Cmck-results

Go to CruxDreams.com
crux-manip.jpg

My humble contribution to the construction kit.

Four illustrations for:
Madiosi-2020-001-Gabriella1.jpgMadiosi-2020-002-Gabriella2.jpgMadiosi-2020-003-Gabriella3.jpgMadiosi-2020-004-Gabriella4.jpg

Love it, Madiosi! Great atmosphere and colouring, preserving the painting quality. The girl is quite nice too. :)
Overall the contrast of the erotic aspect of the girl walking to her cross with the simplicity of the composition and the "afternoon" lighting raises a sort of tension, which I quite like. Maybe it's because she's going to lie down on the beach, but not quite the way she would like perhaps.
:clapping: :clapping:

Love it, Madiosi! Great atmosphere and colouring, preserving the painting quality. The girl is quite nice too. :)
Overall the contrast of the erotic aspect of the girl walking to her cross with the simplicity of the composition and the "afternoon" lighting raises a sort of tension, which I quite like. Maybe it's because she's going to lie down on the beach, but not quite the way she would like perhaps.
:clapping: :clapping:

So, the Romans had laws against going topless on a public beach, and the penalty was crucifixion??? :confused:

She must have missed the warning sign, or ignored it altogether! :rolleyes:

Seriously, nice pic Madiosi. I agree with everything Jolly said about it. :popcorn:

So, the Romans had laws against going topless on a public beach, and the penalty was crucifixion???
They probably did, actually. The Romans, by and large (apart from on festivals like Saturnalia when they let themselves go) were quite prudish. Christianity with its conservative morals appealed to common Roman people because they saw the libertarian excesses and orgies of the aristocratic class (and Nero, for example). They weren't so much rejecting Roman tradition as choosing a new god that appealed to their sense of propriety.

Anyway, the penalty for being Christian was getting turned into a human patio lantern, I believe.

Back
Top Bottom