Colosseum

Go to CruxDreams.com
It would appear that the elevator process that raised animals up to the arena has been recreated and is now on display in the Colosseum.

http://www.history.com/news/1500-years-later-killer-animal-elevator-returns-to-colosseum

The engineering of these lifts were as true to ancient Rome as possible, made with timber from just outside of Rome and tools similar to what were used to make the originals. The elevators are believed to be capable of raising 600 pounds over 24 feet from the Colosseum floor into the amphitheater above. The first animal to be raised in the elevators was a wolf, as described in part of a documentary on ancient Rome.

These elevators are now on permanent display and will give visitors an even better idea of what the Colosseum was like during the ancient times.

I was kind of thinking if they wanted a permanent display of crucifixion victims there would be plenty of volunteers from here:)

It would appear that the elevator process that raised animals up to the arena has been recreated and is now on display in the Colosseum.

http://www.history.com/news/1500-years-later-killer-animal-elevator-returns-to-colosseum

The engineering of these lifts were as true to ancient Rome as possible, made with timber from just outside of Rome and tools similar to what were used to make the originals. The elevators are believed to be capable of raising 600 pounds over 24 feet from the Colosseum floor into the amphitheater above. The first animal to be raised in the elevators was a wolf, as described in part of a documentary on ancient Rome.

These elevators are now on permanent display and will give visitors an even better idea of what the Colosseum was like during the ancient times.

I was kind of thinking if they wanted a permanent display of crucifixion victims there would be plenty of volunteers from here:)

Volunteer? I want some form of compensation! :p

animals up to the arena
I want some form of compensation!

Suetonius wrote that when the price of meat was too high, Caligula ordered prisoners, with no discrimination as to their crimes, to be fed to circus animals [Suetonius. Lives of the Twelve Caesars. p. 118 (IV Gaius Caligula, 27, 1]

27 1 The following are special instances of his innate brutality. When cattle to feed the wild beasts which he had provided for a gladiatorial show were rather costly, he selected criminals to be devoured, and reviewing the line of prisoners without examining the charges, but merely taking his place in the middle of a colonnade, he bade them be led away "from baldhead to baldhead".

Enjoy to be eaten ...

Suetonius wrote that when the price of meat was too high, Caligula ordered prisoners, with no discrimination as to their crimes, to be fed to circus animals [Suetonius. Lives of the Twelve Caesars. p. 118 (IV Gaius Caligula, 27, 1]

27 1 The following are special instances of his innate brutality. When cattle to feed the wild beasts which he had provided for a gladiatorial show were rather costly, he selected criminals to be devoured, and reviewing the line of prisoners without examining the charges, but merely taking his place in the middle of a colonnade, he bade them be led away "from baldhead to baldhead".

Enjoy to be eaten ...

YIKES.....reminds me of the scene in that Polish movie....can't thing of what it's called.

Back
Top Bottom