where the rodent is?)

Being very rash, since fashion is not really my thing, I'd say no earlier than 1980's.

Several of them, particularly girls, seem to be looking at the camera rather than the model. (Clue to where the rodent is?)

Being very rash, since fashion is not really my thing, I'd say no earlier than 1980's.

Of course! How silly of me ... he would be behind the camera, wouldn't he? :doh:

Before the 1980s? Before my time then. :rolleyes:

You must have a super HD screen! I can see 'krasnogo' which means 'red',
everything smaller is just pixels. But obviously a staged, posed picture,
they're all in their best clothes, not about to start painting, that's for sure!

Correct me if I am wrong but this pic could be very recent. Is that the year '2014' on the poster in the back?

You must have a super HD screen! I can see 'krasnogo' which means 'red',
everything smaller is just pixels. But obviously a staged, posed picture,
they're all in their best clothes, not about to start painting, that's for sure!

Hmmmmm ... I can't make out anything either. :confused:

Right - done a bit of sleulthing ;)
That's a poster for an exhibition of works by an apparently quite important
Ukrainian-Russian artist, Yuri Kalyuta, born 1957.
The exhibition was called 'Red and Black', and was open in 2013,
so you're surely right Lox, it will have still been on tour in 2014.
He evidently likes his students to model for him, especially the girls,
in the kinds of dresses and costumes they're wearing in the photo.
I can't track down the image on the poster, but there are many similar,
featuring a ginger-haired girl in a red dress.

Here he is, he's the gent in the bow tie:
01-Yury-Kalyuta.jpg
Yuri Kalyuta  _paintings_artodyssey_Юрий Калюта (7).jpg
Kalyuta master class.jpg

Last edited:
That's a rookie mistake Moore. The picture is staged to look old-timey, like those booths at fairs where you can take a picture of yourself and your friends in the Old West or Victorian times or what have you. A pro like myself spotted it right away of course, but I wanted to see what you would do with the clues in front of you...:BangHead:

Correct me if I am wrong but this pic could be very recent. Is that the year '2014' on the poster in the back?

View attachment 555748
View attachment 555749
View attachment 555750

Kaliyta_expo_20160512_0.jpg

http://art-spb.info/community/blog/?action=show&id=315

View attachment 555748
View attachment 555749
View attachment 555750
Well, that explains why they're all sitting around - they're obviously getting their pic taken with the master. The model is there for atmosphere, I expect, and to demonstrate that this is, after all, an art class. It raises the photograph of art to art in itself, which is rather, um, artistic.

Back
Top Bottom