Crucified males

Go to CruxDreams.com
Ave,

related to the (hopefully upcoming) passion play season 2019 I found something which may be of interest for some other members, too:
The "Jacksonville Passion Play" is normally presented on YT about six months after easter (at least that was the case in the recent years), so we still have to wait for it ... but as a "preview" they posted a video about the rehearsal of the play with a few seconds with these boys as the "thieves" on their crosses - and that looks pretty good in my opinion.
I hope they keep these two in the final version, very much my taste.

So, here for your anticipation the first impression. I hope they dont ruin these nice bodies by too much blood makeup or bad lighting.

best regards
Ty.
View attachment 702620
I did a quick Google search for "Jacksonville Passion Play", and I'm afraid that Tygorn's fears seem to be well founded. It looks as though they're pretty free with the stage blood, and that'll probably limit our ability to enjoy the musculature of the young thieves struggling on their crosses on either side of the hairy guy in the middle.

While the video is still unavailable, here are some great photos from the 2019 Jacksonville Passion Play

https://photos.jeffwestcottphotography.com/passion-play-2019

Wow, thats fantastic, that you found the professional photographer for this play. Just awesome! This quality is absolutely incredible. Thanks so much.
He did not only capture the 2019 Jacksonville play, but also 2018 and 2017.
https://photos.jeffwestcottphotography.com/passion-play-2018
https://photos.jeffwestcottphotography.com/passion-play-2017

In 2019 these are really the boys as seen in the preview video, the Jesus actor is new, too.
But sadly "frost" was right about the make-up. I dont understand this - I mean, they are making this incredibly prefessional play with all these people involved, the crosses are "traditional" but nicely "crude" and then they make the bodies look like painted with a wide brush in red color. Thats really a letdown, because the rest is actually rather good and I like these new actors. Even if the "spikes" do not go through the wrists, it looks halfway convincing and the nail through the feet of the "thieves" looks better than in any other kind of such a play I have ever seen. The bodies are not really "hanging" but also not completely "standing" - something between... and its looking pretty good in my opinion.

In 2018 and 2017 the previous actors were in the roles of Jesus (the hunky one) and the thieves as seen in the official YT videos from these years.
The thief on the right is still my absolute favorite. Not only the body is just outstanding, the body make-up is far less offensive in color and structure and his facial expression is so pitifully, just wonderful. I also love the loincloth, its by far the most skimpy ever seen in this play and leaves much to see in the underbelly area, when squirming in agony on the cross you could almost believe that it may fall off sooner or later ;-) The "flapping style" makes it looking like in a Hollywood bible movie and you do not see any underwear - really nice... and finally in this play the loinclothes are not of white color as if coming fresh from the washer.
The photographer seems to like the right thief, too, since he is on far more photos than the other one :)

The make-up is best in the 2017 album in my opinion. Finally the thieves look more as if the have been scourged and not if they have been painted.
I wish they would have kept that make-up-artist from this year.

(I am not posting any examples here since the photographer explained his wish that his work shall not be posted elsewhere or altered in any way. Since I am very thankful for his incredible efforts, I am inclined to obey - different from my usual behaviour ;-). Everybody can download the photos from the homepage for own usage.)

Wow, thats fantastic, that you found the professional photographer for this play. Just awesome! This quality is absolutely incredible. Thanks so much.

In 2019 these are really the boys as seen in the preview video, the Jesus actor is new, too.
But sadly "frost" was right about the make-up. I dont understand this - I mean, they are making this incredibly prefessional play with all these people involved, the crosses are "traditional" but nicely "crude" and then they make the bodies look like painted with a wide brush in red color. Thats really a letdown, because the rest is actually rather good and I like these new actors. Even if the "spikes" do not go through the wrists, it looks halfway convincing and the nail through the feet of the "thieves" looks better than in any other kind of such a play I have ever seen. The bodies are not really "hanging" but also not completely "standing" - something between... and its looking pretty good in my opinion.

In 2018 and 2017 the previous actors were in the roles of Jesus (the hunky one) and the thieves as seen in the official YT videos from these years.
The thief on the right is still my absolute favorite. Not only the body is just outstanding, the body make-up is far less offensive in color and structure and his facial expression is so pitifully, just wonderful. I also love the loincloth, its by far the most skimpy ever seen in this play and leaves much to see in the underbelly area, when squirming in agony on the cross you could almost believe that it may fall off sooner or later ;-) The "flapping style" makes it looking like in a Hollywood bible movie and you do not see any underwear - really nice... and finally in this play the loinclothes are not of white color as if coming fresh from the washer.
The photographer seems to like the right thief, too, since he is on far more photos than the other one :)

The make-up is best in the 2017 album in my opinion. Finally the thieves look more as if the have been scourged and not if they have been painted.

(I am not posting any examples here since the photographer explained his wish that his work shall not be posted elsewhere or altered in any way. Since I am very thankful for his incredible efforts, I am inclined to obey - different from my usual behaviour ;-). Everybody can download the photos from the homepage for own usage.)

I agree with Tygorn—I wish we'd got to see a lot more of the young felon on the right. The loincloth is very good, if loincloth there must be, and in his close-ups in the 2018 video (starts around 1:30:57), he's got his arms outstretched as though he's actually hanging from them, instead of bent at the elbow. I like the face, too. It's a pity that the camera didn't pull back a bit to give us a better look at the thighs.

I didn't care for his 2017 makeup as much, because it tended to obscure the musculature and the nipples. But then, I prefer to forgo scourging, so as to have an unblemished body undergoing the nailing and then struggling on the cross.

