Barb Moore, Spy...

Go to CruxDreams.com
Tree, let me say that while it's a topic that doesn't appeal to me, this episode and the previous one show fine writing and real depth of character in how you have presented yourself in the story. I appreciate ambiguity in situations and people much more than "Here's this bad guy and here's this poor innocent" and have tried to include ambiguous characters in my more serious stories. Real life is ambiguous. Real people are a mix of good and bad. I salute you for trying to present that and succeeding.

And your invitation to Story Discussion stands ready for you to accept if you wish. We almost never discuss politics there. Mostly stories and things happening in real life, which in my case has been quite significant in recent days.
put me in

Something tells me Persecutor Prosecutor Jolly held an agenda when he demanded Barb crucified...

I told you there was a conflict of interest!:eek:

Jolly 'just doing his job' as a prosecutor?:confused:

He is the Angel of Death, remember! :mad:So it depends what you mean by 'doing his job'.:oops:

Barb should go for appeal to a higher court because the prosecutor is no clear from the suspicion of a conflict of interest, particularly when it comes to demanding a death sentence.

You would think my job is easy. I walk in, nail someone to a cross, and sit in a lawn chair and drink. I have a great business manager with Ulrika. If I had to do the paperwork I’d have been out of business years ago. But I fucked up this time. I broke my cardinal rule of a Master Crucifixion Technician and instead of handing this one off to another union member I crucified Barb. I take the UTV down to the town and stop at the first bar I come across. I tell the bartender to leave the bottle. It’s some of the rot-gut my cousin Tiny Hangum distills.

d martin 005.jpg

It is as smooth as Seagram’s but at 180 proof burns my belly when it hits. Why didn’t I just hand this crucifixion off to someone else? Memories of Barb and me fill my head and I just nailed her to a cross.

hammer 2.jpg

I stagger walk out of the tavern to the UTV and drive it up the hill.

So this is what being crucified feels like. It is painfully interesting but I don’t recommend you experience it.

crux 315.jpg

I park my ass in my lawn chair and look up at Barb hanging from the cross. Her eyes are wet but I’m sure it’s from pain and no thought about me.

barb 002.jpg

I should have never done this. Thoughts of Barb stopping at the Tree house and the fun we had on the deck. We’d argue politics (she’s a bit left of my views).

madame wu 26.jpg

As the evenings wore on she’d loosen up.

madame wu 25.jpg

By the end of the afternoons we would be having a pretty damn good time.

madame wu 27.jpg

Don’t ask me for more details, you bastards. But now she is crucified and I fucking did it.

I look down my body. I am sweating heavily.

dan 016.jpg

I glance at Tree. I can tell he is drunk even by his standards. It couldn’t be because he crucified me. Even if he doesn’t give a damn about me I remember times at the Tree house where I would debate the crotchety old fart. He doesn’t have a thought I can agree with but he’d listen and talk and never berate me.

tree god.jpg

Why am I feeling any kind emotion to the asshole that did this to me? It’s getting dark and I’m not sure if it his bones or the lawn chair that creaks as he gets up. He walks up to me. I say “Don’t you have a hotel to go to?”

ka crux early morn.jpg

“It’s a ‘motel’ but I’ll stay with you” he says.

“Why” I ask.

“Because I should have never done this to you; I should have given this to another technician” he says.

I am mad! I tell Tree “I am not a ‘this’! I am still Barbara Moore and we’ve slept together!”

“Barb, RR Entertainment is record…”

“I really don’t care, Tree. Next time I touch the ground I’ll be dead and being buried! Have you ever thought I might like to have a friendly face around while I die?”

“No” Tree says.

Barb Moore –he’s a nice idiot

Tree

My eyes have always been sensitive to bright light and I have worn sunglasses since my teens. As Barb stands before me with her cross on her shoulder I am relieved I wear them. No one can see the tears well in my eyes as I gaze on her sweat soaked body glistening in the sun. Proudly she says “I did it, Tree, and I didn’t fall!”

