Bloodeyes

Go to CruxDreams.com

Fox-on-Cross

Great-Cruxinquisitor
When he was crucified, the blood from the crown of thorns dripped in his eyes again. He became blind. How could he then command to collaborate Johannes to his mother? I think he did not see them only hears their voices.
The hanging head and the perpetual movements did him shut down for the outside world. He died lonely.

You could well be right - I've seen arguments here and elsewhere that call in question the crown of thorns -
at least the kind that's normally portrayed, with vicious long barbs -
lacerations around the head are likely to cause massive bleeding that can soon prove fatal,
Jesus wouldn't have even got to Golgotha if a crown like that had been pushed on his head!
Also, hanging in bright sunshine would probably have destroyed his sight pretty quickly,
even if he'd kept his eyes closed.

You could well be right - I've seen arguments here and elsewhere that call in question the crown of thorns -
at least the kind that's normally portrayed, with vicious long barbs -
lacerations around the head are likely to cause massive bleeding that can soon prove fatal,
Jesus wouldn't have even got to Golgotha if a crown like that had been pushed on his head!
Also, hanging in bright sunshine would probably have destroyed his sight pretty quickly,
even if he'd kept his eyes closed.
One explanation offered as to why Jesus died after a relatively short time on the cross is shock from blood loss. His scourging is usually site, but the crown of thorns may have made a major contribution.
That's assuming, of course there ever was one.
Each Gospel tells a slightly different version of the crucifixion. Although the crown is in Matthew, Mark and John; Luke makes no mention of it.
The lines: Jesus saw his own mother, and the disciple standing near whom he loved, he said to his mother, "Woman, behold your son". Then he said to the disciple, "Behold your mother". And from that hour, he took his mother into his family. are only found in John. None of the Gospels were written by eyewitnesses and John is likely to have been written after any witnesses had died.

It is when I read about this that not the moment of the person linking is spontaneus but that the crucified long before desired out of his memory to connect them, perhaps for their benefit of existence.

Back
Top Bottom