Poet Laureate
Staff member
Here's the first part of a 'novel' I'm working on -
it's dedicated with affection (and in the hope that it won't offend) IM,
and to the memory of Makar,
to both of whom CruxForums owe so much.

Beauty and the Russian Beast

Tribute_11_by_Red_Draken.jpg

Eighteen years hard labour! Eighteen years! I’ll be forty-five … no don’t even think about that, it’s the death sentence, a long, slow, freezing cold death …

The train-truck shudders and creaks its way across the endless tundra. I glance around in the dim light through the wooden slats that imprison us at the female bodies huddled together, silent, glazed, hopeless… one in the corner, pale, slim, no more than a kid …

Like I was when we were ‘liberated’. Eighteen years, that’s how long I’d lived then. Those last few days, bombs thudding, guns rattling, shells whistling past, planes droning over. Yet all we could think about was food, getting it wherever we could, scrapping mouldy potatoes, digging for roots, picking berries, guddling for tiny fish in the swamp, anything we could find. Mamma refused to eat, she made my sister and me have it, though we could see she was growing weaker by the day.

The Germans had pulled out, burning, destroying, smashing anything that could possibly be of use to the Red Army. We, in our battered little farmhouse, were stranded, out in a smouldering no-man’s land. Then the Russians came, tanks first, rattling past in a deafening roar, then truckloads of soldiers. We stood outside to watch, pale, disinterested. We’d seen the Germans – I was only thirteen when they arrived, spruce and polished in their dark uniforms, wretchedly ragged when they left. The Russians didn’t look much different, tired, dishevelled, but cocky with the scent of victory, some of them singing deep-throated tunes like we kept hearing now we’d started listening to Radio Moscow.

Borys, the crazy old pig-keeper, had gone on mumbling all through the war about how much better things would be under Communism, we wished he’d shut up, Mamma said he’d only get us all in trouble with the Gestapo. Now he was across the track, grinning, waving a tattered red curtain by way of a welcoming flag. But we girls had no hopes for heaven on earth, just enough food for mamma and us two was all we asked – and the sight of sweaty young soldiers, most of them no older than we were, was worth coming outside for. One truck passed close, the boys in it whistled, we blushed, waved back to them.

The Red Army moved on towards our little market town, we went inside for a supper of a handful of mushrooms. Borys staggered in with a bottle of village vodka he’d been hiding, he’d obviously already started celebrating. Mamma politely refused it, but her hollowed-out eyes lit up when he produced some strips of dried pig-skin, she begged him to take a few kopeks in payment, but he wouldn’t, “Everything’s common property now!” He lurched back to his hut, chanting a confused apology for The Internationale. We – even Mamma – chewed on the pig-skin like it was priceless pâté.

•••

We were woken by a loud lorry engine, shouting, hammering at the door. Mamma, still up, clearing the house in her anxious way, opened the door a crack and peeped out. “Devochki! Devochki!” men’s voices shouted – we recognised, “Dziewczynky” we’d say, “girls!” It’s us they’ve come for!

“Nie! Nie!” Mamma cried, trying to push the door shut, but a huge kick with a booted foot cracked it off its hinges, and in seconds eight burly men were in our kitchen, Nastusja and I in our nightshirts, clinging to each other outside the bedroom door.

One of the men, with chevrons on his lapel, a sergeant or something, was holding a whip, an old cart-whip. He’d have picked it up in a farmhouse, they’re common enough, not much use since all the cart-horses were turned into meat. He waved it unsteadily at us two, signalling us to come into the middle of the room – to be inspected.

In the light of our one oil-lamp, I could see their faces, ruddy and grinning, they’d obviously been drinking. I recognised them, the lads who’d whistled at us. They still excited my young breasts, but they looked threatening now.

Without warning, one of them lurched at me, grabbed at my hips, started hauling up my nightshirt. I cried out, made a feeble attempt to push him away, hearing mother shriek “Nie!” yet again – another man pushed her to the floor and held a pistol to her head. I knew I had to co-operate, lifted my arms – two or three others were groping at me now.

Suddenly Nastusja screamed, “leave her alone! Bastards!” and flung herself at them, her fists flailing. “No, Nastja!” I yelled, “Don’t! You’ll only….” But it was too late, they’d all turned on her, leaving me shaking as my nightdress slipped back down over my body. My sister had gone wild, she was a powerful young woman, could throw a punch like a boxer, and she was struggling, biting, kicking and twisting like a fury as seven tough men fought to subdue her.

