Citizen's Arrest (A Western CP Story)

Go to CruxDreams.com
Scary times, everyone. For a little escape, let's saddle up and ride on back to the Old West, for a rollicking adventure with the feisty gunslinger Lyla LaCroix, as a scuffle with an old enemy turns nasty. YeeeeeHaw! :2guns:
The scorching desert sun glinted off the barrel of my gun as my gang and I halted our broncos, surrounding the girl. She’d drawn her piece as well and aimed it steady at the bridge of my nose, but I smiled.

“Five against one, Miss LaCroix,” I called across the twenty yards of dust that separated us. “You’re good, but you ain’t that good!”

Lyla LaCroix tossed back her copper-orange hair and fixed me in her bright green gaze. Her finger stayed steady on the trigger.

“Three years since I last tangled with your mangy ass, Pig Barton,” she called back. “You ain’t got a clue how good I am.” My men snickered at her remark. So much for loyalty. I forcefully swallowed my temper. There’d be time enough for that later. This was business.

“All I know,” I told her, “is that you’re worth a thousand dollars alive to the US Marshals, and I intend to claim it. This here, Miss LaCroix, is what you might call a citizen’s arrest.” A flicker of surprise twitched her cute little button nose. God Almighty. All this time and I was still obsessed.

“Since when are you workin’ with the Feds, Piggy?” the girl sneered. “They got more’n enough reason to haul you in!”

I sat proudly upright on my mount.

“You been outta the loop, Lyla. The winds are changin’. There’s more money in catchin’ crooks than in bein’ one these days. The boys and I,” I gestured to my four colleagues. “We gone straight ‘round about a year ago now.”

“You’re a bunch of lowlife traitors and snitches,” Lyla spat.

“Auxiliary law enforcement,” I corrected. “Now, you gonna come quietly?” I knew the answer of course.

Lyla flushed at my condescension. Without pausing to say anything, she lowered her six-shooter a span and popped a round into the dirt at my horse’s feet. It was a warning shot, but the noise and the shockwave startled the beast, sending him rearing backward and myself almost flying. I tugged the reins and yelled, which settled him down, but I still lost my hat in the commotion. My chest tightened, and my hand shook with rage as I recovered my aim.

“That your final answer?” I demanded.

“I don’t need to answer to you,” she snapped back. She still had a temper as fiery as her hair. It was one of the things that drove me wild about her. Soon, I’d finally get to break her spirit.

Brave but foolish, she readied her mustang to make her getaway. Quickly, I signaled to Boris behind her on the right, and without missing a beat, he fired, the shot catching her on the side of the leg. She cried out in shock and pain and her aim faltered. It was a glancing blow, probably would leave little more than a scrape but it did what her shot couldn’t. Her horse went wild, reared up in a frenzy and bolted for the hills, tossing Lyla like a rag-doll onto the hard-baked ground.

“Hyahh!” I roared, snapping my reins. The five of us galloped inwards, closing the circle, trapping our comely quarry. She scrambled to her feet, and tried to fix us in her sights, but she was winded and disoriented, and the dust was in her eyes. She fired two more ineffectual shots into the sky before Tiny Tim rode up behind her and coshed her hard between the shoulder blades with the butt of his Smith and Wesson. She grunted as the wind was knocked out of her and fell to her knees in a daze, her gun slipping out of her hand. Before she could recover, Tim and Boris rushed in and grabbed her. The bulky Boris pinned her arms behind her while Tim took a length of rope and began binding her wrists.

I halted and jumped down out of my saddle. I took a moment to brush off my black suit and to retrieve my hat from the dirt a few yards away. I had dreamed of this moment for years, and I wanted to make sure I looked picture-perfect. I swaggered over and squatted down to face Lyla straight-on, relishing the fearsome glint in her green eyes and the animal snarl that contorted her upper lip. I reached down and picked her gun up from the dirt. It was as sturdy and glamorous as its owner, polished silver, with a mother-of-pearl handgrip. I opened the chamber and dumped the ammo onto the ground, then tucked the pistol into my coat pocket.

“I want you to know,” I said in a low voice, speaking only to the girl, “that this isn’t just business for me.”

I licked my thumb and rubbed it on her soft cheek, smearing the coating of dirt away from her freckled skin.

“I take a personal satisfaction in being the one to bring you in.”

Lyla’s nostrils flared, then she suddenly lunged forward and, like a frightened dog, bit down into my hand. I cursed sharply and recoiled.

“Burn in hell, you fat swine,” she hissed at me.

I leaned back in and retaliated with a full-force backhand across her face. I. Would. Not. Be. Humiliated.

