Cause of death in Cruxifiction?

Go to CruxDreams.com

Opal

Assistant executioner
Does anyone know what the actual cause of death will be in a cruxifiction? that is barring contollable external factors like thirst or exposure. I would have thought it would be slow suffocation but i could be wrong

Does anyone know what the actual cause of death will be in a crucifixion? that is barring controllable external factors like thirst or exposure. I would have thought it would be slow suffocation but i could be wrong

Asphyxiation was the most common cause since the person on the cross would eventually be unable to hoist themselves up by the arms alone. Infection from wounds (both from nails and scourging) also killed, if the person lived long enough for it to set in, as well as shock or cardiac arrest (could even happen during the nailing). Very rarely a person could simply bleed to death, but that would only happen if the executioners were very sloppy and damaged the artery in the arm.

If I may expand a bit:
From what I have been able to read from the various experts over the years there are multiple causes of death.
Suffocation/Asphyxiation is one. Position on the cross (the classic "Y" shape position) makes breathing in and out difficult. Lungs and heart begin to fail slowly. Lack of oxygen to the brain was another thing that built up slowly adding to the suffering.
Hypovolemic shock is another. Loss of blood and body fluid make the heart eventually fail. Scourging, abuse while carrying the crossbeam, and nailing the victim all contributed to this.
Exposure adds to the trauma. Enduring the heat of the sun during the day and cold at night while completely naked weakened the victim.
Crucifixion was not a quick death. It took days for all the physical trauma, blood loss, and suffocation to cause death.
The stronger the victim the longer they lasted.
Executioners using various positions for crucifixion no doubt determined how long it took the victim to die.

Try it for yourself you'll soon realise what kills you even if just tied - it hurts ever you support with bended legs until cramp sets in or you dangle by the arms until you just cannot breath
You are left fighting the two the so called dance on the cross
Imagine the ropes being nails - sheer agony as you put downward pressure on the feet almost impossible to hols by you arms and bretath
so yes the last post sims it up exhaustion, pain, shock dehydration, loss of will to live but takes hours as the body just doesnt give up life that easily
As I say try it its exhilarating if its safe a real lesson

In my play I have used several positions raging from the classic "Y" shape position to various and exotic positions inspired by art.

I start with the classic position with feet firmly supported. This works best for a first crucifixion.

I play off the bottom when doing this. If the bottom can take the classic position and does not look stressed, I sometimes lift one leg and tie it higher than the other. I leave that position for a while and if he still does not look stressed I may lift the other and tie it higher also putting more stress on legs and arms. Eventually it gets too difficult to take and I need to untie the bottom.

Another position is to wrap the arms over the crossbeam and tie them. That gets difficult especially on the arms but some can take it and the legs tied at different height in addition.

One bottom lasted 45 minutes using a combination of different crucifixion positions but that was very unusual.

I need to say most, including me, can only take simple classic position for 15-20 min.

All of this is intended to simulate the dance on the cross and make the bottom as uncomfortable as possible without doing damage and assuring they can return for another fun session.

Muscle stress is the most common problem and I frequently get told " that was like one of the worst gym workouts I ever did"

Wow fantastic explanation
Sadly in the UK I have not found a dom with a T cross - one tried to emulate with a bar and harness but it did not really work
So I resorted to home ingenuity
In my Garage I put a ladder vertically
For the cross bar I used a 4" x 2" piece of wood tied with straps to the ladder
In this at the ends I had put coach bolts through so they protruded at the top by about an inch and a half
Then wearing wrist cuffs with O rings I climbed hooked my arms both side and took my legs off the rung

Dangling was shear hell - 1 minute tops before it feels like your arms will come out of their sockets
So your feet find a high rung - very bent
within a minute your thighs and calf's ache - so the dance begins trying to find a balance between arm and leg support

Lasted about 5 mins
Think if this was forced on me I'd last much longer but as this was self crucifixion I merely stand up and un hook myself and that's too easy

I'm going to improve this with upper arm supports and a proper way to attach the cross beam then do some picture
But it works and you feel the whole painful experience

Just wish I could find a dom/switch or even a sub in UK to share this with

Ladder and 2 x 4 is one of my favorite tricks.
It works well when you don't have the space to accommodate a full size cross set up.