But the sergeant wasn’t taking part. He was leaving it to his men, while he looked around our kitchen. I saw him smile cruelly when he picked up a tin tray. He crossed to the table, pulled out one of the wooden chairs, stamped with his boot through the straw seat, and placed the tin tray over the hole he’d made.

By now they’d just about got Nastja under control, two men gripping each arm, another pistol-whipping her across the face, his colleague using mamma’s rolling pin to crack her bare shins to try to stop her kicking. Mamma was kneeling, sobbing, her guard still holding his gun to her head.

The sergeant gave an instruction, they dragged my sister back to where he’d placed the chair and was holding it ready. They forced her to sit on it, tugged her arms behind it, one of them slipped quickly outside to their truck and returned with a hank of barbed wire and a heavy pair of Red Army issue wire cutters/pincers. As she squirmed and squealed, I thought of Borys’s pigs being bound for slaughter. They wound the wire tight around her bare wrists, twisted it even tighter with the pincers, bound her securely to the back of the chair, making doubly sure with further strands of wire around her upper arms.

Now the sergeant drew a knife, held it in front of Nastja’s face – she glared, swore at him, then yelped as he slashed it across the top of her nightshirt above her breasts, ripping it under the arms, tearing the shoulders. After that, it was an easy job for a soldier to pull it down and off her, along with the knickers she had on underneath. They tied another piece of wire tightly around her starveling’s waist, I could see the barbs piercing her white, hollow abdomen, dark blood oozing. While two were doing this, her legs were forced apart by the others, her feet pulled back and wired to the crossbar between the chair-legs, so she was fixed, naked, exposed.

Her eyes were blazing, as if challenging them to do their worst. The sergeant picked up his whip again, stood feet wide apart, much steadier now than when he’d first invaded us, a look of concentrated hatred on his face. Suddenly, he raised his arm and swung a vicious lash right across her breasts, she squealed, tossed her black hair back, the soldiers cheered.

She soon recovered her composure, swore at him again in Polish. Again he lashed her, and again, catching her face so her lip started bleeding, cutting weals across her collarbone, upper arms, ribs, raising red bruises on her breasts.

Still she was defiant. It was a contest between my sister’s naked, defenceless defiance and ruthless determination to break her. I was horrified, terrified, yet feeling excited, eager to cheer her on – but I knew better than to shout, that gun by mamma’s head urged restraint – I was even wishing I could be bound to a chair alongside her.

But now the sergeant had another tactic. He spoke quietly to one of the men, who took the oil-lamp from the table and brought it towards the chair. I saw Nastusja shrink, heard mamma quietly croak another “Nie!”, shuddered as I realised what was coming.

Two soldiers held the chair and Nastja’s shoulders in a tight grip as their colleague positioned the lamp under the chair, under the tin tray. Instructed by the sergeant, they adjusted the wick so the light was quite low, and the room was in shadowy darkness except for the terrible brightness under my sister’s bare bottom.

At first she just panted, wiggled slightly, testing how far she could move – not much! Soon, her twisting became more vigorous, her legs and hips thrusting against the tight-twisted wires tearing at her skin, her upper body squirming so her bruised breasts tossed in the glimmering twilight, her raven head swung back and forth. The kitchen filled with a sickly scent of cooking flesh, the taste of the dried pig-skin refluxed in my mouth. She was gasping, trying not to scream, but her resistance was breaking.

Suddenly she gave out a deafening shriek, began hurling her body furiously, the men had to grab hard at the chair to prevent it from tipping. The sergeant started whipping her again, harder and harder the louder she screamed. “Go on cunt, yell for mercy!” he shouted. Still she responded with Polish swear-words, more and more vicious grew his lashes…

Her head suddenly dropped forward, “Stop! Stop, please stop….” She was sobbing. Her tormentor just laughed. “That’s more like it, Polish slut … beg for mercy, beg the Red Army to fuck you to death, beg for anything but this….”

It seemed endless, the wait, Nastja was jerking, gasping, yelping, yet still not speaking the words they wanted to hear. She seemed delirious, her eyes were glazing over. And my whole body seemed to be sharing her struggle, my heart pounding, wild excitement was racing through me. Suddenly, out of the silent darkness of the corner of the kitchen, I heard my own voice so loud it echoed in the roof-space, “Stop!!! Leave her, please let her go …. Do it to me!!!”

