A Capital Punishment Trial in Modern Singapore

Go to CruxDreams.com
NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! Not that last part! Please! :facepalm:
NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! Not that last part! Please! :facepalm:
Severe caning is the, one common theme running through all these options,so it looks as though that`s a given,it all depends on whether or how you survive any of the more fatal punishments that have been suggested.If you do, rest assured RBG and Josephine will not sell you to Istanbul, they will want to keep you for their own use.

Severe caning is the, one common theme running through all these options,so it looks as though that`s a given,it all depends on whether or how you survive any of the more fatal punishments that have been suggested.If you do, rest assured RBG and Josephine will not sell you to Istanbul, they will want to keep you for their own use.
Somehow, Barabara always seems to survive to come back and suffer more abuse. She reminds me of the old Timex ads, "She takes a liking and keeps on ticking!"

Courtroom, High Court, Monday, March 25th 3:20M

“Fine!” said Rut Betar-Giber. “I still hold hope that this case can be completed today. We shall hear closing arguments. But, gentlemen, I warn you, don’t bore us with flowery rhetoric or long-winded presentation. We are experienced jurists and we understand the evidence presented. Do not attempt to teach us our jobs. Mr. Deputy Attorney General, you may proceed.”

Leng’s closing argument adhered closely to the judge’s admonition. He concisely outlined the evidence and argued that, though circumstantial, it proved beyond a doubt that Barbara had murdered Rose Lin. With cold logic and careful reasoning, Leng argued that the Law and the Facts were clear. Moore was guilty, Her last-minute attempt to change her story should not affect that. He stated his opinion that the new story was just a better rehearsed lie than the earlier one.

The head justice them called on Jeffrey for his argument.

Jeffrey knew he didn’t have the law on his side, nor the facts. The only argument on his side was the lack of an eye-witness account of the murder. Rather than pounding the table, he tried pounding the emotions by painting a sympathetic picture of Barbara Moore, a young woman with a clean record, who made some minor mistakes while on vacation and had already suffered greatly for those. He described the several awful canings she had suffered as well as the two weeks in jail and almost two weeks in a hell-hole of a prison. (At that point Betar-Gisber interrupted to object to him besmirching the reputation of a fine penal system and to point out that the prison time had been extended due to Hodges’ own request for extra time.)

Humbly acknowledging those points, Jeffrey did insist that Barb was clearly not a hardened nor violent criminal, and the circumstantial evidence was not adequate to prove, beyond a doubt, her guilt. Perhaps the justices might feel compelled to convict on assault and battery, but murder was much too harsh a judgement to pass on partial proof.

Jeffrey spoke well and passionately. Barb started thinking again about how the tall, handsome man might be like in bed.

Amanda just looked up at him in awe, so proud that this great lawyer had allowed her on the case. He reminded her of Matthew McConaughey in “The Lincoln Lawyer”, one of her favorite actors and favorite movies. So smart and handsome. Even in his rumpled suit, he was tall and athletic-looking. She was sure the judges would have to rule in his favor.

As Jeffrey approached his peroration, his voice became stronger and more earnest, his words full of passion.

“My Ladyship and Lordships, I beg you to show the discernment that must be an integral part of Justice. While Barbara Moore has made mistakes since she arrived in the Republic, she is not a violent or a dangerous person. Just a young woman who is a trifle undisciplined in her language and judgement. Back home, she acquired a superior education and has earned a tenure track position at a major university. She has a long productive life ahead of her.

Please, PLEASE! Don’t jump to conclusions of her guilt on circumstantial evidence! Don’t take away the productive work she can do in academia! Give her the benefit of your doubt. Send her home to end this nightmare! Show mercy!”

As he finished, Amanda had to fight hard to resist the impulse to jump up and cheer. Barbara smirked at him with a "that's telling those local yokels" look.

“Thank you, Counsels,” said the head judge. We will retire to consider our verdict. It should not take long, and, therefore, court will remain in session.

As they sat and waited, Amanda was effusive in her praise of Jeffrey’s closing arguments.

“You know so much stuff and you speak beautifully, Mr. Hodges!” she bubbled. “I know the judges will have to acquit after they heard your brilliant arguments!”

Barbara soon became annoyed at the Blonde’s schoolgirl enthusiasm. Finally, she could take it no longer and said, “Just shut your trap, Amy, or whatever you name is! You’re acting like one of those dumb bimbo cheerleaders I hated in High School!”

Jeffrey, by now more than accustomed to Barb’s inappropriate style, just smiled at the impolite language. But when he looked over to Amanda, he saw she was close to tears. Little did he know she had indeed been a cheerleader in High School and proud of all the hard work she’d put into it. She took seriously the job of trying to cheer others! Jeff put her arm around her and gave her an encouraging hug. That action really annoyed Barb and she immediately demanded his attention. “Jeffrey, what do you think are my chances,” she said in a pitiful little voice to get his sympathy away from that idiot young slut.

Looking at Barbara, Jeffrey was again struck by the fine form and beauty of her face. Not for the first time, he found it was rendered uncommonly intelligent by the beautiful expression of her dark eyes.

