Burned at the stake

Go to CruxDreams.com
There are multiple ways you can die at the stake. Much of it depends on what your executioner wants.

(1) Death by suffocation - where green wood is used and fire is far enough away to not produce 2 or 3. You basically choke to death on the hot smoke filling your lungs. This is the most common way people die in fires (which is why they tell you to get to the floor).
(2) Roasting to death - basically the fire s hot enough to cook you like a piece of meat without actually consuming your body.
(3) Consumption - the fire is both hot and close enough to consumer your body quickly.

I imagine that 3 is the most painful but also the quickest.

kisses

willowfall

There are multiple ways you can die at the stake. Much of it depends on what your executioner wants.

(1) Death by suffocation - where green wood is used and fire is far enough away to not produce 2 or 3. You basically choke to death on the hot smoke filling your lungs. This is the most common way people die in fires (which is why they tell you to get to the floor).
(2) Roasting to death - basically the fire s hot enough to cook you like a piece of meat without actually consuming your body.
(3) Consumption - the fire is both hot and close enough to consumer your body quickly.

kisses

willowfall
No one execute by fire to be nice!

Dry wood for less smoke

Often small amounts of thin, fast burn brush wood

Quick burn

Pause

Burn again

You'd reconsider offending the authorities, or turning down their advances after watching that

Oh I think we could squeeze the ducking stool in there somewhere....

Dunked until you confess. Wearing the thinnest of clingy dresses.

Then of course... after you've dried out a bit ...off to the stake. Think we'll leave your hair wet though. Yes.

There is a working Ducking Stool at St Georges in Bermuda
girls get ducking in the harbour but the one in Alnwick
is long gone i went on that one in my teens,it was lovely
and exciting i could never work out why it was called a
punishment for stroppy women

You'd reconsider offending the authorities, or turning down their advances after watching that

And that is why for thousands of years those in power used horrible forms PUBLIC of torment and execution. Not so much to punish the criminal (their fate is already decided) but to encourage others not to make the same 'mistakes' the criminal did.

kisses

willowfall

And that is why for thousands of years those in power used horrible forms PUBLIC of torment and execution. Not so much to punish the criminal (their fate is already decided) but to encourage others not to make the same 'mistakes' the criminal did.

kisses

willowfall
And i'm sure the vast majority of victims recanted and begged with such passion in the hours and moments leading up to the stake. Further boosting the power of the authority

kisses

willowfall

In Britain later practice was to strangle the female condemned first

Of course strangling someone who is being burnt at the stake is not an exact science and the occasional failures in this act of mercy are what prompted it's abolition

In Britain later practice was to strangle the female condemned first

Of course strangling someone who is being burnt at the stake is not an exact science and the occasional failures in this act of mercy are what prompted it's abolition
Catherine Hayes, burned at Newgate, May 9, 1726 for murdering her husband (a woman killing her husband or servant killing her master was considered "Petty Treason" and pushed the same as High Treason). She was supposed to be strangled first, but the executioner was incompetent and she burned alive.
Frankly, I think the method they were using wasn't very practical. They would have done better to garrotte her first then light the fire, but that may have been too "Spanish" for the English taste.
The_Burning_of_Catherine_Hayes.jpg
I did find a reference to an Elizabeth Herring, who was executed in 1773, also for killing her husband, sentence read: "you Elizabeth Herring are to be led from hence to the Gaol from whence you came; and on Monday next you are to be drawn on a hurdle to the place of execution; where you are to be burnt with fire until you are dead." . That might indicate she was burned alive, but I can't find any other references and Catherine Hayes is usually cited as the last woman burned alive in England. The last woman burned - after being hanged - was Catherine Murphy, for coining (high treason) March 18, 1789.

And i'm sure the vast majority of victims recanted and begged with such passion in the hours and moments leading up to the stake. Further boosting the power of the authority

Very important if the person was very well known by the public and the confession as public.

I forget which one but on of Henry VIII publically confessed to adultery (with her brother I believe) in order to avoid, not execution, but being burned at the stake for treason.

Any time the tormentor can get the victim to side with him that's a propaganda plus.

kisses

willowfall

You would certainly hope to go by smoke rather than flames

too hot.jpgwitch_burning_by_pandorasconviction-d4l9hsq.jpegtumblr_oa93tuQBq61ubqjlfo5_1280.jpegtumblr_og38kuiZqs1s5rhdao1_500.jpegtumblr_og38jvr8pv1s5rhdao1_500.jpegau_636670_too_hot_1.jpga witch destiny.jpgtumblr_oftdxvzdJO1uhvbfgo1_1280.jpg

Also new to me from the web:

In Norway, the persecution of alleged witches was at its most intense in the period 1560 to 1630. A total of 300 people were convicted of sorcery, and the three northernmost Norwegian counties of Nordland, Troms and Finnmark account for approximately 40 percent of all death sentences.

The confessions often came under torture, says Blix Hagen who has written the book “At the Gate of Hell” (Norwegian: ”Ved porten til helvete”) addressing the witch trials in Finnmark.

Anyone read finnish????

Anyone read finnish????

I think you meant Norwegian. I’ll put it on my to do list ;)

kisses

willowfall

oddly enough, the most common death at the stake was drowning.

i know this sounds ridiculous, but it's true. the lungs would scorch from the inside and the fluid build up would cause the victim to drown. if done right, it could last for a very long time.

oddly enough, the most common death at the stake was drowning.

i know this sounds ridiculous, but it's true. the lungs would scorch from the inside and the fluid build up would cause the victim to drown. if done right, it could last for a very long time.

I had heard this too but I lumped under suffocation, once your lungs are that damaged you can no longer breath.

Of course the damage could be sudden and extensive or slowwwwwwwwwww

kisses

willowfall

Exceptionally painful and agonising one imagines given the heat in the lungs.....not
To mention other parts of the body steadily burning away

Really quite a nasty way to go. Suffocation would be the kindest option.

black_magic_01.jpgvz1-2018-04-10-21h27m59s968.jpgvz1-2018-04-10-21h28m09s703.jpgvz1-2018-04-10-21h29m50s537.jpgvz1-2018-04-10-21h30m15s050.jpg5b22dbcb16d6d8102900726.jpegsexy-women-burned-at-the-stake-nude-2.jpghardact2follow.jpg

Back
Top Bottom