Barb In Nw Arkansas

Go to CruxDreams.com
‘Virgin Execution Avoidance Procedure’ - good old roman tradition. It's make my heart warm, to read thats to do practice in the modern times.
It is an essential part of the execution process. You don't want a virgin martyr.

Tree

...yes, Ulrika, I know Barb had been raped and buggered almost daily in the short time she had been in the ratty prison by any and every guard but it wasn't 'Official'...

It’s early (for Tree) Saturday morning. Ok it is almost 11 AM when Tree comes to visit the woman he will hang this evening. Barb is tired as she understandably did not sleep very well the night before she is hanged. She is in the death row watch cell that the lights are dimmed but never off and there two guards watching her every minute so insure she does not deny the execution his work by committing suicide.

I didn’t need to be watched. I still can’t believe they are going to hang me but I am not about to save them the work doing it for them. Who the fuck is this cowboy? He tosses down a large duffle bag, unzips it and pulls out a folding stool and sets it up. He looks at me and says “We meet again, Barbara.”

He tosses me a pack of cigarettes branded ‘Madame Wu’s’, lit up his cigarette, and tossed me his Zippo lighter. I tell him “I don’t smoke and I had my ass reamed last night looking for contraband. I think I’ll pass.”

“I cleared it with the warden and considering how many hours you have left the smoking isn’t going to kill you.”

I must admit after 4 or five Madame Wu’s I am much more relaxed. My death row cell has no windows so I don’t know what is going on outside. I say to Tree “It looked like they were setting up carnival last night.”

“I’d say they have it finished. I stopped by one booth that was offering a drink called ‘The Hanging Cherry’. I’m not into fruity drinks but this one was made with blended cherries and some potent ‘moonshine’. It got my ‘two thumbs up’” he replies.

“Christ, Tree, don’t you know that is play on words referring to a hanged woman” I ask.

prison 211.jpg

He looks bewildered at first then asks “Are you sure?”

I shake my head and ask “How long does it take?”

He looks at me and asks “how long does what take?”

“Damn it, what you came here for… How long does it take to hang me?”

“Oh, that… I figure around two and half hours” Tree says.

“WHAT? I am going to hang for two and a half hours?”

“No, Barb, you will be on the gallows about two hours while the party is going on and you shouldn’t strangle more than half hour hanged” Tree says.

I don’t think he knows this is not good news.

-Barb Moore

Tree

I comprehend a bit more than she gives me credit for!!!

Tree

“No, Barb, you will be on the gallows about two hours while the party is going on and you shouldn’t strangle more than half hour hanged” Tree says.

I don’t think he knows this is not good news.

Could've been worse, party for half an hour, hanging for two... :rolleyes:

6 PM Saturday, the ‘Barbara Moore Hanging Party’ is on…

My wrists are bound behind my back and a thick leather collar is buckled around my neck.

collar 013.jpg

A damn dog lead is attached to the collar and I am led from my cell for the last time. Try to make the best of the situation I ask “Are we going to my parole hearing?”

“Not likely but look on the bright side. You are getting out of jail” he says with a laugh. I don’t see the humor as he nearly drags me up the stairs.

collar 015.jpg

Outside the prison Main Street has been closed to traffic for my three block walk to the gallows. The pace is leisurely allowing the already drunken crowd time to grope me as I pass.

perp walk 37.jpg

I pass the barricades that separate the free area from thousand or so paying spectators and I am bound to a light standard where the ticket holders can take pictures of me…

perp walk 59.jpg

…or have their picture taken with me. Even when they grope me or make lewd remarks I stare straight ahead at the gallows less than 100 yards away.

perp walk 55.jpg

A bit before nine o’clock they free me from the light post and take me on the short walk to the stage with the gallows.

perp walk 53 a.jpg

When I get to the stairs that leads up to the platform I insist on climbing them by myself.

hang 435.jpg

As I reach the top the crowd roars. Tree is the only person there and as he reaches for me I shake my head and walk past him to the noose. In moments he has the noose around my neck. After removing the shackles from my ankles he stands up behind me. I ask why he took them off and he bluntly says I’m not going anywhere and the crowd is going to want to watch me ‘kick’. I say “You have such a genteel way with words, Tree.”