View attachment 521746

“You did good Barb” I affirm. “Are you ready?”

“No but let’s get this done” she says. Bull and Gunner take the cross and set it on three short sawhorses. Barb walks over and bravely and calmly straddles the stipe. She bends her knees, sits on the cross, and then lays back on it spreading her arms to offer them to be nailed.

“I did it, Tree, and I didn’t fall” I say hoping my voice doesn’t quiver. I am soaked in sweat both from my exertion carrying the cross and the hot, humid, and sunny day. Tree tells me I did well and asks me if I am ready.

“No but let’s get done” I say as walk to the cross that Bull and Gunner have set on sawhorses. It takes deliberate concentration to keep my knees from buckling as I walk. I step over the stipe and quickly sit on it before my legs give out. My head is spinning with fear. I lay back and spread my arms out over the crossbeam to steady myself. Hoping to hide that I am near panic I say “Tree get your thumb out of your ass and get me nailed to this damn thing or I am going to go home!”

Bull grabs my ankles while Gunner holds my right wrist to the cross. Tree tucks a towel between my thighs and covers my pubis before kneeling by my left wrist. I watch him pick up the first spike and say “Aren’t you a bit late worrying about my modesty?”

“I’m not worried about your modesty. That’s to keep you from pissing on Bull” he says as he centers my wrist over the wood. He presses the point of the spike between the bones of my wrist and tells me to close eyes. I do and say “Go ahead; I am rea…”

“I am rea…” Barb says but never finishes the sentence as my hammer drives the spike through her wrist and into the cross with the first blow. Two more hits and the spike is set to my satisfaction. As I move to her right wrist Barb is whining ‘oh shit, oh shit’. Again with the first blow her arm is pinned to the cross.

View attachment 521747

Gunner gets up and pulls the urine-soaked towel from Barb’s loins as Bull lets go of her ankles. As I finish driving the spike Barb starts screaming “Stop! Stop! Oh, please stop!”

Christ I can’t believe the pain! Oh shit they can’t be doing this to me! I look side to side at the thick nails that are driven through my wrists and fixing my arms to the cross. I see the spikes but really can’t comprehend what has happened to me. I wonder where Tree… “SSSSSSSHHHHIIITTT.”

The pain has clouded Barb’s mind she doesn’t notice Gunner and Bull stack one foot over the other and place them over the stipe. The first blow drives the spike through both feet and into the cross. The spike torn muscles, tendons, ligaments, and pushed bones aside as it passed through her top foot. Her bottom foot has similar damage plus two shattered bones.

I look down my heaving body and watch Tree swing the hammer towards the spike.
View attachment 521751

The RR Entertainment drone looks down as Tree nails Barb to the cross.

View attachment 521750

The nailing is done. I don’t know how long it took but I now lay nailed to the cross that I will die hanging from. Tree circles around as if to admire what he has done to me. I ask “Is it going to hold me?”

“That you can be assured of” he says as he lights a cigarette and take a long slug from a Seagram’s bottle.

“Are you on a union break” I ask.

“No, you get raised at 1 o’clock. You have a bit more than 5 minutes to catch your breath. I suggest you use it well.”

Don’t get me wrong; my feet and wrists hurt like hell but it is nothing compared to when the spikes were being driven through them. I look at Tree and say “I think one of feet is really fucked up.”

“I wouldn’t bet against that.”

“What’s so special about one o’clock? Do you think the governor might call and grant me a reprieve?”

“That’s as likely as it snowing here this afternoon. No Barb, it’s for the television network.”

I fall silent and ponder that I wait lying nailed to a cross to satisfy so network.

View attachment 521749

The minutes drag yet all too soon it is time. Tree positions himself at the base of the cross. Two goons in hoods raise the cross to their shoulder height. One of them asks “Tree what do we do now?”

View attachment 521748

Tree huffs “You get the fuck out of the way! Bull, Gunner; take over!”

