Crime and Punishment in Modern Singapore

Go to CruxDreams.com
Barbara Makes Moore Mistakes. Friday, February 28, 2019, 4:20 PM SST

Barbara heard someone shout something like Gerombolan! Gerombolan! [Malay for Swarm]. Instantly police whistles blew and, in a few seconds, she was surrounded by four Singapore officers. They hustled her back to a bench near the ice cream vendor and one pointed at a piece of gum on the back of the top rail and said, in perfect British English.

“Did you place this here, Miss?”

“No! Of Course not! How dare you accuse me with no evidence!”

He stared at her.

“I, uh. Well maybe. Yes, I guess I did. So what?”

“Miss, I’m afraid that is a serious offence in Singapore,” the officer replied. He seemed to be the one in charge. He, like the others wore the white, short-sleeved shirt with gold buttons and trim and the dark blue beret of the Vigilante Corps, the elite of the Singapore Police. While Barb was unaware of this distinction, she did notice that all four were noticeably shorter than her; it made it hard for her to take them seriously – smirking, she thought they looked like overage boy scouts). Barb did see the three chevrons on his shoulder epaulets, indicating a full sergeant.

“Well, SORRY!” Barb said as dismissively as possible. “How the hell do you expect a tourist to know that? I bet it’s a scam to get money for fines. Like a speed trap in some hick town!”

“It is a well-known law here. You should have read the sign.” He pointed to a nearby sign with a graphic prohibiting gum and the warning of a $1,000 fine.
View attachment 750422
“What the fuck?” exclaimed Barb. “A Thousand Dollars? Are you out of your fucking minds.”

“Please, Miss. I must request you use proper language and show respect to the constabulary.” His calm voice showed clear annoyance, but Barb ignored that.

“Shit, this is a bad fucking joke. Look, little man, call off your boy scout buddies here and let me go before I get all you losers into a shitload of trouble.”

“This is a serious matter, Miss,” said the Sergeant in a more strained, but still level voice. “A major fine and other punishments if you continue to be non-cooperative and disrespectful.”

Moore was beginning to realize that bluster wasn’t succeeding, so she switched to her usual backup plan with male authority figures. Falling back on her experience with traffic stops in rural Minnesota, she played with the top button on her blouse, accidentally undoing it, and put on her best little girl lost voice,

“I’m sorry officer, Sir. I’ll be a good girl from now on.” Damn, she thought, the runt’s too short to look down my blouse. “What if I give each of you $10 and another for your pension fund. I’m sure you underpaid civil servants deserve some extra pocket money.”

“I regret you said that, Miss. That’s attempted bribery of a law officer. I’m placing you under arrest.”

“NO! you can’t do this,” she cried, as another officer quickly drew her hands behind her back and applied a tight set of handcuffs.

“Ow! Come on! This is not necessary! You are going to be sorry! This is police brutality! You fucking Neanderthals will be sorry!”

“Miss, you are charged with violating the gum ordinance, defacing public property, insulting and demeaning police officers and four counts of attempted bribery of an officer. I suggest you not make this worse.”

“Worse! This is a chicken-shit joke! And so are you, you dwarf boy scouts with girly berets! Now take off these cuffs or I’ll have your badge, all your badges!” Barb just then noticed the sergeant’s name tag. “Mr. Chua. Hey, is that name a joke too? Mr. Chew? Officer in charge of the “Gum Patrol?” What the hell are you doing?” Is two policemen grabbed her arms, she kicked out at the men around her and hit one and then another in the shin with the toe of her shoe.

Quickly, the two knelt and fastened ankle cuffs with a short chain between them.

“You should address me as Sergeant Chua! And my name is not a joke!” The sergeant raised his voice for the first time and flushed slightly. Then he took a deep breath and brought his emotions back under control. “Bring her along to the van, please’

An officer on each arm guided and half dragged Barb from the square to a waiting police van. The ankle shackles forced her to take baby steps and wiggle her tight little in a particularly erotic way, appreciatively observed by the onlookers who had gather to watch a rare disturbance of The usual Singapore tranquility. It is unlikely that Barb was aware of that.

Wow.. @Barbaria1 is in a sticky situation.. I am shocked :confused: :eek::p

“Did you place this here, Miss?”

“No! Of Course not! How dare you accuse me with no evidence!”

Mistake number 1 :confused:

He stared at her.

“I, uh. Well maybe. Yes, I guess I did. So what?”

2 :confused::confused:

she did notice that all four were noticeably shorter than her; it made it hard for her to take them seriously – smirking, she thought they looked like overage boy scouts)

3. :confused::confused::confused:

“Well, SORRY!” Barb said as dismissively as possible. “How the hell do you expect a tourist to know that? I bet it’s a scam to get money for fines. Like a speed trap in some hick town!”

4 ... Geez :confused::confused::confused::confused::facepalm:

“What the fuck?” exclaimed Barb. “A Thousand Dollars? Are you out of your fucking minds.”

5 .... oh no! :doh::facepalm::facepalm:

“Shit, this is a bad fucking joke. Look, little man, call off your boy scout buddies here and let me go before I get all you losers into a shitload of trouble.”

6 :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Moore was beginning to realize that bluster wasn’t succeeding, so she switched to her usual backup plan with male authority figures. Falling back on her experience with traffic stops in rural Minnesota, she played with the top button on her blouse, accidentally undoing it, and put on her best little girl lost voice,

7. :tits:;)

“I’m sorry officer, Sir. I’ll be a good girl from now on.” Damn, she thought, the runt’s too short to look down my blouse. “What if I give each of you $10 and another for your pension fund. I’m sure you underpaid civil servants deserve some extra pocket money.”

8. Oh Shit ... she didn’t? :eek:

“Worse! This is a chicken-shit joke! And so are you, you dwarf boy scouts with girly berets! Now take off these cuffs or I’ll have your badge, all your badges!” Barb just then noticed the sergeant’s name tag. “Mr. Chua. Hey, is that name a joke too? Mr. Chew? Officer in charge of the “Gum Patrol?” What the hell are you doing?” Is two policemen grabbed her arms, she kicked out at the men around her and hit one and then another in the shin with the toe of her shoe.

9 .... unbelievable... double geez!! :confused::eek::doh::facepalm:

Barb sitting in the police car, wondering if this mess is going to cause her to miss her flight home. And later, panicking when she realizes she will not be able to flirt her way out of this.

Attachments

• arrested.JPG
    arrested.JPG
    63.4 KB · Views: 105
  • panic.JPG
    panic.JPG
    44.5 KB · Views: 109
Back
Top Bottom