“I hate to predict and get your hopes up too much, Barb. I do expect that there is no way they will find you not guilty on everything. You might be convicted of assault and battery. But I hope they recognize that there is substantial doubt concerning a murder and will acquit you of that.”

“They have to!” chimed in Amanda, slightly recovered from Barb’s insult and wishing to contribute positively. “It wouldn’t be fair! You showed that, Mr. Hodges!”

Last edited:
Jeffrey spoke well and passionately. Barb started thinking again about how the tall, handsome man might be like in bed.
Keeping her focus on the main issue, as always :doh:
pitiful little voice to get his sympathy away from that idiot young slut.

Looking at Barbara, Jeffrey was again struck by the fine form and beauty of her face.
Poor Jeffrey, the sausage in a totty sandwich.. The court will now take a short recess to allow the defence counsel a quick threesome” :devil::babeando::enamorado::babeando::devil:

Courtroom, High Court, Monday, March 25th 3:55 Courtroom, High Court, Monday, March 25th 3:20PM

After only ten minutes the judges returned. Rut Betar-Gisber gaveled attention and began to speak.

“We have carefully considered the evidence presented and reached a verdict based on that evidence. Miss Barbara Ann Moore, please stand.”

Jeffrey helped Barbara to her feet and stood beside her, holding her right arm for support and comfort.

“In considering the facts presented, we were impressed by the clear pattern of lawlessness and dishonesty by the defendant. While we did not make a judgement on the drug trafficking issue, we did find it sufficient to meet the requirement of a precipitating motive.”

“After careful consideration, we have determined that the charges of Assault and Battery on the deceased were well demonstrated and we therefore, unanimously, find you guilty on those two charges.”

Jeffrey gave Bar’s arm a squeeze. The justices were thinking as he hoped. Easy to convict on the minor charges and let the major on go.

“Turning to the charge of culpable homicide, we recognized that the case for this is purely circumstantial, no witness or evidence was presented that directly proves that you killed Rose Lin.”

Barb smiled at Jeffrey.

“However, convictions based solely on circumstantial evidence is routinely entered. And in this case, the circumstantial evidence is very strong and compelling.”

Barb pulled a face at Jeff.

“Turning to your testimony. You presented a clear, consistent and credible claim of self-defence today.”

Barbara almost jumped for joy. Jeffrey tried to keep her calm.

“However, that testimony was preceded by multiple testimonies from very credible witnesses as to your total lack of honesty. We also viewed your voluntary statement to the police which further demonstrated your mendacity. I would like to point out that Justices tend to put the most reliance on statements of witness and suspects immediately after the fact, when memories are fresh and before there is a chance to concoct studied and rehearsed excuses.”

Barb’s mouth was open as she struggled to keep up with the judge’s reasoning.

“As a consequence, we concluded that your statement today was most likely just another of your lies.”

Barb was offended, but Jeff put his hand over her mouth to prevent an outburst.

“Turning to the judgement of degree, the Republic’s Penal Code, Chapter 224, section 300 states that ‘…culpable homicide is murder — if it is done with the intention of causing such bodily injury as the offender knows to be likely to cause the death of the person to whom the harm is caused.’ We judge that such intention was in place. We also recognize the undisputed fact that both you and the deceased were prisoners in custody of the police authorities at the time of the crime.”

Barbara Ann Moore, this court finds, by unanimous consent, you to be guilty of culpable homicide constituting murder with the special circumstances of being committed while in police custody and in furtherance of a drug trafficking conspiracy.”

Jeffrey, shocked and dismayed at the news, nevertheless, drew on inner discipline to think of his client, who, if not for his firm grip on her arm, would have slumped to the floor. Barb, quieter than normal, just repeated “No!’ over and over in a weak, hoarse voice.

“Counsels, you have been previously notified to be prepared with sentencing recommendations. We will proceed immediately to these. As is customary, we ask the defense to go first.”

Courtroom, High Court, Monday, March 25th 3:20M

“Fine!” said Rut Betar-Giber. “I still hold hope that this case can be completed today. We shall hear closing arguments. But, gentlemen, I warn you, don’t bore us with flowery rhetoric or long-winded presentation. We are experienced jurists and we understand the evidence presented. Do not attempt to teach us our jobs. Mr. Deputy Attorney General, you may proceed.”

Leng’s closing argument adhered closely to the judge’s admonition. He concisely outlined the evidence and argued that, though circumstantial, it proved beyond a doubt that Barbara had murdered Rose Lin. With cold logic and careful reasoning, Leng argued that the Law and the Facts were clear. Moore was guilty, Her last-minute attempt to change her story should not affect that. He stated his opinion that the new story was just a better rehearsed lie than the earlier one.

The head justice them called on Jeffrey for his argument.

Jeffrey knew he didn’t have the law on his side, nor the facts. The only argument on his side was the lack of an eye-witness account of the murder. Rather than pounding the table, he tried pounding the emotions by painting a sympathetic picture of Barbara Moore, a young woman with a clean record, who made some minor mistakes while on vacation and had already suffered greatly for those. He described the several awful canings she had suffered as well as the two weeks in jail and almost two weeks in a hell-hole of a prison. (At that point Betar-Gisber interrupted to object to him besmirching the reputation of a fine penal system and to point out that the prison time had been extended due to Hodges’ own request for extra time.)