There is a bit of jostling as they do but a moment later I see the horizon swing up before as the cross nears vertical. Tree tells me to clinch my teeth as I feel the cross start to drop into the hole…

“Fuck me to tears” I whisper as I come around. I am crucified! My shoulder ache like they never have before and the spikes torture my wrists and feet. I can feel my heart pounding in my stretched chest and breathing is real work! I look over my body assessing the damage done then Tree walks up. I groan “Tree, does this cross make my breasts look small?”

View attachment 521745

“No Barb you look beautiful!”

“You’re just saying that to make me feel good…”

Barb Moore –crucified

Tree

IMG_1802.JPG Wow!!!!!!!

No one, and I mean no one, has ever done a better job of crucifying me than Tree just did in this chapter! Wet! Wet! Wet! Really good writing Tree. Not only on the crucifixion itself but on the interactions as well. What have you been drinking or smoking the last few days? The quality of the writing here is very high. Nice crux manip using my avatar too!

You would think my job is easy. I walk in, nail someone to a cross, and sit in a lawn chair and drink. I have a great business manager with Ulrika. If I had to do the paperwork I’d have been out of business years ago. But I fucked up this time. I broke my cardinal rule of a Master Crucifixion Technician and instead of handing this one off to another union member I crucified Barb. I take the UTV down to the town and stop at the first bar I come across. I tell the bartender to leave the bottle. It’s some of the rot-gut my cousin Tiny Hangum distills.

View attachment 521796

It is as smooth as Seagram’s but at 180 proof burns my belly when it hits. Why didn’t I just hand this crucifixion off to someone else? Memories of Barb and me fill my head and I just nailed her to a cross.

View attachment 521798

I stagger walk out of the tavern to the UTV and drive it up the hill.

So this is what being crucified feels like. It is painfully interesting but I don’t recommend you experience it.

View attachment 521801

I park my ass in my lawn chair and look up at Barb hanging from the cross. Her eyes are wet but I’m sure it’s from pain and no thought about me.

View attachment 521800

I should have never done this. Thoughts of Barb stopping at the Tree house and the fun we had on the deck. We’d argue politics (she’s a bit left of my views).

View attachment 521803

As the evenings wore on she’d loosen up.

View attachment 521802

By the end of the afternoons we would be having a pretty damn good time.

View attachment 521804

Don’t ask me for more details, you bastards. But now she is crucified and I fucking did it.

I look down my body. I am sweating heavily.

View attachment 521797

I glance at Tree. I can tell he is drunk even by his standards. It couldn’t be because he crucified me. Even if he doesn’t give a damn about me I remember times at the Tree house where I would debate the crotchety old fart. He doesn’t have a thought I can agree with but he’d listen and talk and never berate me.

View attachment 521805

Why am I feeling any kind emotion to the asshole that did this to me? It’s getting dark and I’m not sure if it his bones or the lawn chair that creaks as he gets up. He walks up to me. I say “Don’t you have a hotel to go to?”

View attachment 521799

“It’s a ‘motel’ but I’ll stay with you” he says.

“Why” I ask.

“Because I should have never done this to you; I should have given this to another technician” he says.

I am mad! I tell Tree “I am not a ‘this’! I am still Barbara Moore and we’ve slept together!”

“Barb, RR Entertainment is record…”

“I really don’t care, Tree. Next time I touch the ground I’ll be dead and being buried! Have you ever thought I might like to have a friendly face around while I die?”

“No” Tree says.

Barb Moore –he’s a nice idiot

Tree
Days of our lives?

The young and the restless?

There are lines here that any daytime soap would die for!

But I don't care. I love the Stacey Keach act. I love the ass in the lawnchair. The remorse is adorable. :)

He's not the hard ass he wants us to think he is. He's actually quite a romantic. Love the sentimentality!

IMG_1803.JPG Take me down from this cross and I will be all yours Old Oak! :bdsm-heart:

Oh, and he's a nice idiot too. :rolleyes:

“Tree, does this cross make my breasts look small?”

“No Barb you look beautiful!”