In the 2017 stills, does it look as though Jesus is a little aroused in photos 225-227?

Just looked at the 2017 video again. Oops! At 1:20:00, we can clearly see an eleastic waistband sticking up over the edge of Dismas's loincloth.

Or maybe it's not accidental. A few years ago, as I recall, people were making a fuss about Kids These Days wearing their pants down on their hips to expose a considerable expanse of underwear. Various pundits suggested that this style had originated in prisons, where belts were prohibited. Could that sort of thing have been fashionable among gangsta types in 1st-century Judea as well?

Well, you are right in that case, frost. But if everything would be "perfect" already, there would be no room for improvements.
And the Jacksonville Passion Play is one of the very few where almost every new year is better than the previous one. Even if there were these make-up problems this year, they now have even two nice thieves (with more "screentime" as it seems) on the cross to "enjoy". Until now they had only one (the other one was not so much my "taste", even if the body wasnt bad either). I am looking forward to season 2020. Then I may even try to watch the live-stream (which I missed this year).
After this excellent photo collection I am curious about the official YT video, too, which may appear in about 6 months (or hopefully earlier).

Well, you are right in that case, frost. But if everything would be "perfect" already, there would be no room for improvements.
And the Jacksonville Passion Play is one of the very few where almost every new year is better than the previous one. Even if there were these make-up problems this year, they now have even two nice thieves (with more "screentime" as it seems) on the cross to "enjoy". Until now they had only one (the other one was not so much my "taste", even if the body wasnt bad either). I am looking forward to season 2020. Then I may even try to watch the live-stream (which I missed this year).
After this excellent photo collection I am curious about the official YT video, too, which may appear in about 6 months (or hopefully earlier).
I quite agree with your assessment of this performance. There are far too many PPs where the thieves are covered from navel to knees, where they're clearly standing on a platform and holding their arms out loosely—and, of course, where they aren't clean-cut slender young guys. I have to give the Jacksonville people lots of credit for the things that they do right, especially in the loincloth department.

If I lived anywhere near Florida, I'd be tempted to try to attend next year, and to bring my own camera, so that I could focus on the real subjects of interest. Though I wonder whether they allow cameras; the website for an Easter pageant in my part of the world emphasizes that photographs and video aren't allowed. Suspect that's because they don't want flashes and lighted screens interfering with the devotional atmosphere, though in my heart I hope it's because the thieves are played by 18-year-old athletes in minimal loincloths, who're willing to participate in the event but not to be photographed in this near-nude condition.

I agree. That looks pretty good. If you live in Florida you should volunteer for a "crucified-thief-role" in the Jacksonville passion play 2020.
And at least for my taste "clean cut" is not required, especially not around the head: I really like guys with long or curly hair on the cross...;)

Im in Hawaii lol. And I think being "crucified" as part of a religious play would be kind of weird and distracting to people with the way I look physically (i.e. hairless body).

I'm more interested in pushing my limits with actual (rope/cuff) crucifixion and not just posing anyway, for an audience (if any) invested in the aesthetic or bondage component.

But thanks for the complements... even though I'd probably feel embarassed actually hanging up there lol with people staring at me

Last edited:
The Patibulum vs. the leash.

The usual death march to the crucifixion destination involved that heavy crossbeam tied to the prisoner's shoulders, plus a minimal loin clothe covering to be of course lost later as he went up on the wood. Just as a variation that wonderful Modesto came up with this wonderful scene, the leash. Well designed to add to the humiliation of our prisoner, leash to the rope on his balls, and that anal probe. He will march naked to skull hill and most likely to trip and fall, but not to worry: he shall be disciplined on the rope, hoisted up and left to dangle.

Attachments

• crucifixion 1(13).jpg
    crucifixion 1(13).jpg
    277.4 KB · Views: 480
  • crucifixion 1(13.1).jpg
    crucifixion 1(13.1).jpg
    726.4 KB · Views: 468
  • crucifixion 1(14).jpg
    crucifixion 1(14).jpg
    390.4 KB · Views: 394
  • crucifixion 1(16).jpg
    crucifixion 1(16).jpg
    395.4 KB · Views: 409
  • crucifixion 1(17).jpg
    crucifixion 1(17).jpg
    425 KB · Views: 526
Im in Hawaii lol. And I think being "crucified" as part of a religious play would be kind of weird and distracting to people with the way I look physically (i.e. hairless body).

I'm more interested in pushing my limits with actual (rope/cuff) crucifixion and not just posing anyway, for an audience (if any) invested in the aesthetic or bondage component.

But thanks for the complements... even though I'd probably feel embarassed actually hanging up there lol with people staring at me

There is nothing more entertaining than a good tease.:Laie_22mini:

Ave fellow passion play friends,

here is something new from season 2019, which may be of interest if you like a younger "Dismas" (the good thief) looking hunky and cute at the same time.

dismas_0.jpg

I love the long wild hair (finally "realistic", since after days or weeks in the dungeon, torture, flogging and getting roughly stripped you cant expect a perfect hairstyle and freshly cut coiffure on the cross, eh ;-)) and his workout seems to pay off in this play ;-)
He is really very convincing and engaged in the short "Remember Me"-Scene at 26:57, one of the best classic "christian" crux dialogue scene I have seen since a long time. Too bad they are not nailed, only bound, the camera is shaky and its relative dark. Man, what would I have loved to see more of him. You can really call him "Hot Dismas".

(from this play there are also previous years online with other thief-actors, but this is by far the best in my opinion)

enjoy
best regards
Ty.

Back
Top Bottom