Last edited:

Eighteen years hard labour! Eighteen years! I’ll be forty … no don’t even think about that, it’s the death sentence, a long, slow, freezing cold death …

The train-truck shudders and creaks its way across the endless tundra. I glance around in the dim light through the wooden slats that imprison us at the female bodies huddled together, silent, glazed, hopeless… one in the corner, pale, slim, no more than a kid …

Like I was when we were ‘liberated’. Eighteen years, that’s how long I’d lived then. Those last few days, bombs thudding, guns rattling, shells whistling past, planes droning over. Yet all we could think about was food, getting it wherever we could, scrapping mouldy potatoes, digging for roots, picking berries, guddling for tiny fish in the swamp, anything we could find. Mamma refused to eat, she made my sister and me have it, though we could see she was growing weaker by the day.

The Germans had pulled out, burning, destroying, smashing anything that could possibly be of use to the Red Army. We, in our battered little farmhouse, were stranded, out in a smouldering no-man’s land. Then the Russians came, tanks first, rattling past in a deafening roar, then truckloads of soldiers. We stood outside to watch, pale, disinterested. We’d seen the Germans – I was only fifteen when they arrived, spruce and polished in their dark uniforms, wretchedly ragged when they left. The Russians didn’t look much different, tired, dishevelled, but cocky with the scent of victory, some of them singing deep-throated tunes like we kept hearing now we’d started listening to Radio Moscow.

Borys, the crazy old pig-keeper, had gone on mumbling all through the war about how much better things would be under Communism, we wished he’d shut up, Mamma said he’d only get us all in trouble with the Gestapo. Now he was across the track, grinning, waving a tattered red curtain by way of a welcoming flag. But we girls had no hopes for heaven on earth, just enough food for mamma and us two was all we asked – and the sight of sweaty young soldiers, most of them no older than we were, was worth coming outside for. One truck passed close, the boys in it whistled, we blushed, waved back to them.

The Red Army moved on towards our little market town, we went inside for a supper of a handful of mushrooms. Borys staggered in with a bottle of village vodka he’d been hiding, he’d obviously already started celebrating. Mamma politely refused it, but her hollowed-out eyes lit up when he produced some strips of dried pig-skin, she begged him to take a few kopeks in payment, but he wouldn’t, “Everything’s common property now!” He lurched back to his hut, chanting a confused apology for The Internationale. We – even Mamma – chewed on the pig-skin like it was priceless pâté.

•••

We were woken by a loud lorry engine, shouting, hammering at the door. Mamma, still up, clearing the house in her anxious way, opened the door a crack and peeped out. “Devochki! Devochki!” men’s voices shouted – we recognised, “Dziewczynky” we’d say, “girls!” It’s us they’ve come for!

“Nie! Nie!” Mamma cried, trying to push the door shut, but a huge kick with a booted foot cracked it off its hinges, and in seconds eight burly men were in our kitchen, Nastusja and I in our nightshirts, clinging to each other outside the bedroom door.

One of the men, with chevrons on his lapel, a sergeant or something, was holding a whip, an old cart-whip. He’d have picked it up in a farmhouse, they’re common enough, not much use since all the cart-horses were turned into meat. He waved it unsteadily at us two, signalling us to come into the middle of the room – to be inspected.

In the light of our one oil-lamp, I could see their faces, ruddy and grinning, they’d obviously been drinking. I recognised them, the lads who’d whistled at us. They still excited my young breasts, but they looked threatening now.

Without warning, one of them lurched at me, grabbed at my hips, started hauling up my nightshirt. I cried out, made a feeble attempt to push him away, hearing mother shriek “Nie!” yet again – another man pushed her to the floor and held a pistol to her head. I knew I had to co-operate, lifted my arms – two or three others were groping at me now.

Suddenly Nastusja screamed, “leave her alone! Bastards!” and flung herself at them, her fists flailing. “No, Nastja!” I yelled, “Don’t! You’ll only….” But it was too late, they’d all turned on her, leaving me shaking as my nightdress slipped back down over my body. My sister had gone wild, she was a powerful young woman, could throw a punch like a boxer, and she was struggling, biting, kicking and twisting like a fury as seven tough men fought to subdue her.

But the sergeant wasn’t taking part. He was leaving it to his men, while he looked around our kitchen. I saw him smile cruelly when he picked up a tin tray. He crossed to the table, pulled out one of the wooden chairs, stamped with his boot through the straw seat, and placed the tin tray over the hole he’d made.

By now they’d just about got Nastja under control, two men gripping each arm, another pistol-whipping her across the face, his colleague using mamma’s rolling pin to crack her bare shins to try to stop her kicking. Mamma was kneeling, sobbing, her guard still holding his gun to her head.

The sergeant gave an instruction, they dragged my sister back to where he’d placed the chair and was holding it ready. They forced her to sit on it, tugged her arms behind it, one of them slipped quickly outside to their truck and returned with a hank of barbed wire and a heavy pair of Red Army issue wire cutters/pincers. As she squirmed and squealed, I thought of Borys’s pigs being bound for slaughter. They wound the wire tight around her bare wrists, twisted it even tighter with the pincers, bound her securely to the back of the chair, making doubly sure with further strands of wire around her upper arms.

Now the sergeant drew a knife, held it in front of Nastja’s face – she glared, swore at him, then yelped as he slashed it across the top of her nightshirt above her breasts, ripping it under the arms, tearing the shoulders. After that, it was an easy job for a soldier to pull it down and off her, along with the knickers she had on underneath. They tied another piece of wire tightly around her starveling’s waist, I could see the barbs piercing her white, hollow abdomen, dark blood oozing. While two were doing this, her legs were forced apart by the others, her feet pulled back and wired to the crossbar between the chair-legs, so she was fixed, naked, exposed.

Her eyes were blazing, as if challenging them to do their worst. The sergeant picked up his whip again, stood feet wide apart, much steadier now than when he’d first invaded us, a look of concentrated hatred on his face. Suddenly, he raised his arm and swung a vicious lash right across her breasts, she squealed, tossed her black hair back, the soldiers cheered.

She soon recovered her composure, swore at him again in Polish. Again he lashed her, and again, catching her face so her lip started bleeding, cutting weals across her collarbone, upper arms, ribs, raising red bruises on her breasts.

Still she was defiant. It was a contest between my sister’s naked, defenceless defiance and ruthless determination to break her. I was horrified, terrified, yet feeling excited, eager to cheer her on – but I knew better than to shout, that gun by mamma’s head urged restraint – I was even wishing I could be bound to a chair alongside her.

But now the sergeant had another tactic. He spoke quietly to one of the men, who took the oil-lamp from the table and brought it towards the chair. I saw Nastusja shrink, heard mamma quietly croak another “Nie!”, shuddered as I realised what was coming.

Two soldiers held the chair and Nastja’s shoulders in a tight grip as their colleague positioned the lamp under the chair, under the tin tray. Instructed by the sergeant, they adjusted the wick so the light was quite low, and the room was in shadowy darkness except for the terrible brightness under my sister’s bare bottom.

At first she just panted, wiggled slightly, testing how far she could move – not much! Soon, her twisting became more vigorous, her legs and hips thrusting against the tight-twisted wires tearing at her skin, her upper body squirming so her bruised breasts tossed in the glimmering twilight, her raven head swung back and forth. The kitchen filled with a sickly scent of cooking flesh, the taste of the dried pig-skin refluxed in my mouth. She was gasping, trying not to scream, but her resistance was breaking.

Suddenly she gave out a deafening shriek, began hurling her body furiously, the men had to grab hard at the chair to prevent it from tipping. The sergeant started whipping her again, harder and harder the louder she screamed. “Go on cunt, yell for mercy!” he shouted. Still she responded with Polish swear-words, more and more vicious grew his lashes…

Her head suddenly dropped forward, “Stop! Stop, please stop….” She was sobbing. Her tormentor just laughed. “That’s more like it, Polish slut … beg for mercy, beg the Red Army to fuck you to death, beg for anything but this….”

It seemed endless, the wait, Nastja was jerking, gasping, yelping, yet still not speaking the words they wanted to hear. She seemed delirious, her eyes were glazing over. And my whole body seemed to be sharing her struggle, my heart pounding, wild excitement was racing through me. Suddenly, out of the silent darkness of the corner of the kitchen, I heard my own voice so loud it echoed in the roof-space, “Stop!!! Leave her, please let her go …. Do it to me!!!”
brilliant, Eulalia. Can't wait for the next episodes.

My opinion might not be approved by many, especially during nowadays' anti-Russian winds over Europe... But some things are to stay untouched, like good memory of selfless feat of heroism made by soviet soldiers who played the very main role in fight with terror known as fascism. Some things are sacred, like that good memory.
I prefer not to speak for others, especially those who's not with us anymore, but were I on Makar's place, I would have been offended by such dedication, for it would offend my homeland's history (as far as I know, Makar was Russian).
For me, a person who portrays the national heroes in that fashion is no better than those they fought with.

With all respect to a good work
J.D.

