A Capital Punishment Trial in Modern Singapore

Go to CruxDreams.com
Courtroom, High Court, Monday, March 25th 4:50PM

After only a couple of minutes, the heavy carved wood door opened and the three black-robed judges with their white-powdered wigs filed back to their seats. They showed no indication of feeling or emotion; their countenances gave no hint of their decision.

Head judge Rut Betar-Gisber pounded her gavel and commanded in a soft voice, “The defendant will please rise.” Again, Jeffrey helped Barb to her feet. This time, she was very shaky and unsteady, weeping softly.

“Barbara Ann Moore. Having considered the recommendations of opposing counsel, having reviewed the seriousness of your crimes, and the totality of your actions since you have arrived in Singapore, this court has unanimously decided on a sentence preceding from the unanimous verdict.”

“This court orders that you shall be taken from here and put into the custody of the Commandant of Changi Prison Complex. He is directed to administer, without mercy, a caning of forty stokes with the #3 cane, with the usual discretion.”

“No!” cried Barb, “Please no! I can’t take that!”

“Barbara Ann Moore, it is also the order of this court that, after that caning, you remain in the custody of the Commandant, until such a time is established by the High Appeals Court, if it sustains this sentence, for you suffer death by impalement with hanging.”

Barb didn’t really fully comprehend the whole sentence. She was completely devastated by the thought of a caning of 40 strokes, double what she’d endured before! And death! She collapsed babbling incoherently.

“Guards, you may transport the condemned to the prison. Court is closed.”

Rut Betar-Gisber, gaveled the procedure to an end and she and the other two judges swiftly left the room. Jeffrey was left standing, his mouth open in shock and disbelief, tears running down his cheeks, as the guards dragged Barbara away and the courtroom began to clear. Amanda also cried, feeling terrible for Jeffrey and also for Barbara. She turned to Hodges to give him a reassuring, cheer-up hug that ended up being surprisingly intimate.

The Commandant shook hands with the Commissioner and then excused himself and hurried from the court. He had business at the prison.

Chunhua rose from her seat and started toward Jeffrey until she saw the young blonde give him the more than friendly hug, which he returned in kind. The doctor turned on her heel and left immediately.

Jack Frost watched Barbara collapse after the verdict and his heart went out to her. He rose, shaking his head. He felt overwhelming guilt and remorse and uselessness. He should have been able to prevent this, he told himself. He decided, then and there, that he would turn in his resignation this week. The department didn’t want his honesty and he was a has-been drunk. Time to go home to his only friend, the G&T.

Last edited:
A lot of character-arcs bending here, great tension and atmosphere!! And the sentence!! FORTY lashes? That’s almost a death sentence on its own.. although they didn’t say all 40 had to be administered on the same day. It might take the good folks at Changi a year or more to complete that part of the punishment... I’m sure they won’t mind entertaining her as their guest for that time.. but Impalement AND hanging?? Doesn’t one cancel out the other?? I must do some research...
:eek: :confused::devil:

Courtroom, High Court, Monday, March 25th 4:50PM

After only a couple of minutes, the heavy carved wood door opened and the three black-robed judges with their white-powdered wigs filed back to their seats. They showed no indication of feeling or emotion; their countenances gave no hint of their decision.

Head judge Rut Betar-Gisber pounded her gavel and commanded in a soft voice, “The defendant will please rise.” Again, Jeffrey helped Barb to her feet. This time, she was very shaky and unsteady, weeping softly.

“Barbara Ann Moore. Having considered the recommendations of opposing counsel, having reviewed the seriousness of your crimes, and the totality of your actions since you have arrived in Singapore, this court has unanimously decided on a sentence preceding from the unanimous verdict.”

“This courts orders that you shall be taken from here and put into the custody of the Commandant of Changi Prison Complex. He is directed to administer, without mercy, a caning of forty stokes with the #3 cane, with the usual discretion.”

“No!” cried Barb, “Please no! I can’t take that!”

“Barbara Ann Moore, it is also the order of this court that, after that caning, you remain in the custody of the Commandant, until such a time is established by the High Appeals Court, if it sustains this sentence, for you suffer death by impalement with hanging.”

Barb didn’t really fully comprehend the whole sentence. She was completely devastated by the thought of a caning of 40 strokes, double what she’d endured before! And death! She collapsed babbling incoherently.

