Bondage / Captivity / Interrogation / Torture Scenes in Mainstream Movies

Go to CruxDreams.com
Teresa Palmer in "Berlin Syndrome" (2017) - IMDB

Clare (Palmer) is a backpacker on a trip through Europe. In Berlin, she meets Andi (Max Riemelt), who is a creep by definition. Still, she lets him lure her to his palce, where they have a one night stand. When Clare wakes up the next morning alone in the apartment, she is locked in and finds out that Andi has taken nude photos of her while she was asleep. She thinks it is a joke at first until Andi comes back home and turns her into his captive.

I cannot tell too much about the remaining plot without spoiling it. So I will let the screencaps speak, just like the movie prefers images over dialogs to tell the story. Despite the runtime of almost 2 hours, which make the movie exhausting to watch at times, I can still recommend it. Palmer and Riemelt are perfect in their roles and there is an interesting chemistry between their characters. Riemelt is an established actor in German cinema and TV and this is one of his few international productions. I found it also interesting to see him as the villain for a change, since he usually plays the good guy or the tragic hero.

Attachments

• t_palmer_berlin_syndrome_01.jpg
    t_palmer_berlin_syndrome_01.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 541
  • t_palmer_berlin_syndrome_02.jpg
    t_palmer_berlin_syndrome_02.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 443
  • t_palmer_berlin_syndrome_03.jpg
    t_palmer_berlin_syndrome_03.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 434
  • t_palmer_berlin_syndrome_04.jpg
    t_palmer_berlin_syndrome_04.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 445
  • t_palmer_berlin_syndrome_05.jpg
    t_palmer_berlin_syndrome_05.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 456
  • t_palmer_berlin_syndrome_06.jpg
    t_palmer_berlin_syndrome_06.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 446
  • t_palmer_berlin_syndrome_08.jpg
    t_palmer_berlin_syndrome_08.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 475
  • t_palmer_berlin_syndrome_07.jpg
    t_palmer_berlin_syndrome_07.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 464
  • t_palmer_berlin_syndrome_09.jpg
    t_palmer_berlin_syndrome_09.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 541
  • t_palmer_berlin_syndrome_10.jpg
    t_palmer_berlin_syndrome_10.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 557
I was interested in the human chess game, with a sadistic Nazi playing against a Jewish chess master. White was played by clothed prisoners and black played by naked women. Naturally as each piece was taken the prisoner was killed, stabbed by the prisoner playing the taking piece.

This scene is one criticised by Holocaust memorial groups as it never happened. With all the real atrocities committed by the Nazis, why would the writers need to invent anything?

View attachment 835098View attachment 835097
I suppose the same objection could be leveled against any number of other films that take on various human injustices and atrocities throughout history. The example that immediately springs to my mind is Tarantino's Django Unchained, which is by and large absurd in its portrayal of chattel slavery in the U.S., and in specifically including a completely fictional element "Mandingo fighting," which incorporates the tropes of every bad underground death match movie. I guess what bugged me about Hunters was its philosophical pretensions--there is occasional blather about the importance of memory and vengeance in Jewish history, as though the series was attempting to make some kind of serious point about the evils of the Holocaust.

I love her facial expression. Too bad she wasn't entirely relieved of her blouse, completely stripped bare to the waist.
The first time I saw the film I thought she should have been stripped completely naked to the waist, as mandated by English law. For her time in the stocks, they could have kept her bare to the waist or fitted her with a sack with holes cut out of it for the head and arms. Both methods were used in seventeenth-century England when female criminals were sentenced to endure the lash and then the stocks.

Samara Weaving in "Ready or Not" (2019) - IMDB

Grace marries into a crazy rich family. Her new in-laws invite her to a game night as part of a family tradition. The game of choice is 'hide and seek'. What Grace expects to be a silly and boring game turns into a hunt for her life. During this, she has several run-ins with her new family members and their minions, and none of them are very pleasant.