“You’re just saying that to make me feel good…”

Barb Moore –crucified

Some concern!:):):):)

Funny ending of a great chapter!:goodjob:

THIS IS QUITE THE LITTLE CRUSADE YOU'VE GOT GOING HERE. :rolleyes:

A crusade? After all this is Crux Forums, so why not?;)
I know it is risky. A crusade may end up then in a via cruxis. :eek:

(Well all right, in RL, I Always regard prosecutors suspiciously, since I often have the impression they do their job and duty with a kind of conflict of interest. On one hand, someone has to do the job, it is part of the justice system. On the other hand, not everyone is able or willing to do the job. But who wants do do the job of demanding to send someone to the gallows? Prosecutors often do their job with a radical zeal about law enforcement, that expresses their personal harsh view about justice should be done. In this story, this is remarkably put to the extreme, as Jolly demands a death sentence in the role of a prosecutor in the story, while the same Jolly impersonates the Angelus Mortis in his CF character).

“Ms. Moore, do you think your sentence is fair?”

Fuck yes I just wish they could make it worse.

Fair or not fair, it's what she wants. It's what she needs, it's what we all need. Make it worse? It will be bad enough. So bad it will be wonderful!

Proudly she says “I did it, Tree, and I didn’t fall!”

“You did good Barb” I affirm. “Are you ready?”

“No but let’s get this done” she says.

The whole crux experience is a test, not least the walk to the place of crucifixion. That physical feat of carrying the heavy wood, of parading your nakedness and struggling every step of the way, struggling towards that final meeting with the cross. There is something very affecting about it, about the slim woman struggling under that weight, watched but never helped, ever on to her fate.

You did good, Barb. That is great praise, from Tree. Now get on with it and make a good show.

Fair or not fair, it's what she wants. It's what she needs
Who the hell are you, Mick Jagger? Arkansas doesn't have assisted suicide and even if they did, it would apply only to the terminally ill with a doctor's approval. I may have no choice but to get down there and save her. Sorry, Barb...And Tree, just because you feel remorse over it and have written some damn good chapters that you can be proud of, that's only the first step to coming over to the side of goodness and light. ;) Eleven more to go...

(Well all right, in RL, I Always regard prosecutors suspiciously, since I often have the impression they do their job and duty with a kind of conflict of interest. On one hand, someone has to do the job, it is part of the justice system. On the other hand, not everyone is able or willing to do the job. But who wants do do the job of demanding to send someone to the gallows? Prosecutors often do their job with a radical zeal about law enforcement, that expresses their personal harsh view about justice should be done. In this story, this is remarkably put to the extreme, as Jolly demands a death sentence in the role of a prosecutor in the story, while the same Jolly impersonates the Angelus Mortis in his CF character).

There's been a lot of discussion lately in the US about the outsized power in the hands of prosecutors. Since something around 95% of cases don't go to trial, but are resolved bu plea bargains, they can ask for the maximum and force a defendant, especially a poor one with a public defender as a lawyer, to plead to a lesser charge, even when they are innocent. Also, there are a lot of cases where prosecutors have withheld important evidence that could exonerate the defendant and then later claimed it was "inadvertent" (they never seem to withhold evidence that helps their case).

Part of the problem in the US is that they are elected at the local level and the ordinary voter has a hard time judging the work prosecutors do. So the guy who vows to lock em up and throw away the key often wins.

Fair or not fair, it's what she wants. It's what she needs, it's what we all need. Make it worse? It will be bad enough. So bad it will be wonderful!

The whole crux experience is a test, not least the walk to the place of crucifixion. That physical feat of carrying the heavy wood, of parading your nakedness and struggling every step of the way, struggling towards that final meeting with the cross. There is something very affecting about it, about the slim woman struggling under that weight, watched but never helped, ever on to her fate.

You did good, Barb. That is great praise, from Tree. Now get on with it and make a good show.

You telling me it's time to twist and writhe?:confused:

Back
Top Bottom