Burned at the stake

Go to CruxDreams.com
The follow-up clip, on a beach-volleyball pitch, is sexier ;) :p

Stoic acceptance
tumblr_ojryr8xJpI1si5rd4o1_1280.jpg

Oh yes, you could practice Epicurean acceptance - 'for Epicurus, the most pleasant life is one where we abstain from unnecessary desires (like wanting not to be roasted alive) and achieve an inner tranquility (ataraxia) by being content with simple things (like being roasted alive), and by choosing the pleasure of philosophical conversation with friends (who I'm sure will be happy to compare notes with you about Heidegger and Wittgenstein while you're slowly cooking) over the pursuit of physical pleasures like food, drink, and sex.' And of course death's nothing to be bothered about, a/c old Epicurus, when it happens you won't be there to experience it, so why worry?

Oh yes, you could practice Epicurean acceptance - 'for Epicurus, the most pleasant life is one where we abstain from unnecessary desires (like wanting not to be roasted alive) and achieve an inner tranquility (ataraxia) by being content with simple things (like being roasted alive), and by choosing the pleasure of philosophical conversation with friends (who I'm sure will be happy to compare notes with you about Heidegger and Wittgenstein while you're slowly cooking) over the pursuit of physical pleasures like food, drink, and sex.' And of course death's nothing to be bothered about, a/c old Epicurus, when it happens you won't be there to experience it, so why worry?

Thanks! I feel so much better about the whole thing now. :confused:

Seems like a lot of parallels with Buddhism. All life is suffering. Suffering is caused by desire. If you have no desire to escape being roasted then you will not suffer.

Seems like a lot of parallels with Buddhism. All life is suffering. Suffering is caused by desire. If you have no desire to escape being roasted then you will not suffer.

index.jpeg What? That makes my head hurt!

You have to admit Eul is so helpful...:doh::cool::devil:
a1c72c25e3f7bfb1be51c08c033f89b9.jpg I am not admitting anything until I have spoken to my attorney.

Last edited:
He flunked the Missouri bar seven time I am told :rolleyes:
The Missouri Bar (and Grill) was on the west side of 12th Street near Olive across from the old Globe-Democrat (Very right newspaper:doh:) and the Post-Dispatch very left). Tree's credit card was always good there so I never flunked!!!

The place hadn't changed its liquor-soaked carpet in more than 30 years before it closed. 10% of the crowd was 'regular citizens' and the other 90% were divided equally between cops and St. Louis Mafia (same payroll then) and reports from the two papers...

I hear it opened again but I'll bet they changed the carpet and you don't have to duck under smoke when you open the front door...

T

Back
Top Bottom