“Thanks” he replies not catching the sarcasm. “You are remarkably calm and composed for what is about to happen to you, Barb.”

I glance back and say “I am remarkably stoned. I smoked the whole pack of Madame Wu’s you gave me.”

hang 512.jpg

“I’m ready. Pull the lever or whatever you do to get this over with.”

“Not so fast, Barb” he replies.

Below me some Tinkerbelle in a miniskirt walks to the front of the stage and her amplified voice says “Good evening and welcome to Northwest Arkansas. On behalf of the Bentonville, Fayetteville, and Springdale, Arkansas Chamber of Commerce I hope you are having a great time as we close in on the main event of the night; THE HANGING OF THE BLUE STATE CONVICT BARBARA MOORE!

A huge cheer rises and after a few minutes she continues “There will be the reading of the charges the Yankee Miss Moore has been convicted of committing, the formal reading of her sentence, the invocation delivered by the Reverend Lynch, and after we sing ‘Shall We Gather at the River’ we can enjoy watching Miss Moore hang by her neck until dead starting at 10 o’clock!”

Someone yells “Just string her up now!”

She admonishes him saying “Miss Moore is gust of our state and deserves the proper formality of a judicial execution!”

hang 507 A.jpg

I turn to Tree and ask “What time is it?”

“Just a bit past 9”

“I don’t suppose you could accidentally hit the lever and skip this shit…”

-Barb Moore

Tree

She admonishes him saying “Miss Moore is gust of our state and deserves the proper formality of a judicial execution!”

View attachment 517633

Oh yes, let us celebrate the hanging party with German drinks. "Jägermeister" (Hunter-master), delicious view and drinks.

My wrists are bound behind my back and a thick leather collar is buckled around my neck.

View attachment 517630

A damn dog lead is attached to the collar and I am led from my cell for the last time. Try to make the best of the situation I ask “Are we going to my parole hearing?”

“Not likely but look on the bright side. You are getting out of jail” he says with a laugh. I don’t see the humor as he nearly drags me up the stairs.

View attachment 517631

Outside the prison Main Street has been closed to traffic for my three block walk to the gallows. The pace is leisurely allowing the already drunken crowd time to grope me as I pass.

View attachment 517635

I pass the barricades that separate the free area from thousand or so paying spectators and I am bound to a light standard where the ticket holders can take pictures of me…

View attachment 517638

…or have their picture taken with me. Even when they grope me or make lewd remarks I stare straight ahead at the gallows less than 100 yards away.

View attachment 517637

A bit before nine o’clock they free me from the light post and take me on the short walk to the stage with the gallows.

View attachment 517636

When I get to the stairs that leads up to the platform I insist on climbing them by myself.

View attachment 517632

As I reach the top the crowd roars. Tree is the only person there and as he reaches for me I shake my head and walk past him to the noose. In moments he has the noose around my neck. After removing the shackles from my ankles he stands up behind me. I ask why he took them off and he bluntly says I’m not going anywhere and the crowd is going to want to watch me ‘kick’. I say “You have such a genteel way with words, Tree.”

“Thanks” he replies not catching the sarcasm. “You are remarkably calm and composed for what is about to happen to you, Barb.”

I glance back and say “I am remarkably stoned. I smoked the whole pack of Madame Wu’s you gave me.”

View attachment 517634

“I’m ready. Pull the lever or whatever you do to get this over with.”

“Not so fast, Barb” he replies.

Below me some Tinkerbelle in a miniskirt walks to the front of the stage and her amplified voice says “Good evening and welcome to Northwest Arkansas. On behalf of the Bentonville, Fayetteville, and Springdale, Arkansas Chamber of Commerce I hope you are having a great time as we close in on the main event of the night; THE HANGING OF THE BLUE STATE CONVICT BARBARA MOORE!

