Go to CruxDreams.com

Barbaria1

Rebel Leader
Staff member
Lox earlier today said "It just makes me come up with some suggestion. Maybe we could start a thread 'avatars explained', where abandoned avatars can also be preserved as a pic too." I thought his suggestion interesting. Why do people here choose the avatars they do? Where did they get them? Is there a back story behind them?

So .... Since I've recently become a serial avatar changer, I thought I might start such a thread.

1.jpg This was my first, and it lasted from when I first joined CF back in 2013 until relatively recently, which means I used it for nearly five years. It was made for me, from a photo, by MermaidHunter, one of the site's artists who has not been seen here for awhile if I am not mistaken. I wanted an avatar that showed me nailed naked and suffering on the cross, as well as one that gave a hint of defiance, or disrespect for authority, that mirrored my somewhat rebellious nature. I think MH did a pretty good job of that. The full-size version looked like this:

1.jpg

More recently I have changed avatars often, in part because I finally tired of the old one, but also because I wanted to feature some recent art done of me by other artists on the site. So here in chronological order with my thanks are the others (please correct me if I have attributed any of them to the wrong artist):

barbaria_crucified_on_the_mountain_004_by_skatingjesus-d90thsv.jpg SkatingJesus

Barbaria suffers on.jpg Wragg (Dux Rebellium)

Madiosi-2018-409-Barb3.jpg Madiosi

ph329.jpg Phlebas (Barbria Moria)

F0B0CE4E-F41D-4039-B30B-13D7F6BB5611.jpeg and most recently and currently .... Tree ... or was it someone else? In any case, I like it!

Last edited:
Baracus earlier today said "It just makes me come up with some suggestion. Maybe we could start a thread 'avatars explained', where abandoned avatars can also be preserved as a pic too." I thought his suggestion interesting. Why do people here choose the avatars they do? Where did they get them? Is there a back story behind them?

So .... Since I've recently become a serial avatar changer, I thought I might start such a thread.

View attachment 630296 This was my first, and it lasted from when I first joined CF back in 2013 until relatively recently, which means I used it for nearly five years. It was made for me, from a photo, by MermaidHunter, one of the site's artists who has not been seen here for awhile if I am not mistaken. I wanted an avatar that showed me nailed naked and suffering on the cross, as well as one that gave a hint of defiance, or disrespect for authority that mirrored my somewhat rebellious nature. I think MH did a pretty good job of that. The full-size version looked like this:

View attachment 630289

More recently I have changed avatars often, in part because I finally tired of the old one, but also because I wanted to feature some recent art done of me by other artists on the site. So here in chronological order with my thanks are the others (please correct me if I have attributed any of them to the wrong artist):

View attachment 630297 SkatingJesus

View attachment 630291 Wragg (Dux Rebellium)

View attachment 630293 Madiosi

View attachment 630295 Phlebas (Barbria Moria)

View attachment 630292 and most recently and currently .... Tree ... or was it someone else? In any case, I like it!
I never said that...... :eek::eek: LOL
Can I give Barb some demerits ?? ;)

Last edited:
Good idea for a thread! :)

My first avatar was by Zekes Graphics, an image of Milla Jovovich called 'Enduring the Process'

Enduring_The_Process____by_zekesgraphics.jpg

When I took the title 'Chronicler of Crux' I first used this image by Jason Engle

chronicler_by_jasonengle-Artist Jason Engle.jpg

Steven Peregrine painted an image called 'The Chronicler' for a 1977 book called 'The Bazaar of the Bizarre', showing a worried looking chap in a blue cape surrounded by chronicles and weird animals, including a unicorn. The only thing it lacked for perfection was, well, crux, but I found this image by Seijuuro:

seijuuro1m2.jpg

and manipped it into the background, coming up with the avatar, which I love, and that I have mostly used since:

Chronicler of Crux .jpg

Back story: http://www.cruxforums.com/xf/threads/horny-the-unicorn.5909/

For a while recently I used the Chronicler's face manipped onto a Roman toga, standing in front of a crucified Barbaria, from the series that Barb and I did called Dux Rebellium:

DR30.jpg

I used it for a while, but people were mixing me up with Barb! (Can you believe that? I never give demerits and look much less sexy on a cross! :doh:) so I have recently reverted to my former avatar.

Last edited:
and most recently and currently .... Tree ... or was it someone else? In any case, I like it!
I maniped it from somewhere... whatever, Barb deserved it...
Yes, by Tree.
As he says, he manipulated it from somewhere...
Ivdaea Capta 26 25%.jpg :D

Btw, Barb - I think you forgot to include a short-lived one of yours -
Trabant girl 2 avatar.jpg :devil:

Btw, Barb - I think you forgot to include a short-lived one of yours -
:devil:

I knew you’d bring that one up, Bobinder. I’ve been sitting back and waiting for it. If anything captures my rebelliousness and disrespect for authority, that one does. Too bad I can’t do that nailed naked to a cross.;)

My avatar is the demon form of the character from the anime series "Inu Yasha" that I chose to name myself after.
There are other versions. There's a full figure version of the same demon form:
naraku2_super.jpg
There's a human form:
naraku3.jpg
In the early episodes he was a mysterious figure wearing a white baboon hide:
naraku_halfface.jpg
And then there's the non-canonical cutesy version:
Chibi___Naraku.jpg
But, I think I like this one.
Naraku6.jpg

Mine is by Tibool, who may have been an alternate identity of the recently deceased Russian artist Nikolai Bessonov. Barb and I used quite a few of his pictures in our story, "Mine Misery".

The picture is from his story "The Cloistered Convent" on the now dormant web site, Chainganggirls. I have used it since I became active here and haven't seriously planned to change it (just kicked the idea around every now and then).

Back
Top Bottom