Eighteen years hard labour! Eighteen years! I’ll be forty-five … no don’t even think about that, it’s the death sentence, a long, slow, freezing cold death …

The Germans had pulled out, burning, destroying, smashing anything that could possibly be of use to the Red Army. We, in our battered little farmhouse, were stranded, out in a smouldering no-man’s land. Then the Russians came, tanks first, rattling past in a deafening roar, then truckloads of soldiers. We stood outside to watch, pale, disinterested. We’d seen the Germans – I was only fifteen when they arrived, spruce and polished in their dark uniforms, wretchedly ragged when they left. The Russians didn’t look much different, tired, dishevelled, but cocky with the scent of victory, some of them singing deep-throated tunes like we kept hearing now we’d started listening to Radio Moscow.

•••

a bit just like this makar pic i think

0002-02(2).jpg

My opinion might not be approved by many, especially during nowadays' anti-Russian winds over Europe... But some things are to stay untouched, like good memory of selfless feat of heroism made by soviet soldiers who played the very main role in fight with terror known as fascism. Some things are sacred, like that good memory.
I prefer not to speak for others, especially those who's not with us anymore, but were I on Makar's place, I would have been offended by such dedication, for it would offend my homeland's history (as far as I know, Makar was Russian).
For me, a person who portrays the national heroes in that fashion is no better than those they fought with.

With all respect to a good work
J.D.

Fair enough John, I've thought hard about this myself.

Firstly, let me say I, like you, have great respect for the Russian people and the enormous sacrifice they made in the fight against the Nazis,
far greater than any other nation involved, a fact all too often brushed under the carpet in western versions of the war.
And I don't want to get into politics, but suffice to say I think the present crisis in Ukraine is a much more complicated matter than the way it's presented in the western media, and I don't regard Russia simplistically as the 'villain' of that tragedy.

Secondly, it isn't my intention to present Russians as stereotyped 'beasts' -
as the story goes on, you'll find I'm exploring a much more complex moral landscape.
As a writer, and lover of literature, I honestly don't think it's more respectful to treat some matters as 'off limits', to be left untouched.
And here, of all places, I feel free to deal with difficult, even painful topics, moral ambiguities, the strange complexity of being human.

Such things as I've described did happen, just as evil things were done in the name of 'freedom' and 'democracy' by western powers
(thinly disguised in my earlier 'Interrogation and Punishment Centre for Girls').
But what comes out of it, in my story, might surprise you!

a bit just like this makar pic i think

Wow!
That certainly 'captures' the way Makar and IM have 'inspired' my story,
that's why I dedicate it to them -
again, you'll see more clearly why as it goes along....

To all the kind folk who've given me 'likes' and said nice things, thankyou!
I always feel at this point a bit like Scheherazade,
now I've got to keep you clinging on for more for another 1001 nights!

so here's the next bit -

The room fell silent, I felt all their eyes turned on me. I repeated, now in a hoarse, almost whispering voice, but clearly and precisely, “Do it to me.”

The sergeant nodded to the nearest man, he pulled out the lamp from under my sister and held it up so I was illuminated. Walking over to me, he put the tip of his whip-handle under my chin and lifted it up, so my blue eyes met his dark brown ones, I felt a quiver through my breasts as the leather stroked the skin of my neck.

“You want us to do it to you?”

I lowered my eyes, nodding assent, “Yes, please Sir.”

They’d untied Nastusja, she fell forward off the chair, taking the tin tray with her, still stuck to her bottom with the burning. She shrieked as they pulled it off, her skin still stuck to it, then fell to one side, still jerking violently and retching in pain.

Two men were holding my upper arms now, gripping me as if they thought I was going to change my mind. There was no need, but their firm grip was calming to my spirit as well as to my excited body. I stood quiet, hearing my heart pounding. When they moved, I stepped forward and let them march me to the centre of the floor. There was a strange silence now, almost like a religious ritual, as if they were awe-struck by my astounding demand.

Stood in front of the torture-chair, my sobbing sister on the floor beside me, they let go of my arms. Not a word was spoken, none was needed. I pulled up my nightshirt, off over my head, dropped it to the floor. I paused a moment, flicked back my pigtails, felt them assessing my bare breasts, then bowed and rolled down my knickers, kicked them off.

Naked now, I let them take my arms again and turn me round, stepped back to feel the chair against my legs, sat down. The tin was still fiercely hot, I winced sharply, but let out no sound. It’ll be much worse, I told myself. They drew my arms round the back of the chair, I held them still while they tied me, biting my lip as I felt the barbed-wire bite me. I sat well back in the chair, spine straight, shoulders pulled back, conscious of the way my breasts were lifted up by this bondage. My waist next, then I parted my knees, positioned my feet, so those could be bound tight.

