"calvaires Bretons " De Messaline

Go to CruxDreams.com

messaline

Crucified Amazon
jb8gal7.jpg
Calvaires Bretons​
Calvaries are monuments sculpted in granite. Always present is Christ on the Cross. Then was added the Virgin MAry and Saint John and usually the cross had a double-face with usually the Piety on the back. In the biggest Calvaries the story of Christ is told in scenes from the Announciation, until the Resurrection, passing through all the passages of the Passion. In the peaceful countryside of Brittany you find Parish Enclosures which comprehend the church, the cemetery, a chapel and these concrections of scultures instructing people on the Holy Story. Out of the gospel's tradition we find the soldiers in XVI-XVII century dresses, sometimes characterized with well known faces of the time. Another particular piece is the Descent to Hell, where usually is put Katell Gollet, the anti-Magdalen, a prostitute who never redeemed and is represented tormented by devils. The two robbers are often at the sides of the Cross and they have always on top the Angel (good robber) and the Devil (bad robber) with their solus in the arms.
calvaireenclospleyben4.jpg............plougastelcalvaire.jpg..............thCA2O12WV.jpg
....and Messaline have tried some of them......
In first, a little one...
calvaire_roz_landrieux-242.jpg ....Nice?

Calvaires Bretons​
Calvaries are monuments sculpted in granite. Always present is Christ on the Cross. Then was added the Virgin MAry and Saint John and usually the cross had a double-face with usually the Piety on the back. In the biggest Calvaries the story of Christ is told in scenes from the Announciation, until the Resurrection, passing through all the passages of the Passion. In the peaceful countryside of Brittany you find Parish Enclosures which comprehend the church, the cemetery, a chapel and these concrections of scultures instructing people on the Holy Story. Out of the gospel's tradition we find the soldiers in XVI-XVII century dresses, sometimes characterized with well known faces of the time. Another particular piece is the Descent to Hell, where usually is put Katell Gollet, the anti-Magdalen, a prostitute who never redeemed and is represented tormented by devils. The two robbers are often at the sides of the Cross and they have always on top the Angel (good robber) and the Devil (bad robber) with their solus in the arms.
View attachment 31765 ....Nice?
especially a little one. In what place found you that virgincross?

Calvaires Bretons​
View attachment 31765 ....Nice?
Really nice! Thanks! I remember seeing some of the Breton calvaires years ago, excuse for another holiday in Brittany me thinks!Thanks for the informative and edifying post! I would love to photograph some of the calvaires someday soon!

I am away a half day and this is what goes on?!?!

There is trouble coming! Trouble, I tell you! First, WAITRESS! Admi is paying for his own...

as for Messa... It is late but a night thinking may be good medicine...

eert

CALVAIRES
___
thCAQIVNY5.jpg
Stone's laceworks
Expanding on the sky
Attracting my sight
Like a cue !
Time for me to meet you,
Time for me to mix with you,
Feeling your cold stone in my back,
Your millenary stone, braving centuries,
Changing me in an eternal statue of...
Crucified Woman
calvaire Messa1.jpg
Messaline-MAY - 21/2012

When you see him, get out because he may carry you to the cimetery !​
If it's after having seen you ride the sedile... it's all fine ;) :p

Not sure if I wont one at the bottom of my garden with the gnomes!
If it was Messaline that would be different,I would mop her brow!

Back
Top Bottom