Cars And Related Things

Go to CruxDreams.com
The beat is good, and some of the songs ... but the falsetto gets on my nerves ... probably not Tree's favorites either, I bet.
Falsetto? I don't think I know that one?

So was I, but I think the term dates back to at least the 1920s. :)
"Disco" is shortened from "discotheque", a French word meaning "record library" that does date back to the 1920s. In the 1940s it began to be allied to dance halls and nightclubs that used records instead of live musicians.
One of the first uses of disco as a short version of discotheque was in Playboy in 1964.
The musical style didn't develop until the early '70s.
disco-funny.jpg

I thought I would bump this thread with a picture of the Yorkshire entry to the Red Bull soap-box race. Built by the team at a local hairdressers called 'Hair Force One':

ff5wvomjctq6fcq7hgbh.jpg

"Disco" is shortened from "discotheque", a French word meaning "record library" that does date back to the 1920s. In the 1940s it began to be allied to dance halls and nightclubs that used records instead of live musicians.
One of the first uses of disco as a short version of discotheque was in Playboy in 1964.
The musical style didn't develop until the early '70s.
View attachment 501625
I like the BEE GEES.

Barb and Siss been playing Thelma and Louise again? Bloody lucky it wasn't Tree's Mustang or Pp's LBSC or the whips would be cracking

Look more closely. Isn't that Tree and isn't that someone's tight little mooning out the side window? :p

When I was in the pub, I heard a couple of plonkers saying that they wouldn't feel safe on an aircraft if they knew the pilot was a woman.
What a pair of sexists.
I mean, it's not as if she'd have to reverse the bloody thing!

pilot.jpg

When I was in the pub, I heard a couple of plonkers saying that they wouldn't feel safe on an aircraft if they knew the pilot was a woman.
What a pair of sexists.
I mean, it's not as if she'd have to reverse the bloody thing!

View attachment 549176
They would prefer a male pilot who frequents their pub?

The United States Air Force has female pilots. I believe some are even combat pilots--I saw some in news footage during the first Gulf war. I don't know about the Navy. What about the RAF?
Most planes these days are on autopilot for almost the entire trip. That's sex neutral. I guess they don't worry about that.

Last edited:
Related probably ;)
It is a Japanese car, and Japan does have the driver's seat on the right. I'm not sure if the United Kingdom still does. North America has the driver on the left. However, I think this video has a "universal trigger" for distracted driving. Of course, the driver has a helmet. It could be a woman. It could be a robot.
It's also interesting that she's hanging on for dear life but isn't strapped in. That would certainly have spoiled the special effects, so I understand completely.

Back
Top Bottom