Barb's first attempt at a manip.

Go to CruxDreams.com
View attachment 682705I seem to have gotten myself into a bit of trouble with the Carabinieri in Rome .... I told them that my friend over in the cafe would vouch for me. Tell them it was just a crazy tourist stunt, ok? ... no harm done ... Ok? ... OK? ... What do you mean you've never seen me before? Geeze, Goldman!
This is good work, Moore. Now we can bust the sex ring inside the Italian prison system. We'll be heroes in two countries...

I seem to have gotten myself into a bit of trouble with the Carabinieri in Rome .... I told them that my friend over in the cafe would vouch for me. Tell them it was just a crazy tourist stunt, ok? ... no harm done ... Ok? ... OK? ... What do you mean you've never seen me before? Geeze, Goldman!
Nice work, Barb - perspective and scaling of figures is very good. :)
Did you find it helpful to work on a large background for this one?

Credit to Madi on the background pic. I saw possibilities in the depth of perspective with the cafe drink in the foreground and the depth provided by the figures in the square, the fountain and the Pantheon at the far side of the square.

Credit to Madi on the background pic. I saw possibilities in the depth of perspective with the cafe drink in the foreground and the depth provided by the figures in the square, the fountain and the Pantheon at the far side of the square.
Yes, there are close-up foreground elements and a lot of detail moving through the scene into the distance - and it is all in focus, which helps in many ways.
I find that large backgrounds provide more flexibility for the manip process, as well as finer detail.
I think the challenge here is in placing the inserted figures precisely in a convincing location, and making sure they are the correct size in relation to the existing figures and perspective considerations.
And you have done well in achieving this. :)

You've probably noticed that some of the pics I've posted are Manips. I usually do them on my I-phone with various apps that are available. I try to adjust colors and use stock backgrounds which are easily downloaded. The hardest part is getting the images of people smooth to look like they are part of the background picture and the background doesn't overwhelm the image. Perspective is the most important part of any picture.
With practice you will learn how to do these things, but you should always remember to view your work with an artist's eye and not necessarily a writers mind.

View attachment 682705I seem to have gotten myself into a bit of trouble with the Carabinieri in Rome .... I told them that my friend over in the cafe would vouch for me. Tell them it was just a crazy tourist stunt, ok? ... no harm done ... Ok? ... OK? ... What do you mean you've never seen me before? Geeze, Goldman!

Very good manip!:clapping:

But some bad idea to jump naked into the Trevi Fountain!:confused:
"Have you ever heard of the Mamertine Prison, Signora? That's where we bring unruly tourists like you to get you twenty lashes. Appropriate and quick punishment, AND a live experience in a true historical setting! As if you were really back in Ancient times! Thank you for visiting Rome!"

"Have you ever heard of the Mamertine Prison, Signora? That's where we bring unruly tourists like you to get you twenty lashes. Appropriate and quick punishment, AND a live experience in a true historical setting! As if you were really back in Ancient times! Thank you for visiting Rome!"

Uh oh .... would you accept a little bribe?

In that story, if I recall correctly, Bob and I were kind to Barb and let her off after 8 lashes, in return for some sexual favors. So, are you saying we still owe her a dozen?:eek::popcorn::D

Sexual favors under duress are not favors :confused:

Nope! Twenty! Roman law did not allow concurrent punishments!:firedevil:

Oh Shit! :facepalm:

BTW, the AperolSpritz was delicious.

Back
Top Bottom