Burned at the stake

Go to CruxDreams.com
Love # 3 and #5.
Number 5 - the three women GIF - is from "The Scarlet Empress"(1934), a film about Catherine the Great's rise to power starring Marlene Dietrich. The scene is a brief part of a montage near the beginning meant to show the barbarism of XVIII century Russia. It's amazing this slipped past the Hayes Office censors.

I don't think there was any explanation given for the women being burned. Maybe the director, Josef von Sternberg, shared some of our tastes.

Edit: I just looked again and there is a fourth woman, on the right, on the far side of the stake.

Number 5 - the three women GIF - is from "The Scarlet Empress"(1934), a film about Catherine the Great's rise to power starring Marlene Dietrich. The scene is a brief part of a montage near the beginning meant to show the barbarism of XVIII century Russia. It's amazing this slipped past the Hayes Office censors.

I don't think there was any explanation given for the women being burned. Maybe the director, Josef von Sternberg, shared some of our tastes.

Edit: I just looked again and there is a fourth woman, on the right, on the far side of the stake.
And there was also this - also brief - wheel torture scene in the beginning of the movie.
wt.jpg

Various burned from my 2006 archive, including one male on the cross

burnmanip09.jpgburnmanip13.jpgburnmanip63.jpgCRUCIFIED & ON FIRE.jpg1136270623358.jpg1136198346989.jpg

watered ropes don´t. when the water is steaming the ropes are stronger for a time. At this time the heat around has destroyed your body like a boiling egg you have no chance to escapes from the upcoming flames...

Now that has answered something that`s been buzzing around in my mind for ages
like Messaline i thought he same rope is no good but if it`s wet it will hold the body
until it`s destroyed . Thank You Petraherz

Chains do look nicer...
bats 046.jpg

Specially designed, available in three sizes, on sale this week at NailusMartyrs.com. Be the first in your neighborhood to own a pair in time for this year’s festive October 31st witch burning.

I wonder how long a condemned woman would have to stand there, maybe shivering, maybe naked, maybe sweating, waiting while they got a fire going? I've been working with my fireplace lately, and it can take a while! Even once it starts, it's often pretty pathetic for a while.

(Yeah, I'm sure they used oils and such to solve that problem, but still fun to think about...)

I wonder how long a condemned woman would have to stand there, maybe shivering, maybe naked, maybe sweating, waiting while they got a fire going? I've been working with my fireplace lately, and it can take a while! Even once it starts, it's often pretty pathetic for a while. (Yeah, I'm sure they used oils and such to solve that problem, but still fun to think about...)

I don't think there is a standard answer to that. Sometimes I suspect they might have made the victim stand for hours and hours if they wanted to make a point or it was a slow day punishment wise.

And then there are times they probably wanted to get it going quick.

You also have to remember that BATS covered a lot of different techniques. A slow roast, suffocation via the smoke, death by direct application of the hot flames to consume the flesh, burning of just the legs or lower body and allow the victim to die slowly of the injuries and in one John Wayne film hanging up side down and allowing the fire to boil your brain.

All you need is a little imagination.

kisses

willowfall

Back
Top Bottom