“Guards, you may transport the condemned to the prison. Court is closed.”

Rut Betar-Gisber, gaveled the procedure to an end and she and the other two judges swiftly left the room. Jeffrey was left standing, his mouth open in shock and disbelief, tears running down his cheeks, as the guards dragged Barbara away and the courtroom began to clear. Amanda also cried, feeling terrible for Jeffrey and also for Barbara. She turned to Hodges to give him a reassuring, cheer-up hug that ended up being surprisingly intimate.

The Commandant shook hands with the Commissioner and then excused himself and hurried from the court. He had business at the prison.

Chunhua rose from her seat and started toward Jeffrey until she saw the young blonde give him the more than friendly hug, which he returned in kind. The doctor turned on her heel and left immediately.

Jack Frost watched Barbara collapse after the verdict and his heart went out to her. He rose, shaking his head. He felt overwhelming guilt and remorse and uselessness. He should have been able to prevent this, he told himself. He decided, then and there, that he would turn in his resignation this week. The department didn’t want his honesty and he was a has-been drunk. Time to go home to his only friend, the G&T.
Looks like everyone gets what they want, Jeffrey gets it off with Amanda,RBG ,Josephine and the Commandant get a lovely plaything to torture for a few weeks. Only poor Barb loses out , her tight little cut to ribbons,no chance of being passed unfit for punishment now, as Chunhua is in the Commandant`s pocket, and as she is going to be executed, the chance of permanent scarring is irrelevant..

A lot of character-arcs bending here, great tension and atmosphere!! And the sentence!! FORTY lashes? That’s almost a death sentence on its own.. although they didn’t say all 40 had to be administered on the same day. It might take the good folks at Changi a year or more to complete that part of the punishment... I’m sure they won’t mind entertaining her as their guest for that time.. but Impalement AND hanging?? Doesn’t one cancel out the other?? I must do some research...
:eek: :confused::devil:
Given Barb`s previous experience, a couple of sessions should suffice to complete this devastating punishment.
Of course the death sentence could be commuted to another 40 strokes and deportation when she has recovered from the first doze but she shouldn`t bank on it.

Last edited:

oooooh the moment I dreamed of!

Definitely not the moment I was dreaming of!!! :eek:

An ubiquitous expression in Singapore is the Malay, "Hutang mesti dibayar." Literally translated as "Debts must be paid," it has a deeper cultural meaning. It means showing respect for a mutual relationship,

In and Around Central District Courthouse, Monday, March 25th 5:00PM

Josephine shook hands with the Commissioner and Commandant and went over to shake DAG Leng’s hand. “Fine job, Deputy. You are clearly a valuable member of the Chambers. I’ll ensure that the Attorney-General understands your worth.”

“Thank you, Second Minister.” Lee Cher said, letting his eyes roam down over her trim figure. “I’ve just done my duty.”

“Debts must be paid, Deputy,” said Josephine, licking her lips suggestively as she felt the firm, masculine handshake. “Give me a ring sometime. We must get together soon to explore what other talents you possess.”

“It will be my pleasure,” said Leng with a knowing smile, as he watched the tall, shapely lady turn and walk slowly away.

Commissioner Lian went to Chief Ng and his two Sergeants who were working their way out of the court. “Fine, professional job, gentlemen. You have made the department proud. Sergeants, I’ll not forget you stepping into the breach when we needed you. Hard work will be rewarded and debts must be paid. Chief, a word with you?”

Ng told the Sergeants that he’d see them in the morning and then huddled with his boss.

“I really mean it, Chief, you did a fine job with a delicate case. Such loyalty and discretion are most valuable in an efficiently functioning police department!”

“Thank you, Sir. I just did my job.”

“Quite so. However, I’m glad to tell you that the Ministry of Home Affairs has approved the budget for those two additional Detective Constables you’ve been wanting for your division.”

“That will be most appreciated, Commissioner. Thank you very much”

“Thing nothing of it, Ng. Debts must be paid,” he said touching his finger to the side of his nose. “This week we need to get together and discuss the future for DI Frost.”

“Yes, Sir,” said WeiDa, a bit less enthusiastically.