A huge cheer rises and after a few minutes she continues “There will be the reading of the charges the Yankee Miss Moore has been convicted of committing, the formal reading of her sentence, the invocation delivered by the Reverend Lynch, and after we sing ‘Shall We Gather at the River’ we can enjoy watching Miss Moore hang by her neck until dead starting at 10 o’clock!”

Someone yells “Just string her up now!”

View attachment 517633

“Just a bit past 9”

“I don’t suppose you could accidentally hit the lever and skip this shit…”

-Barb Moore

Tree
perp walk 55.jpg :)

That's one for Facebook!

collar 013.jpg Owww.... not so tight ... what's the collar for anyway? :confused:

collar 015.jpg Ok, so that was a stupid question. :oops:

I'm goin' my way, no other
If I stumble, don't bother
Don't have to worry 'cause I'm here
no escaping hangin', 'cause I'm here
Quit pullin', I'm comin'

Hold on, I'm comin'
Hold on, I'm comin'
Hold on, I'm comin'

(apologies to Sam & Dave):rolleyes:

perp walk 55.jpg Now this is just plain frigging humiliating. Who is that guy? What will his wife think? :p

hang 435.jpg This one should be accompanied by a funeral dirge for background music! :eek:

hang 512.jpg It's old booze breath again. I would recognize him anywhere. Keep your hands off my tight little, pal. People are watching. :mad:

hang 507 A.jpg Uh oh, this is it. Drum roll please! :popcorn:

Btw, who is that guy in the lower left corner with the yellow hard on hat?

00028156.Little.Caprice.jpg Tree, you amaze me sometimes. This was a spectacular episode (with me as the spectacle). Dolcett would be proud of you! :devil:

View attachment 517657 Owww.... not so tight ... what's the collar for anyway? :confused:

View attachment 517658 Ok, so that was a stupid question. :oops:

I'm goin' my way, no other
If I stumble, don't bother
Don't have to worry 'cause I'm here
no escaping hangin', 'cause I'm here
Quit pullin', I'm comin'

Hold on, I'm comin'
Hold on, I'm comin'
Hold on, I'm comin'

(apologies to Sam & Dave):rolleyes:

View attachment 517660 Now this is just plain frigging humiliating. Who is that guy? What will his wife think? :p

View attachment 517659 This one should be accompanied by a funeral dirge for background music! :eek:

View attachment 517661 It's old booze breath again. I would recognize him anywhere. Keep your hands off my tight little, pal. People are watching. :mad:

View attachment 517662 Uh oh, this is it. Drum roll please! :popcorn:

Btw, who is that guy in the lower left corner with the yellow hard on hat?

View attachment 517668 Tree, you amaze me sometimes. This was a spectacular episode (with me as the spectacle). Dolcett would be proud of you! :devil:

This was a spectacular episode (with me as the spectacle). Dolcett would be proud of you!

Thank you Barb. As for old 'booze breath' I assure you what you smell has been freshly consumed.

They actually hired a stadium organist to play a rather festive funeral dirge. You don't appreciate a damn thing...

The guy in the yellow hard hat is a registered waste management engineer- a trash collector assigned to collect your body...

Anything else you need to know?

Tree

View attachment 517678 Not even for my cute little? :rolleyes:
Not even...
abbey 148.gif

Earlier that day two of the prisoners at the old jail are in the ‘potter’s field’ where one prisoner is digging Barb’s grave while being watched by a trustee. The trustee says “Your sweaty body looks so hot.”

“It is ‘so hot’ Ma’am” she replies. “I have to get this grave dug or they told me I get to try the noose too and share the grave with the Yankee bitch.”

The trustee says to her “I’ll finish the grave. You get ready to be hanged. You know you want it. ‘Life in prison’ sucks. Go wash up. You will be the closing act.”

I kiss her deeply as she tears open my white uniform. Yes I want it…
grave 008.jpg

This is hardly time for humor. I stand at the edge of the platform listening to what crimes I may have committed with a rope around my neck that feels more like a saw that can cut my head from my body.

