Barbary Coast

Go to CruxDreams.com
I called Muad over to do his examination. He took his time with each captive, examining their noses and mouths, holding each breast in his hands, weighing it and judging its texture, running his hands over buttocks and thighs, and, in a final indignity, sticking two fingers into each one’s female parts to feel for the maidenhead.

Sounds like a true professional :rolleyes:

6. Late afternoon, Monday, 15 June 1803, Lady Barbara

The sheer hopelessness of our situation hit home ... not that it hadn't already left me feeling shaken and frightened ... when it became apparent that Captain Steele had managed to sell his services to our captors and that we women were to be transferred immediately to one of the pirate vessels. Steele's changing sides meant we had to worry not only about what the Barbary pirates might do to us, but what our lecherous ex-Captain might do as well. And our transfer to the swift pirate galley meant that we would be quickly on our way to the slave markets of the Barbary coast with precious little chance of being rescued.

For the rest of that afternoon, we huddled together on the deck of the galley ... six ladies and their maid servants ... watched over by the treacherous, as well as lecherous, Captain Steele. The pirate captain, whose name apparently was Karim, had disappeared into his cabin and had not returned.

Our movement was restricted, as they had us all in irons. With nothing better to do and nowhere to go, I knelt, bowed my head, and occupied myself listening to the rhythmic sounds of the galley oars and the constant drumbeat that set the pace for the oarsmen below us. My stomach growled. I was hungry. We had not eaten since dinner the night before.

Time passed. It was not until late in the afternoon before the pirate captain finally returned. I took careful stock of him. Karim was a powerfully built man with broad shoulders. He moved with a purposeful stride, and possessed the self-assured look of someone accustomed to being in command. Although his features were dark and foreign to my eyes, there was something sensuously attractive about him ... it was his eyes perhaps, or the strong jaw accentuated by a short dark beard. Whatever it was, I found I could not take my eyes from him.

At his approach, our ordinarily lethargic Captain Steele sprang to his feet, tossing aside the tankard of ale he had been nursing whenever he wasn't busy ogling our half-covered bodies. Karim spoke sharply to Steele, and although their conversation was in Arabic, the meaning was clear enough ... Karin had come to inspect his winnings.

Obsequious in his eagerness to please his new master, Steele moved among us, forcing each of us in turn to stand while he identified us by name ... carefully separating, as any Englishman would, the maid servants from the ladies.

When he got to me, I looked away feigning indifference, but was hauled to my feet by a fistful of my hair. Circling around behind me, Steele used both his hands to roughly cup my breasts, squeeze them and shake them. Grinning wickedly, he introduced me as Lady Barbara, eldest daughter of the English Duke of Cruxton.

That was bad enough, but things soon took a turn for the worse. On Karim's order, one of his men produced a whip, which was handed over to our Captain Steele. Orders were issued. Again the Arabic was indecipherable, but I knew it couldn't be good.

Judging by the smirk on his face and the gleam in his eyes, it was apparent that Steele relished his new assignment, whatever it might be. Wasting no time, he strode straight over to Lady Jane at the far end of the coffle, tucked his whip under his arm, and shouted at the girl in English, "Take your nightgown off!"

But Jane was anything but meek. Flashing her eyes and tossing her blond hair in defiance, she glared at him and replied with all the haughtiness and disdain that only a properly-bred Englishwoman can do when dealing with a social inferior, "Most certainly I shall not! In front of these foreign men, that my dear man is a most indecent request."

What followed was worse than I could imagine. Steele stepped back and promptly whipped her hard across her chest. And when she cried out and cursed him, he shouted back at her and struck twice more, sending her to her knees, screaming in shock and anguish.

Steele had made his point. The fight had gone out of Jane. She rose slowly, stripped away her nightclothes, and covered herself as best she could with her arms and hands, face red with shame.

Finished with her, Steele moved swiftly down the line, bellowing, "Alright, the rest of you get your nightgowns off!"

Whether from shock or disbelief, no one moved at first, prompting him to threaten: "Anyone else want a taste of the lash?"

That did it. Without further protest, we all hastened to strip ourselves naked. When we were through, we lined up side-by-side and apprehensively waited for what we feared might come next.

What came next was a frightfully rude examination of our bodies by one of Karim's men ... a smallish, ugly-looking character, nearly bald, with scars all over his face, a nose that had been broken more than once, and a mouth that possessed but a handful of yellowed broken teeth.

The examination was most humiliating. I tried to be stoic as he examined my mouth and nose, weighed each of my breasts in his grimy hands, brushed and teased my nipples to full erection, patted and lifted each of my ass cheeks in turn, and then ... kneeling down before me ... roughly explored the recesses of my most private parts with his thin bony fingers. I grimaced and gasped. Tears ran down my cheeks. I had never felt such shame! Never before had any man looked at me there, much less touched me!

A7926F13-F26E-49C3-AD27-EA6DD1222BB8.jpeg

When he had finished inspecting each of us, he reported back to his master. There was nodding and agreement about something. We werepromptly separated into two groups. Four of the maid servants and two of my lady friends were pushed off to one side. I could certainly understand separating the maids from their betters, but could not imagine why Lady Charlotte and Lady Primrose were forced to join them or why two of the maid servants remained with us?

In any case, what happened to the other group was most unfortunate. For some reason I could not yet fathom, they were given over to the pirate crew to do with as they pleased ... and apparently only one thing was on the eager pirates minds. Horrified I watched as the poor things were hauled off and assaulted in the most vile manner. The gang rape of two of my dear friends and the other servant girls seemed to go on interminably. Screams and hysterical cries for mercy rang out as pirate after pirate mounted and plundered their helplessly squirming prey.

"Why?" I said, turning to Steele. "Why them and not us?"

"Because you are virgins and they are not."

"Oh my!" I gasped.

"Don't worry Lady Barbara, you'll get your turn soon enough he said, chuckling to himself as he left my side to rejoin Karim. I watched as they exchanged words and nudged one another jovially, presumably with reference to what was going on over on the far side of the deck. All the while, Karim kept looking at me, and I at him. Again there was something about him that I couldn't quite grasp, something magnetic or hypnotic that commanded my attention and moved my loins despite the fact that I instinctively loathed the man.

Lady Prudence, had meanwhile edged closer to me. I could tell that she was distraught.

"Dear Barbara," she whispered in my ear. "I fear that I have not met my responsibilities as Tour chaperone. Someone should have stood up for those poor girls over there, suffering at the hands of those dreadful brigands ... and it should have been me."

"Oh Pru, do let it go. There is nothing you or anyone could have done or can do now to save their honor. The way those pirates are going at it, there is really nothing left anymore to save ... and there may have been nothing anyway if Steele is to be believed."

"He told you that?"

"Yes"

"Well, he is a pig of a man, Lady Barbara."

"In any case, Pru. Best to let it lie. We are in enough trouble already."

"No, I simply must do something." she declared, and began stomping her feet and shouting at Steele and Karim. "See here! This must be stopped at once! It is an outrage. Those dear young women are British subjects. I must protest and let it be known, right now, that you and your men shall be severely punished ... yes, I daresay hanged ... for any and all mistreatments inflicted upon their tender souls ... as soon as you are apprehended and dragged before a proper court of law . I guarantee that the brave and glorious British Navy is undoubtedly in hot pursuit at this very moment! I demand that this debauchery cease at once!"

Steele responded by stalking over ... a scowl on his face ... grabbing her by the hair, leaning his face into hers, and growling, "Shut yer trap, mouthy bitch! Tis I is in charge here, not ye. Jest in case it's gone unnoticed, ye're no longer one of the high and mighty English posh class ... lording over things ... ordering others 'bout ... Ye'er nuttin but an ordinary slave, understand? ... headed straight for the markets, to be put on display, sold and enter a life of hell, ye are!"

Then she spat in his face!

"Oh Pru! No!" I cried, but it was too late. Steele wiped spittle from his bulbous nose, eye's aflame with anger, and turned to Karim ... who nodded.

Ye're goin' to regret that!" Steele bellowed, as he dragged her by the hair straight across the deck to the main mast. Grinning pirates were already there with ropes, eager to help. They wrapped her arms around the thick round base of the mast and tied her wrists on the far side so that her naked body was pressed tight against the wood.

Steele retrieved his whip fromwhere he had dropped it on the deck and took his place behindher. A crowd of pirates gathered to watch the show. Prudence looked stunned, and had gone silent. She was about to be flogged with a cat-o-nine!

I watched as Steele leaned back, arm outstretched, eyeing her bare back, ready to strike.

"Wait!" barked Karim in English.

All eyes turned to the Pirate. Apparently he knows a bit of English, I thought to myself.

He extended his hand expectantly and said something to Steele in Arabic that I assumed meant something like "allow me".

The whip was passed. He took Steele's place behind the now visibly trembling Pru. Her worst fears were not long in coming. The whip sang as he flexed his muscular arm and slashed its way across her quivering buttocks, driving her up onto her toes and hard against the unyielding mast.

The next lash cut across here shoulder blades, the force of it causing her to twist to one side, raise one knee, and yelp with pain. Then the punishment continued, without respite, raking the poor woman's entire backside from the tops of her shoulders down to the backs of her knees.

A80CBF78-1380-46C8-A552-CBAD4F8F0986.jpeg

I closed my eyes, unwilling to witness such cruelty. And as her whipping went on, I began to cry and cringe at the terrible slapping and smacking sounds of whip against naked flesh punctuated by piercing screams and pitiful pleas for mercy ... and all that against the backdrop of the steady drum beat coming from the galley below and the wailing and moaning of the women across the deck, whose suffering was far from over, as the pirate after pirate lined up to take their turn at them.

I tried to cover my ears and thought I was about to go mad.

Last edited:
As for the virgin group, I, Steele, Muad and Rafiq would have to find ways to slake our thirst while maintaining their value at auction.
A most regrettable situation. Perhaps they could be trained to perform some sort of useful service, O Captain. It may even raise their value in the marketplace. :p:cool::devil:
Then she spat in his face!

"Oh Pru! No!" I cried, but it was too late.
Ayie!! Truly it is said the English roses have thorns, but have not the poets said that pleasure is greater where one has made efforts to gain it? ;)

Sounds like a true professional :rolleyes:
Indeed. He is most careful and meticulous. And see how they respond to his examination. ;)

I closed my eyes, unwilling to witness such cruelty. And as her whipping went on, I began to cry and cringe at the terrible slapping and smacking sounds of whip against naked flesh punctuated by piercing screams and pitiful pleas for mercy ... and all that against the backdrop of the steady drum beat coming from the galley below and the wailing and moaning of the women across the deck, whose suffering was far from over, as the pirate after pirate lined up to take their turn at them.

The slim daughter of a Duke will be fine. Fortunately the time in the marketplace and later the harem or brothel are normally less...noisy. There is generally less screaming in terror, in any case, even when there is screaming. :devil:

Actually, I do not give a penny for Captain Steele's life. He thinks he has the pirates in his pocket, but his new masters just need him now.:oops:

Where is the US Navy when you need them?:mad:

Messa, try not to enjoy their plight so much!

...or are you, like Tee, a bidder on these English tarts??? Perhaps we should pool our resources...

42D697E4-F452-461F-8797-563362BF573E.jpeg Forget it Tree! There’s not enough premium wood in all of France. You simply cannot afford the likes of a real English Lady, like Barbara!

Actually, I do not give a penny for Captain Steele's life. He thinks he has the pirates in his pocket, but his new masters just need him now.:oops:

Where is the US Navy when you need them?:mad:
The US Navy coming 1803 first to made a end with the Barbary Pirates.
But before that, the US pay on the Pirates tribute over years and lost a new Battle-Ship USS Philadelphia.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Barbary_War

I must request. On this photo this is not a cat o nine tails. Someone should corect it;).
It is either artistic freedom or poor knowledge of the English language.
The implement is once called a cat-o-nine and several times a whip.
Is a cat-o-nine a whip or is it a flogger?

"Steele retrieved his whip fromwhere he had dropped it on the deck and took his place behind her. A crowd of pirates gathered to watch the show. Prudence looked stunned, and had gone silent. She was about to be flogged with a cat-o-nine!"
A possible explanation is that Prudence can't see what's happening behind her. She has heard of the habits in the navy and she thinks she is going to be flogged wit a cat-o-nine.
The most plausible explanation however is that I don't have a cat-o-nine and I don't have any knowledge of its existence as a 3D-object. :p

View attachment 538194 And no aircraft carriers either :rolleyes:
Budget cuts?
It is either artistic freedom or poor knowledge of the English language.
The implement is once called a cat-o-nine and several times a whip.
Is a cat-o-nine a whip or a flogger?

"Steele retrieved his whip fromwhere he had dropped it on the deck and took his place behind her. A crowd of pirates gathered to watch the show. Prudence looked stunned, and had gone silent. She was about to be flogged with a cat-o-nine!"
A possible explanation is that Prudence can't see what's happening behind her. She has heard of the habits in the navy and she thinks she is going to be flogged wit a cat-o-nine.
The most plausible explanation however is that I don't have a cat-o-nine and I don't have any knowledge of its existence as a 3D-object. :p

Prudence has led a sheltered life, so would she really be up on the proper terminology for types of whips? Repertor hss led a sheltered existence in the on-line whipping world and can't be expected to come up with every type of flagellation tool invented by devious minds over many centuries.

Why? She should know what happend after this kind insubordination;). I hope other girls will be mercifull for her and will threat her horrible wounds which Barbaria will describe in next chapter, I hope:D.

Sorry to disappoint; tomorrows chapter is mine:(.

View attachment 538196 Forget it Tree! There’s not enough premium wood in all of France. You simply cannot afford the likes of a real English Lady, like Barbara!

Don't worry, we will meet some people who can.;) And they will know how to treat her too.

Back
Top Bottom