All the while, the sergeant stood in front of me, tapping his whip on the palm of his hand, eyeing his prey. Now I was ready, he lifted my face with the handle again.

“You think you’re tough, eh, brat?”

I stayed silent.

“We’ll see about that!”

With that, he thrashed my tits. I jerked, but let out no cry. I bore the second, by the third there were tears swelling in my eyes, I cursed myself for my girlhood, closed them while he dealt me two more.

I gritted my teeth, gripped tight with my wire-bound hands at the back of the seat. Yes, I told myself, I do think I’m tough, I know I’m tough, tough as a nail. I’ve had to be, we’ve all had to be tough to get through these last three years. But I was thin as a nail too, no more than a skeleton in scanty covering of skin. The thong kept caught my bones, unprotected by any layer of fat, the pain was pure and undiluted agony.

It was the next stroke, cutting right down the front of my body and between my thighs, that forced out my first, involuntary scream. He laughed as its echo died away, I opened my eyes, looked at him, thinking, “Okay, you’ve got what you wanted – but the fight’s only just begun!”

From then on, I didn’t restrain my yelling, it helped me sustain the blows and cope with the pain. I kicked and tugged and jumped on the seat the little that my cruel bonds allowed, while he swung the whip more wildly, lashing my face, my flanks, my thighs, as well as the softness of my breasts, my starved stomach, my pubescent girl-parts.

I didn’t swear or provoke him like my sister had done, but nor did I cry for mercy, I just shrieked out to absorb the blows. The pain was sharp and grew ever hotter as bruises built up, weals crossing weals, blood spurted from my wrists and ankles as I tugged on the barbed-wire bondage, but I felt exhilarated, fired up by the fight in a way I’d never experienced before.

I honestly think I won the first round, or at least honours were even, he stopped thrashing me not because he’d broken me, he was tiring himself. But of course I knew I’d just been softened up, the main contest was yet to come…

It is very difficult to read long English texts for me, but the story I read with pleasure.

PS Russia has always had one very big problem - its leaders looking for its own special way of development. Only Tsar Peter turned his attention to Europe, studied in Europe, tend to Europe . Russian trouble is that its leaders are chosen as friends , countries such as Iran, Syria , North Korea , etc. As a result, Russia is rolled back for many years.

But - say no more about politics. Who will continue the theme of policy - Banned without regret ;)

We are privileged to have writers such as Eulalia and Barbaria who can capture some of history's darkest moments in writing such as this.

No, they are not stereotypical; no, they are not titillating; yes, they capture the erotic tension in situations like this.

Yes, they capture the depravity of men (and sometimes women) dehumanised by war, but to me they capture perfectly the courage of the victims in pieces that are astonishingly well-written

W

I adore Russia and my Russian friends.... I adore that Russian son of Kiev, Bulgakov and his favourite cat....but that doesn't make me love the awful people who " claim ownership" over the souls of the nation... Not at all... I love Ukraine and White Russia... And the Baltic States and Finland.... But not because they are nTions but because they are places full of joy and friends... And in the end that's what counts.... Politician count us souls by the million... I count my friends by their kisses.... XXX

It is very difficult to read long English texts for me, but the story I read with pleasure.

PS Russia has always had one very big problem - its leaders looking for its own special way of development. Only Tsar Peter turned his attention to Europe, studied in Europe, tend to Europe . Russian trouble is that its leaders are chosen as friends , countries such as Iran, Syria , North Korea , etc. As a result, Russia is rolled back for many years.

But - say no more about politics. Who will continue the theme of policy - Banned without regret ;)
only one thing that's why Peter studied in Amsterdam also the Netherlands and that mostly because the great Navy:p

We are privileged to have writers such as Eulalia and Barbaria who can capture some of history's darkest moments in writing such as this.

No, they are not stereotypical; no, they are not titillating; yes, they capture the erotic tension in situations like this.

Yes, they capture the depravity of men (and sometimes women) dehumanised by war, but to me they capture perfectly the courage of the victims in pieces that are astonishingly well-written

W

Thanks Wragg. We try to capture all of that in addition to being captured ourselves.;)

Thanks Melissa, and everyone else!
Back to the story then -
I'll re-run the bit I posted last night,
it got rather lost amongst other stuff,
then read on ...