Cuffs are the best.
Rope works also if the victim is not completely hanging by the wrists.
If you want to do other BDSM play, support the feet or butt so the victim is not hanging.
They will last longer that way and not have any circulation problems and end up numb hands.
If you want the realistic crucifixion experience then hanging with cuffs (padded is best) is the way to go.

Lots of guys in the UK into this, some are members of this group.
You just need to get them out from in front of the computer and have some fun. (some travel may be required)

Last edited:
It would seem a possibility that victims were left for a short while hanging from just the nails in their wrists before the feet or ankles were fixed. This would cause enormous pain (trapped nerves from the wrist nails with no opportunity to raise one's weight), and panic. Also maybe the hope was that the arms would be dislocated at the shoulders. The sight of the gasping, kicking victim scrabbling with their feet on the upright beam, slippery with their own piss & shit, to relieve the pain would be highly amusing for those watching.

Wow fantastic explanation
Sadly in the UK I have not found a dom with a T cross - one tried to emulate with a bar and harness but it did not really work
So I resorted to home ingenuity
In my Garage I put a ladder vertically
For the cross bar I used a 4" x 2" piece of wood tied with straps to the ladder
In this at the ends I had put coach bolts through so they protruded at the top by about an inch and a half
Then wearing wrist cuffs with O rings I climbed hooked my arms both side and took my legs off the rung

Dangling was shear hell - 1 minute tops before it feels like your arms will come out of their sockets
So your feet find a high rung - very bent
within a minute your thighs and calf's ache - so the dance begins trying to find a balance between arm and leg support

Lasted about 5 mins
Think if this was forced on me I'd last much longer but as this was self crucifixion I merely stand up and un hook myself and that's too easy

I'm going to improve this with upper arm supports and a proper way to attach the cross beam then do some picture
But it works and you feel the whole painful experience

Just wish I could find a dom/switch or even a sub in UK to share this with
@Casimir609 I know EXACTLY
where you are coming from....sadly I have a job that involves awkward hours :( :( otherwise I'd be in touch with a plan....
But,"Never say never....!!"

What do you think is the cause of death being nailed to an X cross. Open to anyone who may know.

It would seem a possibility that victims were left for a short while hanging from just the nails in their wrists before the feet or ankles were fixed. This would cause enormous pain (trapped nerves from the wrist nails with no opportunity to raise one's weight), and panic. Also maybe the hope was that the arms would be dislocated at the shoulders. The sight of the gasping, kicking victim scrabbling with their feet on the upright beam, slippery with their own piss & shit, to relieve the pain would be highly amusing for those watching.
Are we likely to see you produce any more manips or is that all in the past?

What do you think is the cause of death being nailed to an X cross. Open to anyone who may know.
A very good question Erin, and I'd be surprised if there's much - if any - research been done to answer it! :)

It's worth mentioning that St Andrew isn't shown on an X cross until the 10th century,
earlier images show him on the usual 'Latin' cross.
Also, the earliest legend that says anything about how he was crucified,
which is from the 4th century, says he was tied to his cross, not nailed.
In which case his death would probably have been of exposure, dehydration etc.,
whether his cross was T or X.

Are we likely to see you produce any more manips or is that all in the past?

I've stopped doing those manips Melissa, I'm now writing crux stories, & more accurate accounts of The Crucifixion than the tame attempts all movies & written versions of it present. Christ went through a dreadful ordeal, possibly more sadistic than most standard crucifixions because he was considered more ridiculous than criminal.

I've been tied to an X cross (cuffs) as well as crucified in the traditional manner (rope) and there's no real physical stress with the former aside from feeling a bit stretched out. However, I'd imagine fatigue and exposure would take effect eventually as obviously it isnt a comfortable position to fall asleep in.

Back
Top Bottom