Jimmy Rogers puffed heavily as he walked away from the courthouse, sweat running down his neck and already darkening the armpits and back of his tight, wrinkled, brown suit. He hurried along, concentrating on the Josephine’s full ass, wiggling seductively as she walked before him and as lovingly cradled by the tight, short skirt. He gave up trying to catch her and called out, “Second Minister!”

Josephine turned and saw the disgustingly fat man approach her. Oh, well, she thought as she stopped and waited for him to waddle closer. Might as well get it over with.

“Hello, Lieutenant. You did a fine, professional job in there.”

“Thank you ever so much, Second Minister! It’s Sergeant by the way. Glad to do my part for the Ministry.”

“It is Lieutenant. A reward for loyal service.”

“Oh my Lord! Thank you so much! I can’t tell you how much that means..! Dream of a lifetime..! Much waited for..! I am so grateful..!”

Josephine feared that if she let him go on much further, he would fall to his knees and kiss her ring! “Glad to do it. It’s good to know I have a loyal person in the CNB. Debts must be paid.” She turned quickly and swiftly walked away.

Rut Betar-Gisber, Wong Foo Lin, and Peter Gamble gathered in the Judges’ robing room, hanging up their robes and wigs, straightening up, and preparing to leave for the day.

“I really can’t thank the two of you enough for making the time to sit with me today. I dreaded having to handle that bitch alone.”

“Glad to be of assistance, Your Ladyship,” said Wong. “Though I can’t imagine you not being able to handle a young troublemaker like that.”

“Indeed, Your Ladyship,” added Peter. And the lawyer of hers needs to learn a little doesn’t he? Though, damned clever to come up with the precipitating motive question just after the DAG rested.”

“Leng’s not slow. He was ready with his witness. However, it was nice in the end to see the young bitch taken down a peg or two,” opined Wong with a satisfied smile. “Forty strokes of the cane will get anyone’s attention. Wonder it she’ll survive it, though?”

“I wouldn’t worry, bin Osman knows his work,” said Betar-Gisber. “He’ll probably split it between two or three sessions to make sure she is conscious for each stroke and ready for the steel stake. Please, though, call me Rut. 'Your Ladyship' is too formal! Would either of you want to see the caning?”

“And see that stuck-up bitch’s tight ass get destroyed, you bet I would!”

“And I,” said Peter.

“I’ll make sure the Commandant invites you both – front row seats, you see her private parts opened wide and inviting, see each drop of sweat and trace each rivulet of blood. The experience can be very...stimulating.” Said Betar-Gisber with slightly distant look in her eyes. “Again, I want to thank you for the support of two other votes for the verdict.”

“No problem, Rut,” added Peter. “It’s important that we judges to support each other.”

“That is something I appreciate very much, Peter. Would the two of you be available to come with me now for drinks at the Tanglin Club?”

“That would be a marvelous treat, Rut; it will be the first time there for me,” said Wong with enthusiasm.

Gamble chimed in, “I’ve never been there either, not that I haven't wanted to get there. I hear they have the finest Single Malt Collection in Singapore! Though I doubt I’ll be able to afford even half a pour!” he said laughing.

“Do not worry,” responded Betar-Gisber. “It’s my treat. Debts must be paid!”

Outside Courtroom, Central District Courthouse, Monday, March 25th 5:15PM

Outside in the hallway, Barbara was still babbling when Imran buckled a snug leather collar around her throat, fastened with a small padlock. He then attached a chain leash to it.

“Mandatory jewelry for condemned prisons, Professor.” He and Lim dragged her down the short hall and out a double metal door to the back alley where a black, windowless van waited. There, the intense heat and humidity of Singapore hit her like a freight train after all day in the coolly air conditioned courtroom. Imran grabbed her hair and Lim her neck and pulled her head up to look at the blue sky.

“See that sky, bitch? We always show it to condemned prisoners. Take a good look, cause you ain’t never gonna see the sky again in your life!” After a moment watching Barb cry, they turned her toward the van, on whose side was painted with gold, in both Malay and English, “Changi Prison Complex, Courtesy Shuttle Van.”

“Time to be going back home, Professor.” Imran said, pulling the stifling black hood over her head and tying it tight. Barb’s world shrank to the damp, close space inside that hood. Shackled and vulnerable, she couldn’t even see!