The room fell silent, I felt all their eyes turned on me. I repeated, now in a hoarse, almost whispering voice, but clearly and precisely, “Do it to me.”

The sergeant nodded to the nearest man, he pulled out the lamp from under my sister and held it up so I was illuminated. Walking over to me, he put the tip of his whip-handle under my chin and lifted it up, so my blue eyes met his dark brown ones, I felt a quiver through my breasts as the leather stroked the skin of my neck.

“You want us to do it to you?”

I lowered my eyes, nodding assent, “Yes, please Sir.”

They’d untied Nastusja, she fell forward off the chair, taking the tin tray with her, still stuck to her bottom with the burning. She shrieked as they pulled it off, her skin still stuck to it, then fell to one side, still jerking violently and retching in pain.

Two men were holding my upper arms now, gripping me as if they thought I was going to change my mind. There was no need, but their firm grip was calming to my spirit as well as to my excited body. I stood quiet, hearing my heart pounding. When they moved, I stepped forward and let them march me to the centre of the floor. There was a strange silence now, almost like a religious ritual, as if they were awe-struck by my astounding demand.

Stood in front of the torture-chair, my sobbing sister on the floor beside me, they let go of my arms. Not a word was spoken, none was needed. I pulled up my nightshirt, off over my head, dropped it to the floor. I paused a moment, flicked back my pigtails, felt them assessing my bare breasts, then bowed and rolled down my knickers, kicked them off.

Naked now, I let them take my arms again and turn me round, stepped back to feel the chair against my legs, sat down. The tin was still fiercely hot, I winced sharply, but let out no sound. It’ll be much worse, I told myself. They drew my arms round the back of the chair, I held them still while they tied me, biting my lip as I felt the barbed-wire bite me. I sat well back in the chair, spine straight, shoulders pulled back, conscious of the way my breasts were lifted up by this bondage. My waist next, then I parted my knees, positioned my feet, so those could be bound tight.

All the while, the sergeant stood in front of me, tapping his whip on the palm of his hand, eyeing his prey. Now I was ready, he lifted my face with the handle again.

“You think you’re tough, eh, brat?”

I stayed silent.

“We’ll see about that!”

With that, he thrashed my tits. I jerked, but let out no cry. I bore the second, by the third there were tears swelling in my eyes, I cursed myself for my girlhood, closed them while he dealt me two more.

I gritted my teeth, gripped tight with my wire-bound hands at the back of the seat. Yes, I told myself, I do think I’m tough, I know I’m tough, tough as a nail. I’ve had to be, we’ve all had to be tough to get through these last three years. But I was thin as a nail too, no more than a skeleton in scanty covering of skin. The thong kept caught my bones, unprotected by any layer of fat, the pain was pure and undiluted agony.

It was the next stroke, cutting right down the front of my body and between my thighs, that forced out my first, involuntary scream. He laughed as its echo died away, I opened my eyes, looked at him, thinking, “Okay, you’ve got what you wanted – but the fight’s only just begun!”

From then on, I didn’t restrain my yelling, it helped me sustain the blows and cope with the pain. I kicked and tugged and jumped on the seat the little that my cruel bonds allowed, while he swung the whip more wildly, lashing my face, my flanks, my thighs, as well as the softness of my breasts, my starved stomach, my pubescent girl-parts.

I didn’t swear or provoke him like my sister had done, but nor did I cry for mercy, I just shrieked out to absorb the blows. The pain was sharp and grew ever hotter as bruises built up, weals crossing weals, blood spurted from my wrists and ankles as I tugged on the barbed-wire bondage, but I felt exhilarated, fired up by the fight in a way I’d never experienced before.

I honestly think I won the first round, or at least honours were even, he stopped thrashing me not because he’d broken me, he was tiring himself. But of course I knew I’d just been softened up, the main contest was yet to come…

●●●

I wriggled on the chair, feeling the tin under my bare buttocks, I could sense the rough bits of Nastja’s skin still adhering, the back tips of my cunt-lips were in contact with the warm metal, tensing my thigh muscles I realised I could hardly get those most sensitive petals away from the torturing heat… heat that was now approaching.

Again, there was almost a ritual solemnity in the way the soldier knelt down and placed the oil-lamp under me. I watched him, like a captive bird fascinated by a snake, then, as he stood back, I looked up and around the ring of watching men, there eyes fixed on me equally captivated, some had their hands in their pockets, others were more shamelessly stroking the fronts of their trousers…

I made a final effort to prepare my whip-sore body, tossing my head back so my pigtails were behind my shoulders. As I did so, I glanced at the two men holding the back of the chair, I swear one of them winked at me. I gripped at my bum with my tied hands, and felt the warmth in the tin tray grow to heat again, heat I could endure, heat I could barely endure, heat I could no longer …. Aaaaah!