Despite the amount of violence and gore in the movie, "Ready or Not" is advertised as a horror comedy. And if you are a fan of super dark humor, you will not be disappointed. It is exciting to watch, since some of the scenes are really atmospheric and intense, and I was never bored during its 96 minutes runtime. But what absolutely stands out is Weaving's performance. She plays Grace in a very convincing and (at least for me) relatable way. Plus, the scenes where she cusses and talks to herself give the movie a certain "Die Hard" vibe.

Fun fact: I have seen the last picture developing into a meme over the last few weeks, mostly as an reaction to the question how 2020 is going so far. :eek:

Attachments

• s_weaving_ready_or_not_01.jpg
    s_weaving_ready_or_not_01.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 441
  • s_weaving_ready_or_not_02.jpg
    s_weaving_ready_or_not_02.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 428
  • s_weaving_ready_or_not_03.jpg
    s_weaving_ready_or_not_03.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 432
  • s_weaving_ready_or_not_05.jpg
    s_weaving_ready_or_not_05.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 430
  • s_weaving_ready_or_not_04.jpg
    s_weaving_ready_or_not_04.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 423
  • s_weaving_ready_or_not_06.jpg
    s_weaving_ready_or_not_06.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 477
  • s_weaving_ready_or_not_07.jpg
    s_weaving_ready_or_not_07.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 627
  • s_weaving_ready_or_not_08.jpg
    s_weaving_ready_or_not_08.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 754
  • s_weaving_ready_or_not_09.jpg
    s_weaving_ready_or_not_09.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 783
  • s_weaving_ready_or_not_10.jpg
    s_weaving_ready_or_not_10.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 649
Jennifer Lawrence, Eva Link and Jordan Hayes in "House at the End of the Street" (2012) - IMDB

Elissa (Lawrence) is new in town and immediately becomes friends with the local weirdo. Surprise! His reputation of being a creep is justified, since he keeps a captive girl (Link) locked in his basement. He abducts another one (Hayes) to bring her to the basement, too. And it is only a matter of time until it is Elissa's turn.

"House at the End of the Street" starts out as your typical 'moving to a scary new neighborhood' horror movie. But once you get the the slow first half, the movie offers several nice plot twists. In my opinion, the most unsettling thing however is, that the end actually made me feel sorry for the bad guy.

Attachments

• house_at_the_end_of_the_street_01.jpg
    house_at_the_end_of_the_street_01.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 451
  • house_at_the_end_of_the_street_02.jpg
    house_at_the_end_of_the_street_02.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 435
  • house_at_the_end_of_the_street_03.jpg
    house_at_the_end_of_the_street_03.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 407
  • house_at_the_end_of_the_street_04.jpg
    house_at_the_end_of_the_street_04.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 397
  • house_at_the_end_of_the_street_05.jpg
    house_at_the_end_of_the_street_05.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 391
  • house_at_the_end_of_the_street_06.jpg
    house_at_the_end_of_the_street_06.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 402
  • house_at_the_end_of_the_street_08.jpg
    house_at_the_end_of_the_street_08.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 415
  • house_at_the_end_of_the_street_07.jpg
    house_at_the_end_of_the_street_07.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 410
  • house_at_the_end_of_the_street_09.jpg
    house_at_the_end_of_the_street_09.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 433
  • house_at_the_end_of_the_street_10.jpg
    house_at_the_end_of_the_street_10.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 440
'Adios Gringo' is a 1965 Italian western. The main character, played by Giuliano Gemma, is a cowboy on the run for justice after having been falsely accused of a crime.
Underway, he discovers a female teacher (Evelyn Stewart, a stage name for Ida Galli) who has been victim of a stage coach robbery, and has been left in the desert, naked, raped and tied spreadeagled.
It is only visible in a brief frame, with Gemma covering most of Stewart's naked body, as he nears her.
However, the scene has been used on some of the film's publicity posters, suggesting more than there is in the movie. (Typical!:mad:). - I recall from the seventies publicity posters with her spreadeagle fully exposed, but covered by a bikini then. Unfortunately I did not find that poster anymore on internet.

