Crucified?

Go to CruxDreams.com
001 - Artist Albert Von Keller Work Im Mondschein - 1894.jpg Artist: Albert Von Keller Work: Im Mondschein - 1894

002 - Artist Édouard Charton Work  Le Crucifix De Combapata - (1863).jpg Artist: Édouard Charton Work: Le Crucifix De Combapata - (1863)

003 - Artist Jeanne Mammen Work Woman At Cross - 1908.jpg Artist: Jeanne Mammen Work: Woman At Cross - 1908

004 - Artist Félicien Rops  Work La Tentation De Saint Antoine - Studie (1878).jpg Artist: Félicien Rops Work: La Tentation De Saint Antoine - Studie (1878)

005 - Artist Félicien Rops  Work La Tentation De Saint Antoine - (1878).jpg Artist: Félicien Rops Work: La Tentation De Saint Antoine - (1878)

006 - Artist Bjorn Iooss Work Christ (200).jpg Artist: Bjorn Iooss Work: Christ (200?)

007 - Artist Sabine Picalle Work Ecce Homo - 2008.jpg Artist: Sabine Picalle Work: Ecce Homo - 2008

008 - Artist Frantisek Drtikol Work Untitled (Crucified Woman) (1913-1914).jpg Artist: Frantisek Drtikol Work: Untitled (Crucified Woman) (1913-1914)

009 - Artist Frantisek Drtikol Work Untitled (Crucified Woman) (1913-1914).jpg Artist: Frantisek Drtikol Work: Untitled (Crucified Woman) (1913-1914)

010 - Artist Frantisek Drtikol Work Untitled (Crucified Woman) (1913-1914).jpg Artist: Frantisek Drtikol Work: Untitled (Crucified Woman) (1913-1914)

Top-Cat

I hadn't seen before, and she is a particularly beautiful woman to find herself in such an unfortunate situation.
It looks like she is going to be burned. Alive or death? That is the question. If death, she faces a long agony, as only her arms are nailed. But if alive, does she look forward to the flames as a deliverance of her suffering, or as another torment to come?

Thanks TC!

Some great finds! :beer:

This one

View attachment 444116

I hadn't seen before, and she is a particularly beautiful woman to find herself in such an unfortunate situation.

It seems to me she doesn't mind the cornu stuck up her "whatever" as a certain President-elect:mad: put it so eloquently, since with her feet on the ground she could easily maneuver to remove it if she wanted to.;)

View attachment 444076 Artist: Frantisek Drtikol Work: Untitled (Crucified Woman) (1913-1914)

View attachment 444077 Artist: Frantisek Drtikol Work: Untitled (Crucified Woman) (1913-1914)

View attachment 444078 Artist: Frantisek Drtikol Work: Untitled (Crucified Woman) (1913-1914)

Top-Cat
Thanks Top-Cat for posting images made by Frantisek Drtikol, he did brilliant work which makes some of the more contemporary artwork look very poor in comparison
Worth mentioning here the lovely story by Elf Bride (Elfenbraut) inspired by his best-known crux photo,
http://www.cruxforums.com/xf/resources/the-girl-with-no-name-by-elf-bride.341/

Last edited:
It looks like she is going to be burned. Alive or death? That is the question. If death, she faces a long agony, as only her arms are nailed. But if alive, does she look forward to the flames as a deliverance of her suffering, or as another torment to come?
Whoever's in that suit of armour would do well to move away,
if they light the fire, he'll get roasted before she's done!

Whoever's in that suit of armour would do well to move away,
if they light the fire, he'll get roasted before she's done!
Oh, I think he's just hanging around to make sure nobody rescues her before someone finds the matches. Actually, it's a suit of full armour, so there may not be anyone in there at all. :rolleyes::D
This one

View attachment 444116

Well, it's not completely new - I know I've seen it before somewhere. I think I have a copy in my archive files.

Back
Top Bottom