Again my scream echoed, again I began to twist and writhe, fighting with my tight bondage. The griddling heat tortured me most where my ischial bones pressed my skin against the metal. By contracting the muscles in my thighs, I could slightly relieve the intensity of burning in my buttocks and close to my sex, but that was at the cost of pressing the thighs against the tray, causing them hideous pain. Tugging at my bonds only added pain, tearing yet more at the rending barbs on my wrists and ankles, cutting a deep furrow with bleeding barb-wounds into my abdomen, tearing my flesh as I twisted my hips, straining the muscles of my legs and arms. Constantly turning my pelvis brought slight relief, but as the heat increased, I could feel my skin beginning to melt and adhere to the tin, sweat was streaming down my naked body, the smell of my own burning was making me gasp and choke.

The sergeant began whipping me again, his blows encouraging me to twist my upper body and toss my head about all the more – and, bizarrely, he revived in my tortured spirit the sense of enthusiasm for the struggle that I’d experienced earlier. For all my agony, I was determined to keep up the fight …

At least as long as I stayed conscious. But I was phasing in and out, the room around me was swimming, the pain seemed now to surge right through my body in waves, I was panting like a greyhound…

I must have lost consciousness briefly, there was a time of blackness when I felt nothing but pain, the suddenly a new shock, quite different, equally agonising, a bucketful of icy-cold water drawn from our pump was hurled over me.

When I came to enough senses to open my eyes and glance around, cold water trickling over my eyes and down my face, I could see the lamp had been removed, it was back on the table, though the tray under my bum was still viciously hot, while my upper body was shivering with the cold.

The sergeant barked, “Had enough, cunt?”

I turned my head, looked at him vacantly, gathering my wits. He slapped my face, blood trickled from my lip.

“No, Sir.” Was all I said. He –and all the men – looked gobsmacked. He shrugged, nodded to the soldier nearest the table, who brought back the lamp to resume my torture. But while I writhed and struggled again, with a kind of crazed determination, my tormentor was preparing a third act in my ordeal …

●●●

I was pretty soon becoming delirious once more. There was another bucketful of water waiting, but the sergeant ordered a stop to the torture, he even ordered one of his men to fill a mug with water and let me have a drink, I sipped at it, sucking it in greedily, I was desperately thirsty, but it hurt my throat to swallow, my whole body shuddered as it went down.

“Thankyou Sir,” I croaked. My relentless politeness seemed to wrong-foot them, clearly it was something they weren’t used to, least of all in this back-end of nowhere where Russians, Germans, Poles and Swedes had fought for centuries over vast, valueless wastes of bogland.

I leaned back in the torture-chair, trembling, my pelvis still needing to keep in motion over the yet-grilling tin, smouldering with ripped girl-skin, raw flesh still cooked on it. The sergeant was over by the kitchen range, where the embers yesterday’s fire still glowed in the grate. He’d found another piece of kitchen equipment that would serve his purpose, he was getting it ready to meet its girl-flesh.

When he turned and carried it towards me, I gasped, my body tensed rigid. I could see what it was – mamma’s flat-iron, made hot in the glowing coals! He stood before me grinning, I could smell the hot metal.

“Where shall I brand you, eh sow?”

I looked at him, wide-eyed, silent. One of the men said something, others sniggered. A man behind me grabbed my pigtails and tugged my head back, my breasts were forced further upwards, the hot metal was pressed, first on the left, then rubbed across to the right. The pain was first a brief, sharp shock that drew a yowl from me, then it seemed to subside briefly, before it began eating deeper and deeper, hotter and hotter, into my throbbing flesh.

I could only twist my upper body, from my rib-cage to my shoulders, in helpless response, letting the pain flow through me, devouring me deeper and deeper. Vivid crimson patches grew on pale skin that was already crossed with whip-weals and patched with purple bruises.

I felt strangely distanced, as if I was looking down in sorrow and deep compassion at my own ravaged body. I was aware of the pain, of course, still hideous in my bottom, my girl-parts and my breasts, all my most sensitive flesh, all the assets that make me a woman, yet somehow I was above it, no longer experiencing the excitement of battle, but a sense of having come through – not triumphant, but unbroken, still me, Alicja!

Back
Top Bottom