Briching Table

Go to CruxDreams.com
the metal collar that fastened to a wall to hold prisoners.
Aye, I noticed they've got the jougs - that's another fine auld Scots punishment-
'Being tryit commoun harlottis … decernit … to haue heidis schavin and stand in the jowggis on Sonday nixt'
always plural, even just one collar is 'the jougs' - I get locked in them to be whipped
at one point in my linkie-hunt story, 'Lassie-hunting in the Northern Forest'

jougs.jpg

Aye, I noticed they've got the jougs - that's another fine auld Scots punishment-
'Being tryit commoun harlottis … decernit … to haue heidis schavin and stand in the jowggis on Sonday nixt'
always plural, even just one collar is 'the jougs' - I get locked in them to be whipped
at one point in my linkie-hunt story, 'Lassie-hunting in the Northern Forest'

View attachment 603369
Madiosi-2018-364-punish.jpgMadiosi-2018-363-punish2.jpgMadiosi-2018-363-punish1.jpg

I just got back from the West Highlands and while we were there we visited the West Highland Museum in Fort William.

One of the rooms in the museum has the last “briching” table known to be used in Scotland (1948?).

It is very interesting. It is about 4 x 3 with holes in the top in which the victims arms were put through and tied on the other side. It has slots in the table apparently for belts to be used to hold the victim in place.

The same room also has in one of the display cases an metal collar that was originally attached to the wall to keBeenep prisoners confined.

Let's just say that my fantasies for the rest of the day were quite …...... erotic.

Kisses

willowfall
I just got back from the West Highlands and while we were there we visited the West Highland Museum in Fort William.

One of the rooms in the museum has the last “briching” table known to be used in Scotland (1948?).

It is very interesting. It is about 4 x 3 with holes in the top in which the victims arms were put through and tied on the other side. It has slots in the table apparently for belts to be used to hold the victim in place.

The same room also has in one of the display cases an metal collar that was originally attached to the wall to keep prisoners confined.

Let's just say that my fantasies for the rest of the day were quite …...... erotic.

Kisses

willowfall
Been there several times..It's brilliant. Hope you visited Oban and Iona while you were in the region.

Been there several times..It's brilliant. Hope you visited Oban and Iona while you were in the region.

We climbed Ben Nevis and wnet hiking up in the West Highlands, right on the coast near Arisig. Love the country. Couldn't stay long but got in enough outside time to refresh my soul.

Although I had a hard time believing we were in Scotland. I got sun burnt!

kisses

willowfall

Back
Top Bottom