Humbly acknowledging those points, Jeffrey did insist that Barb was clearly not a hardened nor violent criminal, and the circumstantial evidence was not adequate to prove, beyond a doubt, her guilt. Perhaps the justices might feel compelled to convict on assault and battery, but murder was much too harsh a judgement to pass on partial proof.

Amanda just looked up at him in awe, so proud that this great lawyer had allowed her on the case. He reminded her of Matthew McConaughey in “The Lincoln Lawyer”, one of her favorite actors and favorite movies. So smart and handsome. Even in his rumpled suit, he was tall and athletic-looking. She was sure the judges would have to rule in his favor.

As Jeffrey approached his peroration, his voice became stronger and more earnest, his words full of passion.

“My Ladyship and Lordships, I beg you to show the discernment that must be an integral part of Justice. While Barbara Moore has made mistakes since she arrived in the Republic, she is not a violent or a dangerous person. Just a young woman who is a trifle undisciplined in her language and judgement. Back home, she acquired a superior education and has earned a tenure track position at a major university. She has a long productive life ahead of her.

Please, PLEASE! Don’t jump to conclusions of her guilt on circumstantial evidence! Don’t take away the productive work she can do in academia! Give her the benefit of your doubt. Send her home to end this nightmare! Show mercy!”

As he finished, Amanda had to fight hard to resist the impulse to jump up and cheer. Barbara smirked at him with a "that's telling those local yokels" look.

“Thank you, Counsels,” said the head judge. We will retire to consider our verdict. It should not take long, and, therefore, court will remain in session.

As they sat and waited, Amanda was effusive in her praise of Jeffrey’s closing arguments.

“You know so much stuff and you speak beautifully, Mr. Hodges!” she bubbled. “I know the judges will have to acquit after they heard your brilliant arguments!”

Barbara soon became annoyed at the Blonde’s schoolgirl enthusiasm. Finally, she could take it no longer and said, “Just shut your trap, Amy, or whatever you name is! You’re acting like one of those dumb bimbo cheerleaders I hated in High School!”

Jeffrey, by now more than accustomed to Barb’s inappropriate style, just smiled at the impolite language. But when he looked over to Amanda, he saw she was close to tears. Little did he know she had indeed been a cheerleader in High School and proud of all the hard work she’d put into it. She took seriously the job of trying to cheer others! Jeff put her arm around her and gave her an encouraging hug. That action really annoyed Barb and she immediately demanded his attention. “Jeffrey, what do you think are my chances,” she said in a pitiful little voice to get his sympathy away from that idiot young slut.

Looking at Barbara, Jeffrey was again struck by the fine form and beauty of her face. Not for the first time, he found it was rendered uncommonly intelligent by the beautiful expression of her dark eyes.

“I hate to predict and get your hopes up too much, Barb. I do expect that there is no way they will find you not guilty on everything. You might be convicted of assault and battery. But I hope they recognize that there is substantial doubt concerning a murder and will acquit you of that.”

“They have to!” chimed in Amanda, slightly recovered from Barb’s insult and wishing to contribute positively. “It wouldn’t be fair! You showed that, Mr. Hodges!”

are you sure Amanda isn’t Kristin in disguise?

Barbara Ann Moore, this court finds, by unanimous consent, you to be guilty of culpable homicide constituting murder with the special circumstances of being committed while in police custody and in furtherance of a drug trafficking conspiracy.”

Someone out there in CF land had better send me a cake with a hacksaw embedded in it ... FAST! Address it to Barbara Ann Moore, care of Changi Prison, Singapore, and label it “humanitarian gift - to be opened by addressee only”.

Someone out there in CF land had better send me a cake with a hacksaw embedded in it ... FAST! Address it to Barbara Ann Moore, care of Changi Prison, Singapore, and label it “humanitarian gift - to be opened by addressee only”.
The late David Niven, when at school at Eton, invented a lotion he called "Hard Arse" which he sold to his school fellows to alleviate the effects of floggings.A bottle of that might come in handy as well.

The late David Niven, when at school at Eton, invented a lotion he called "Hard Arse" which he sold to his school fellows to alleviate the effects of floggings.A bottle of that might come in handy as well.
I understand that Barbara already has (a) "Tight Arse.":D:very_hot:

“Hello? Is that the office of Justice Betar-Gisber? I represent Montycrusto industries; I wonder if I might interest her worshipfulness in our range of justice aids, including high quality sentencing wheels which take the tedium out of jurisprudence and add a delicious edge of spicy entertainment to any judicial process...” :p :applaudit:

“Hello? Is that the office of Justice Betar-Gisber? I represent Montycrusto industries; I wonder if I might interest her worshipfulness in our range of justice aids, including high quality sentencing wheels which take the tedium out of jurisprudence and add a delicious edge of spicy entertainment to any judicial process...” :p :applaudit:
I have to say - I respect your tenacity. What a bulldog of a salesman! In RL, is your name Billy Mays?

Back
Top Bottom