Tiny Tim tugged on the ropes, reining her in.

“Looks like she needs a lil’ breakin in, huh, Piggy?” he chuckled.

“I do think you may be right,” I said. I grabbed Lyla by the chin and forced her still-smarting face up to look at mine.

“You’re gonna live to regret that, Miss LaCroix. If you live at all.”

I straightened up, turned on my heel, and strode back to re-mount my horse, gesturing to the boys to do the same. Tim, hauled Lyla forcefully to her feet and tied his end of the rope securely to the saddle-horn.

“Back to town, boss?” asked Boris.

“Not just yet,” I said. “We’ve got a score to settle with our old friend here.”

With me leading the way, we began our ride toward civilization. Still on her feet, half-walking, half-dragged behind Tiny Tim, the infamous outlaw Lyla LaCroix brought up the rear.

TBC

...the feisty gunslinger Lyla LaCroix...
Too bad that tank top wasn't a common attire for girls at that time, but I half expected her to bring out a bow when she got surrounded :D

Anyway, I like the story! I don't think I have read another Western story here before (it can very well be my oversight since we have so many stories here). It's always good to see something different, and I like red-haired girls :)

Part two, in which we learn how Pig and Lyla came to make each other's acquaintance, and why they came to part on such sour terms...
I first met Lyla LaCroix when she was a gangly kid of only eighteen years old, but even then I knew she would be the best of us. Back then, George McKinley Barton was the most feared name in the open West. I commanded respect. Me and the gang: Boris, Tiny Tim, Long John, and Guillermo were on a warpath; tearing through town after town, cleaning out banks, stagecoaches, and little old ladies’ lockboxes with equal efficacy and fervor.

It was the night after our first train job, just outside of Brick Oven, Colorado that John caught a scrawny redheaded girl in ill-fitting men’s overalls and a straw hat digging in our saddlebags at the edge of our campsite. She pulled a shotgun on us, but we easily overpowered her. Nevertheless, I was impressed with her moxie and decided to ask her a few questions.

Visibly frightened of me, she told us her name was Lyla, how old she was, and that she’d run away from a wagon train because her mama died and her papa was a drunk and she decided she’d do better on her own. I respected her ambition, and I’ve always prided myself on my ability to spot raw talent, so I made her a magnanimous offer: join up with our gang and hone her skills, and we wouldn’t string her up from a tree for raiding our loot. She gratefully accepted.

I looked back over my shoulder at her, stumbling through the dirt, her delicate wrists chafed by the rope, her face a grim mask of defiance. If only she’d been as agreeable this time as she was back then.

Lyla to the bandit life like a true natural. She could move fast, ride well, she was as stubborn and crafty as any of the hardened rascals I’d ever worked or tangled with. She had a natural magnetism that she could play to her advantage but could be equally cold and ruthless when her wiles failed. I personally taught her how to shoot, and as she soon became an indispensable member of the Barton gang, I felt a distinct sense of pride in my chosen protégé.

But that wasn’t all I felt. Once she was riding with us full-time, she was a lot better fed, and as she passed her nineteenth year and approached her twentieth she really blossomed fully into her own womanhood. Her glossy, bushy red hair became as well-known throughout the territories as her crimes, and her long, shapely legs and petite, perky tits became many a woman’s envy and my own obsession. I was proud of her, but I was also infatuated. I craved her.

And eventually, I confess, I grew to resent her. Where once upon a time, men whispered fearfully the name Barton so often that I even forgave the insulting moniker “Pig” they insisted on preceding it with, over time, the same began to speak more of “the redheaded girl” in the same tones. Before long, they learned her name, and “Lyla LaCroix” became the taboo du jour just as much if not more than “Pig Barton.”

Two years to the day since she joined our band, I decided I’d had enough. She’d gotten cocky. She’d forgotten who she had to thank for the comfort and acclaim she enjoyed. I could tell she was feeling she’d grown beyond me and the boys. It was insulting. She had to be put back in her place.

So that night, next to the smoldering fire, just as she lay down under the stars and laid her hat over her eyes, I crept to her side, the carpet of dry dead scrub-grass muffling the clink of my spurs. Holding the barrel of my gun to her head, I clamped my other hand down hard over her mouth.

She startled awake immediately, eyes wide, panicked. I pinned her down with my knee over her rib cage. She jerked and struggled under me, so I made her a magnanimous offer: she could hold still and stay quiet and I wouldn’t blow her brain out. At that she stopped her squirming, so I moved my hand from her mouth downwards, groping every curve and contour of her perfect young body along the way, while she remained rigid and paralyzed under me. Finally having her in my possession, under my control, oh, it poured fire into my veins. My gun wasn’t the only thing full and hard.

I undid her belt and unbuttoned her pants, shoving my hand inside, feeling the warmth of her mound. It was everything I’d dreamed of. Evidently, however, she wasn’t interested in playing nice. As I moved to undo my own trousers, the impertinent hussy jerked her leg sharply upward, slamming her knee into the underside of my jaw. I reared back, seeing stars and roared in pain. In a split second, Lyla was up and away. She grabbed only her gunbelt, leaving even her boots and sprinted barefooted to her mustang. She hopped up in one motion and took off galloping into the black desert night. The boys were still groggily blinking themselves awake, and I was still spitting blood.

That night would be the last time I would see Lyla LaCroix in person for three years, though I’d seen her face plenty on wanted posters. She became a solo act after running off, absconding with more ill-gotten wealth than our gang managed even at our peak, and surpassing us in infamy as well. Lawless Lyla LaCroix was public enemy number one, and she was running us out of business.

After a while, I had seen the writing on the wall and decided, enterprising man that I was, that it was time for a new leaf. As the territories were booming, so were outlaws, and the lawmen were having trouble keeping up, so before long, the best money to be made was in bounty hunting. I talked it over with the boys, and we only almost came to blows before we reached an agreement to turn over a new leaf as citizen defenders of law and order. That had been a year before, and finally, after a dog’s age on the road and having accumulated a mighty respectable nest egg for our trouble, we’d bagged the most sought-after prize of all.

We dragged Lyla near a mile and a half before we reached the outskirts of the nearest town, where we found the abandoned shell of what had once been a cattle farm, before drought moved in and desiccated the grazing land. All that was left was a sandblasted barn, the skeleton of a house and stables, and the border fence all the way around.

“Civilization, boys!” I called back over my shoulder. “Nearly there!”

“You don’t know the first thing ‘bout bein’ civilized, Pig!” Lyla butted in. She always had to get the last word in. I reared my horse to a stop. Maybe I was hungry, maybe it was the heat getting’ to me, or maybe I’d spent three years musing day and night on every conceivable recourse for making that carrot-topped trollop regret the day she ever slopped out of the womb, but one way or another, I’d had it with her big mouth.

“Want me to teach this bitch some manners, boss?” Tiny Tim asked, leering.

I exhaled slowly.

“No, not just now,” I said. I was suddenly struck with a delicious idea. “But I think we oughtta make a brief stop, fellas. C’mon now!”

TBC

Well, I've got time on my hands now to keep things moving along. Here's part 3, in which Lyla gets a completely fair, impartial and above-board trial and a not-at-all cruel or unusual sentence.

I veered my horse to the left, over the hilltop and up to the perimeter of the old farm. The boys hurried to follow me. Lyla, still on foot, had to sprint to keep pace, and even still her skinny arms were pulled taut in front of her. At the old border fence, I dismounted, and beckoned to Lyla and her handler. Tim hopped down, and led the girl by her tether over to me. Her clothes were wrinkled, her hat was gone, she was covered in dust, and yet she still stood tall and haughty, shoulders back, eyes boring a hole through me. I couldn’t wait to finally break that spirit.

“Well, then,” I proclaimed, “Now that this ruffian has been duly apprehended, the Court of Barton is now in session!”

The gang clapped and whistled in approval.

“Hear ye! Levantate!” Guillermo cheered in his gravelly Mexican drawl.

I leaned in close enough that Lyla could have smelt my breath.

“You, Miss Lyla LaCroix, have been accused of robbing, pillaging, plundering, ransacking, ravaging, vandalizing and otherwise thoroughly disrespecting half or more of all the good God-fearing folk between here and the Rio Bravo. Now, how do you plead?”

Lyla cocked her head to the side.

“I’m as innocent as you or any one of your merry men here, Piggy,” she said. The boys all laughed.

“Well, shit!” said Tim. “that’s as damnin’ a confession as I ever heard!”

“I’m inclined to concur,” I said. I cleared my throat. “Furthermore,” I continued, projecting my voice to the dunes, “you stand accused of persistently and unrepentantly impugning the unassailable character of myself, the Most Honorable George McKinley Barton! Now how d’you plead to that?”

Lyla narrowed her eyes. She took a step towards me and kicked a spray of dust over my boots.

“To that, Pig,” she said in a steely voice, “I assure you I’m guilty as charged.”

Another cheer erupted. I stomped my boots clean and turned to the gang.

“How does the jury rule, then?”

Long John blinked his sunken eyes and scratched his stubble.

“Guilty,” he said.

Guillermo shook a hairy fist.

“Guilty! Culpado!

Boris nodded.

“Guilty, boss.”

Tiny Tim grinned, baring all ten of his teeth.

“She’s guilty for sure, Piggy!”

I smiled and hooked my thumbs in the sides of my belt, turning back to face Lyla.

“The jury has reached a verdict! You, Miss LaCroix, are guilty on all counts!”

She sniffed.

“By the power invested in me…” I began. My hand went to my hip where I kept a long, black bullwhip coiled up on my belt. I used it mostly for purposes of intimidation (and perhaps the occasional bit of cattle rustling) but it was completely genuine and would hurt when needed. I lifted thehandle and threw the tail out to its full length, popping the end in the air.

“…I hereby sentence you to a sound lickin’. Ten lashes. Laid on with a will!”

Lyla said nothing, but I saw her breath quicken. She tugged on the ropes binding her wrists.

“Tiny! Long John!” I barked. “Make her fast to that barrier!”

The two were quick to comply. They dragged Lyla up to the weather-beaten fence, whereupon Tim gave Lyla a sudden hard kick in her backside, sending her reeling, winded into the planks. The boys laughed. While she was still dazed, they each took hold of one of her wrists, stretched her arms out fully to each side, and bound her wrists tightly to the top rail with her backside facing outward. Lyla squirmed and struggled against the bonds but only succeeded at further chafing her dainty little wrists.

“Fuck you, Pig!” she snarled. “You’ll live to regret this, lowlife scum!”

“C’mon boys, we’re not ready yet!” I said, ignoring Lyla’s epithets. “This has gotta be a proper hiding, on the bare!”

“You got it, boss man!” Tim hollered back, saluting. He pulled the vicious hunting knife. In a single motion, he slit Lyla’s corduroy jacket in half up the back, then down each sleeve, before yanking the scraps off her body and tossing them in the dirt. Licking his lips, he went to work performing the same operation on her flannel shirt.

RRRiiippp up the back, baring the first hint of her soft white skin.

Rrripp Rrripp! Shredding the sleeves. He grabbed two handfuls of flannel, and wrenched the ruined shirt away, leaving Lyla bare-naked from her narrow waist on up.

Oh, it was a feast of a sight. Her perfectly toned arms and sculpted shoulders, the graceful taper of her back, her pale skin, smooth and dotted with freckles, and of course, those perky round tits that I dreamed of getting my hands around. She was such a work of art that it made what I was about to do feel like vandalism. I almost felt guilty. Almost.

I moved in real close and, unable to resist, ran the palm of my hand from her shoulders down the length of her back. She cringed at my touch. I should have been insulted.

“What happens now, you brought on your own self,” I whispered into her ear. She said nothing, just glared back, giving me her signature angry pout. I smiled. I reached around and tweaked her tit. She closed her eyes and clenched her fists, but otherwise made no reaction. I could see she was determined to be stoic about this. That was fine. It would just be all the more satisfying when I finally got her wailing.

I took a good solid stance a few feet behind her.

TBC

well, so she will have to walk dragged by a horse, it would be a pity if she should also do it barefoot, the ground in the west can be really annoying
There's got to be an official word for this. One of my favorite images.

7372A52B-96C9-4360-AB70-8020BE6C56A2.jpegE1D064D4-4AE7-4125-8D1F-064BB420B867.jpeg
She became a solo act after running off, absconding with more ill-gotten wealth than our gang managed even at our peak, and surpassing us in infamy as well. Lawless Lyla LaCroix was public enemy number one, and she was running us out of business.
You think with all this crime they'd have enough to retire and settle down. Apparently crime doesn't actually pay.
Here's part 3, in which Lyla gets a completely fair, impartial and above-board trial and a not-at-all cruel or unusual sentence.
So we found Tree's burner account then.

Ah, i skipped the show because it is based on a book I love, and they made a film with Sean Connery and Ron Pelman, directed by Jan-Jaques Annaud that I consider perfect, and therefore it makes it difficult for me to see those roles played by others.
I even know a boy who starred in it, then some scenes were shot in an abandoned village near my house.

Called "Name of the Rose" and this is the only scene I've seen from it. Actress is named Camilla Diana. If only she had freckles and everyone else was more cowboy-ee and less medieval she could be a stand in for Lyla

I wasn't familiar but I Googled her and yeah apart from the eye color she's not far from what I'm picturing. If you wanted to mentally cast someone you could do worse

Back
Top Bottom