“Your friends back at Changi are anxious to see you again,” said Imran, grabbing and squeezing a breast. Lim gave a hard pinch to her buttock.

“Please! Please don’t hurt me!” Barb’s muffled plea came from her darkness.

“Hurt you?” said Imran, crushing her lovely tit. “We gonna do a whole lot more than hurt you, girl!”

They hustled her into the van which swiftly drove off..

In the darkness, Barbara heard Imran say to Lim,"Hutang mesti dibayar."

Last edited:
An ubiquitous expression in Singapore is the Malay, "Hutang mesti dibayar." Literally translated as "Debts must be paid," it has a deeper cultural meaning. It means showing respect for a mutual relationship,

In and Around Central District Courthouse, Monday, March 25th 5:00PM

Josephine shook hands with the Commissioner and Commandant and went over to shake DAG Leng’s hand. “Fine job, Deputy. You are clearly a valuable member of the Chambers. I’ll ensure that the Attorney-General understands your worth.”

“Thank you, Second Minister.” Lee Cher said, letting his eyes roam down over her trim figure. “I’ve just done my duty.”

“Debts must be paid, Deputy,” said Josephine, licking her lips suggestively as she felt the firm, masculine handshake. “Give me a ring sometime. We must get together soon to explore what other talents you possess.”

“It will be my pleasure,” said Leng with a knowing smile, as he watched the tall, shapely lady turn and walk slowly away.

Commissioner Lian went to Chief Ng and his two Sergeants who were working their way out of the court. “Fine, professional job, gentlemen. You have made the department proud. Sergeants, I’ll not forget you stepping into the breach when we needed you. Hard work will be rewarded and debts must be paid. Chief, a word with you?”

Ng told the Sergeants that he’d see them in the morning and then huddled with his boss.

“I really mean it, Chief, you did a fine job with a delicate case. Such loyalty and discretion are most valuable in an efficiently functioning police department!”

“Thank you, Sir. I just did my job.”

“Quite so. However, I’m glad to tell you that the Ministry of Home Affairs has approved the budget for those two additional Detective Constables you’ve been wanting for your division.”

“That will be most appreciated, Commissioner. Thank you very much”

“Thing nothing of it, Ng. Debts must be paid,” he said touching his finger to the side of his nose. “This week we need to get together and discuss the future for DI Frost.”

“Yes, Sir,” said WeiDa, a bit less enthusiastically.

Jimmy Rogers puffed heavily as he walked away from the courthouse, sweat running down his neck and already darkening the armpits and back of his tight, wrinkled, brown suit. He hurried along, concentrating on the Josephine’s full ass, wiggling seductively as she walked before him and as lovingly cradled by the tight, short skirt. He gave up trying to catch her and called out, “Second Minister!”

Josephine turned and saw the disgustingly fat man approach her. Oh, well, she thought as she stopped and waited for him to waddle closer. Might as well get it over with.

“Hello, Lieutenant. You did a fine, professional job in there.”

“Thank you ever so much, Second Minister! It’s Sergeant by the way. Glad to do my part for the Ministry.”

“It is Lieutenant. A reward for loyal service.”

“Oh my Lord! Thank you so much! I can’t tell you how much that means..! Dream of a lifetime..! Much waited for..! I am so grateful..!”

Josephine feared that if she let him go on much further, he would fall to his knees and kiss her ring! “Glad to do it. It’s good to know I have a loyal person in the CNB. Debts must be paid.” She turned quickly and swiftly walked away.

Rut Betar-Gisber, Wong Foo Lin, and Peter Gamble gathered in the Judges’ robing room, hanging up their robes and wigs, straightening up, and preparing to leave for the day.

“I really can’t thank the two of you enough for making the time to sit with me today. I dreaded having to handle that bitch alone.”

“Glad to be of assistance, Your Ladyship,” said Wong. “Though I can’t imagine you not being able to handle a young troublemaker like that.”

“Indeed, Your Ladyship,” added Peter. And the lawyer of hers needs to learn a little doesn’t he? Though, damned clever to come up with the precipitating motive question just after the DAG rested.”

“Leng’s not slow. He was ready with his witness. However, it was nice in the end to see the young bitch taken down a peg or two,” opined Wong with a satisfied smile. “Forty strokes of the cane will get anyone’s attention. Wonder it she’ll survive it, though?”

