Can Anyone Explain Me?

Go to CruxDreams.com

Top-Cat

Onlooker
Can anyone explain me?

I was connected to the CF posting pictures (more precisely in the Thread "Public Executions In The Arena"), posted the 1st series and when I was uploading the 2nd series the computer stopped making.

I returned to the home page and it was impossible to connect the CF again.

Any site that I tried to connect, I could, the Internet was functioning normally.

Just could not connect with the CF, the computer displayed a message saying "Err Time Out" or something close to it.

Does anyone know tell me what happened?

This lasted around 50 minutes, started around 02:20 hours in Brazil,

06:20 GMT.

Top Cat

Can anyone explain me?

I was connected to the CF posting pictures (more precisely in the Thread "Public Executions In The Arena"), posted the 1st series and when I was uploading the 2nd series the computer stopped making.

I returned to the home page and it was impossible to connect the CF again.

Any site that I tried to connect, I could, the Internet was functioning normally.

Just could not connect with the CF, the computer displayed a message saying "Err Time Out" or something close to it.

Does anyone know tell me what happened?

This lasted around 50 minutes, started around 02:20 hours in Brazil,

06:20 GMT.

Top Cat
I've had this happen to me. I think the site is going through some sort of maintenance when this happens. Maybe a Moderator can verify this. Your computer is fine.:)

I know Tree likes to blame Barb with crashing the site:p, but I do not believe she had anything to do with it.:D.....She is innocent of all charges of computer crashing.

I seem to have noticed that at precisely 10:30 pm (CST) every night the site seems to slow down and doesn't respond for several minutes. I assume it's the server doing some kind of routine maintenance check. I thought it was my provider, but other Internet connections work fine, so I am pretty sure it's CF.

I don't think we've had any information through staff channels,
but I think it's very likely something was happening at the server,
an upgrade or whatever. Unless you happen to watch other sites
serviced by XenForo (I don't know any) it won't have affected anything else.

It does sound like maintainence or some upgrade going on.

I've had this happen to me. I think the site is going through some sort of maintenance when this happens. Maybe a Moderator can verify this. Your computer is fine.:)

I know Tree likes to blame Barb with crashing the site:p, but I do not believe she had anything to do with it.:D.....She is innocent of all charges of computer crashing.

HondoBoot2

Thanks for answering!

Top Cat

I seem to have noticed that at precisely 10:30 pm (CST) every night the site seems to slow down and doesn't respond for several minutes. I assume it's the server doing some kind of routine maintenance check. I thought it was my provider, but other Internet connections work fine, so I am pretty sure it's CF.

Barbaria

Despite not knowing what CST, (I imagine it's the time of the Midwest US), I confirm that the same is happening with my computer, just 0:30 hours from Brazil, (which is two hours ahead of the middle American west).

Top Cat

Barbaria

Despite not knowing what CST, (I imagine it's the time of the Midwest US), I confirm that the same is happening with my computer, just 0:30 hours from Brazil, (which is two hours ahead of the middle American west).

Top Cat
Yes. CST = Central Standard Time (U.S.)

I have noticed similar things around that time, including the complete lack of function of the site. I attributed it to my modem/router combination which is old. (The computer is new-ish.) Nice to know it's not necessarily my equipment (as the bishop said to the novice). :p

Just experienced the "slow down" at 11:31 PM EDT (Eastern Daylight Time).

That's 12:31 AM in Sao Paulo, TC.

And, Barb, you're on CDT now, not CST.:cool:

If I recall, the server is in The Netherlands, where it would be 5:30 AM, a good time for routine maintenance.

I guess this is just a "cross" we will have to bear.:p

I have noticed similar things around that time, including the complete lack of function of the site. I attributed it to my modem/router combination which is old. (The computer is new-ish.) Nice to know it's not necessarily my equipment (as the bishop said to the novice). :p

Jollyrei

Thanks for answering!

Do not worry, it's not your new computer!

My computer has a good old Windows XP running smoothly.

Top Cat

Just experienced the "slow down" at 11:31 PM EDT (Eastern Daylight Time).

That's 12:31 AM in Sao Paulo, TC.

And, Barb, you're on CDT now, not CST.:cool:

If I recall, the server is in The Netherlands, where it would be 5:30 AM, a good time for routine maintenance.

I guess this is just a "cross" we will have to bear.:p

Naraku

Finally you stated! :D

I was concerned about the silence of our "Human Google". :rolleyes:

Thanks for answering and the fantastic North American time abbreviations. :D :devil:

In Brazil we use the ace 24 hours, and no AM / PM. :p

Top Cat

Back
Top Bottom