ag1.jpgag2.jpgag3.jpg

'Adios Gringo' is a 1965 Italian western. The main character, played by Giuliano Gemma, is a cowboy on the run for justice after having been falsely accused of a crime.
Underway, he discovers a female teacher (Evelyn Stewart, a stage name for Ida Galli) who has been victim of a stage coach robbery, and has been left in the desert, naked, raped and tied spreadeagled.
It is only visible in a brief frame, with Gemma covering most of Stewart's naked body, as he nears her.
However, the scene has been used on some of the film's publicity posters, suggesting more than there is in the movie. (Typical!:mad:). - I recall from the seventies publicity posters with her spreadeagle fully exposed, but covered by a bikini then. Unfortunately I did not find that poster anymore on internet.

View attachment 846506View attachment 846507View attachment 846508

"ADIOS GRINGO" (1965) Please find attached two short clips of the scene you mentioned .

Attachments

• 1)Adios Gringo.avi_EDIT_EDIT-001.mkv
    5.6 MB · Views: 320
  • 2)Adios Gringo.avi_EDIT_EDIT-002.mkv
    4 MB · Views: 287
Damn, you're good, Hammers! I still don't get how you find these (HD?) clips! Is this like a superpower or something?
Thank you Jon Smithie! As some time ago (but I don't remember exactly when) I said in this Forum I am a collectionist of movies of all genres.
The clips that I attach are usually cut from movies which are part of my collection. No superpower at all, as you can see, but I will be always pleased
should this meet your personal and other followers' favour. Thanks again for your care !!

THE SEVENTH SEAL 1957  POSTER.jpgMax von Sydow and Maud Hansson in The Seventh Seal 1957.jpgMax Von Sydow and Bengt Ekerot in tThe Seventh Seal.jpgMaud Hansson.jpgMax von Sydow and Gunnar Bjornstrand  in the Seventh Seal.jpgMaud Hansson   The seventh Seal.jpg"THE SEVENTH SEAL",Year 1957, Director Ingmar Bergman
Leading Actors: Max von Sydow,Bibi Andersson, Bengt Ekerot, Gunnar Bjornstrand, Maud Hansson

A masterpiece is something that lingers in your memory for many years after you have seen it for the first time. This is the case of "The Seventh Seal", filmed in black and white with sharp contrast of bright and dark tonalities. Set in 14th century's Sweden, a time of raging plague, famine, widespread poverty versus immoderate riches, makes comparison with our era (though in fairly different conditions due to the sciences' progress) almost unavoidable. The story,clearly of fantasy, tells of a Swedish noble knight returning to his homeland from the Crusade. Death is waiting for him, but he would not die before getting over the spiritual crisis tormenting him. On the way to his castle the knight and his squire are involved in various encounters and adventures. One of these encounters is with a young girl condemned to be burnt at the stake and driven mad probably by the tortures she was submitted to. After defying Death at a chess game to win time the knight must eventually succumb.

POSTER THE SEVENTH SEAL 1957.jpg"THE SEVENTH SEAL" (1957)

Attachments

• a1) The seventh Seala) OK.mkv
    8 MB · Views: 206
  • a2) The seventh Seal.mkv
    8.2 MB · Views: 161
  • a3) The Seventh Seal.mkv
    8.5 MB · Views: 173
  • b1)Clip 2The Seventh Seal 1957 Blu-Ray x264.720P Ac3-C@Silu_EDIT (1)-001 (1)-002.mkv
    9.3 MB · Views: 170
  • b1)Clip 2The Seventh Seal 1957 Blu-Ray x264.720P Ac3-C@Silu_EDIT (1)-001 (1)-007.mkv
    9 MB · Views: 157
  • C)1)Clip 2The Seventh Seal 1957 Blu-Ray x264.720P Ac3-C@Silu_EDIT (1)-001 (1)-009.mkv
    2.7 MB · Views: 151
  • C)2)Clip 2The Seventh Seal 1957 Blu-Ray x264.720P Ac3-C@Silu_EDIT (1)-002 (1)-001.mkv
    9.2 MB · Views: 164
The Seventh Seal   1957  Knight's castle.jpg"THE SEVENTH SEAL" 1957

