Article: "how Did Jesus Get To Be So Hot?"

Go to CruxDreams.com
Ave,

the theme how the physical appearance of a crucifixion victim, may it be the Jesus figure or somebody else (male or female) from our fantasy, has influence on our "inspiration" we may get from crux stuff, is a regular re-occuring topic on this board, I would presume.

Regarding this theme I found a very interesting article on the web I recommend for reading.
Since this topic is not easy to find on "mainstream media", because it could be mis-understood too easy as "blasphemic", when somebody would admit that the Jesus figure on the cross may be sexually attractive, "hot" or "handsome", I was surprised to find such an article (especially the connotation found under the part "The Evolution of Jesus" .. whoa) .

Even if the articles focus lies more on the question how the apperance has changed through history and connects this question to the "Borgia" history, there are some very interesting implications connecting the theme to our favorite topics here at the forum. Check it out, if you are interested:

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/03/how...cinating-history-of-depictions-of-the-savior/

Who knows, maybe the question "It is allowed to find the man (or woman..) on the cross hot or attractive" is not as as "perverted" as we may think when we feel "guilty" (once again) because of our feelings ...

best regards
Ty.

Ave,

the theme how the physical appearance of a crucifixion victim, may it be the Jesus figure or somebody else (male or female) from our fantasy, has influence on our "inspiration" we may get from crux stuff, is a regular re-occuring topic on this board, I would presume.

Regarding this theme I found a very interesting article on the web I recommend for reading.
Since this topic is not easy to find on "mainstream media", because it could be mis-understood too easy as "blasphemic", when somebody would admit that the Jesus figure on the cross may be sexually attractive, "hot" or "handsome", I was surprised to find such an article (especially the connotation found under the part "The Evolution of Jesus" .. whoa) .

Even if the articles focus lies more on the question how the apperance has changed through history and connects this question to the "Borgia" history, there are some very interesting implications connecting the theme to our favorite topics here at the forum. Check it out, if you are interested:

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/03/how...cinating-history-of-depictions-of-the-savior/

Who knows, maybe the question "It is allowed to find the man (or woman..) on the cross hot or attractive" is not as as "perverted" as we may think when we feel "guilty" (once again) because of our feelings ...

best regards
Ty.

Interesting piece on the development in Christian imagery of a regal and beautiful Jesus. I have seen much of this elsewhere, but this is a nice synopsis. Thanks for posting.

Yes excellent article ...
Like it is saying , Jesus was an ordinary man and I think that Pier Paulo Pasolini had found the best actor to play his role in his movie: Passion by St Matthieu ...
We can add that Jesus was Arameen , a branch of Jewish people and, so, he could certainly not be blond with blue eyes !

Attachments

• pasolini 1.png
    pasolini 1.png
    94.9 KB · Views: 49
I always thought the image of Jesus as we know it comes from the Statue of Zeus sculpted by Phidias & was at Olympia. It was one of the Wonders of the World.
In about 300AD it was shifted to Constantinople and was the source of the god-like bearded face used for Christ in Byzantine art. Before that the very occasional image of Jesus showed a clean-shaven young lad.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom