Crewcified on't Wuthering Heights

Go to CruxDreams.com

Wragg

Chronicler of Crux
Staff member
Barb thought Wuthering Heights (that's Yorkshire, for the benefit of those of you that don't call England home, where the accent is, shall we say, 'characteristic') might be a good place for a crucifixion! :rolleyes:

I thought she might have overlooked the weather, and this picture by the great Jastrow illustrated my point: ;)

Attachments

• Just Before the Storm 2.jpg
    Just Before the Storm 2.jpg
    649.6 KB · Views: 644
Last edited:
Of course a good place for Barb's crucifixion!
View attachment 668943
Four-Yorkshiremen-monty-python-17725235-1003-676.jpg

Eee, just luke at that Barb! 'Ark at 'er complainin!

Aye. The yung peeple o' terday, they jus' don' know they're born!

When I were a lad, they crewcified me for six weeks on t'moor, an yer never eard me complainin!

Ilkley Moor?

Aye.

Yew were looky. They crewcified me for a whole year on' topper Scafell Pike in force ten winds and blizzards and yew never eard a peep outer me!

Scafell Pike? Tha's nuthin. They crewcified me at bottom o' Malham Tarn when it were frozen solid fer ten year and I never uttered a word.

Malham Tarn? Looxury! They crewcified me upside down fer fifteen year in't freezin cold cave in't How Steen Gorge wit great choonks o' ice fallin' on me exposed bollocks from frozen waterfall, and did yer 'ear me moanin'? Did yer 'ell!

Well, when I say Ilkley Moor, I fergot to mention that I were there for twenty year after me and me cross sank in't bog, but nary a grumble passed my lips!

Aye, and yer tell the yung peeple o' terday that, and they'll never believe yer!

View attachment 668944

When I were a lad, they crewcified me for six weeks on t'moor, an yer never eard me complainin!

Ilkley Moor?

Aye.

Yew were looky. They crewcified me for a whole year on' topper Scafell Pike in force ten winds and blizzards and yew never eard a peep outer me!

Scafell Pike? Tha's nuthin. They crewcified me at bottom o' Malham Tarn when it were frozen solid fer ten year and I never uttered a word.

Malham Tarn? Looxury! They crewcified me upside down fer fifteen year in't freezin cold cave in't How Steen Gorge wit great choonks o' ice fallin' on me exposed bollocks from frozen waterfall, and did yer 'ear me moanin'? Did yer 'ell!

Well, when I say Ilkley Moor, I fergot to mention that I were there for twenty year after me and me cross sank in't bog, but nary a grumble passed my lips!

Aye, and yer tell the yung peeple o' terday that, and they'll never believe yer!

Right.....

I was crucified right at the North Pole for 100 years, 70 years before I was born, and after they took me down they cut a hole in the ice and shoved me through. But did I protest? Never.

Why? Cause I always look on the bright side of life.

Right.....

I was crucified right at the North Pole for 100 years, 70 years before I was born, and after they took me down they cut a hole in the ice and shoved me through. But did I protest? Never.

Why? Cause I always look on the bright side of life.
There was a young woman named Moore
Crucified for being a hoor
It was so friggin frigid
Her body froze rigid
Out there on the bleak friggin moor
:duke::duke:

When you're cruxed in the storm
hold your head up high
And don't be afraid of the whips
Though it's pissing down floods
There'll be Yorkshire puds
And owd Harry Ramsden's fish n'chips
Hang on through the wind
Hang on through the rain
Though you're chilled through to the bone,
Hang on, hang on, with tea in your tum
And you're never cruxed alone,
You're never cruxed alone!

Barb thought Wuthering Heights (that's Yorkshire, for the benefit of those of you that don't call England home, where the accent is, shall we say, 'characteristic') might be a good place for a crucifixion! :rolleyes:
View attachment 668944

Ilkley Moor?

Aye.

oops, forgetting the shadow first.
View attachment 668963

Moore crucified on the Moor :rolleyes::p

When you're cruxed in the storm
hold your head up high
And don't be afraid of the whips
Though it's pissing down floods
There'll be Yorkshire puds
And owd Harry Ramsden's fish n'chips
Hang on through the wind
Hang on through the rain
Though you're chilled through to the bone,
Hang on, hang on, with tea in your tum
And you're never cruxed alone,
You're never cruxed alone!

This in my opinion is the best hijacking of a well-known song to ever appear on CF!

Brilliantly done, Eul ;)

Crucified for being a hoor
It was so friggin frigid
Her body froze rigid
Out there on the bleak friggin moor

Whose cruxing had left her quite sore
Her body was bare
There was ice in her hair
I wish I was there friggin Moore!

:rolleyes:

I remember Kate Bush on "wuthering, wuthering, wuthering heights; Heathcliff, It's me, I'm Cathy...."

ah yes, dear Kate.
Her cover art hinted at something
kick.jpgKate-Kick-Inside-600x342.jpg

and our own Bob took her up on the suggestion
bbki1.jpgbbki2.jpgbbki3.jpgbbki4.jpgbbki5.jpg

Back
Top Bottom