Attachments

• C)3)Clip 2The Seventh Seal 1957 Blu-Ray x264.720P Ac3-C@Silu_EDIT (1)-002 (1)-003 (1)-001.mkv
    8.8 MB · Views: 174
  • C)4)Clip 2The Seventh Seal 1957 Blu-Ray x264.720P Ac3-C@Silu_EDIT (1)-002 (1)-004_EDIT.mkv
    6.6 MB · Views: 155
  • C)5Clip 2The Seventh Seal 1957 Blu-Ray x264.720P Ac3-C@Silu_EDIT (1)-002 (1)-005_EDIT.mkv
    7.3 MB · Views: 179
  • C)6Clip 2The Seventh Seal 1957 Blu-Ray x264.720P Ac3-C@Silu_EDIT (1)-002 (1)-005_EDIT.mkv
    9.7 MB · Views: 155
  • C)7)Clip 2The Seventh Seal 1957 Blu-Ray x264.720P Ac3-C@Silu_EDIT (1)-002 (1)-006.mkv
    5.5 MB · Views: 182
I can empathize with that girl because I went through a similar experience. Several years ago, I attended a Renaissance fair dressed as an Elizabethan peasant in knee breeches, sandals and a sleeveless shift. I stood and watched the Queen pass by in a procession, but then constables arrested me for disrespecting the queen by going barefoot in her presence. Although I was wearing sandals, they nonetheless hauled me before the judge. Because my sandals left my toes and ankles exposed, the court upheld the charge and I was found guilty and sentenced to the stocks.

So they sat me down in front of the stocks, my back against a post. Then they removed my sandals and locked my feet between the boards. One of them commented that since I liked to go barefoot, I could now show everyone my bare feet. Then they made me stretch my hands over my head and bound them to the post with leather cords. So I sat there, my bare feet sticking out of the stocks and my arms, bare to the shoulders, stretched above my head. Fortunately, no one took advantage of my helplessness to tickle my feet, but I did get a lot of comments, and I saw cameras and camcorders pointed my way.

After about 20 minutes, I confessed and repented of my crime and was set free.

View attachment 847141View attachment 847142View attachment 847143View attachment 847144View attachment 847145View attachment 847146"THE SEVENTH SEAL",Year 1957, Director Ingmar Bergman
Leading Actors: Max von Sydow,Bibi Andersson, Bengt Ekerot, Gunnar Bjornstrand, Maud Hansson

A masterpiece is something that lingers in your memory for many years after you have seen it for the first time. This is the case of "The Seventh Seal", filmed in black and white with sharp contrast of bright and dark tonalities. Set in 14th century's Sweden, a time of raging plague, famine, widespread poverty versus immoderate riches, makes comparison with our era (though in fairly different conditions due to the sciences' progress) almost unavoidable. The story,clearly of fantasy, tells of a Swedish noble knight returning to his homeland from the Crusade. Death is waiting for him, but he would not die before getting over the spiritual crisis tormenting him. On the way to his castle the knight and his squire are involved in various encounters and adventures. One of these encounters is with a young girl condemned to be burnt at the stake and driven mad probably by the tortures she was submitted to. After defying Death at a chess game to win time the knight must eventually succumb.
So that's what the movie is about! I thought it was a Swedish version of Hamlet. I never could figure out much of what was happening and the fact that I don't understand Swedish didn't help.

So that's what the movie is about! I thought it was a Swedish version of Hamlet. I never could figure out much of what was happening and the fact that I don't understand Swedish didn't help.

You were supposed to read the subtitles. That’s what they are there for :)

Back
Top Bottom