“I wouldn’t worry, bin Osman knows his work,” said Betar-Gisber. “He’ll probably split it between two or three sessions to make sure she is conscious for each stroke and ready for the steel stake. Please, though, call me Rut. 'Your Ladyship' is too formal! Would either of you want to see the caning?”

“And see that stuck-up bitch’s tight ass get destroyed, you bet I would!”

“And I,” said Peter.

“I’ll make sure the Commandant invites you both – front row seats, you see her private parts opened wide and inviting, see each drop of sweat and trace each rivulet of blood. The experience can be very...stimulating.” Said Betar-Gisber with slightly distant look in her eyes. “Again, I want to thank you for the support of two other votes for the verdict.”

“No problem, Rut,” added Peter. “It’s important that we judges to support each other.”

“That is something I appreciate very much, Peter. Would the two of you be available to come with me now for drinks at the Tanglin Club?”

“That would be a marvelous treat, Rut; it will be the first time there for me,” said Wong with enthusiasm.

Gamble chimed in, “I’ve never been there either, not that I haven't wanted to get there. I hear they have the finest Single Malt Collection in Singapore! Though I doubt I’ll be able to afford even half a pour!” he said laughing.

“Do not worry,” responded Betar-Gisber. “It’s my treat. Debts must be paid!”

Outside Courtroom, Central District Courthouse, Monday, March 25th 5:15PM

Outside in the hallway, Barbara was still babbling when Imran buckled a snug leather collar around her throat, fastened with a small padlock. He then attached a chain leash to it.

“Mandatory jewelry for condemned prisons, Professor.” He and Lim dragged her down the short hall and out a double metal door to the back alley where a black, windowless van waited. There, the intense heat and humidity of Singapore hit her like a freight train after all day in the coolly air conditioned courtroom. Imran grabbed her hair and Lim her neck and pulled her head up to look at the blue sky.

“See that sky, bitch? We always show it to condemned prisoners. Take a good look, cause you ain’t never gonna see the sky again in your life!” After a moment watching Barb cry, they turned her toward the van, on whose side was painted with gold, in both Malay and English, “Changi Prison Complex, Courtesy Shuttle Van.”

“Time to be going back home, Professor.” Imran said, pulling the stifling black hood over her head and tying it tight. Barb’s world shrank to the damp, close space inside that hood. Shackled and vulnerable, she couldn’t even see!

“Your friends back at Changi are anxious to see you again,” said Imran, grabbing and squeezing a breast. Lim gave a hard pinch to her buttock.

“Please! Please don’t hurt me!” Barb’s muffled plea came from her darkness.

“Hurt you?” said Imran, crushing her lovely tit. “We gonna do a whole lot more than hurt you, girl!”

They hustled her into the van which swiftly drove off..

In the darkness, Barbara heard Imran say to Lim,"Hutang mesti dibayar."
Let the Games begin!!!

Woww, i expected such a nice result from this trial! Unfortunately the last two days the story moved on really fast and i didnt make in time to vote!

I think in the interview you didn't refer the impalement/hanging method :)

We have questions...
How far is she going to be impaled before the hanging begins? (Well...if the executioner is very skillful she can be even fully impaled and still be alive...sorry Barb :) )

Who is going to choose the hole?

When the date of execution will be determined?

Does she have the right of appeal?...hope she doesn't...

Woww, i expected such a nice result from this trial! Unfortunately the last two days the story moved on really fast and i didnt make in time to vote!

I think in the interview you didn't refer the impalement/hanging method :)

We have questions...
How far is she going to be impaled before the hanging begins? (Well...if the executioner is very skillful she can be even fully impaled and still be alive...sorry Barb :) )

Who is going to choose the hole?

When the date of execution will be determined?

Does she have the right of appeal?...hope she doesn't...

All queries to be forwarded to the proper authorities. Thank you for your interest.

Seriously. I don’t know how or when PrPr learned to write so well. But this last chapter left me trembling and breathing heavily. It seems everything and everyone is against poor Barb and as her real life alter ego I am so feeling her apprehension and sense of doom. Why, oh why, can’t she and I ever learn to keep our big mouths shut, and to think twice before taking action?

Back
Top Bottom