Art Gallery

Go to CruxDreams.com
I really didn't know where to put this. Here, as it's a gallery scene. Or sacrifice altar, or one of the male crux threads. I decided here.

A member wishes for me to post this on their behalf. The picture is their work, and the words largely my paraphrase of theirs - so:

We see a framed picture of a crucified man, and next to it a relief of the goddess Ishtar. Inanna, Ishtar, Asherah, Aphrodite, Venus, goddesses worshiped, revered, and even sacrificed to over many centuries. The asherim were cult objects related to the worship of the Canaanite fertility goddess Asherah, and they are often taken to have been poles or sacred trees.

We are familiar with the cross, the tree of shame and death as used by the Romans and others. Can this cross be seen as another form of asherim, one of forms of sacrifice Goddess Ishtar, Astarte, Venus ? The cross was a gallows for criminals - there is no contradiction in my opinion. For the Goddess of war and love a sacrifice could be pigeon, or a man, especially one young and handsome.

So the picture shows a young slave, real criminal or not, perhaps innocent of the crime he is accused of, but sentenced by law of Rome, (look what we can do with our slaves, young or old, look what we can do with our property!) who is now is dying on the cross – he becomes the next gift for Venus, Ishtar etc., sacrificed on her symbolic altar, on the tree of shame and death as a lamb, or better, a young goat . . .

Is the sacrifice freely given, or reluctant? A young man, his life in front of him, taken forcibly and given to the Goddess? Or a man full of devotion, giving himself freely? It's a very interesting difference. Perhaps every suffering young man is an offering to the Goddess?

“Triumph of Femininity”

TriumphOfFemininity2.jpg

I really didn't know where to put this. Here, as it's a gallery scene. Or sacrifice altar, or one of the male crux threads. I decided here.

A member wishes for me to post this on their behalf. The picture is their work, and the words largely my paraphrase of theirs - so:

We see a framed picture of a crucified man, and next to it a relief of the goddess Ishtar. Inanna, Ishtar, Asherah, Aphrodite, Venus, goddesses worshiped, revered, and even sacrificed to over many centuries. The asherim were cult objects related to the worship of the Canaanite fertility goddess Asherah, and they are often taken to have been poles or sacred trees.

We are familiar with the cross, the tree of shame and death as used by the Romans and others. Can this cross be seen as another form of asherim, one of forms of sacrifice Goddess Ishtar, Astarte, Venus ? The cross was a gallows for criminals - there is no contradiction in my opinion. For the Goddess of war and love a sacrifice could be pigeon, or a man, especially one young and handsome.

So the picture shows a young slave, real criminal or not, perhaps innocent of the crime he is accused of, but sentenced by law of Rome, (look what we can do with our slaves, young or old, look what we can do with our property!) who is now is dying on the cross – he becomes the next gift for Venus, Ishtar etc., sacrificed on her symbolic altar, on the tree of shame and death as a lamb, or better, a young goat . . .

Is the sacrifice freely given, or reluctant? A young man, his life in front of him, taken forcibly and given to the Goddess? Or a man full of devotion, giving himself freely? It's a very interesting difference. Perhaps every suffering young man is an offering to the Goddess?

“Triumph of Femininity”

View attachment 706885

Interesting thoughts on this sacrifice. I have read that in some religions that they think that something has to be offered for the help of the Goddess or God as a thank you for their help. It could be something as simple as a fruit and flowers. Also just a drop of blood. However there are some cultures that think it has to be more in order to attract their attention but also secure what they are asking for. One last thought is that this has to be done in a respectful manner. By volunteering shows they are willing agreeing to go through with being on the cross I think would show devotion to the Goddess or God they believe in. They would also believe that this is a respectful manner in which to do it.

Interesting thoughts on this sacrifice. I have read that in some religions that they think that something has to be offered for the help of the Goddess or God as a thank you for their help. It could be something as simple as a fruit and flowers. Also just a drop of blood. However there are some cultures that think it has to be more in order to attract their attention but also secure what they are asking for. One last thought is that this has to be done in a respectful manner. By volunteering shows they are willing agreeing to go through with being on the cross I think would show devotion to the Goddess or God they believe in. They would also believe that this is a respectful manner in which to do it.

It's quite a powerful idea, that level of sacrifice, especially if it is freely given. I'm sure the Goddess appreciates the dedication of young male lives, of young male flesh!

I think it would be a great poster for the next CruxGirl Slave Rebellion!

They usually finish differently, but you can always hope Barb :)

Here are some acquisitions for the international wing of the gallery

india_khajuraho_erotic_carv5_1198x1761.jpgindia-khajuraho-23-1170x506.jpgdpa-nmk-68830.jpgvirupaksha-big-image-1-wikimedia_1429168038_725x725.jpgesdp4-30-1480483973.jpg1-Bronze-Yab-Yim-Erotic-Statue.jpgam.0012.jpg

For the sculpture gallery.
View attachment 714135View attachment 714136View attachment 714137

This is public art in an office complex in Sydney, which is home to international banks and organisations of that sort. I took these today on my phone, surprisingly racy!

The statue of Robert E. Lee in New Orleans was a fixture of my Louisiana boyhood, and it’s not there any longer. Meaning there's now an excellent display space available in the Big Easy.

093AA8F4-77DA-432F-BC3D-FA84F8A8735B.jpeg8F98A69E-A7CD-45E2-ADB1-58FF9DCDF9DD.jpeg7B243181-6DF1-43DC-B17C-7D6015EE30AD.jpeg

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

E5332D56-9833-4267-92C6-678F1248306F.jpeg

The statue of Robert E. Lee in New Orleans was a fixture of my Louisiana boyhood, and it’s not there any longer. Meaning there's now an excellent display space available in the Big Easy.

View attachment 716174View attachment 716175View attachment 716176

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

View attachment 716177

I had heard that the PC idiots were at work again, trying to change history. Maybe the Big Easy could make up for it by placing a large rotating statue of a beautiful nude woman atop the now bare pedestal.

41350.gif

I had heard that the PC idiots were at work again, trying to change history. Maybe the Big Easy could make up for it by placing a large rotating statue of a beautiful nude woman atop the now bare pedestal.

View attachment 716196

I'd imagined the statue as representing a black man and a white woman furiously fornicating.

But I’m good with your suggestion. :babeando:

I had to donate these to the gallery . . . . I had them on my wall but the women of the family found them too confronting!
GreatWallV4288.jpggreatwallv.jpg

I couldn't get away with this installation at all!
artdraft-3a28b9ca-dda3-4836-9fed-b4096a2fcfb2.jpg

The local art school asked if I would like to pose for their life class but I told them I had a small problem with that
art-class15.jpg

A local artist approached me about showing her work. I told her to pop around as I was sure I could find a spot to display her
art1450300224.33c0607361ab9ec89e6a9a76e70b7eaf.JPG
Maybe afterwards we could even find some wall space for her pieces :)

We are always looking for talent here at the gallery
artnudedrawing4.jpg

And we have a keen group of regulars who will do anything to be see the latest show
artmtl-2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom