Barb's first attempt at a manip.

Go to CruxDreams.com
Like Bob says above, it's a question of ragged edges. Most of these lasso tools leave a ragged edge which may not be immediately obvious. You want to avoid ragged edges or pale or dark edges around your figures if possible. Bob and I are a bit old school and cut out our figures manually.

Ideally you want to match the size (and the quality) of the background with the figure. Large can always be made smaller, small may not look good when enlarged, depends on the quality of the image. You don't want a beautiful high res figure against a scratchy background, or vice versa.

Nice work so far Barb, and you're learning how much fun it can be. Are you using materials from the Crucifixion Manipulations Construction Kit ?
I'm part of the old school on this one, too. The lasso tools are definitely a time-saving shortcut if I want to transfer a figure or an object between backgrounds of very similar color tone, but those occasions are quite rare. In addition to the ragged edges, the lasso tools also bring over remnants of the original background along the edge of the image, which is a sure-fire "tell" of photo-manipulation and therefore runs smack against every single perfectionist fiber in me. :)

The lasso tools are definitely a time-saving shortcut if I want to transfer a figure or an object between backgrounds of very similar color tone, but those occasions are quite rare.

You always can prepare the pic which you're wanting to extract : Corel proposes a tool called " Optimal treatment of photos" with what you can play on the different parameters ( light, shadows, colors'saturation and so on ...)
More, when I've included my pic into the background , I generally rectify the cuts and I end that in using of a slight bypass with a tool called "softening" ; so, my contours are more in cohesion with the background ...

PS : tell me if you dont understand what I mean , but I dont know very much the English technical language ...:confused:

You always can prepare the pic which you're wanting to extract : Corel proposes a tool called " Optimal treatment of photos" with what you can play on the different parameters ( light, shadows, colors'saturation and so on ...)
More, when I've included my pic into the background , I generally rectify the cuts and I end that in using of a slight bypass with a tool called "softening" ; so, my contours are more in cohesion with the background ...

PS : tell me if you dont understand what I mean , but I dont know very much the English technical language ...:confused:
Yep, this is all very advanced Photoshop-speak to me. :D As I mentioned before, I probably use about 5% of all functions and tools available from that very sophisticated program, and whatever I do I probably do it the hard way--meaning the old-fashioned, labor-intensive way.

There is so much to learn about Photoshop...I've gotta find those tools you mentioned, try them out, and see exactly what they do. Thanks, Messaline!

Yep, this is all very advanced Photoshop-speak to me. :D As I mentioned before, I probably use about 5% of all functions and tools available from that very sophisticated program, and whatever I do I probably do it the hard way--meaning the old-fashioned, labor-intensive way.

There is so much to learn about Photoshop...I've gotta find those tools you mentioned, try them out, and see exactly what they do. Thanks, Messaline!
We want a bit more life in this thread:
http://www.cruxforums.com/xf/threads/how-to-talk-for-artists-and-users.6199/
Please look in and share with us, your skills!

Back
Top Bottom