Crime and Punishment in Modern Singapore

Go to CruxDreams.com
It also restricted caning to men only, so Barb is OK. Men under 50 in fact, so Goldman is OK too. One of the few benefits of getting old...

Unless she flies by way of Trabbia:eek::eek::eek::eek:
You are a little out of date. In mid-2018 aggressive women's equality groups pressured the Singapore government into major reforms to eliminate any gender discrimination. Laws on the books now represent one of the most powerful set of equality statutes anywhere in the world. As a follow up, in November 2018, the Attorney General's Chambers promulgated new rulings that sex differences in official punishments were unconstitutional. Now, all over the age of 16, male or female and of any age, are equally liable to all judicial punishments (including caning), if judged to be fit by a physician. You Go Feminists!

You are a little out of date. In mid-2018 aggressive women's equality groups pressured the Singapore government into major reforms to eliminate any gender discrimination. Laws on the books now represent one of the most powerful set of equality statutes anywhere in the world. As a follow up, in November 2018, the Attorney General's Chambers promulgated new rulings that sex differences in official punishments were unconstitutional. Now, all over the age of 16, male or female and of any age, are equally liable to all judicial punishments (including caning), if judged to be fit by a physician. You Go Feminists!

Oh Shit! :confused::confused::demonbat::eek::eek::eek::facepalm::facepalm:

Narrowly avoiding several close calls with other cars, she arrived on time.
[It should be pointed out that, while Barb did indeed avoid several close calls, there were two slight dent/scratch incidents resulting from poor driving on Barb's behalf. In each case Barb just sped off, relying on a snow-covered license plate to avoid responsibility. Besides, she wasn't going to be late for her flight.]

A Magical Place: Friday, February 28, 2019

Barbara Moore was really enjoying her trip to Singapore.
Barb was very impressed by how clean and well-kept the urban areas were. Reading that street crime was almost non-existent, she felt comfortable walking anywhere at any hour. In the five days she’d spent here, she had fallen in love with Singapore with its fascinating blend of South Asian, Chinese and Cosmopolitan culture as well as British Colonial History.
She was charmed by the decadent Colonial style of Raffles Hotel, where she stayed. The second evening she had felt obligated to visit the “Long Bar” and sample the official drink of the City-State, the “Singapore Sling”, invented right there. Fortunately, it was in her hotel. For, after enjoying three, Barb, who couldn’t handle a lot of liquor, was barely upright.
Barbara had wandered for hours one evening in the “Gardens by the Bay”, mesmerized by the “Supertree Grove” with its dazzling lights. Another day she had explored Windsor Nature Park’s Hanguana Trail, named after Hanguana rubinea, a plant found only in Singapore.
The gleaming downtown towers and the upscale marinas of this island city were fascinating to explore. Of course, she had spent some quality time in the museums learning the history of the place. And the broad choices of wonderful cuisine at the restaurants had pleased her palate while damaging her credit cards.

The second evening she had felt obligated to visit the “Long Bar” and sample the official drink of the City-State, the “Singapore Sling”, invented right there. Fortunately, it was in her hotel. For, after enjoying three, Barb, who couldn’t handle a lot of liquor, was barely upright.

Two drinks are generally all I can handle before getting silly and inclined to do foolish things. So yeah! Good thing I was in my hotel. Only problem was I was barely upright and couldn’t remember my room number.

Two drinks are generally all I can handle before getting silly and inclined to do foolish things. So yeah! Good thing I was in my hotel. Only problem was I was barely upright and couldn’t remember my room number.
Someone would be sure to let you in in that condition! :bdsm-wink:

And the broad choices of wonderful cuisine at the restaurants had pleased her palate while damaging her credit cards.
[Text Messages on Barb’s iPhone:
USBank Visa – warning, approaching credit limit – ignored
Capitol Bank Mastercard - warning, approaching credit limit – ignored
Discover Card - warning, approaching credit limit – ignored
USBank Visa – warning, at credit limit – deleted
Discover Card - WARNING, over credit limit – ignored, deleted
Capitol Bank Mastercard – URGENT ALERT!; issue with credit limit; please contact bank as soon as possible – ignored, blocked]
Minnesota Northern Bank – Sub Prime Card – Welcome! Glad you’ve activated our credit-for-all Card. Note: Balances are interest free for the first 20 days, then accrue at 29% APR – saved.]

[Text Messages on Barb’s iPhone:
USBank Visa – warning, approaching credit limit – ignored
Capitol Bank Mastercard - warning, approaching credit limit – ignored
Discover Card - warning, approaching credit limit – ignored
USBank Visa – warning, at credit limit – deleted
Discover Card - WARNING, over credit limit – ignored, deleted
Capitol Bank Mastercard – URGENT ALERT!; issue with credit limit; please contact bank as soon as possible – ignored, blocked]
Minnesota Northern Bank – Sub Prime Card – Welcome! Glad you’ve activated our credit-for-all Card. Note: Balances are interest free for the first 20 days, then accrue at 29% APR – saved.]

Thankfully, there’s always another bank ... I appear to have 20 days yet before I run out of cash ... unless canceled credit cards are a punishable offense in Singapore?

Last, Wonderful, Dreamlike Stroll. Friday, February 28, 2019, 4:20 PM SST (Singapore Standard Time) (GMT + 8)

It was now the very warm, late afternoon of her last day in Singapore. Her flight left at 1:45 the next morning. She had packed, but not checked out (Barb had always believed check-out times were a ruse that was easily ignored. She would sweet-talk the ignorant desk clerk out of any extra charges, flashing a bit of cleavage if necessary – men were SO easy!). Now she was just wondering around beautiful Esplanade Park, a short walk from her hotel, relaxed and chewing some gum.

In an hour, she would go to the beautiful restaurant, Labyrinth, near her hotel. The hotel concierge had recommended it as a “modern take on Singaporean cuisine.” Reservations on a Friday night during “The Tournament”, whatever that was, were, of course impossible. But, a $20 tip, a long free look down her blouse and a disingenuous interest in having a drink together later in her room had managed to get her a table at 5:30.

Luxuriating in the heat after weeks of shoveling snow in sub-zero temperatures, Barb was feeling hungry now. Then, she spotted an ice cream vendor. Giving a girlish cry of joy, she hurried over to buy a cold treat. She got a cone of her favorite, Mint Chip, and began walking across the plaza, licking all around the sweet, creamy, melting treat.

It was then that all hell broke loose and Barb’s life changed forever.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom