Go to CruxDreams.com
Okay,after much consideration,i decided,this year to revamp the less-than comfortable footrest.
Increasing the depth,and not so much the width/height,basically i flipped the wood 90 degrees.....and added 90° angle strengthening brackets to each side of the,(widened) footrest upright
Here's some photo's.....before varnish :
20200107_204356.jpg20200105_161725.jpg
After varnish :
20200107_204211.jpg20200107_204155.jpg20200107_204134.jpg

Footrest Dimensions :
(Old)
H: 9 cm W: 41.5 cm D: 3.5 cm
(New)
H: 3.5 cm W: 28.5 cm D: 9 cm

Conclusion:
The new footrest is much more sturdy,doesn't creak as much,and is easier to stand upon,whilst crucified.
Job done . :aaaaa:

Footrest #2.....
As well as revamping the original footrest,i also decided to scratchbuild a new,lower (angled) one....for a more "authentic" representation of the classic "Christ Pose",(bent knees and all that....)
Not sure of exact angle but looks like 60° the dimensions are totally different,and foot support is fatter....
Here's some photo's of both footrests, showing the differences.....etc.
(Had plenty of trial and error,whilst making it,i can assure you :facepalm: :eek::mad: !!)

20200111_204434.jpg20200111_204419.jpg20200111_210457.jpg20200111_205159.jpg20200111_204341.jpg20200111_205347.jpg20200111_203614.jpg
20200111_204247.jpg 20200112_080537.jpg
Verdict :
Well it seems sturdy/stable enough,but a little bit "creaky",however IS safe to use for brief periods.
(final pictures showing the attatchments that fix the cross-base rigidly in doorframe)

In respect of this Holy day,Good Friday....
I think I'll spend some time on my cross,in tribute to,a certain Judean,with a Spanish name.... ;)

Sadly,no pics,as my new phone doesn't have a repeat-function,on timer.... :(
Have a good one,fellow cruxees. :)

Stay safe,and keep well,Baracus.xx

Good Friday,(April 10th,2020) :
DEAR DIARY,
I am happy to announce, that,I,"Baracus",managed to spend at least 30 minutes,bound by wrists and feet,to my Indoor Cross,nude,save a ragged Loincloth,and ergo impaled,(Cornu-Style),by a Butt plug,at crotch height.
Needless to say it was a question of determination & willpower that helped me to endure/enjoy the experience of a mock-crucifixion.....
The unusually warm weather helped,as well.
I know how those poor souls condemned to suffer and die,in such ghastly fashion must have felt,as it CAN get rather uncomfortable after a fashion....
The only thing missing,(apart from nails,for pretty obvious reasons),was the flogging,beforehand... being alone sucks !!
But,hey,I'm here to tell the tale...
Would i do it again ?? YOU BET !!
Only regret was lack of a selfie-photo showing my time on the cross,but...
I did take some pics of the ropes and,stuff that enabled me to undergo the process.
Plus a mock-up of my "Easter Titlus".

Happy Ishtar,folks !! :) ;)

Stay safe,and keep well. Love,Baracus. xx
20200410_133950.jpgLeft hand Ropes
(Ignore the hooks,not used today)
20200410_135017.jpgRight hand Ropes,
(plus appropriate Crucifixion picture !!)
20200410_133925.jpg Foot Ropes,plus Footrest,
(padded,for "comfort")
20200410_134911.jpgMock-up of my Easter Titlus....
(Otherwise left blank.)
20200410_135118.jpg My "home" for today.....

20200410_135434.jpg Same,but mocked-up.....for Easter.

It went well last night total darkness bound in the crucified position went through the flogging but on my front then went straight to the crucifixion though on my own it felt there was people watchingme and the guards preparing me then bang my whole body moved as I was nailed down then started the seven sentences half way through my mouth went very dry and after 30 mins it was finished it was good I might do it again tonite

Thanks crausswild for the like
tonight I'm going to be crucified on a stake my hands top of each other then my feet tied then will again say the seven sentences let you all know what happens tomorrow

There was an interesting programme on 5Select last night about Crucifixion.
Done in a tasteful way,no excess nudity I'm afraid :(
It dealt with the discovery of two male skeletons,in Italy and Israel,that bore the hallmarks of crucifixion and they discussed the most likely way they and others,(including good old J.C) were nailed by their feet, and debunked the Bible theory.
Was interesting. And pointed out the sheer irony that such a horrible way to be executed became a recognisable symbol of Christianity !!

There was an interesting programme on 5Select last night about Crucifixion.
Done in a tasteful way,no excess nudity I'm afraid :(
It dealt with the discovery of two male skeletons,in Italy and Israel,that bore the hallmarks of crucifixion and they discussed the most likely way they and others,(including good old J.C) were nailed by their feet, and debunked the Bible theory.
Was interesting. And pointed out the sheer irony that such a horrible way to be executed became a recognisable symbol of Christianity !!
just watching it, thanks for the heads up

My mock crucifixion on a stake laying on my bed stretched out my hands tied over each other my feet tied together again in the dark doing the seven sentences my mouth dry and it felt I was being watched suffer

Back
Top Bottom