The fucking bitch is talking about me again after most of the ‘ceremonies’ are done. I inch towards the front of the platform and arch my back. The fucking noose keeps her out of range but I wanted to piss on her head.
hang 514.jpg

…and what is with the ‘No Step’ sign on a gallows? There is no justice!

The crowd is getting loud and I look over at Tree. I ask him to make this quick.
hang 510.jpg

Tree lights another Marlboro and says “Barb, the best thing I can suggest is you don’t take a deep breath.”

After all the bullshit the crowd counts down “five… four… three… two… one...”

The platform shakes and I rise on my toes. The longest drop is the best thing I guess…

hang 513.jpg

-Barbara Moo… AWK!!!

Tree

abbey 148.gif That's not me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

hang 514.jpg That's scary enough to bring on tumescence! :rolleyes:

hang 510.jpg How about I take little baby steps? :confused:

hang 513.jpg Still frame a millisecond before ................................................... :eek:

lenny_briscoe_lo.gif Stop gloating Goldman. It doesn't become you! :mad:

I stare out at the crowd that counts down the seconds before I am hanged.

“Five… four… three… two… one…”

Bathed in floodlights I am determined to die with dignity.

Hang 345 a.jpg

Barb really is screaming “Please don’t do this to me!”

hang 139.jpg

The platform shakes and I rise on my toes. The longest drop is the best thing I guess…

The platform drops and Barb falls ¾ of a foot (25 cm) before the noose jerks her head. She is stunned momentarily but still very much alive. She sways and spins as she hangs from the noose then suddenly she opens her eyes.

hang 516.jpg

Damn what happened? This is worse than going to a bad chiropractor!

-Barb Moore… GASP

Tree

Barb is initially both overwhelmed and confused by her current ‘situation’. Tree has fashioned an excellent noose and along with the shortest of drops it is more the pressure of the rope against her throat that makes breathing laborious instead of the closing of the noose around her neck. Unfortunately for her she comes around to be quite aware of the last ten minutes of her conscious life.

At first my feet hunt for decking below me.

hang 517.jpg

Even hanged my mind knows my legs aren’t going to get five feet long to make that happen. As I twist beneath the rope I see gallows’ platform with Tree standing there lighting a cigarette. I think that it is one hell of a lot closer than the deck below me. I start thrashing to start swinging. The first time I get close my back is towards the platform and my heels can’t touch it. As I swing toward the crowd- damn, there are a lot of people down there… I realize I have to spin around…

hang 515.jpg (original art by SJ)

so my toes might reach it. They do but I can’t grip the platform and swing back towards the crowd. I’ve got to try harder! At first I wonder why ‘The Macarena’ is running through my mind when I realize it playing over the loudspeakers and the crowd below is singing and dancing along with it. Pardon me for taking a bit to get they are mocking me and my dance with death. Less than half the swings I take am I facing the gallows. A couple of time I catch it with my toes but even then the rope is too short to get my body over my feet and I swing back towards the crowd.
hang 519.jpg

How long has it been since I have been hanged? I don’t know but it feels like an eternity! More than just the weight of my body dangling from the noose is fighting me. I hadn’t noticed but the noose has been slowly closing around my neck. I can force air from my lungs but drawing in is near impossible and I feel the arteries in my neck hammer against the rope as it begins to crush them. I begin to kick trying to escape the noose.

hang 521.jpg

My vision is getting blurred when I spot a photographer on the deck below me and my last act of defiance is letting loose a stream of piss on the rodent.

hang 518.jpg

I am tired…

Barb Moore

Mere moments after pissing on the photographer, Barb has her last involuntary kicks and twitches. Fourteen minutes after being hanged she is dead.

hang 520.jpg

They would leave her hanging until midnight. By then the only people let are picking up trash and breaking down vendor stands…

hang 290.jpg

And that is the story of Barb Moore’s hanging in Northwest Arkansas. There will be a short epilogue of course…

Tree

Back
Top Bottom